Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 48 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

HERE’S THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA AD
      CBS Banned From Super Bowl Broadcast

1/24/2019 10:05 AM PST

This is the medical marijuana ad CBS rejected for the Super Bowl, and it’s incredibly moving and emotional.

The ad, produced by Acreage Holdings, a marijuana and cannabis investment firm, was willing to pay $5 million for the spot, but CBS turned it down … because, we’re told, they don’t allow any marijuana ads on the air.

The ad profiles 3 people — a boy who had hundreds of seizures a day that were not abated by traditional medicine, a man addicted to opioids, and a veteran who was in severe pain after his leg was amputated. All say medical marijuana made life livable.

The point of the ad is to push for legalization of medical marijuana on the federal level. 30 states have made medical marijuana use legal, but a federal law would make a big difference.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/1_jcdfsa3t/

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Just skip right to legalization recreationally federally. It’s going to happen soon IMO.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Chris Long

@JOEL9ONE

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Joe Montana
      I’m In the Weed Biz Now!

101 1/24/2019 2:52 PM PST
      Breaking News
      Call him Grow Montana … because the NFL Hall of Famer is investing HEAVILY in the weed business.
      62-year-old Joe Montana is one of the major investors of a company called Caliva — a major legal marijuana operation out of San Jose, CA.
      The company not only grows weed — it also sells everything from joints to vape pens and even marijuana beverages.
      Montana started a venture fund back in 2015 — and when Caliva was seeking investors for a $75 million round of funding, Montana’s company joined in.
      Caliva CEO Dennis O’Malley issued a statement saying the company plans on opening retail stores in major cities in 2019.
      He added, “What we’re trying to do is be the #1 brand in California … We believe this is where global brands are made.”
      As for why Montana decided to invest — O’Malley says Joe believes the company will “make a serious impact on opioids use or addiction.”

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Im sure if it was some prescription meds offering 5 mil they would have showed it.

Please wait…

• Tjax03

Participant

I’m not a weed smoker by any means but I have people close to me that smoke.

Why does america look at weed like its crack cocaine? Especially in this conservative state of Texas I live in. What is the REAL reason that they don’t like weed in America? Is it because it can’t be taxed so they try to brainwash the sheep?

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Why does america look at weed like its crack cocaine? Especially in this conservative state of Texas I live in. What is the REAL reason that they don’t like weed in America? Is it because it can’t be taxed so they try to brainwash the sheep?

Because they make a ton of money off of over counter and prescription drugs. Marijuana can help treat many of the things people buy that stuff for and would be cheaper. Drug companies absolutely despise Marijuana and would pay companies to be against it.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Because they make a ton of money off of over counter and prescription drugs. Marijuana can help treat many of the things people buy that stuff for and would be cheaper. Drug companies absolutely despise Marijuana and would pay companies to be against it.

Plus the federal government is in bed with doctors and pharmaceutical companies.   Legalize weed and that hurts both entities tremendously.   Not to mention the FDA would have to cut staff.   And this doesn’t just apply to weed.   There are drugs overseas that can do a much better job of fighting terminal diseases like cancer and AIDS that you can’t get here because they aren’t approved by the FDA.  It’s sad that our own government would rather see us sick and/or in pain in order to keep doctors and drug companies in business.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Just skip right to legalization recreationally federally. It’s going to happen soon IMO.

You bring up an interesting point. The POTUS should legalize it and tax it of course. Then he has his wall money.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

You bring up an interesting point. The POTUS should legalize it and tax it of course. Then he has his wall money.

LOL sure would. I believe with Canada legalizing it gives the US a better understanding of how it can benefit the country as a whole. If anything the US states that have legalized it recreational should help support why the rest of the country should do the same. Law enforcement would benefit too. They can dedicate their resources to stopping more serious crime.

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

The problem I have with legalizing marijuana is the same problem I have with cigarettes and alcohol. They should be taxed, but the taxed dollars are going to get wasted. One of the main reasons our health insurance is as bad as it is, is because there are major dollars being spent on cancer (caused by smoking), and liver (an other problems caused by alcohol). If marijuana becomes legal, in all forms, there is a 100% chance that marijuana use will have expensive side effects. There should be specific tax dollars (like 75% of it), be put towards offsetting those medical costs. The same should be done NOW for tobacco and alcohol.

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Plus the federal government is in bed with doctors and pharmaceutical companies. Legalize weed and that hurts both entities tremendously. Not to mention the FDA would have to cut staff. And this doesn’t just apply to weed. There are drugs overseas that can do a much better job of fighting terminal diseases like cancer and AIDS that you can’t get here because they aren’t approved by the FDA. It’s sad that our own government would rather see us sick and/or in pain in order to keep doctors and drug companies in business.

