Viewing 57 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36902/PowerRankings?platform=webappInteresting to note our NFCS teams.New Orleans is no.7Atlanta is no.10Carolina no.17Tampa Bay no.25. If you ask me ATL is overrated and the Bucs are underrated. Atlanta was one of the worst teams in the entire NFL last year. I dont see them in the top 10. The Bucs should be no.10 if you ask me.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Tallest team in the league and we are down at #25 .Maybe we need more midgets ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tallest team in the league and we are down at #25 .Maybe we need more midgets ?

We have midgets............and they are FAST.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would agree with that. Atlanta didn’t do anything in the off season to deserve a #10 ranking. I always think it’s funny when I see the authors of these pieces attempt to justify the early placement of teams. In your example, Atlanta which I think finished at 24 at the end of last year. They didn’t do a lot in the off season yet get jumped up 14 places, while a team like the Bucs made huge changes, not the least was putting an experience NFL coach in charge of the team and then only moved them up 1 spot or stayed the same.  It’s just some guy’s opinion. However even ESPN loves the Falcons: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/0They have the Falcons moving up 12 spots to #14 - why? No idea, other than Jones is back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not like last year was an anomaly for the normal 10+ wins the Falcons have or that the Bucs have sucked for at least the last half decade is it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most people seem to think that Falcons will bounce back this year.  They can’t be much worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem for Atlanta is that White may have already hit his peak, while losing Gonzalez has to offset at least some of getting Jones back. Arguably the weakest defense in the division, 7-9  or 8-8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem for Atlanta is that White may have already hit his peak, while losing Gonzalez has to offset at least some of getting Jones back. Arguably the weakest defense in the division, 7-9  or 8-8.

Atlanta has some things prove. I don't think it's off base to believe that they are overrated in these rankings. I can see the Saints where they are. Carolina is a little low. If they are basing that on their offseason losses, then the Bucs should be credited with their offseason additions. That said, I can't see the Bucs any higher than 20 at this point. The team looks great on paper but they have to prove it on the field.

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

I would agree with that. Atlanta didn't do anything in the off season to deserve a #10 ranking. I always think it's funny when I see the authors of these pieces attempt to justify the early placement of teams. In your example, Atlanta which I think finished at 24 at the end of last year. They didn't do a lot in the off season yet get jumped up 14 places, while a team like the Bucs made huge changes, not the least was putting an experience NFL coach in charge of the team and then only moved them up 1 spot or stayed the same.  It's just some guy's opinion. However even ESPN loves the Falcons: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/0They have the Falcons moving up 12 spots to #14 - why? No idea, other than Jones is back.

It's more than just Jones.Their biggest weaknesses last year was injuries, poor OL play, and poor play in their front 7.Their remedies to these issues:The return of JJ. A healthy Sean Weatherspoon. A revamped OL with the additions of OT/OG Matthews, OG Jon Asamoah, and the return of OT Sam Baker.Additions to their front 7 which include DT Paul Soliai, rookie stud Ra'Shede Hageman, Tyson Jackson, and Prince Shembo.Will also be interesteting to see if they can get anything out of Hester.They won't win the division, but they won't suck as bad as they did last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would agree with that. Atlanta didn't do anything in the off season to deserve a #10 ranking. I always think it's funny when I see the authors of these pieces attempt to justify the early placement of teams. In your example, Atlanta which I think finished at 24 at the end of last year. They didn't do a lot in the off season yet get jumped up 14 places, while a team like the Bucs made huge changes, not the least was putting an experience NFL coach in charge of the team and then only moved them up 1 spot or stayed the same.  It's just some guy's opinion. However even ESPN loves the Falcons: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/0They have the Falcons moving up 12 spots to #14 - why? No idea, other than Jones is back.

It's more than just Jones.Their biggest weaknesses last year was injuries, poor OL play, and poor play in their front 7.Their remedies to these issues:The return of JJ. A healthy Sean Weatherspoon. A revamped OL with the additions of OT/OG Matthews, OG Jon Asamoah, and the return of OT Sam Baker.Additions to their front 7 which include DT Paul Soliai, rookie stud Ra'Shede Hageman, Tyson Jackson, and Prince Shembo.Will also be interesteting to see if they can get anything out of Hester.They won't win the division, but they won't suck as bad as they did last year.

You can point to a lot of similar issues with the Bucs; new coaching staff, scheme, off-season additions, players returning from injury, etc....Yet, the Bucs are at 25.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Atlanta upgrade is based on the additions below, but basically they’re saying that an upright matty ice can lead the team to victories and that qb play will be the difference compared to teams like the bucs.  as we know, we need mccown to do well… in fact, when I look at his stats from last year, we need his td/game ratio to improve. 

