Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Used some anti-asian slang, said they have to keep “go**s” out of south Florida. He said he thought it meant “lame”.

He retracted the tweet, and sent out an apology. Just really really dumb on his part. And for the record, I don’t believe him at all.

But he apologized. I think he is an immature idiot, and if anything he knows he can’t do whatever he wants without paying the price for it. Disappointed in him big time. I simply don’t believe him one bit though. Just my 2 pennies.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

It’s used differently in some areas.

And if you look at it makes sense the way he used it with what he thought the word meant. “They gotta stop letting *lames* in Miami”

That’s something a lot of young people would say. The odd’s of him being racist towards Asians is not very high imo. And why would he say Asian’s need to be kept out of Miami? Lol. I don’t think he hates Asians and no way would he blast that on Twitter if he did. I think he’s more ignorant than stupid.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol.

“Idiot” is a strong word, my friend.

Equally if not more strong as gook.

Was it smart? Nope.

Not going to call him an idiot over one dumb tweet.

Suspend him for 4 games & move on.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Very stupid.

Has anyone in this site, from SFLA ever heard that racist slang used in any other way? Ever?

Don’t be dumb like Carlton. He may face a suspension and that is pathetic.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You’re as dumb as a box of pet rocks. You must be one slow in the head sob. Based in your recent posts, I would say you have some bad isht going on in your life. Wife leave you? If so, can’t blame her. But you’ll get back in your feet once you stop doing drugs or get real.

Lol.

“Idiot” is a strong word, my friend.

Equally if not more strong as gook.

Was it smart? Nope.

Not going to call him an idiot over one dumb tweet.

Suspend him for 4 games & move on.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Idiot, a term used a billion times on this site is comparable to a racist term according to DeBucsown.

Can you imagine if we dropped N words and other disparaging terms and consider it not as foul as idiot?

You’re a dumb mother fucker. Simple as that. And I promise you wouldn’t use those terms with that ridiculous thinking. Stop arguing and picking fights with me, you are clearly mad that I’ve been calling you out for being an idiot. Now go ahead and call me the n word, like you just casually typed out the word g..k, you fucking idiot brainer asshole.

• m_j

Participant

very stupid. might get suspended, might not, but that doesn’t change the thing he did it and that‘s definitely not good, no matter what he was really thinking!

he is the only half good corner we have, that position is the weakest link on our roster anyway. but who knows, maybe this results in drafting good starting CB which I would prefer anyway.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Boid you have one upped Davis with your responses.

There aren’t many asians in Miami, so this was simply a misused slang term that was misinterpereted by people who don’t know about his slang from his local area.
      The biggest issue here is the snowflakes overreacting. Take a chill pill and find something positive to focus your energy on.
      You have honestly been 10x more offensive in your comments than Davis, who obviously made a mistake. You are a deliberate abuser and you need to look in the mirror right now.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I don’t think he gets suspended. Desean Jackson didn’t and what he said made a lot more waves.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Denzel Curry is an artist from *Miami, here he uses the word on himself. Obviously he’s not Asian.
      ““Gook” is Miami slang for being a misfit or strange. Instead of taking the term in a derogatory way, Denzel embraces his weirdness.” -RapGenius.com

Seems to back up Davis understanding of the word pretty well

EDIT: this stupid board won’t let me post links, just look up the song at rapgenius.com and click the lyrics

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Boid you have one upped Davis with your responses.

There aren’t many asians in Miami, so this was simply a misused slang term that was misinterpereted by people who don’t know about his slang from his local area.
      The biggest issue here is the snowflakes overreacting. Take a chill pill and find something positive to focus your energy on.
      You have honestly been 10x more offensive in your comments than Davis, who obviously made a mistake. You are a deliberate abuser and you need to look in the mirror right now.

Agreed 100% lol.

So many of us live rent free in his head, its hilarious.

But my wife left me!? Lmao.

• Swash

Participant

Nothing to see hear. Down south they use that word to mean something other than a racial slur most know it as. He apologized, deleted it. Move on.. Context is key.

• BucWonder

Participant

48 Hour Rule. If someone makes a faux pas and clearly retracts and apologizes within 48 hours then that person should be forgiven.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

He was talking about some dude named Southside 808 Mafia who is *African American.

the 808 mafia dude said he ran Miami when he’s actually from Atlanta. Basically trash talking everyone that side with Miami rapper Kodak Black who he has beef with. Folks from there like Carlton didn’t take too kindly to that.

I know, I know, who cares, but this is the actual context of what’s going on. So we can all take a deep breath and relax, our CB1’s story checks out and he’s not a racist towards Asian people.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

No one cares and also “gay”.

