Viewing 104 reply threads

• Author

• YReceiver14

Video: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362123/article/buccaneers-casillas-josh-mccown-on-another-levelHighlight from the video: Glennon shows off his arm at 0:44 with a deep ball into the endzone.  Unfortunately, Banks picks it off, with Owusu looking like he pulled a hamstring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I saw that. What stood out to me most was how “slow” Banks was blanketing Owusu, the “burner”. Not bad. Encouraging words by Casillas about McCown, hopefully he keeps it up when he’s got pressure in his face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff. But, you can’t believe anything the media says (or the players for that matter). It’s a conspiracy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff. But, you can't believe anything the media says (or the players for that matter). It's a conspiracy.

You could tell from his comments that the title of the thread and video is taken a little out of context. Casillas is referring to how McCown handles himself and his leadership. Imagine that; 13 year vet looks and acts like he's been around compared to the guy entering his second season.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I’d rather us roll with the vet and give Glennon some time to work on things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’d think the highlight of that article would be the comparison of McCown to Brees… not sure what that highlights, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I'd rather us roll with the vet and give Glennon some time to work on things.

A lot will depend on how they play in the preseason. Difficult to judge in non-contact mini-camps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I'd rather us roll with the vet and give Glennon some time to work on things.

A lot will depend on how they play in the preseason. Difficult to judge in non-contact mini-camps.

I completely agree. But, I think McCown definitely has the leg up now. And unless he completely wets  the bed, I don't see Glennon winning the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's strange how so many people think otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even more strange, that a career journeyman is outplaying him, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s strange is when you try to figure out why Trestman couldn’t wait to get Cutler back in the game.  When you watch the games instead for the stat sheets, it’s clear to most why he did, tho’..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even more strange, that a career journeyman is outplaying him, right?

Not really.sure at this point, but the nod goes to experience. Lovie likes the leadership factor. That's it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's strange is when you try to figure out why Trestman couldn't wait to get Cutler back in the game.  When you watch the games instead for the stat sheets, it's clear to most why he did, tho'..

You really want to compare Glennon to Cutler?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's strange is when you try to figure out why Trestman couldn't wait to get Cutler back in the game.  When you watch the games instead for the stat sheets, it's clear to most why he did, tho'..

I don't find that anywhere near as ridiculous as comparing McCown to Brees.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

11 years. Averaging 5 starts per season. Basically as many Ints as TDs.  Should be a tough battle in August.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

11 years. Averaging 5 starts per season. Basically as many Ints as TDs.  Should be a tough battle in August.

You finally came up for air! Congrats!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't find that anywhere near as ridiculous as comparing McCown to Brees.

Was I saying that was a logical comparison? No. I'm quite shocked he said that considering how ridiculous it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon’s girl is much hotter than Cutler’s and contrary to “reports” he has a much stronger arm and is more accurate than Cutler.  So, there is no comparison really between the two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's girl is much hotter than Cutler's and contrary to "reports" he has a much stronger arm and is more accurate.  So, there is no comparison really between Glennon and Cutler.

My apologies. I thought you were a guy. My bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get ready for the raiders version of rich gannon. I like those 4 years http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGannRi00.htm&t=0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get ready for the raiders version of rich gannon. I like those 4 years http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGannRi00.htm&t=0

Yeah, no Super Bowl victories, those were great years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Glennon is taking us to the promise land right? I see you've caught your breath and are headed back down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

id much rather have 4 win seasons than playoffs and Super Bowl appearances. Wait what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JonathanCasillas wrote:
      So, if Glennon can beat him out this year, that would be great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

id much rather have 4 win seasons than playoffs and Super Bowl appearances. Wait what?