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

You can point to a lot of similar issues with the Bucs; new coaching staff, scheme, off-season additions, players returning from injury, etc....Yet, the Bucs are at 25.

The Falcons are 2 years removed from the NFC championship game. The thought is that with their revamped OL and the return of a few playmakers, that they could get back to where they were...or at least get close to it...The Bucs have not been to the playoffs for the better part of a decade, so even with their improvements, it's easy to understand why most would think that their ceiling is currently lower than the Falcons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Falcons are 2 years removed from the NFC championship game. The thought is that with their revamped OL and the return of a few playmakers, that they could get back to where they were...or at least get close to it...The Bucs have not been to the playoffs for the better part of a decade, so even with their improvements, it's easy to understand why most would think that their ceiling is currently lower than the Falcons.

So a team can't go from good to bad and bad to good? There are just as many variables to point to the Falcons being on the decline as there are the Bucs on the rise. That's why these rankings are pure speculation. All I'm saying is, if the author is going to base the rankings off of assumptions, it should be equally applied. The Bucs 2013 season is being held against them while it's being dismissed for the Falcons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That ranking is ok other than the fact that the Browns are way too low.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Browns team will finish dead last.  That defense, after being somewhat solid the past couple of seasons, is set to suck out loud this year.  Can’t wait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you a Steelers fan?  Why would you care how the Browns do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could care less about how they do other than I make money betting on a variety of things.  Vegas hasn’t released their over under win totals for each team yet  but my information is telling me that no one will be as anemic as the Brown’s this year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree the Browns are going to take a huge step back with the all new staff No Josh Gordon or Norv Turner. They are looking at 2-4 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, I think it's because he's the poster who's the most obsessed with Manziel. He's spent weeks bashing him. Then, after he goes to the Browns, the clown actually starts a whole new thread about him. I seriously think he wakes up thinking about Manziel, checks his phone at least once an hour hoping to catch news about Manziel, probably rubs one off during the day and Manziel slips into his thoughts, spends an hour watching Sportscenter to see if Manziel had a bad performance at Cleveland's rookie camp, and then goes to bed, while staring at a magazine on the nightstand with Manziel on the cover, saying to himself, "I knew you'd never be a Buc. You're trash and you won't amount to anything in the NFL. I'll talk more about you tomorrow".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you ask me ATL is overrated and the Bucs are underrated. Atlanta was one of the worst teams in the entire NFL last year. I dont see them in the top 10. The Bucs should be no.10 if you ask me.

So we both ended 4-12. Split home/away. Both went 1-5 in the division. How can you make that above statement and not be glaringly biased?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too high for Atlanta.Way too many teams that are more talented ranked below. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How are any of these power ranking at t his time of the year relevant?Braying about these things is akin to pissing directly into a heavy windstorm.  Enjoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, I think it's because he's the poster who's the most obsessed with Manziel. He's spent weeks bashing him. Then, after he goes to the Browns, the clown actually starts a whole new thread about him. I seriously think he wakes up thinking about Manziel, checks his phone at least once an hour hoping to catch news about Manziel, probably rubs one off during the day and Manziel slips into his thoughts, spends an hour watching Sportscenter to see if Manziel had a bad performance at Cleveland's rookie camp, and then goes to bed, while staring at a magazine on the nightstand with Manziel on the cover, saying to himself, "I knew you'd never be a Buc. You're trash and you won't amount to anything in the NFL. I'll talk more about you tomorrow".

You have me figured out DH.  Everyonce in a while a figure will sneak in to the sports landscape that is getting accolades for all the wrong reasons.  JFF's media hype is so powerful that it has otherwise intelligent football fans thinking that he has some sort of "magic" that will allow him to overcome the myriad of deficiencies. Deficiencies that he could "work around" in college that simply dont translate to the NFL.  What's better is he's not some mild mannered film rat that say all the right things, he's a playboy that hasn't had an ounce of guidance since he got to A&M and now as football fate would have it, he lands squarely in Cleveland with an opportunity to save the most befuddled franchise in this great game. JFF in Tampa would have been the death of us and I am glad if not ecstatic that he's not here.  I knew once Lovie came to Tampa that we were never drafting him.  Now, it's just a matter of keeping an eye on what will soon be the best/most tragic reality show in sports.  There is obviously tons of interest on here regarding JFF or we wouldn't have spent so much time with threads about him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No need to justify your obsession with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

………or your obsession with my thoughts on JFF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.........or your obsession with my thoughts on JFF.

