Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too.Winston or Mariota or Bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too.Winston or Mariota or Bust.

Yup. +1I looked at the 2015 FA list for QB's and it is ugly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted us to get Carr so bad. The kid is really playing well.

Please wait…

• captainduwayne

Participant

Chances are Winston or Mariota will be a bust.  With a team this bad you go with best player on the board.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

On a 1-7 team...............If he did that here, the RB would want him gone before the season is out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Presumable Tedford had the inside info on Carr and we still didn’t take him? Makes me wonder about Lovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chances are Winston or Mariota will be a bust.  With a team this bad you go with best player on the board.

Yes.  Let's never draft a QB high since they might be a bust and stick with Glennon.  Great idea!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t say either of them are good, but they’re not embarrassing themselves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For rookies they are progressing and making throws that need to be made.  Bridgewater struggled with deep throws last week looked more on target yesterday.  Carr forced several throws, but for the most part he utilized his mobility to keep the Seattle defense on their toes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As I said in another thread: “I’m fine with waiting until 2016 draft to get a QB if an elite LT or pass rushing DE is available.”I don't want Winston here.  He'll be in jail and suspended before he make a Pro Bowl.  I'm not sold on Mariotta either.  That said, the biggest reason I'd rather wait, is because I don't want Smith here with a new QB.  No QB ever got better or developed under Lovie Smith.  I'd rather wait until the following years draft after Lovie gets fired.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

As I said in another thread: "I'm fine with waiting until 2016 draft to get a QB if an elite LT or pass rushing DE is available."I don't want Winston here.  He'll be in jail and suspended before he make a Pro Bowl.  I'm not sold on Mariotta either.  That said, the biggest reason I'd rather wait, is because I don't want Smith here with a new QB.  No QB ever got better or developed under Lovie Smith.  I'd rather wait until the following years draft after Lovie gets fired.

before he make a Pro Bowl.Learn to speak.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As I said in another thread: "I'm fine with waiting until 2016 draft to get a QB if an elite LT or pass rushing DE is available."I don't want Winston here.  He'll be in jail and suspended before he make a Pro Bowl.  I'm not sold on Mariotta either.  That said, the biggest reason I'd rather wait, is because I don't want Smith here with a new QB.  No QB ever got better or developed under Lovie Smith.  I'd rather wait until the following years draft after Lovie gets fired.

He's writing, not speaking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's writing, not speaking.

Learn to type!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is an A-hole, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen another QB look like he is throwing a baseball as far accuracy and fitting into tight windows. He definitely would make us better. I don’t know about Mariotta, haven’t watched him enough to have as much of an opinion as others. Given the option, I’d probably take Randy Gregory over both of them and roll with Glennon again next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

roll with Glennon again next year.

5129526609_60cf3fff99_z.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Acting like cowards towards the qb position will always pay off…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really dude....did this simple grammatical error throw you so far off, that you did not understand or are you just trying to find something, anything to make you feel superior, or more intelligent?  In fact, it's YOU who comes across as lacking substance pertinent to the topic, when you rebuttal or response is so petty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really dude....did this simple grammatical error throw you so far off, that you did not understand or are you just trying to find something, anything to make you feel superior, or more intelligent?  In fact, it's YOU who comes across as lacking substance pertinent to the topic, when you rebuttal or response is so petty.

don't feed the 10lb troll

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too. We could've traded up in the second round to get him but settled on ASJ. Carr to Evans would've been sweet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope Lovie and Licht don't pass another batch of QB's in 2015... :'(

They kinda have no choice but to draft QB. Glennon and McCown aren't the answer. What are they gonna sell ticketholders on Lovie's coaching prowess and his free agency spending? lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, really.  I miss an "s" on the end of word and it's an issue.  LOL

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

No, the spreading of misinformation on this board about one of the best QB prospects to come out in a while is what pissed me off.  We need Winston in Tampa.  He's the one that brought up Winston Einstein.  Dont blame me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, really.  I miss an "s" on the end of word and it's an issue.  LOL

10lb will be playing the victim card any moment now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look for Mettenberger to make a push late in the year now that he is starting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want a QB who’s game translates well to professional football. If we don’t draft Winston then I would rather the Bucs draft another position, and draft a pro ready QB prospect the following year. Even if we draft a QB in this draft there is a very good chance that we will look as crappy as the Jags , Vikings, and Raiders do this year.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Look for Mettenberger to make a push late in the year now that he is starting.

