Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Fresno State QB Derek Carr visited the Buccaneers on Wednesday following Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy Garoppolo who have also met with Tampa Bay’s coaching staff. Could Carr’s relationship with Jeff Tedord help his cause? What are Josh McCown’s thoughts on the Bucs drafting a QB early?https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9750

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek “Molly” Carr… if he thinks he’s the best QB in the Draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love the confidence, but not a big fan of his.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr Wreck!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s entering the CFL draft ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek "Molly" Carr... if he thinks he's the best QB in the Draft.

I have no problem with him feeling that way......a leader has to have some moxie. I wish Freeman thought he was the best QB in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr, Manziel, Bridgewater and Garoppolo…  Tedfords offense is beginning take shape based on the guys they’re talking to…Intelligent, mobile accurate.  I really don't see Mike G hanging around long... 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Glennon having a longer NFL stint than Tedford…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's entering the CFL draft ?

lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr has the nads that Freeman wished he had haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish Freeman thought he was the best QB in the draft.

He did."I've worked out with both of those guys. I think they're really good. I'd take me over them... I think it really came down to them going to better schools and winning more games and stuff like that that had me going 17th or dropping this low."http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-select-kansas-state-quarterback-josh-freeman-in-nfl/995476

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know he was signed by the Giants today, so it has been a bit of a big deal around here, but can we go back to not mentioning his name in about …… 40 minutes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did."I've worked out with both of those guys. I think they're really good. I'd take me over them... I think it really came down to them going to better schools and winning more games and stuff like that that had me going 17th or dropping this low."http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-select-kansas-state-quarterback-josh-freeman-in-nfl/995476

I never saw anything from Free that exuded confidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man I just can’t stop thinking how big of a bust his brother was…..I know family doesn’t make the man, but I have the same feeling about SEC wr’s based on our history in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You got that right!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man I just can't stop thinking how big of a bust his brother was.....I know family doesn't make the man, but I have the same feeling about SEC wr's based on our history in the draft.

Well, good thing Jordan Rodgers didn't come first or Aaron might never have been drafted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon’s older brother was a starting D1 QB who wasn’t even good enough to be a camp body.    Why isn’t that held against him?  There is no logic to the David Carr argument.  Like or dislike Derek on his own merits.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think carr is a good prospect that would have showcased his talents a little better if the offensive scheme was different.He still put up respectable numbers, but didn't move the ball around as much as I would like to have seen.Then there is his brother. I won't hold it against him, but his bro is hurting his stock by adding anything about himself. Is he this carr, that carr, or is he his own man? Point is, little carr has to be able to separate himself from his qb failure of a brother. Big carr's brains is what caused most of his his failures, and he wants to "add" that to a team that picks his bro? What a sponge family.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shefter said this morning it wouldn’t surprise him to see carr drafted before bridgewater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say what you want.  But the Carr’s are on the verge of becoming the anti-Mannings, heisting more cash for less return than any bank robber in history.  I really can’t believe this guy has marketed his way into discussion.  Bravo, to his agent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon's older brother was a starting D1 QB who wasn't even good enough to be a camp body.    Why isn't that held against him?  There is no logic to the David Carr argument.  Like or dislike Derek on his own merits.

No wonder Mike sucks so much. It's in his genes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. I'm thinking Carr is also just saying it.  I don't exactly see him getting in people's faces if he needs to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is well regarded as a leader…so is Teddy but the I hate crowds don’t bother to actually read or anything.  Carr’s stock among professionals sounds like it is a lot higher than among the amateurs. ..but again the pros liked all the r1 busts in history or they wouldn’t have been r1 busts so that means not much. He's got flaws but every prospect does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys are taught how to speak and project themselves…it’s business….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate that captain check down crap when discussing Carr. Honestly none of you have any idea just how horrible that Fresno State offensive line is. Watch some games. Those short throws were basically an extension to the running game AND disguised how bad their block was. Carr with a solid offensive line could be epic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate that captain check down crap when discussing Carr. Honestly none of you have any idea just how horrible that Fresno State offensive line is. Watch some games. Those short throws were basically an extension to the running game AND disguised how bad their block was. Carr with a solid offensive line could be epic.

.........or could finish off the greatest one two heist in pro football history. He's garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.........or could finish off the greatest one two heist in pro football history. He's garbage.

He's definitely not as good as Glennon  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s just draft a new QB every year hate, it will be awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's just draft a new QB every year hate, it will be awesome.

Let's pin all our hopes on mid-round quarterbacks and journeyman free agents.  That'll be awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's pin all our hopes on mid-round quarterbacks and journeyman free agents.  That'll be awesome.

You mean the QB last year that came into a shit storm and threw for 19 TDs?  Glad you are not my GM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the QB last year that came into a **CENSORED** storm and threw for 19 TDs?  Glad you are not my GM.

In all sincerity, I'd've rolled with Glennon as my starter this coming season if it were all up to me.  I just don't think it's anything like a guarantee that it'll end well or that it's reasonable to sling crap at people who think there are potential upgrades to be had.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have never seen him play….but the scouting reports all mention “skittish” like behavior, and that ALWAYS worries me in a QB, throw in his brothers failure due to being skittish and I’d rather play it safe and take a pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have never seen him play....but the scouting reports all mention "skittish" like behavior, and that ALWAYS worries me in a QB, throw in his brothers failure due to being skittish and I'd rather play it safe and take a pass.

It's funny, most say, "dont compare him to his brother.".  Fact is, if you had to compare him to one QB that has played in the past 15 years , he's the one you would compare him to, related or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

can't hit a homerun if you don't swing!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care if we have to draft two a year. Eventually we'll land a franchise guy. Say what you want, a franchise QB is pretty important..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care if we have to draft two a year. Eventually we'll land a franchise guy. Say what you want, a franchise QB is pretty important..

