Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• BucsGators

Participant

How was that complete pass we challenged not overturned? He clearly had control of the ball, then there was conclusive evidence of him losing possession of the ball when the ball hit the ground. The only reason I can see them saying it wasn’t incomplete is because his knee was already down, but don’t you have to have control of the ball through the end of the play?Not that it would have changed anything in the game, they probably still would have made the FG or we still would have found a way to lose.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Refs are numnuts nowadays. I saw a roughing flag on brees that was pathetic. I heard Collingswood (I think) in disbelief over a call. Bad calls everywhere, with replay.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was horrible call, no doubt…but it really had no effect on the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That call was a load of bull… The football started at the guys helmet and by the time he rolled over it was rolling around his crotch. Everyone in the stadium knew that wasn't a catch.. The receiver even had a surprised smile after the ref called it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw the Chargers and Redskins game in overtime where a Chargers linebacker number 59 turns to make a tackle on a Redskins receiver.  The receiver lowers his shoulder and hits the linebacker in the facemask causing the linebacker’s head to jolt back.  Flag on the play for unnecessary roughness on the Chargers player.  So I guess if you play defense and hit or get hit roughly on a play you’ll get flagged no matter what.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We stopped them on 3rd and 3. No biggie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would have possibly made that field goal harder tho.Either way instant replay is there to get the play right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

exactly my point… Instant replay is there to get the play right

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would have possibly made that field goal harder tho.Either way instant replay is there to get the play right.

It would have went from being 36 yards to 41 yards....and Hauschka is a good kicker.Refs miss calls in every game. This is nothing new. Good teams have to, and always have had to, over come them. Period.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would have went from being 36 yards to 41 yards....and Hauschka is a good kicker.Refs miss calls in every game. This is nothing new. Good teams have to, and always have had to, over come them. Period.

Anything could have happened is my point tho. Good teams should over come the refs but not so good teams playing the game of their lives shouldn't have to go against the opposing team and the refs.They miss calls every game but how can they miss it with instant replay too? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rule was that you have to maintain possession through contact with the ground in the end zone and out of bounds. I’m not aware of that rule having been changed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rule was that you have to maintain possession through contact with the ground in the end zone and out of bounds. I'm not aware of that rule having been changed.

The Seahawks are the only team in the league that this rules doesn't apply to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything could have happened is my point tho. Good teams should over come the refs but not so good teams playing the game of their lives shouldn't have to go against the opposing team and the refs.They miss calls every game but how can they miss it with instant replay too?

Still happens, even with replay. Ref errors are a part of the game that will probably always be there. It is what it is.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still happens, even with replay. Ref errors are a part of the game that will probably always be there. It is what it is.

True.. I guess they shouldn't have to get it right even with the chance to review the play.It's part of the game but it stinks to be on this end EVERYTIME.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching the game and immediately told my buddy that it would not be overturned.  Here was my reasoning…it would have caused too much work for a simple 5 yds.  If you remember, they called it a completion.  Therefore, the clock continued to run and ended the 3rd quarter.  It was between quarters that Schiano decided to challenge it.  Had they overturned it, they would have had to figure out when the point of incompletion was, add those few seconds to a clock that was already expired,  bring the ball all the way back to the other end of the stadium, let them run one play and then go through the break in between the third and fourth quarters all over again.  Just too much work for a few seconds of time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No biggie but it still pissed me off...

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with DJ. We really got hosed on that call. Happens WAY too much to us. These are clear calls that seem to be blown on a consistent basis. Im not a conspiracy theory guy, just seems strange.Pretty sure Schiano hasn't won a challenge all season has he?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one that got me was the Unnecessary Roughness call against us when R. Wilson took off on a scramble and punked at least one of our players in the process.  The Bucs got totally owned on that play, but the other team’s QB, but we were too rough?  At the stadium, we got no replays really(terrible screen operators there), was it a slap to the helmet as he blew by someone?

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy hit his helmet while Wilson was still in the pocket.

• Anonymous

Inactive

In McCoy’s defense , he isnt used to ever being that close to the QB … lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one that got me was the Unnecessary Roughness call against us when R. Wilson took off on a scramble and punked at least one of our players in the process.  The Bucs got totally owned on that play, but the other team's QB, but we were too rough?  At the stadium, we got no replays really(terrible screen operators there), was it a slap to the helmet as he blew by someone?

Yeah, McCoy reached out to arm tackle him and what happens when a tall guy reaches out to tackle a dwarf?  His fingertips grazed the helmet.While we seem to be victimized by these ticky tacky calls far more than anyone else, we aren't the only ones.  The league needs to rethink the emphasis here.  Most of the calls seem to just be the inevitable consequence of lots of large men moving very fast in limited space than any attempt to injure or reckless indifference to whether an injury occurs or not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching the game and immediately told my buddy that it would not be overturned.  Here was my reasoning...it would have caused too much work for a simple 5 yds.  If you remember, they called it a completion.  Therefore, the clock continued to run and ended the 3rd quarter.  It was between quarters that Schiano decided to challenge it.  Had they overturned it, they would have had to figure out when the point of incompletion was, add those few seconds to a clock that was already expired,  bring the ball all the way back to the other end of the stadium, let them run one play and then go through the break in between the third and fourth quarters all over again.  Just too much work for a few seconds of time.

