Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Anti asian slur was used. Smh.

Jokingly. But big no no in todays day and age.

Suspension incoming?

“Gotta stop letting gooks in Miami”

Yikes..

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

That was really stupid of him. He thought it meant something else. I hope he doesn’t get suspended. We need him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31196207/tampa-bay-buccaneers-cb-carlton-davis-apologizes-using-anti-asian-slur-tweet

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• buc_boi

Participant

Maybe you should stop trying to explain what you think that racial slur means, everyone clearly knows

• BucWonder

Participant

48 Hour Rule. If someone makes a faux pas and clearly retracts and apologizes within 48 hours then that person should be forgiven.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

it’s a good thing Carlton Davis is a minority so will probably be given a pass.

He didnt know it was a slur.

PS – I hope i dont come off insensitive with my white priveledge comment above but let’s not act like if Ali Marpet said that the dude would likely have to be released in todays climate.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Slow news day.

• buc_boi

Participant

it’s a good thing Carlton Davis is a minority so will probably be given a pass.

He didnt know it was a slur.

PS – I hope i dont come off insensitive with my white priveledge comment above but let’s not act like if Ali Marpet said that the dude would likely have to be released in todays climate.

Bingo

• Roy

Participant

Obviously he was talking about a person he knew to be Asian, not just any person. so I’m not buying that he wasn’t using it in a racial way.

As for the poor white people who are so abused by today’s society (sarcasm), Riley Cooper received a fine from his team for using the “n” word. He wasn’t released. Davis will likely have a similar consequence. So point not taken.

Even though I’m white, or because I’m white, its tiring to hear people continue to project the idea that blacks are given special treatment over whites, when the opposite is true. In today’s politically correct society, nobody gets a free pass to say racist things. And that’s as it should be.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

@Roy see my posts in Boid’s thread

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Obviously he was talking about a person he knew to be Asian, not just any person. so I’m not buying that he wasn’t using it in a racial way.

As for the poor white people who are so abused by today’s society (sarcasm), Riley Cooper received a fine from his team for using the “n” word. He wasn’t released. Davis will likely have a similar consequence. So point not taken.

Even though I’m white, or because I’m white, its tiring to hear people continue to project the idea that blacks are given special treatment over whites, when the opposite is true. In today’s politically correct society, nobody gets a free pass to say racist things. And that’s as it should be.

Riley Cooper said his statement before sheep were so brainwashed in 2020. Totally different climate. Look at Meyers Leonard. dude is out of the league.

what was Desean jacksons punishment? Let’s see if a white player tweets something stupid between now and regular season and you can see the double standard.

but let me guess, you also believe maintaining an ID is voter suppression as well?

• RocBucsFan

Participant

I remember when sports was about sports. I guess I’m just a “boomer” or whatever other derogatory thing has been deemed okay to say about middle aged white men since it is not harming any “protected” member of society. All this does in reality is make the divide even worse when stuff like this is thrown at us every day from every direction. Just focus on getting upset about the things that actually deserve it and not every tiny thing that can be nit-picked to death. Rant over, as is my time on message boards I guess. Grow up people. Start worrying about your own family and community and not every goddam thing out there to make you feel like you are “making a difference”.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’m curious how a word like that becomes a slang in a particular area. Weird.

• buc_boi

Participant

34 shot with 7 dead in Chicago alone yesterday on Easter Sunday in mass shootings, yet not a peep… not even an acknowledgment that there’s a problem.

You want to know how many were shot in Memphis? Or Baltimore, or how about Oakland yesterday?

I’ll give y’all a clue, these people aren’t wearing red hats… but they do follow the hip hop culture.

Lol@ there isn’t a double standard, it’s disgusting… it’s like y’all don’t even listen to the lyrics to these songs.

• harrybucman

Participant

A disagree with 79, it’s not just a poverty problem. It’s a product of America losing the war on drugs. Buc-boi you mentioned Chicago and similar cities and how many were shot as your way of expressing your racist view of how bad black people are. But you ignore the fact that way more people, of a certain segment of society in places like Kentucky, Indiana, and West Virginia, die from overdoes as a product of the same drug problem in America. But I guess that’s not reprehensible behavior. I see your view point-its responsible behavior to kill yourself with drugs but reprehensible to kill others in territory wars. I always thought criminal behavior is criminal behavior and dead is dead.

• buc_boi

Participant

your way of expressing your racist view of how bad black people are.

And exactly what “racist view” are you referring to, old man?

Please quote this ‘racist towards black people’ post your imagination is seeing?

• harrybucman

Participant

Your racist view is so obvious Ray Charles can see it and he’s both blind and dead. Tell me what does the shootings in Chicago and other cities have to do with what Carlton Davis tweeted? What point were you trying to make Captain Obvious? You are what you are!!!!

• Bucsfan79

Participant

I am black and all I can do is LOL at white victimhood. “oooh, woe is us.” Too much! Carry on. As far as Chicago, that’s a poverty problem, not a black problem….Sorry to disappoint your prejudice and justification for practicing racism.

• buc_boi

Participant

As far as Chicago, that’s a poverty problem, not a black problem….Sorry to disappoint your prejudice and justification for practicing racism

Why should the members of a culture and community be held accountable for their own actions upon one another, and your justification for excusing such reprehensible behavior is to call the people noticing it racist… right on queue might I add.

I’m sorry you’re in denial

But I think you simply just don’t care.

• Pennywise

Participant

He should probably stop using words, he doesn’t know the meaning of ,

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I am black and all I can do is LOL at white victimhood. “oooh, woe is us.” Too much! Carry on. As far as Chicago, that’s a poverty problem, not a black problem….Sorry to disappoint your prejudice and justification for practicing racism.

it’s sort of how one might laugh at the BLM movement that rises up every election year.

democrats control congress, senate, and the presidency yet notice how they/media have pivoted from BLM to other things like asian hate and gun control, etc. They wont do crap the next 2 years for BLM but blame some dude trumps tweets nobody cares about anymore. Yet—you will continue to buy them as the lessor of two evils when they manipulate voters every 4 years and make no changes. Ask yourself – is that what you deserve? Why won’t they make any changes when they have the power to do so?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.