Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• bucDsystem

Participant

Raheem-Morris.jpgIn 2010, Morris became the first coach since the 1970 NFL/AFL merger to start at least 10 rookies and finish with a winning record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because he basically faced the 2014 Bucs every week.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Raheem was given very little and did quite a lot. A lot of fans never gave him a fair shot and still refuse to give him any credit, but he did a helluva job all things considered. That said, things went so bad in 2011 that there was no other option. He had to go. Sadly, this team looks every bit as bad and has shown just as much quit as that 2011 team. So I am not sure how anyone can make the argument that Lovie deserves another year unless things change dramatically over the next 10 games. We cannot continue to get blown out and show no effort all season and retain the head coach. You just can not justify it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's cold... Buc fans deserve better

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

8 of their 16 games that season were against teams who made the playoffs that season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

8 of their 16 games that season were against teams who made the playoffs that season.

And if I remember correctly, six of those 8 games were our losses. Edit: Here's the results of that seasonWins and final records:Cleveland:5-11Carolina:2-14Cincinnati:4-12St. Louis:7-9Arizona:5-11Carolina:2-14San Francisco:6-10Washington:6-10Seattle: 7-9 - PNew Orleans: 11-5 - PLosses and final record:Pittsburgh: 12-4 - PNew Orleans: 11-5 - PAtlanta: 13-3 - PBaltimore: 12-4 - PAtlanta:13-3 - PDetroit: 6-10We beat one sub .500 playoff team, got stomped by the others, and had 9 of our 10 wins against teams with a losing record with five of those wins against teams that finished last in their division. Just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams that make the playoffs beat the teams they are suppose to beat, I doubt we’re playing 8 games with playoff teams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams that make the playoffs beat the teams they are suppose to beat, I doubt we're playing 8 games with playoff teams

Well, we automatically have two because someone in our division will make it and it won't be us. The other possible playoff teams IMO: BaltimoreChicagoCincinnati DetroitGreen BayEveryone else on the schedule is either divisional, or teams that just haven't shown anything this year imo. We could have as many as 7 games against playoff teams, though I think it's likely it will only be 6.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait….what year is it again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait....what year is it again?

It’s the year of 1-5

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

lol so funny but pretty accurate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish that we could even beat bad teams this year.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

We lost our two games to the Falcons that year, but both were great games that were hard fought to the last minute. Those two games were probably the best, most exciting Buc games in recent memory. We lost to the Lions by 3 points in OT. Many would argue we were robbed by a bad call that negated a TD reception by Winslow.Lost to the Ravens by one score.Be didn't just beat bad teams. We dominated. We beat the 49ers 21-0. The Seahawks 38-15. Panthers 20-7 and 31-16. The truth is, we were beaten badly by a great Steelers team that eventually went on to the Super Bowl, and we were also beaten badly in our first game vs the Saints. The other 4 losses were all close games. Raheem haters grasp at this idea that our schedule was extremely weak and we were dominated by the few good teams we played, but it simply isn't true. We had less talent than we do now and the coaching staff had far less experience than they have now. On top of that, Raheem wasn't allowed to spend any money to get players. He had to make it work with rookies, practice squad players, and no name free agents off the street. Oh, and he had an inexperienced QB coach that was forced into being OC. (Oh the irony) That 2010 team would beat the pants off this 2014 team. No question. 2010 Freeman would have 5 TDs and our 2014 offense would be held to 10 points. You know I am correct.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Taco bell” freeman and “radio” raheem were better than “i learned” lovie and “wtf is this guy” mccown/glennon.Regardless of anyone's argument, its an inescapable truth. Sickening really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Coach Morris ever had the respect of a few idiots we had on the team back then.  Remember Aqib “Flavor Flav” Talib cussed him out in the hotel lobby in England.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

I don't think Coach Morris ever had the respect of a few idiots we had on the team back then.  Remember Aqib "Flavor Flav" Talib cussed him out in the hotel lobby in England.