That's the way I see it too. It's dumb and lazy but makes total sense. I still don't like it thought.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching the game and immediately told my buddy that it would not be overturned.  Here was my reasoning...it would have caused too much work for a simple 5 yds.  If you remember, they called it a completion.  Therefore, the clock continued to run and ended the 3rd quarter.  It was between quarters that Schiano decided to challenge it.  Had they overturned it, they would have had to figure out when the point of incompletion was, add those few seconds to a clock that was already expired,  bring the ball all the way back to the other end of the stadium, let them run one play and then go through the break in between the third and fourth quarters all over again.  Just too much work for a few seconds of time.

That's the way I see it too. It's dumb and lazy but makes total sense. I still don't like it thought.

It's dumb, lazy and unethical.  I totally agree though, I knew it wasn't going to be overturned because of "time constraints".  However, inconsequential as that play seemed, it cost us a TO.  That missing TO could have played a huge role in the final drive of regulation.  Even though it wasn't needed, it might have still impacted the play calling used on the final drive.  Driving for a FG in less than two minutes, two TO's vs three is a big deal- especially with a rookie QB.The fact that such a blatant call was ignored, because of convenience, is disturbing.  The " Aw shucks it happens all the time" argument doesn't hold water here.  For one, they are professionals, we don't give fumbles, missed tackles, or interceptions a free pass because " it happens all the time".  No, we hold the players accountable because they too are professionals.  Besides, the league has created a situation where they are asking the officials to take a more active role in games, so their accuracy should be more important and uniform than ever.  Secondly, this review wasn't bang bang judgment call, trying to decide in a fraction of a second if a helmet made contact with another helmet.  This was a complete video review of a play that allowed for a thorough examination and obvious result.  To determine the outcome of the review based on convenience makes a mockery of the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one that got me was the Unnecessary Roughness call against us when R. Wilson took off on a scramble and punked at least one of our players in the process.  The Bucs got totally owned on that play, but the other team's QB, but we were too rough?  At the stadium, we got no replays really(terrible screen operators there), was it a slap to the helmet as he blew by someone?

Yeah, McCoy reached out to arm tackle him and what happens when a tall guy reaches out to tackle a dwarf?  His fingertips grazed the helmet.While we seem to be victimized by these ticky tacky calls far more than anyone else, we aren't the only ones.  The league needs to rethink the emphasis here.  Most of the calls seem to just be the inevitable consequence of lots of large men moving very fast in limited space than any attempt to injure or reckless indifference to whether an injury occurs or not.

It's interesting to watch the body language of QBS and WRs with the new rules.  Players will stay on the ground motionless after a hit trying to draw flags.  Wilson did it, trying to a bait a flag at one point in obvious fashion,and even seemed to chuckle about it after the play when one wasn't thrown

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's interesting to watch the body language of QBS and WRs with the new rules.  Players will stay on the ground motionless after a hit trying to draw flags.  Wilson did it, trying to a bait a flag at one point in obvious fashion,and even seemed to chuckle about it after the play when one wasn't thrown

Soon we'll see the soccer flops.

• Anonymous

Inactive

we got a few bs pi calls go our way earlier in the game so really it evens itself out. both teams got screwed

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beginning to think Wilson has a competitive advantage with his height, or lack thereof, when compared to larger d-linemen lacking the ability to get low enough to legally hit him. I’ve seen this a few times with him this season. If you’re 6’5″, it’s hard to get down low enough to hit a guy below the helmet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the playcalling would have been different with an extra timeout in our pocket, but still not a huge deal.  I personally thought the Seahawks got robbed on the Earl Thomas PI instead of INT, and that was a much bigger play.  If that were Barron, this board would have gone nuts. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is Vickerson bumping Luck. Vickerson could of pulled up but didn’t and Luck performed the “NBA flop” perfectly.http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/10/andrew-luck-nba-style-flop-gets-roughing-the-passer-call-video/

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy hit his helmet while Wilson was still in the pocket.

A defender would have to get on two knees not to hit that midget in the head.Of course you will never see a head to head hit on Glennon for that reason.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread is the reason they should have kept the replacement refs, and let the union guys walk.  Unfortunately the NFL game callers and shows are all NFL players’ union members that crucified the replacement refs  for every call.  You never see the union refs crucified for these boneheaded calls.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the playcalling would have been different with an extra timeout in our pocket, but still not a huge deal.  I personally thought the Seahawks got robbed on the Earl Thomas PI instead of INT, and that was a much bigger play.  If that were Barron, this board would have gone nuts.

Homers only see the penalties against us and cry "conspiracy!". They don't realize that questionable calls happen to every team around the league, and these calls happen every week.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No they wouldn't , they'd be happy . This board hates Barron . LOL

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.