Hard to not notice when it's 95% of your posts!  :P

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

So a team can't go from good to bad and bad to good? There are just as many variables to point to the Falcons being on the decline as there are the Bucs on the rise. That's why these rankings are pure speculation. All I'm saying is, if the author is going to base the rankings off of assumptions, it should be equally applied. The Bucs 2013 season is being held against them while it's being dismissed for the Falcons.

Most who watch the NFL, media included, don't see that there are "just as many variables to point the the Falcons being on the decline as there are the Bucs being on the rise". Sure, it's a prediction, but it is based off more than just '13. Fact is, the Falcons on paper are a lot closer to the team they were in '12 than the team that took the field in '13. Personally, I don't see it as not being an unequal application of assumption. The Falcons have a much better option at QB who has multiple seasons of good production. The Bucs are rolling with 2 guys who barely have a full season of solid production between the two of them. Like I said, "it's easy to understand why most would think that their(the Bucs) ceiling is currently lower than the Falcons.".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most who watch the NFL, media included, don’t see that there are “just as many variables to point the the Falcons being on the decline as there are the Bucs being on the rise”. Sure, it’s a prediction, but it is based off more than just ’13. Fact is, the Falcons on paper are a lot closer to the team they were in ’12 than the team that took the field in ’13. Personally, I don’t see it as not being an unequal application of assumption. The Falcons have a much better option at QB who has multiple seasons of good production. The Bucs are rolling with 2 guys who barely have a full season of solid production between the two of them. Like I said, “it’s easy to understand why most would think that their(the Bucs) ceiling is currently lower than the Falcons.”.

Still waiting for this version of the Falcons to make a Super Bowl run.  They are on the decline at many positions and their window for success is closing rapidly.  Signing tired old RB's off the scrap heap, then high giving each other like you got a '72 OJ Simpson is no way to win anything.  We will fare better than them this season and we're just getting started.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you ask me ATL is overrated and the Bucs are underrated. Atlanta was one of the worst teams in the entire NFL last year. I dont see them in the top 10. The Bucs should be no.10 if you ask me.

So we both ended 4-12. Split home/away. Both went 1-5 in the division. How can you make that above statement and not be glaringly biased?

Of course I am a bit biased. But this is a projection forward. Both teams made big offseason moves and this is where I think the Bucs have gotten much better than the Falcons have. I know ATL is going to be better this year but I think the Buccaneers will be much better on defense and perhaps I am being overconfident in our rookies but I dont think we are that far off on offense. Heck, Vegas has us at 7 wins and if I had a spare million laying around I would chuck it in there. If that gives you an idea of where I think the team is at right now ... even with our OL problems I think we will overcome that and we will be above average this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Falcons window is closed. Gonzalez carried that offense.  And their defense still sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t say I disagree.  I can’t tell you how many times Gonzalez bailed out that team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Falcons window is closed. Gonzalez carried that offense.  And their defense still sucks.

I think their D got a little better, but I agree the window is pretty much closed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without Jones or White, a running game, or any defense he carried them to a 4 win season last year. I hope they dont win a lot of games but my guess is 8 or more with healthy WR's. They really missed Abraham. He had more nuts then all the rest of the guys on that team combined.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but didn’t Icey boy have 4000 yards even with all of the injuries?  Oh yeah, again, without a solid defense, your team can throw all day long and still be a huge steamer. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but didn't Icey boy have 4000 yards even with all of the injuries?  Oh yeah, again, without a solid defense, your team can throw all day long and still be a huge steamer.

But...but...but...JC said the only positions that matter are QB and WR

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last six years the Falcons have a record of 60-36 and the Bucs 37-59. But go ahead keep on telling other teams how you do it right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last six years the Falcons have a record of 60-36 and the Bucs 37-59. But go ahead keep on telling other teams how you do it right.

Zero rings.  Keep praising a team for falling short despite all the talent in the world.  Also, who cares about the past 6 years??  With a new coach and GM I would assume we are trying to change our fortunes around OBP.  I spit on my rivals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Why?  Our dismal record speaks for itself. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Was Lovie here?  We are at least making changes in leadership after a 4-12 season that's more than I can say for "we're going to win it all next year's" team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Expecting that you will be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn't been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant. This is especially true during a time of such change. I mean can you think of any year in this franchise's history where there has been more turnover, not only in terms of the coaching staff and front office personnel, but roster turnover for not only the team, but our division opponents as well? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Expecting to be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn't been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant. This is especially true during a time of such change. I mean can you think of any year in this franchise's history where there has been more turnover, not only in terms of the coaching staff and front office personnel, but roster turnover for not only the team, but our division opponents as well?  I think Bucs fans would be hard pressed to recollect such a time.

We'll be a far better team this year no argument there.But you've made my point for me.  Atlanta has had the same HC and defense in place for several seasons.  We're starting anew.  Again.That takes time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid post.