I think part of that was Raheem's youth and inexperience which led to him being too much of a friend or pier, and blurring lines of the coach/player relationship. It worked well for him for awhile, but some players got too comfortable and took advantage of that. I think he tried to take back the team when things began to spiral out of control in 2011, but he never had any real power and therefore was unable to command the fear and respect needed to reign in a young unruly roster. I believe it snowballed into the horrible product we saw in the second half of 2011 and in the end resulted in his termination. Raheem was set up to fail from the beginning though. He was handed a garbage roster and virtually no spending budget, and told to build through the draft exclusively. It is really quite impressive that he did as well as he did for the first two years. If Freeman hadn't had his unexpected fall from grace, then Raheem might still be here. At the time Raheem was blamed because everyone thought Freeman was great, but in retrospect we now know that Freeman took a nose dive and never recovered from his own personal off the field issues. Still, he was Raheem's 1st round quarterback, so Raheem had to go down with Freeman. I just think some people tend to twist the reality of Raheem's tenure. He was a pretty damn good coach. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Lovie needs to flying chest bump players after good plays .

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Maybe Lovie needs to flying chest bump players after good plays .

Tomlin often does that in Pittsburgh. Nobody really minds when you are winning. Raheem definitely had his own style though.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Raheem can only be judged on 2009 and 2011.  The 2010 season should be completely thrown out.  Almost every game they won was against a weak team on a week where their starting QB was out.    It was the luckiest fluke of a schedule ever.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1U2kROTc_A

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raheem can only be judged on 2009 and 2011.  The 2010 season should be completely thrown out.  Almost every game they won was against a weak team on a week where their starting QB was out.    It was the luckiest fluke of a schedule ever.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1U2kROTc_A

minus-1So let's discount the only winning season we've had since 2008. Jeez, you're as bad as the Gruden haters who insist our 11-5 in 2005 meant nothing. Don't we feel bad enough?

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

So let's discount the only winning season we've had since 2008.

Exactly.  That was not a 10-6 team, that was a 4-12 team with the luckiest schedule of all time.  I've seriously never seen a team play so many games against already weak teams but also with backup QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well at least Raheem could beat the bad teams consistently and those with backup QBs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think Coach Morris ever had the respect of a few idiots we had on the team back then.  Remember Aqib "Flavor Flav" Talib cussed him out in the hotel lobby in England.

I think part of that was Raheem's youth and inexperience which led to him being too much of a friend or pier, and blurring lines of the coach/player relationship. It worked well for him for awhile, but some players got too comfortable and took advantage of that. I think he tried to take back the team when things began to spiral out of control in 2011, but he never had any real power and therefore was unable to command the fear and respect needed to reign in a young unruly roster. I believe it snowballed into the horrible product we saw in the second half of 2011 and in the end resulted in his termination. Raheem was set up to fail from the beginning though. He was handed a garbage roster and virtually no spending budget, and told to build through the draft exclusively. It is really quite impressive that he did as well as he did for the first two years. If Freeman hadn't had his unexpected fall from grace, then Raheem might still be here. At the time Raheem was blamed because everyone thought Freeman was great, but in retrospect we now know that Freeman took a nose dive and never recovered from his own personal off the field issues. Still, he was Raheem's 1st round quarterback, so Raheem had to go down with Freeman. I just think some people tend to twist the reality of Raheem's tenure. He was a pretty damn good coach.

+1

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Well at least Raheem could beat the bad teams consistently and those with backup QBs.

Only that one year.  And most of those wins were by less than a TD against horrible teams with backup QBs.  Had Heemy been coach against the Ravens last Sunday, you would have seen the exact same results.  The Ravens are a solid team and had their starting QB.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

raw-man2.jpgcharmind.jpg

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

2009_10_30_974_Bagsmall.jpgUntitled-2-1.jpgheemy-underwear.jpg

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

minnow.jpgmorris-ps3.jpg

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

And if I remember correctly, six of those 8 games were our losses. Edit: Here's the results of that seasonWins and final records:Cleveland:5-11Carolina:2-14Cincinnati:4-12St. Louis:7-9Arizona:5-11Carolina:2-14San Francisco:6-10Washington:6-10Seattle: 7-9 - PNew Orleans: 11-5 - PLosses and final record:Pittsburgh: 12-4 - PNew Orleans: 11-5 - PAtlanta: 13-3 - PBaltimore: 12-4 - PAtlanta:13-3 - PDetroit: 6-10We beat one sub .500 playoff team, got stomped by the others, and had 9 of our 10 wins against teams with a losing record with five of those wins against teams that finished last in their division. Just saying.