Consider the source. He thinks Favre is overrated because he only has one ring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does that have to do with what Casillas' observation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So a Buc fan that's never had a QB to call his own is setting the bar for decent QBs at Superbowl victories? Good Lord man, you've become delusional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes, things don’t translate.  Is McCown on a level with Brees?http://articles.redeyechicago.com/2013-11-24/sports/44420115_1_craig-steltz-bears-forte

JOSH MCCOWNBAD: The quarterback threw his first interception in 148 pass attempts as a Bear. He also lost a fumble that the Rams returned for a touchdown.WORSE: After the interception, it looked like McCown dropped an F-bomb in Alshon Jeffery's direction. Now's not the time to lose your cool, Josh.

Leadership in OTAs may be one of those things that don't make it to padded practice and beyond.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder how many f-bombs Marino dropped on his WRs throughout his career?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Marino a career journeyman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Marino a career journeyman?

Wonder if Gannon ever dropped an f-bomb on one of his WRs...or HC?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does that have to do with what Casillas' observation?

It's an understanding that even Tebow looked good if not great when pads were off.  Historically, you dont get better at any professional sport after the age of 34.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's an understanding that even Tebow looked good if not great when pads were off. 

That's bullshlt!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a fan, I want SB victories and nothing else. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a fan, I want SB victories and nothing else. 

It's an understanding that even Tebow looked good if not great when pads were off. 

That's bullshlt!!

Calico and 10lbslurper are clearly the biggest Glennonites on this planet. But, there's definitely a difference between the two. Calico is actually intelligent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So a Buc fan that's never had a QB to call his own is setting the bar for decent QBs at Superbowl victories? Good Lord man, you've become delusional.

I honestly believe if you strive for anything else you are wasting your time. I want to dominate like the 49ers did, like the Steelers did.  That starts with a mentality that we dont acquiesce to any fugging team or any player.  We are heading in the right direction but please stop using Gannon example as some sort of old age demigod - not interested.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

11:17Comment From MM I've read one or two articles that Glennon has a legitimate start at being our week 1 starter. Is there any truth to this? From everything else I've read, McCown (with the exception on one day) outperformed Glennon throughout the OTA's, is taking the bulk of 1st-team snaps, and seems to be a lock come week one. Your take?11:19Yeah, I don't know where all of the "Mike Glennon has a legitimate shot at being the opening day starter" talk started, but that's not the Bucs' plan. Glennon has looked good in OTAs and mini-camps, but Josh McCown has looked great. I would be very surprised if McCown falters in camp to the point where Glennon overtakes him as the starter. McCown has looked head and shoulders better than Glennon up to this point.

McCown is clearly (and never will be) not on the same level as Brees. But, it certainly seems he's on a different level than Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are going to be a lot of unhappy posters on here.  Glennon wins the job in the pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

11:17Comment From MM I've read one or two articles that Glennon has a legitimate start at being our week 1 starter. Is there any truth to this? From everything else I've read, McCown (with the exception on one day) outperformed Glennon throughout the OTA's, is taking the bulk of 1st-team snaps, and seems to be a lock come week one. Your take?11:19Yeah, I don't know where all of the "Mike Glennon has a legitimate shot at being the opening day starter" talk started, but that's not the Bucs' plan. Glennon has looked good in OTAs and mini-camps, but Josh McCown has looked great. I would be very surprised if McCown falters in camp to the point where Glennon overtakes him as the starter. McCown has looked head and shoulders better than Glennon up to this point.

McCown is clearly (and never will be) not on the same level as Brees. But, it certainly seems he's on a different level than Glennon.

Old?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess it speaks volumes about Glennon then. Getting outplayed by an “old” career backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Before they even put their pads on?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are going to be a lot of unhappy posters on here.  Glennon wins the job in the pre-season.

Include me in that group. If McCown falters to the point that he's behind Glennon on the depth chart, i'll be devastated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Old?