• buc-in-out

Participant

While Carlton Davis isn’t the most articulate guy, and he looks like a gang banger… after looking at the evidence, it seems like an honest mistake.

I don’t expect anything to come from it.

• Runole

Participant

The biggest issue here is the snowflakes overreacting. Take a chill pill and find something positive to focus your energy on

Amen!

They can’t help themselves. They are miserable and wish everyone else to be as well. Always promoting victim-hood as their go to. JMO but it is a form of mental illness. Oh for the days of “sticks and stones”! “Call me anything you like just don’t call me late for dinner” lol

• JC5100

Participant

Agree, this is just a Miami term in bad taste. He might not even be aware of the other way it’s used.

• kenntak

Participant

Well, what was the context of the full message? You can’t just pick out a word regardless of context.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Well, what was the context of the full message? You can’t just pick out a word regardless of context.

Not directed at you, @Kenntak, but your question is a good place to start.

In this era of cancel culture and who can use or cannot use a word, the only way to eradicate such nonsense is to uphold the socially created implied law.

Let’s look at country singer Morgan Wahlen and when he used the N-word as term of endearment to his friend. Did Morgan use the N-word in a positive way? There are popular rap songs that use the N-word in a positive and also derogatory way, but they’re not cancelled because it’s a black rapper saying it.

Now, with CD-III, he is using a widely known derogatory term for Asians with the G-work, one of many. What is very funny is the G-word is associated with the term lame. That is the whole point of creating the G-word is to be identifying a race of citizens as lame. LMFAO! The G-word wasn’t created out of anywhere in south Florida, but you probably do or did have a lot of former military who retired in Florida who probably had fought in particular wars overseas that used the G-word to paint a particular enemy as lesser than themselves as a form of psychological reasoning. Isn’t that how the N-word is also used?

CD-III may have used the G-word innocently, but so did Morgan, but Morgan was cancelled right away.

The only way to break the stupidity of the social construct of the implied law of cancel culture is to enforce it completely.

Unfortunately, CD-III’s mistake is made more egregious during these times where it appears the black community is out to destroy the asian community, as witnessed on tv across the nation.

I think CD-III will get a pass because he’s a minority, which is sheer hypocrisy. If CD-III were white and said it, then he would be dragged through the media non-stop as well as be cancelled.

I love CD-III. This may be an ignorant mistake. Does context matter? Sure it does, but it didn’t matter with Morgan. If CD-III gets a pass, then the state of our society truly is skewed if our society is based upon equality.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

So easy to find the causal racists that will run to defend any derogatory term; someone calls you out for using a term you didn’t know was racist, you apologize, learn, and move on…

You don’t call those people a “snowflake”.

I don’t think Davis meant it to mean what it did, but it still means what it means… now he won’t use it. Learn and grow…

Don’t be like these red-hat dipshits that wanna hang onto all their derogatory terms.

• buc_boi

Participant

Guess black folks can say whatever racism slur they want too, because ya know, slavery and all.

Gotta love that hip hop culture in america

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Right… you’ve got what seems like an honest mistake in what Davis did/said. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

But don’t go saying stupid shit like buc-boi with “black people can be racist” and “hip hop culture”…

Because that is another ignorant comment…

The comments here are sometimes worse than what Davis said (in context).

• buc_boi

Participant

Thank you for proving my point for me.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yeah if only we could have the good old days

Amirite?

You call em the n-word and they just say yes sir master.

Damn hip hop culture and Abe Lincoln ruined everything

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Sounds like the context checks ok on this, and I can’t possibly count out a generational gap for the term. Even references from movies in my generation like Platoon and Full Metal Jacket, etc are not probably considered to be required watching for his generation. Of course another problem is that nobody knows who Carlton Davis is despite being the top corner for the Super Bowl champions, I’m starting to think our corners are not very good.

• Pepsi

Participant

amazing how this is a big deal.. even if he knew it was worse than “lame”. call him an asshole and then move on. There are a lot of assholes out there, probably plenty on every NFL roster. Sapp was an asshole… You dont have to like every player on a personal level.

• ryan24

Participant

My son is a couple of years older than Davis and had never heard of the term at all prior to me asking him if he knew what the term referred to.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Because nobody uses it. None of you have ever used it or heard it in that regard. Davis is an idiot. He apologized, but…

My son is a couple of years older than Davis and had never heard of the term at all prior to me asking him if he knew what the term referred to.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

the irony of the biggest snowflakes known to man, calling others snowflakes here…

Rich

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.