Agreed.  I was on board with drafting him.  He's the one guy with the arm strength and unlike Carr, I think he can actually learn complicated offensive schemes.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Bridgewater hasn’t looked that good.  I wouldn’t want him on the Bucs.  Bortles and Carr have looked good.  I'd take either on the Bucs.Manziel is still the best QB of this class.  He just hasn't gotten the chance to play yet.  Lovie is a fool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't and couldn't allow myself to pass on a franchise QB simply because of the HC and his schemes. If we draft Mariota or Rapey McCrablegs, they will be here long after Lovie's ass gets fired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't and couldn't allow myself to pass on a franchise QB simply because of the HC and his schemes. If we draft Mariota or Rapey McCrablegs, they will be here long after Lovie's ass gets fired.

That's not my only issue.  I don't really think either will be franchise QB's.  But, I'm talking about myself and I what I am hoping for, not necessarily what the team will do.  The team will address the roster the best way they see it.  My issue is that I don't think they have the coaches in place to maximize the talent.  Generally, DE's and LT's can adapt to virtually every scheme, QB's can't.  That's why I'm hoping they take a pass rusher or LT. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, the spreading of misinformation on this board about one of the best QB prospects to come out in a while is what pissed me off.  We need Winston in Tampa.  He's the one that brought up Winston Einstein.  Dont blame me.

What misinformation?  That's he'll end up in jail or suspended before making the pro bowl?  That's called a prediction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My issue is that I don't think they have the coaches in place to maximize the talent. 

I agree. But, with that said, I'm not passing on a guy who has the potential to be our franchise signal caller. Screw the coaching staff. We can replace them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My issue is that I don't think they have the coaches in place to maximize the talent. 

I agree. But, with that said, I'm not passing on a guy who has the potential to be our franchise signal caller. Screw the coaching staff. We can replace them.

Yeah, just look at what happened to Alex Smith and the 49ers who went with this series as proof of what happens when you draft a potential franchise QB with the wrong coaching staff.Name me the last time a "franchise QB" was drafted under one coach but actualized him potential with the next coach?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want a QB who's game translates well to professional football. If we don't draft Winston then I would rather the Bucs draft another position, and draft a pro ready QB prospect the following year. Even if we draft a QB in this draft there is a very good chance that we will look as crappy as the Jags , Vikings, and Raiders do this year.

we are going to look crappy next year no matter what we do.  This isn’t going to be a quick and easy fix.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never get the “he will waste him” objection to drafting a QB. So we have two options: run an offense with a Ryn Fitzpatrick clone or one with a Tony Romo clone. Now, there is actually a scenario that exists where you think someone can design an offense that the latter won’t be better than the former?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can keep rolling with this:@IKaufmanTBO: Mike Glennon of the Bucs (45.8) is the only rated QB in the league hitting on less than 50 percent of his pass attempts on third downSweet, no gain to be had by upgrading the QB there.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I want a QB who's game translates well to professional football. If we don't draft Winston then I would rather the Bucs draft another position, and draft a pro ready QB prospect the following year. Even if we draft a QB in this draft there is a very good chance that we will look as crappy as the Jags , Vikings, and Raiders do this year.

we are going to look crappy next year no matter what we do.  This isn't going to be a quick and easy fix.

If the Bucs brought back Jon Gruden, they would be immediately competitive again.  But with Lovie, I agree, this team will be crappy next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never get the "he will waste him" objection to drafting a QB. So we have two options: run an offense with a Ryn Fitzpatrick clone or one with a Tony Romo clone. Now, there is actually a scenario that exists where you think someone can design an offense that the latter won't be better than the former?

At this point, I think it's the Glennonites clinging to one last thread of hope. Fact is, we can draft either Rapey or Marcus and address both lines. I'm sorry, I just don't buy into the whole concept of not taking a possible stud at QB simply because our coaching staff is completely incompetent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will never get the "he will waste him" objection to drafting a QB. So we have two options: run an offense with a Ryn Fitzpatrick clone or one with a Tony Romo clone. Now, there is actually a scenario that exists where you think someone can design an offense that the latter won't be better than the former?

Really?  The evidence of this happening is wide-spread throughout the league and it's history.  If you don't have the right HC/OC marriage with the right QB, there will NEVER be success.  Lovie is the wrong HC for any QB, period.  His track record has proven that.  He's never developed nor has a QB ever improved under his management.  Best to take a DE or LT to help in the trenches for the following season when we have a new HC.  Lovie will not last past the 2015 season, that's my guess because he's a terrible HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, I think it's the Glennonites clinging to one last thread of hope. Fact is, we can draft either Rapey or Marcus and address both lines. I'm sorry, I just don't buy into the whole concept of not taking a possible stud at QB simply because our coaching staff is completely incompetent.