No franchise QB will ever be landed if we are not sound elsewhere.  Brady and Manning could have been in rotation last year on our team and they weren't doing much better than 19 TDs in those 13 games.  Aside from the obvious bias hatred against Glennon because you dont like that he was Schiano's choice, you have to realize, he was playing on an offense that was largely devoid of talent.  We haven't gotten better on the offensive side of the ball yet this off season, we need to address OL, WR and TE and we need to do it quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have never seen him play....but the scouting reports all mention "skittish" like behavior, and that ALWAYS worries me in a QB, throw in his brothers failure due to being skittish and I'd rather play it safe and take a pass.

It's funny, most say, "dont compare him to his brother.".  Fact is, if you had to compare him to one QB that has played in the past 15 years , he's the one you would compare him to, related or not.

I've seen a lot of comparisons. Matthew Stafford, Romo, Tannehill...  I think most people, me including say don't hold it against him because his brother was a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think of all the names that have been connected to the Bucs at #7….Mack, Bridgewater, Manziel, Watkins, Evans and most recently Bortles…those names have floated and disappeared while Carr’s has consistently stuck. Something tells me he will be the guy whether we like it or don’t…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think of all the names that have been connected to the Bucs at #7....Mack, Bridgewater, Manziel, Watkins, Evans and most recently Bortles...those names have floated and disappeared while Carr's has consistently stuck. Something tells me he will be the guy whether we like it or don't...

Your logic is tough to question.  This could be a very dark summer.  If you thought Freeman set us back as a franchise.........really pains me to think about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No franchise QB will ever be landed if we are not sound elsewhere.  Brady and Manning could have been in rotation last year on our team and they weren't doing much better than 19 TDs in those 13 games.  Aside from the obvious bias hatred against Glennon because you dont like that he was Schiano's choice, you have to realize, he was playing on an offense that was largely devoid of talent.  We haven't gotten better on the offensive side of the ball yet this off season, we need to address OL, WR and TE and we need to do it quickly.

The bolded portion proves you're delusional. Secondly, the good ones raise the level of play in those around them and i don't see Glennon doing that for anyone. Thirdly, my disdain for Glennon has nothing to do with Schiano. I happen to dislike that he lack elite skills and is awkwardly immobile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people don't have the balls to do what's needed. They would rather trade down every season and hope they land brady. And since a "brady" is such a rarity, they would be looking forever and probably never have results. Might be the same odds as picking the bills or rams games. Very, very low.Maybe the odds aren't much better than that, but I'm also doing two things they're not... providing excitement, and proving to fans that we are indeed trying. And with the cba as it is now, we could draft one every season and it's not going to bankrupt us. You just cut,trade,bench the one's that don't produce.I wouldn't recommend every season, but every other season would be fine with me as long as we don't have a qb with the "it" factor. Mccown might be a baller, but it won't matter if he doesn't capitalize quickly. And glennon looks like a nfl qb, but does not do some of the things an nfl qb should do(slow release, wide swing ratio, hesitates, and throws it away far too often).But make no mistake, it will take another three seasons before we have a shot at another top qb. So if these guys fail (mccown or glennon) or get hurt...we're in one hell of a pickle all over again. There is nothing to lose by investing in a top qb. Especially for a team that wastes more picks for less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And with the cba as it is now, we could draft one every season and it's not going to bankrupt us. You just cut,trade,bench the one's that don't produce.

bingo!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think of all the names that have been connected to the Bucs at #7....Mack, Bridgewater, Manziel, Watkins, Evans and most recently Bortles...those names have floated and disappeared while Carr's has consistently stuck. Something tells me he will be the guy whether we like it or don't...

Both the Browns and Raiders have been said to have Carr rated higher than Manziel. Smoke screen, very possible. But I will not be surprised if Carr lands on either one of those teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people don't have the balls to do what's needed.

It provides me endless entertainment that you're convinced that your method equals being ballsy, LOL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being scared to draft a  QBs is definite proof of not having any balls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bolded portion proves you're delusional. Secondly, the good ones raise the level of play in those around them and i don't see Glennon doing that for anyone. Thirdly, my disdain for Glennon has nothing to do with Schiano. I happen to dislike that he lack elite skills and is awkwardly immobile.

Clearly along with Rodgers, we have the three best QBs in football.  They are the only ones that raise the level of those around them so you can see that they are few and far between. Other QBs, need good talent around them. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it is pretty obvious that we are going to take a QB this year in the 1st.. We have worked out all of the top prospects for a reason..When you can get a top QB in the first like Manziel and a top #2 WR in the second why would you not..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it is pretty obvious that we are going to take a QB this year in the 1st.. We have worked out all of the top prospects for a reason..When you can get a top QB in the first like Manziel and a top #2 WR in the second why would you not..

Doesn't look like Manziel or Bortles will be there. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being scared to draft a  QBs is definite proof of not having any balls.

Who is scared to draft a QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe not but if they are it will happen this way… and maybe Khalil Mack and a Top #2 WR in the second…  just do not see why we would get evans.. I would only get watkins if he falls. No other receiver deserves the #7 pick wayyyy to high

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe not but if they are it will happen this way... and maybe Khalil Mack and a Top #2 WR in the second...  just do not see why we would get evans.. I would only get watkins if he falls. No other receiver deserves the #7 pick wayyyy to high

If manziel, bortles, and teddy are off the board, you go ahead and draft evans.Bottom line. The kid is a baller and should translate easy into the nfl. Tough to pass on that imo.

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.