This is exactly what perplexes me about the verbal fellatio DH and others perform on McCown daily.  Are you honestly going to tell me, this old man with no history of success is going to be our starter?  You have to know more about football than that right? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because if it were the other way around, the Glennonites wouldn't be claiming victory at this point, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly what perplexes me about the verbal fellatio DH and others perform on McCown daily.  Are you honestly going to tell me, this old man with no history of success is going to be our starter?  You have to know more about football than that right?

You're one to talk tough guy. Don't get so emotional, remember? Now wipe off your chin and put your head back in Mikey's lap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because if it were the other way around, the Glennonites wouldn't be claiming victory at this point, right?

I don't count victories until September, if that's what you mean... and certainly not individual ones.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're one to talk tough guy. Don't get so emotional, remember? Now wipe off your chin and put your head back in Mikey's lap.

Not emotional, just logical.  If you have ever paid any attention to a QB competition on any team prior to this you would realize how wrong you are.  You would also realize how obvious it is that you desire McCown's balls buried in your mouth.  Not judging, whatever gets you through the week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as we’re stooping to “another level”…  Here’s a bear perspective:http://www.desipio.com/?p=4691http://www.chicagonow.com/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2013/12/chicago-bears-the-josh-mccown-myth/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not emotional, just logical.  If you have ever paid any attention to a QB competition on any team prior to this you would realize how wrong you are.  You would also realize how obvious it is that you desire McCown's balls buried in your mouth.  Not judging, whatever gets you through the week.

Thought you were done with me (but that was about as likely as you kicking my *ss). Guess Mike told you to swallow and leave him alone for awhile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't count victories until September, if that's what you mean... and certainly not individual ones.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Glennon does beat out McCown, then I won't care. That will show McCown was garbage anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought you were done with me (but that was about as likely as you kicking my *ss). Guess Mike told you to swallow and leave him alone for awhile.

Here's the facts DH.  I can tell from the keen insight you give in your posts that I could beat the tar out of you both mentally and physically.  You are the definition of a straw man.  Your unyielding desire to give McCown a Cincinnati egg roll is apparent to everyone on this board. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's the facts DH.  I can tell from the keen insight you give in your posts that I could beat the tar out of you both mentally and physically.  You are the definition of a straw man.  Your unyielding desire to give McCown a Cincinnati egg roll is apparent to everyone on this board.

Here's the facts buddy, I'd put you in a box. Plain and simple. And your emotional attachment to Glennon being the starter is what makes you the biggest joke on this board. Troll on cupcake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's the facts buddy, I'd put you in a box. Plain and simple. And your emotional attachment to Glennon being the starter is what makes you the biggest joke on this board. Troll on cupcake.

I think that's the kind of activity that leads to some of your sick desires.  I'll stay out of your box thanks.  Your overall personal constitution is too weak, and I am certain you already know this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that's the kind of activity that leads to some of your sick desires.  I'll stay out of your box thanks.  Your overall personal constitution is too weak, and I am certain you already know this.

You know exactly what I meant. Nice try. But, I'm pretty confident that if we were ever to cross paths in reality; you'd tuck tail and hide behind your lady's skirt like you do your computer screen. She's probably disappointed in more ways than one. Keep up the delusions of grandeur buddy. And funny, you of all people calling someone straw man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we have Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?Only thing left to be done is to..... CROWN US!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we have Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?Only thing left to be done is to..... CROWN US!!

Early 4th of July BOOM!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe you mean McCrown us!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By the way I talked to a friend of mine that works in NCSU athletic dept. Says Glennon was a super nice kid. However I still believe that the future QB is not on the roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope both of you have RSPV’d for the g2g

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope both of you have RSPV'd for the g2g

Dont hold your breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know when it is. But, I’ll definitely be there for the home opener.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough battle? You have Glennon winning so there is no battle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd think there would be a camp battle first...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"McCROWN US !!!"Seriously, if Kurt Warner repeatedly credits McCown for teaching him how to throw the fade route (while they were both at AZ), I trust #12.  He passed the Eyeball Test in 2013 too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough battle? You have Glennon winning so there is no battle.