I am by far a Glennoninte.  In fact, I'm quite confident he's not the answer.  The thing is, I'm not sold on either Mariotta or Winston either.  I don't think either of them are franchise QB's.  Build the trenches this offseason.  Get a QB next year.  Whether they draft one of those 2 (Mariotta or Winston), or not, this team will still struggle to win 4 games under Smith.  A top QB option will be available next year with possibly better candidates.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the get the QB next year logic because a. You can plan your draft position like that and b. There sure will be even better prospects next year. Wasn’t it last year people telling us to wait to this year because these cats were so much better than those cats? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting McCown serves literally no purpose. Giving Glennon the rest of the year gives coaches more info on what he is and isn’t so we can make a better decision in the draft. Continue to start Glennon is the right choice, Haters and Lovers alike can agree to that. If he  plays like he has then draft a QB and let em fight it out. If Glennon is so bad, Mariota or Winston should easily win the starting spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no reason to play Drago. As mediocre as Glennon has been he has been better than what McCown did. I don’t think anyone wants to roll that goof ball out there. The question is based on what we’ve seen is Glennon stopping us from taking a QB?  Clearly at this point no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the get the QB next year logic because a. You can plan your draft position like that and b. There sure will be even better prospects next year. Wasn't it last year people telling us to wait to this year because these cats were so much better than those cats?

There's a difference between your "QB next year logic" diatribe and my point of view.  Last year, I was fine with letting Glennon have at least 1 year to see what he can do.  With that, the best way to help him was NOT to draft a QB, but give him weapons to use... which is what this group did... and it's fine.  I have no problem with their draft at all.  Now, will the players pan out?  That's for time to tell.Also, while at this point in time I don't necessarily think Glennon is a franchise QB, I'm not so sure that with good coaching and experience he can't be.  He does make some nice throws from time to time and there is potential.  I think there's a reasonable chance that he can be a decent starter.  Now, if a franchise QB does become available, yes, they should upgrade... the thing is, I'm not so sure that player exists in the upcoming draft.  You might, and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that either of us are wrong or right, it's all opinion.  I have no interest in drafting the criminal, but Mariotta I believe would be a "slight" upgrade to Glennon.  In my opinion, I'd rather have a significant upgrade at DE or LT than a slight one at QB.Plus, I think Lovie will be fired after next season... reason being is that they'll probably only have 2 or 3 wins next year too.  I'd rather have the new coach come in with a more informed opinion of Glennon and decide between a him and a rookie.  Hopefully someone will realize that we need an offensive minded HC and actually hire him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am by far a Glennoninte.  In fact, I'm quite confident he's not the answer.  The thing is, I'm not sold on either Mariotta or Winston either.  I don't think either of them are franchise QB's.  Build the trenches this offseason.  Get a QB next year.  Whether they draft one of those 2 (Mariotta or Winston), or not, this team will still struggle to win 4 games under Smith.  A top QB option will be available next year with possibly better candidates.

Like who?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the get the QB next year logic because a. You can plan your draft position like that and b. There sure will be even better prospects next year. Wasn't it last year people telling us to wait to this year because these cats were so much better than those cats?

Personally, last year I wanted Bridgewater but instead we drafted Evans. This year I kind of like Winston but he is also very risky and Mariotta looks like system QB to me so in this case I wouldn't mind passing on a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like who?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  By better candidates, I was referring to coaches not players.  That's my bad.  Though, to answer the question based on coaches, I'd have to say... any one of them on the planet not named Lovie Smith or have been in Tampa recently is a good place to start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is captain checkdown mode all game. His yards per attempt is mehhhh

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Carr is captain checkdown mode all game. His yards per attempt is mehhhh

Once he starts throwing deep he will be the interception king.  He's a small ball master but not much else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This overall thread is a big part of why I’m nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.I'm not saying they don't look promising.  They both look pretty much like what you would expect a rookie QB to look like.  However, if people put these 2 guys under the same microscope Glennon has been under since his first start they wouldn't look so good.If we do draft a rookie QB odds are they will play like a rookie.  Will this fanbase have the patience to let them develop?  I'm not so sure.I'm not saying that Glennon is a franchise QB.  I honestly think its too soon to tell.  However, I do think this team's fanbase and media is a big part of why we have never had a franchise QB.  Everybody wants Drew Brees in his prime, but few would be will to accept Drew Brees when he was young.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

This overall thread is a big part of why I'm nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.I'm not saying they don't look promising.  They both look pretty much like what you would expect a rookie QB to look like.  However, if people put these 2 guys under the same microscope Glennon has been under since his first start they wouldn't look so good.If we do draft a rookie QB odds are they will play like a rookie.  Will this fanbase have the patience to let them develop?  I'm not so sure.I'm not saying that Glennon is a franchise QB.  I honestly think its too soon to tell.  However, I do think this team's fanbase and media is a big part of why we have never had a franchise QB.  Everybody wants Drew Brees in his prime, but few would be will to accept Drew Brees when he was young.

