Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Has the Bucs taking Clemson RB Travis Etienne. Good grief!!!

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Has the Bucs taking Clemson RB Travis Etienne. Good grief!!!

Will someone in the org to tell Licht to stop sending them his actual ideas, please?! Thanks!

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Walter Football has their recent mocks up.

Walter, Jan 6

Rd 1, 25th DE/DT Carlos Basham, Wake Forest (pick 26 was OT Leatherwood)
        Rd 2, 58th OG Jackson Carman, Clemson

Charlie, Jan 1

Rd 1, 26th 3-4DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan (pick 31 was OT Leatherwood)
        Rd 2, 57th QB Mac Jones, Alabama

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Walter Football has their recent mocks up.

Walter, Jan 6

Rd 1, 25th DE/DT Carlos Basham, Wake Forest (pick 26 was OT Leatherwood)
        Rd 2, 58th OG Jackson Carman, Clemson

Charlie, Jan 1

Rd 1, 26th 3-4DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan (pick 31 was OT Leatherwood)
        Rd 2, 57th QB Mac Jones, Alabama

Leatherwood is a beast and would be a tremendous upgrade over Donovan Smith. If he’s there at 25, you take him.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Leatherwood is a beast and would be a tremendous upgrade over Donovan Smith. If he’s there at 25, you take him.

That’s the reason why I posted where Leatherwood was being drafted. Although, I’d rather be drafting Leatherwood at 32nd overall.

• Bucman

Participant

All these places have us taking a OG. Do they not watch games? Our guards are fine..

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

All these places have us taking a OG. Do they not watch games? Our guards are fine..

Improve RG and shift Cappa to center. This way, you save $10 mil. Or maybe we draft a Center straight up.

When we drafted Cappa, he was being cross-trained at C and RG. Here’s an Aug 2018 article by Stroud from Tampabay(dot)com from:

“Anybody that gets more reps, it’s going to benefit them,” Koetter said. “Alex is one of those guys right now. As far as tackle to guard, he’s doing fine. When we drafted Alex, we thought he potentially play all three, including center. And if you watch before practice, he plays some center as well. He’s doing fine. He’s got some things he’s definitely got to work on. Again, the guys he’s going against are helping him get there faster than he would.”

If we’re not cross-training Cappa at center all this while, then we really can’t think outside the box with respect to personnel, the salary cap, and long term planning.

• JC5100

Participant

Pass rusher. Don’t think we can afford both JPP and Barrett next year

• m_j

Participant

if licht does not address CBs in the offseason then he‘s gotta go

I‘d draft LT as well, but let‘s see first who stays and who goes….

• theknees

Participant

Leatherwood would be fantastic. Also, I really like Mac Jones. Think he will be had in the third though.

• dalbuc

Participant

Problem with Jones is I don’t trust Bama QBs. Throwing to friggin wide open crazy talented WRs behind an unassailable line. You see it with Tua, he hates pressure and doesn’t know what NFL open looks like.

• aquilus

Participant

Plain and simple…we need to improve our corners. Its a reach but this Florida Gator fan believes the best CB in the draft is Asante Samuel Jr. out of FSU

You take him when its your pick

• seekpar

Participant

It’s a tough call where the greatest needs are, but it’s damn sure not at RB. It’d be nice to get a shut down corner, but the Bucs probably think they’re set at CB the way Arians and Bowles talk. LT and Edge are the greatest needs IMHO.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I wouldn’t hate an rb early.

Brady needs a pass catching back.

Rojo is a solid runner, not a very good receiver.

Only reason we probably wont take a rb early is due to vaughn 3rd round last year.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

James White is a UFA next year. I have no doubt he will be a Buc next year and we can put off spending a high draft pick on a RB for another year

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

LT and Edge rusher. Also need to take a look at Jensen’s replacement and another S to pair with Winfield Jr.

• creamsicles

Participant

I suspect we’ll target areas where we currently have large contracts, I.e. Suh, JPP, Jensen, Smith, LVD, Gronk

I still think this team’s greatest weakness is at safety, though.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft a qb.

Personally, I’d target DL/Edge, OT/C, and safety in the first 3 rounds (unless we can fill safety cheaply in FA to free draft capital).

• dexmonkey

Participant

Plain and simple…we need to improve our corners. Its a reach but this Florida Gator fan believes the best CB in the draft is Asante Samuel Jr. out of FSU

You take him when its your pick

so yeah im an FSU fan and i love Samuel but im not thinking about taking him unless its in the 3rd round. we’ve spent an absurd amount of capital on DBs. we need to address DE/DT/OT/QB all before we look at a DB. Samuel is a dog but he struggles with big receivers on the outside. hes better suited to be a nickel corner. still incredibly valuable in the modern NFL but we need to address other positions first

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Only reason we probably wont take a rb early is due to vaughn 3rd round last year.

We could have used that 3rd round pick on C Hennessy or C Cushenberry. Both have played guard this year. We could have been training them as a backup center or guard. Then in 2021, we move on from Jensen and his $10 mil contract. That’s a start to saving money.

Instead, we use it on a rarely used RB when we needed more OLine depth so we can escape bad contracts in Jensen and Smith.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

We don’t need CBs.

We need to play press man.

I want trenches for first 2-3 rounds if possible.

• Barnz1

Participant

If we don’t pick an edge pass rusher early in this draft then everyone should be fired. JPP has had issues with his knees all season and is old. Who knows what will happens with Shaq’s contract. Nelson is average depth. There’s literally no other options there.

Most teams have at least one dynamic up and coming pass rusher. We definitely don’t.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

We could have used that 3rd round pick on C Hennessy or C Cushenberry. Both have played guard this year. We could have been training them as a backup center or guard. Then in 2021, we move on from Jensen and his $10 mil contract. That’s a start to saving money.

Instead, we use it on a rarely used RB when we needed more OLine depth so we can escape bad contracts in Jensen and Smith.

Yeah if we lose round 2, a large part will be due to cappa being out unfortunately.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yeah if we lose round 2, a large part will be due to cappa being out unfortunately.

Which is why it is so fucking frustrating that Licht took Vaughn when there were better o-line options.

Depth is huge.

Vaughn hasn’t done much of anything this year, and that fumble almost cost us the game.

• Bucman

Participant

Vaughn has some burst and he was looking good before that fumble. He cant get out of his own way. Everytime he gets the chance to play he fuggs up.

• dalbuc

Participant

The problem with Vaughn was the opportunity cost. There are likely a dozen running backs on the street right now who could mirror his contributions and adding that 3rd rounder for OL/DL depth would have been much, much more valuable.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The problem with Vaughn was the opportunity cost. There are likely a dozen running backs on the street right now who could mirror his contributions and adding that 3rd rounder for OL/DL depth would have been much, much more valuable.

Exactly. And he has 3 fumbles on the season in limited action.

Vaughn would have been there later.

Huge miss here.

Lots of trench options

• buc-in-out

Participant

We better invest heavily in the trenches. The Saints have been doing it for years, drafting linemen at the end of the 1st for years.. it’s a winning formula.

We’ve spent way too many early picks on DBs, we should be looking to upgrade and get cheaper at LT, C, and EDGE.

We can’t keep Shaq, JPP and Suh again next season unless we get rid of some large contracts. I imagine Suh will be gone most likely..

We need to re-sign Godwin, will AB be back?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.