Let's look at those wins in more detailWins and final records:Cleveland:5-11  (Browns are beating the Bucs 14-0 at halftime.  Jake Delhomme - starting Browns QB gets injured but stays in the game.  He's obviously a different QB after the injury and very ineffective at that point.  The Bucs win the game as time runs out 17-14 mostly because of Delhomme struggling with the injury.)Carolina:2-14  (Panthers staring QB Matt Moore is injured.  He tries to play, but the injury is too much for him.  Rookie QB Jimmy Claussen replaces him and sucks in his first NFL game)Cincinnati:4-12  Carson Palmer was great in 2009, but in 2010 at this point he is in a horrible slump and losing to every team he plays.  At least he was a starting QB, so kudos to the Bucs for winning this game by 3 points.St. Louis:7-9  This was the best Bucs win of the year.  Sam Bradford was actually the Rams starting QB.  The Bucs win at the end 18-17 with a pass to Cadillac Williams.Arizona:5-11  Cardinals start backup QB Hall and Bucs win by 3 points.Carolina:2-14  Panthers have to play backup QB Jimmy Claussen.  Bucs get their first win of the year by more than 3 points.San Francisco:6-10  49ers backup QB T. Smith is horrible in this game.Washington:6-10  Bucs win by 1 point 17-16 against a struggling McNabb on his last legs.  This is the 2nd biggest win of the year for the Bucs since they actually played against a starting QB  (Rams being the biggest).Seattle: 7-9 - P    Matt Hasselbeck starts the game for the Seahawks and the Hawks are dominating the Bucs at the start of the game.  Hawks are up 7-0 but Hasselbeck gets injured on a fluke pulled leg on a run.  Hasselbeck's backup is perhaps the worst QB I've ever seen.  The Seahawks go from their offense going straight down the field for a TD with Hasselbeck to not even being able to get a first down with the backup.  Due to horrible play by his backup, the tone of the game completely changes and the Bucs come back to win the game.  New Orleans: 11-5 - P    The Saints have nothing to play for here.  Whether they win or lose the game, they still go to the playoffs and still have the same position in the playoffs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to pull down our big boy pants and put our face on people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not much to respect as a NFL coach….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy is a piece of shit person and a piece of shit coach. Hung out with him socially and he is a giant asshole! I root against him and will forever. Fuck that turd!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Raheem. I think he needed to adjust his style and be more professional in terms of his relationship with the players, and hold everyone accountable. He had his favorites. He was fans of his own players some of which were garbage players.Football wise I think Raheem wasnt bad. If people like Chris Landry think this roster is void of talent, he must have thought the roster during the Raheem era was a D2 college school.The Oline was as bad as today's Oline, the Dline was worse, the secondary was worse, the receivers were worse. They spent no money on FAs to help Raheem out, and MD missed on all his key draft picks except McCoy who couldnt stay on the field anyway. Their best player was Mike Williams who I accurately predicted his rookie season would be the best season of his career, and the second best was Blount. Both of whom had their best season under Raheem, however neither of them are elite players.To answer the question of why he gets so much disrespect. Because as usual fans here dont take  the many variables into account. All the things I mentioned above would have labeled me an Raheem apologist, and would have been seen as petty excuses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy is a piece of (censored) person and a piece of (censored) coach. Hung out with him socially and he is a giant asshole! I root against him and will forever. (censored) that turd!

Ive heard people say that about Ronde Barber but who the hell cares? I dont have any desire to be friends with the Bucs players. They dont give a s*** about me or you personally, so I dont really care about them on a personal level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy is a piece of (censored) person and a piece of (censored) coach. Hung out with him socially and he is a giant asshole! I root against him and will forever. (censored) that turd!

Ive heard people say that about Ronde Barber but who the hell cares? I dont have any desire to be friends with the Bucs players. They dont give a s*** about me or you personally, so I dont really care about them on a personal level.

He's a bad coordinator let alone bad coach. Personal shit aside.. i hope he gets aids

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only one thing I miss about Hemmy……those press conferences….wow is there a coach alive with such a limited grasp of the English language.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Only one thing I miss about Hemmy......those press conferences....wow is there a coach alive with such a limited grasp of the English language.

Heemy is the only ghetto coach in history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a bad coordinator let alone bad coach. Personal (censored) aside.. i hope he gets aids

Ebola would probably kill him faster....

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.