Expecting to be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn't been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant. This is especially true during a time of such change. I mean can you think of any year in this franchise's history where there has been more turnover, not only in terms of the coaching staff and front office personnel, but roster turnover for not only the team, but our division opponents as well?  I think Bucs fans would be hard pressed to recollect such a time.

We'll be a far better team this year no argument there.But you've made my point for me.  Atlanta has had the same HC and defense in place for several seasons.  We're starting anew.  Again.That takes time.

Right. I forgot. Mike Smith has been a HC for the Falcons longer than Lovie Smith has been a HC for the Bucs. That automatically means Mike's model is better than Lovie's. That Automatically means they are better than us. Oh you know what? Ron Rivera and Sean Payton have been HCs longer for the Panthers and Saints too. That Automatically means we are going to be cellar dwellers, right? I guess it just takes time. Might as well not even go to games this season, right? Im done.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Expecting to be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn’t been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant.”Lol. If you expect Cleveland's record to be worse than Denver's, you're ignorant. Ignorant, I say!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta doesn’t worry me much, their run D should be improved but I don’t think their pass rush is going to be any better and that was a huge concern. Getting Jones back is huge but it’s almost offset by the loss of Gonzo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s be honest. The NFC South has the most worst to first or first to worst teams in the league. They also are the only division where no team has won it back to back ever. It’s entirely possible for the Falcons or Bucs to win the division this year. How someone things one team improved over another is a joke though. The Bucs has as much of a shot at the division as the Falcons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's be honest. The NFC South has the most worst to first or first to worst teams in the league. They also are the only division where no team has won it back to back ever. It's entirely possible for the Falcons or Bucs to win the division this year. How someone things one team improved over another is a joke though. The Bucs has as much of a shot at the division as the Falcons.

Great point. The Panthers are going from 1st to worst without question. Its a 3 team race right now and if you gave me even odds I would have no clue who to pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's be honest. The NFC South has the most worst to first or first to worst teams in the league. They also are the only division where no team has won it back to back ever. It's entirely possible for the Falcons or Bucs to win the division this year. How someone things one team improved over another is a joke though. The Bucs has as much of a shot at the division as the Falcons.

Great point. The Panthers are going from 1st to worst without question. Its a 3 team race right now and if you gave me even odds I would have no clue who to pick.

I think if you were getting even odds, you'd have to give the nod to the Saints without question. Now, as to the Bucs and Falcons, that could be a coin-flip on who ends up in second place. But, I would have to lean towards Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think if you were getting even odds, you'd have to give the nod to the Saints without question. Now, as to the Bucs and Falcons, that could be a coin-flip on who ends up in second place. But, I would have to lean towards Tampa.

I'm fairly positive Vegas would agree with you but to me it is a total crapshoot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, it’s not like this division has ever been a model of consistency. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Expecting to be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn't been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant."Lol. If you expect Cleveland's record to be worse than Denver's, you're ignorant. Ignorant, I say!

Why is it that you can figure out how to make a second account, but you still can't figure out how to use the quote feature properly?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Expecting to be worse than another team just because your record in recent history hasn't been as good as theirs is flat out ignorant."Lol. If you expect Cleveland's record to be worse than Denver's, you're ignorant. Ignorant, I say!

Why is it that you can figure out how to make a second account, but you still can't figure out how to use the quote feature properly?

Pretty sure he's up to 4 or 5 accounts by now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we beat ourselves in the FirstSaints game. We should have won that game. The second one the team had given up. Atlanta is beatable. I think we will be better against Carolina this year. We got a shot. Need to take care of those division games and home games.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

You mean the refs beat us in the Saints game. That bogus call on the Brees sack fumble was killer. 14 point swing there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

who is it? I haven’t paid attention?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the refs beat us in the Saints game. That bogus call on the Brees sack fumble was killer. 14 point swing there.

That one still pisses me off.  Complete BS call.  Hell most all of last year went the same way but LVD's late hit in the Jets game and that call pretty much put us in a death spiral.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That one still pisses me off.  Complete BS call.  Hell most all of last year went the same way but LVD's late hit in the Jets game and that call pretty much put us in a death spiral.

I know the bogus penalty will still be called at times..... but I cant help but wonder if some of the penalties we absorbed last season were more a result of having an azzhole running the sidelines. In that regard, its comforting to know that Lovie is well respected around the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know the bogus penalty will still be called at times..... but I cant help but wonder if some of the penalties we absorbed last season were more a result of having an azzhole running the sidelines. In that regard, its comforting to know that Lovie is well respected around the league.

We'll know nothing until we see how returning players perform.  Looks like Lovie stays low key and has players save the intensity for game day.

Please wait…

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.