Exactly.  All these bouquets being thrown McCown's way get thrown out the door when you can't perform. He's a huge fan of throwing the ball to the other team.  That doesn't change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is on another level. He’s mediocre and Glennon is terrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is on another level. He's mediocre and Glennon is terrible.

I wouldn't go that far, but you make a good point.  lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"McCROWN US !!!"Seriously, if Kurt Warner repeatedly credits McCown for teaching him how to throw the fade route (while they were both at AZ), I trust #12.  He passed the Eyeball Test in 2013 too.

I'm glad Warner didn't know how to throw that fade to Proehl.  I feel better...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wasn’t a “fade”… it was a bomb.You're welcome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm glad Warner didn't know how to throw that fade to Proehl.  I feel better...

I don't know that i've ever seen a 30 yd fade......how bout you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most basic idea behind it. You run a go route or basically run straight. However you fade or move towards the sidelines, but still in a forward direction. It is designed to get separation between the WR and CB with the QB having the ability to throw it on the outside shoulder of the WR so the worst that can happen is an incomplete.The most important part by the WR on a fade route is to beat the jam with quick hands and make the CB believe he is going inside on a slant. This is where head fakes, hands and feet come important. You need separation on a fade route or else the CB will ride you.The fade is most affective on man isolated coverage. Other wise, when a CB is giving you a cushion, that is what he is expecting and he is gonna be in position for it.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=what+is+a+fade+route&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

"It was a play that was designed to go to Marshall [Faulk] on the other side of the field," Warner said.But Warner and Proehl, who hadn't caught a touchdown pass all year and was planning to run an 18-yard out, had a sight adjustment to the fade route down the left sideline if the Bucs blitzed a safety.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2000-01-24/sports/0001240007_1_proehl-louis-rams-tampa-bay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reading that and thinking about that play makes me wanna go out and drink tonight.That mutha**CENSORED**er didnt catch a TD all year? Fine fucking time.. Why didnt he just throw it Marshall Faulk? Smh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well i guess that settles it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We would have destroyed the titans in the Super Bowl that year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Um, no… just because “someone” called it a fade doesn’t make it a fade.Fades don't go for 42 yards downfield.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

probably 3-0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

probably 3-0

Lol true but I believe for sure they wouldnt have scored that game.We would have had 10 points because of a defensive TD tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fade routes down the field are meant to use the sideline to create a window for the QB to throw into. Fade throws in the end zone are more like a jump ball that the defender can’t get to. It’s similar concepts with different execution.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Casillas is obviously part of the Lovie/McCown/Media conspiracy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one with Bruce and Holt and Marshall Faulk on his team learned anything from McCown.  Simple as that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not emotional, just logical. If you have ever paid any attention to a QB competition on any team prior to this you would realize how wrong you are.  You would also realize how obvious it is that you desire McCown's balls buried in your mouth.  Not judging, whatever gets you through the week.

The bold is you part that makes me laugh the most about you, you've actually convinced yourself there is a competition here despite all the comments & action of the team saying McCown is the man.Glennon himself has nothing to do with his getting on the field, much like last year it will take the undisputed (by those who don't have the head buried in Glennons lap) starter crapping the bed and getting pulled for Mike to see the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one with Bruce and Holt and Marshall Faulk on his team learned anything from McCown.  Simple as that.

So you're calling Kurt Warner a **CENSORED**ing Liar??If you actually watched any football coverage, you'd know he has said that MULTIPLE times...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Um, no... just because "someone" called it a fade doesn't make it a fade.Fades don't go for 42 yards downfield.

Warner had the lion share of his success in Arizona.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Um, no... just because "someone" called it a fade doesn't make it a fade.Fades don't go for 42 yards downfield.

Warner had the lion share of his success in Arizona.