This is exactly why “Big Government” is a bad idea.

Please wait…

• Do_it_Big_Bucs

Participant

I was taught weed was an illegal drug… and like all illegal drugs I never tried them and never want to try them.    No one in my family or close friends do as well.

Have seen plenty of people that do get hooked on these drugs and they spend a lot of their money and a lot of their time being in an altered state of mind.  You should be able to get your high from your wife, kids, family, Jesus.. life!  Not drugs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These ‘rejected’ Super Bowl ads are just a media ploy. People fall for it all the time. They get far more exposure by claiming to be ‘rejected’ than they would just by airing them and paying up the 5mil. So instead of paying 5m for ‘super bowl’ exposure they get even MORE exposure and pay nothing. It’s genius really… I’m sure we’ll see more and more of these ‘rejected’ adds every year as companies realize how much free exposure they get.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

You should be able to get your high from your wife, kids, family, Jesus.. life! Not drugs

Lol Five down votes. Must be some people who dislike their family or Jesus so much they get HIGH.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Pole question: What percentage of this board is already high by 9 AM?  I say about 63%.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

LOL I bet Reefer Madness was a family favorite film.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Just a minor point.  The President doesn’t make laws.   (See Schoolhouse Rock Episode 5).

Sincerely,

The US Constitution.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Just a minor point. The President doesn’t make laws. (See Schoolhouse Rock Episode 5).

Sincerely,

The US Constitution.

Although the president does not have the power to enact laws, he does work with Congress to introduce new legislation and carries a great deal of power, particularly with members of his own party, to lobby for legislation he favors. If Congress should enact a law that the president opposes, he may veto the legislation before it can become law.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I live it Oregon and every statistic both here and Washington/Colorado makes it a success.

Tax revenue

DUII level or slightly down

Kids aren’t using it

Drug dealers out of business or registering to legally produce it

CBD alternatives readily available for medical use

THC and recreational use has not had a spike or negative impact

Oh and again, the tax revenue. Here it is 40% to schools and 20% to mental health and drug addiction.

If you are of the opinion that your state shouldn’t legalize and tax it, then I have some beach front property in Nebraska to sell you

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I live it Oregon and every statistic both here and Washington/Colorado makes it a success.

Kids aren’t using it

OK I’m not disagreeing with the overall point, but have an issue with these two minor points.

A) How do you do a preliminary test for marijuana impairment in a traffic stop?  You can’t have them walk the line.

B) The biggest problem in high schools presently is vaping.   Even though its illegal its hard to catch, and kids do it in the parking lot.  Its mainly tobacco/nicotine, and vaping THC requires an illegal alteration of the device.  If marijuana/THC vaping becomes legal I see this as becoming a major problem in schools and more prevalent in society.

Image result for Cannabis vape pens

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

B) The biggest problem in high schools presently is vaping. Even though its illegal its hard to catch, and kids do it in the parking lot. Its mainly tobacco/nicotine, and vaping THC requires an illegal alteration of the device. If marijuana/THC vaping becomes legal I see this as becoming a major problem in schools and more prevalent in society.

No alterations required. THC vapes come in the same form as tobacco/nicotine vapes. THC vaping is already legal in several states. The same states with tobacco/nicotine vapes. If your argument were true there would be an issue with vaping THC at this moment. Vaping THC is just another way to smoke. Technology has come a long ways. Do some research.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

CBS is hypocritical ,but doesn’t matter to me,I grow my own,import seeds from Europe

Legalize dont legalize, I am still growing and burning.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

CBS is hypocritical ,but doesn’t matter to me,I grow my own,import seeds from Europe

What is your favorite strain?

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

I have over 100 different seeds ,like high in cbd,but like it all,most of the kush,northern lights,critical mass,I could go on and on

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Bubba OG, Purple Punch, and Gelato are pretty good. If you haven’t tried them yet. Northern Lights is a classic smoke.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

B) The biggest problem in high schools presently is vaping. Even though its illegal its hard to catch, and kids do it in the parking lot. Its mainly tobacco/nicotine, and vaping THC requires an illegal alteration of the device. If marijuana/THC vaping becomes legal I see this as becoming a major problem in schools and more prevalent in society.

No alterations required. THC vapes come in the same form as tobacco/nicotine vapes. THC vaping is already legal in several states. The same states with tobacco/nicotine vapes. If your argument were true there would be an issue with vaping THC at this moment. Vaping THC is just another way to smoke. Technology has come a long ways. Do some research.