Exactly right. We have some of the worst fans in football.  They let personal hatred get in the way of player evaluation. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This overall thread is a big part of why I'm nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.

+10000000. This is completely true.I was a big fan of Bridgewater coming out and wanted us to draft him at #7 as I think/thought he was the best QB in the draft, but he definitely has not been good so far this year. He's played alright against terrible defenses and really bad against good defenses. His deep ball accuracy has not been good, and he looks to check down too often and quickly. I honestly haven't seen much of Carr, but the guy is on a winless team and his numbers aren't anything special at all, so it's hard for me to say he's been good. Neither of these guys have been good at all (not saying they suck, they're rookies and struggling in year 1 is expected), but if either one was a Buc playing the same way, they would be getting criticized very heavily by the Red Board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr, Teddy , and Mettenberger may turn out to be decent middle of the road QB’s but I don’t think they will ever be elite.If we end up with Mariota or Winston passing will have been well worth it . Both are better prospects than those 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This overall thread is a big part of why I'm nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.

LOL ....and this is a FACT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater hasn't looked that good.  I wouldn't want him on the Bucs.  .  and Carr have looked good.  I'd take either on the Bucs.Manziel is still the best QB of this class.  He just hasn't gotten the chance to play yet.  Lovie is a fool.

In my book, any one of those guys would be better than mccown or glennon.Lovie passed on so many qb's that would have been better than what he was trying to sell off to the fans.I've lost all faith in lovie. He's been drinking that tampa water, which apparently robs HC's of their mental faculties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This overall thread is a big part of why I'm nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.I'm not saying they don't look promising.  They both look pretty much like what you would expect a rookie QB to look like.  However, if people put these 2 guys under the same microscope Glennon has been under since his first start they wouldn't look so good.If we do draft a rookie QB odds are they will play like a rookie.  Will this fanbase have the patience to let them develop?  I'm not so sure.I'm not saying that Glennon is a franchise QB.  I honestly think its too soon to tell.  However, I do think this team's fanbase and media is a big part of why we have never had a franchise QB.  Everybody wants Drew Brees in his prime, but few would be will to accept Drew Brees when he was young.

I'm for drafting a QB because I don't think we'll be in a position to draft a top prospect any time soon. I understand that fans are unreasonable though. Bridgewater started out with 5 INTs no TDs. He throws a really terrible deep ball too. He completely overthrew an insanely wide open Patterson last game. In the game against the Bucs, he had an open WR deep and the throw ended up pretty far from him. http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2415980/patterson.0.gifYet you'll have fans who will complain about something insignificant as Glennon throwing a pass at Rainey's feet on a 3rd and long with the goal line at his back. Some of them care about a play like that enough to make it their username. It was a very good possibility that something like that was an intentional play. He was being pressured all day and didn't want to give up a big play near to the end zone, and there was little chance of getting a first down. Glennon hasn't played his best games as of recent, but some fans really go overboard on their criticism.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I'm for drafting a QB because I don't think we'll be in a position to draft a top prospect any time soon.

Lovie is obviously clueless.  He had the chance to draft either Manziel or Carr this year and did not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This overall thread is a big part of why I’m nervous to draft a rookie QB.  This fanbase has a habit of downplaying our own players and overstating guys on other teams.  If we had either Carr or Teddy performing like they currently are this board would be calling them busts.Disagree.  we, as a whole, gave Freeman plenty of time (5 years).  Glennon was drafted to be a backup and went into this year as a backup.  in the process he has 18 starts or so.  even his biggest supporters have come to acknowledge he isn't a guy you want as your starter.  Before that the only young guys we really gave a chance to were Gradkowski, Sims, KIng and Dilfer.  Only Dilfer was a high pick and we  gave him 5 years or so.  The others were low expectation guys who were all given fair shots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously, which Buc QB over the last 20 years hasn’t gotten a fair shake to develop?  Which one of those guys went on to another team and became much better than they were here?  I’ll patiently wait for your response.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously, which Buc QB over the last 20 years hasn't gotten a fair shake to develop?  Which one of those guys went on to another team and became much better than they were here?  I'll patiently wait for your response.

It's happened but you have to go back more than 20 years .Two are Vinny and Steve Young.I think Dilfer never got a fair shake also . He never ended up being good , but a majority of fans were booing that poor guy from day 1 , and talk show hosts like DUImeg hated him on a personal level for some strange reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well I became a fan around the time Dilfer was drafted so I can’t really comment on what happened in the 80s but 20 years is a long enough period of time for sammich to prove me wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

..Because vinny sucked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The team around Vinny sucked , and he was young . He left here to put up borderline hall of fame numbers.

Please wait…

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.