Yeah, it's not like he won a Super Bowl, went to another and won an MVP while in St Louis, most of his greatest accomplishments were in Arizona where he lost a Super Bowl and.... And.... And I'm sure there must be something else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's girl is much hotter than Cutler's and contrary to "reports" he has a much stronger arm and is more accurate than Cutler.  So, there is no comparison really between the two.

Lolz @ Glennon having a stronger arm than Cutler.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's girl is much hotter than Cutler's and contrary to "reports" he has a much stronger arm and is more accurate than Cutler.  So, there is no comparison really between the two.

Lolz @ Glennon having a stronger arm than Cutler.

Geezus, how did i miss that gem?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“There aren’t many guys on the planet that can flick the ball 20 yards on a dime like that.” – Jon GrudenGlennon detractors seem to think his arm strength is overstated.  He has a howitzer for an arm. (insert Milton Mack's gif. here).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not questioning his arm strength, however, I don’t think it’s on the same level as Cutler’s. Again, I think Glennon can and will succeed in the NFL. I just think he needs a season to sit and work on things. Kind of undo the bullsh*t mindset and scheme that he had to endure with Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not questioning his arm strength, however, I don't think it's on the same level as Cutler's. Again, I think Glennon can and will succeed in the NFL. I just think he needs a season to sit and work on things. Kind of undo the bullsh*t mindset and scheme that he had to endure with Schiano.

I agree he does have a strong arm. I question his footwork in the pocket as a slow qb that is something that xomes natural. He doesn't seem to have it yet but in time he may be very good. For now give me the old rich gannon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if the old Rich Gannon throws to the other team…………a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if the old Rich Gannon throws to the other team............a lot.

Maybe the other team could drop the ball... a lot?  Or, maybe get a penalty?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown has played in 58 games and he has 50 TDs and 45 picks.  Horrible production from a scoring standpoint and an alarming rate of pics. These are the same stats that are coaching staff have to look at.  This one will be easy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

250lbass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

250lbass

I think she weighs more than that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown has played in 58 games and he has 50 TDs and 45 picks.  Horrible production from a scoring standpoint and an alarming rate of pics. These are the same stats that are coaching staff have to look at. This one will be easy.

If they were concerned about those #s, they wouldn't have given him $10mil and crowned him the starter. All they have to look at is what he does wearing Red and Pewter.....and from what I've been told, they like what they've seen.... a LOT!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown has played in 58 games and he has 50 TDs and 45 picks.  Horrible production from a scoring standpoint and an alarming rate of pics. These are the same stats that are coaching staff have to look at. This one will be easy.

If they were concerned about those #s, they wouldn't have given him $10mil and crowned him the starter. All they have to look at is what he does wearing Red and Pewter.....and from what I've been told, they like what they've seen.... a LOT!!

Small price to pay for depth at the position. He loves throwing to the other team and in the end, that's how Glennon wins this thing.  You need to go buy a #8 Jersey. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Small price to pay for depth at the position. He loves throwing to the other team and in the end, that's how Glennon wins this thing.  You need to go buy a #8 Jersey.

i'm a grown ass man....why would i wear a jersey with another man's name on the back, the backup no less?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'm a grown ass man....why would i wear a jersey with another man's name on the back, the backup no less?

Well, there is one test you pass at least. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you approval means the world to me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blue font

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown plays mistake free ball during the preseason, then he’s the starter. Simple as that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because the jersey is fire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL…. i love the jerseys, i just don’t wear them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if the old Rich Gannon throws to the other team............a lot.

I don't see that happening but it's possible.. What I don't see being possible is a young Glennon getting the cement out of his feet. I don't hate on Glennon and think he is going to be a pretty good QB one day. I just prefer a veteran leader for now which is exactly what Casillas is talking about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I fashion Glennon as a middle of the road guy, I would almost say his career path might resemble McCown’s, when it is all said and done.  Good enough, but just not quite good enough.

Please wait…

Viewing 104 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.