In Florida alterations are required because vaping THC is illegal.  I’ve discussed this with the school resource officer, because I wanted to know how he can tell if a vape pen has nicotine or other illegal drugs.  He says he can easily tell if the vape pen has something besides nicotine because its been altered.  You pull out the cartridge and put in another cartridge. He can send it to the lab if he chooses to.    I presume that if its legal then you won’t have to do it yourself, and you can more easily get a hold of a marijuana vape pen.

As I said I’m not against legalizing weed, but not to increase its usage.  Its just going to make things harder in schools.   If you don’t think marijuana is a problem in high school you need to talk to some people who work there.   The only problem that is probably worse is nicotine vaping.   So we’ll be putting those two together now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alcohol is a bigger issue for high schoolers than pot.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Alcohol is a bigger issue for high schoolers than pot.

I’m talking about during school.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

That explains a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You just killed the movement.

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

That explains a lot.

Must be a delay in shipping on those nights when he’s cursing at everyone. LOL

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Kids aren’t using it

OK I’m not disagreeing with the overall point, but have an issue with these two minor points.

A) How do you do a preliminary test for marijuana impairment in a traffic stop? You can’t have them walk the line.

A.   A preliminary test is if you smell it on them in the car.   Sure you can make them walk the line and do all the tests for a drunk driver.   Ever tried to drive high?   Being high is more impaired than being drunk.   The few times I got high, I couldn’t even dribble a basketball let alone drive a car.

B.  School resource officers are trained to catch that.   They can easily tell if a vape pen has been altered.   Not to mention that vape items are not allowed in schools in the first place.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Kids aren’t using it

A) How do you do a preliminary test for marijuana impairment in a traffic stop? You can’t have them walk the line.

A. A preliminary test is if you smell it on them in the car. Sure you can make them walk the line and do all the tests for a drunk driver. Ever tried to drive high? Being high is more impaired than being drunk. The few times I got high, I couldn’t even dribble a basketball let alone drive a car.

B. School resource officers are trained to catch that. They can easily tell if a vape pen has been altered. Not to mention that vape items are not allowed in schools in the first place.

They aren’t allowed?  Oh well problem solved then.

Please wait…

• TCB2W!

Participant

They aren’t allowed? Oh well problem solved then.

I’m glad that’s resolved. Phew!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pot isn’t harmless but when you consider prescription drugs and alcohol, it is far behind them in deaths (zero, as in nobody can OD from pot) and addiction (it does not contain addictive agents).

Hell, fast food and cigarettes are far worse for you.

I smoked a little pot in high school but it usually just introverted me and made me hang out with friends at home in the basement.

I drove drunk too many times under 21 and I am thankful that my idiocy didn’t cost anyone their lives. So fucking stupid…

So yeah, alcohol is far worse for kids.

Legalize pot tax it, put the money to good use, regulate it…

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Pot isn’t harmless but when you consider prescription drugs and alcohol, it is far behind them in deaths (zero, as in nobody can OD from pot) and addiction (it does not contain addictive agents).

Josh Gordon disagrees.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

I think Josh Gordon has a mental issue weed can’t fix.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Gordon disagrees.

Josh Gordon has an addiction issue to many many drugs… pot of which being the one that is easiest to test for…

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

I smoked a little pot in high school but it usually just introverted me and made me hang out with friends at home in the basement.

I drove drunk too many times under 21 and I am thankful that my idiocy didn’t cost anyone their lives. So fucking stupid…

I know multiple people who have continually lost jobs because they can’t stop smoking pot. These people also smoke cigarettes and occasionally drink, but they don’t have any other vices. They’ve never failed any alcohol tests, or other drug tests… only marijuana.

Alcohol is only worse for kids because they have bad parents and they make stupid decisions. I also know of incidents where kids have smoked pot, drove, ran a stop sign and got killed. Marijuana is not a blameless thing.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Pot is not addictive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pot is not addictive

Not physically but many things can be physiologically addicting to predisposed people. It’s no different than alcohol in that regard.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Alcohol is addictive, and can have severe withdrawal effects, hippie lettuce  not.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Alcohol and Benzos are the only two drugs you can die from the withdrawals.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

Pot is not addictive

It can become a hard to break habit.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

1. So can your x gf  doesn’t make it a addiction
      2. Again pot is NOT addictive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like being addicted to sweets or salts or sex or whatever… you can form mental a dependence for TV, for abuse, for Trump, for lying, for a shit ton of stuff.

Hell, I’m addicted to arguing on the internet with strangers on this website.

You don’t ban things because people get mentally addicted to them.

This fake outrage for pot is insane. Alcohol and prescription drugs are legal and worse. Period.

We have the highest obesity rate in the world. Yada yada yada

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

What does alcohol have to do with it?  That’s like saying that getting pneumonia is OK because its better than cancer.  Pot is terrible for kids.   Have you ever had to try to teach a kid who is high?  I have.  Its not fun.   There is no learning going on.  If you have a child, do you want him or her getting high before or during school?   Sure you can pass high school pretty easily high or not.  The school districts main goal is to get a diploma for as many students as possible. Their goal is 100% graduation rate.  But there are two kinds of students-  Group A) the ones who are taking AP chemistry and Calculus 2.  These are the ones that might go to U of Florida or other good colleges.  Then there are Group B who don’t give a crap about school and slide through regular classes and end up competing for a job as an assistant manager at Autozone or driving a beer truck.  If you want your kid to be in Group A then you better make sure they aren’t smoking weed.  If you want them to be in Group B then pot is perfectly OK.

Doing it at the occasional party on the weekend is not going to affect anything, but many people who smoke pot do it every day and that is when your brain turns into mush.

Please wait…

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

What does alcohol have to do with it? That’s like saying that getting pneumonia is OK because its better than cancer. Pot is terrible for kids. Have you ever had to try to teach a kid who is high? I have. Its not fun. There is no learning going on. If you have a child, do you want him or her getting high before or during school? Sure you can pass high school pretty easily high or not. The school districts main goal is to get a diploma for as many students as possible. Their goal is 100% graduation rate. But there are two kinds of students- Group A) the ones who are taking AP chemistry and Calculus 2. These are the ones that might go to U of Florida or other good colleges. Then there are Group B who don’t give a crap about school and slide through regular classes and end up competing for a job as an assistant manager at Autozone or driving a beer truck. If you want your kid to be in Group A then you better make sure they aren’t smoking weed. If you want them to be in Group B then pot is perfectly OK.

Doing it at the occasional party on the weekend is not going to affect anything, but many people who smoke pot do it every day and that is when your brain turns into mush.

Well, pot is illegal, so kids aren’t smoking it. LOL.

I think pot smoking among kids is more indicative of other family problems, not THE problem.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Robert Kraft
      Josh Gordon’s a ‘Real Good Guy’
      … But Addiction Is Real

1/30/2019 9:26 AM PST

Breaking News
      New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft says the team was seriously committed to helping Josh Gordon beat his addiction issues … but they realized real quick, the problems were way too serious.
      Robert and his son, Jonathan (who’s the president of the Patriots) spoke about the troubled WR on “Boston Sports Tonight” … calling Gordon a “real good guy” with incredible potential.
      The Patriots signed Gordon in Sept. knowing full well his history with substance abuse — but figured they could give him a support system to overcome his demons.
      27-year-old Gordon crushed it for the Pats until Dec. — when he was suspended by the league after reportedly falling off the wagon, and failing another drug test.
      “Unfortunately, people like that need mentoring at a young age,” Robert said.
      “But, when it becomes addiction, addiction is something that is way beyond our … we gave him tremendous support on a daily basis, and he was worthy. But, I think we as a society have to try to help these young people not to get addicted in the first place.”
      “And, that’s the sad part of this. He’s a good guy — a really good guy. It makes us sad.”
      Jonathan echoed his father’s sentiments … saying Gordon clicked with his teammates, had a great work ethic and could have been a key contributor in the playoffs — if he could have stayed clean.
      “This wasn’t a troublemaker in the locker room,” Jonathan said … “Unfortunately, he had some personal demons.”
      “As a person and as a teammate, he was beloved in the locker room. And, I’m sure if you ask guys this week, they would tell you they wish he was here with us. He was not a guy that was disruptive or a problem.”
      Both Jonathan and Robert believe Gordon’s issues run very deep — and his story is a wake-up call about how to prevent addiction in the first place.
      “He didn’t grow up with any support system,” Jonathan added … “He saw other people doing it, and it gets back to the original way we grew up.”
      “And, that doesn’t mean people don’t get addicted from all walks of life — but you get exposed to it in a whole different way when you come from where Josh Gordon came from. He is a very good kid.”
      The Patriots are reportedly paying for Gordon’s treatment while away from the team — and if they win the Super Bowl, Gordon is expected to get a ring.

Please wait…

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.