Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• kbl117

Participant

Seriously, you guys never have 5 (4) topics worth writing about. I never read all of the topics, usually skip over 2-3. Doug Martin could lose his starting role to Bobby Rainey? Lmao. Watch fotball much? The bucs have talented WRs after Jackson? Lol yea about as talented as Underwood and Preston ParkerIf u guys cant come up with 4 topics per week worth writing about, why bother? I know these are your most viewed articles every week, but that doesnt mean u have to force stories that arent there...btw, the 2 topics I mention from this week are better than the filler material you use in most Fab 5s. I know these are free now, and that SR is one of the better Bucs reporters, but time to change things up

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fab Five has always been my favorite feature.  Are there some fluff points?  Sure.  Did you provide good examples?  Nope.1.  "Doug Martin could lose his starting job to Bobby Rainey."  That's sure as hell not a fluff point.  That appears to be balls to the wall crazy talk, but it's sure not fluff.  I'm thrilled to hear that Rainey looks like a stud, because we know Martin can be.  As to the likelihood of a trade - sure, I doubt it's likely.  Then again, two months ago I didn't see Revis getting cut or Williams getting traded, so who's to say.2.  "The Bucs have talented WRs after Jackson."  Again, the merits of this can be debated (I remember a number of similar pieces about Stovall killing it in camp), but it's certainly not fluff - it's a statement that the Bucs have speed and depth at receiver that no one was expecting.  More important, it's not something you're ever going to read on any national site because stories about unknown receivers 2-6 aren't going to happen.  I come here to get insight from people that go into the locker rooms and put their eyeballs on the field.  I frequently disagree with the analysis, but always appreciate the information.  Beats the hell out of a site like JBF which has neither.3.  "...btw, the 2 topics I mention from this week are better than the filler material you use in most Fab 5s."  Again, you're not providing any examples of filler or fluff in this story or any others. 4.  "I know these are your most viewed articles every week."  Well, there you go. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see Rainey unseating Martin. Rainey is the kind of back that seems to get stuffed over and over but break off a long run that makes his YPC look good. That’s especially how the Buffalo game was, but Martin is more of a solid pound-the-rock type of guy who’ll churn out solid little runs and then toss in a big play every now and then. Rainey is a good 3rd down/change of pace option.I don't have any problem with Fab 5 but I do get a little weary of how optimistic it can be haha. Our WR situation is atrocious but reading PR you'd never know it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fab 5 is fine and it’s free. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont always complain about the coverage of my team, but when I do I make sure to do it during the slowest time of the year for news.  What would make you happier, another mock draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to complain too much about free content, but I would really like it if the Fab 5’s weren’t so darned heavy on the direct quotes. I don’t really want to read straight transcripts of interviews. I would prefer PR use interviews as a jumping off point and provide their own analysis from there. Say what you will about Sander and Leo Howell, but they do at least try to bring unique personal analysis to almost everything they write.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Say what you will about Sander and Leo Howell, but they do at least try to bring unique personal analysis to almost everything they write.”If you're going to bring "unique personal analysis" to your writing, you may want to become competent at it first. Distorting the available information to conform to poorly thought out personal opinion does not qualify as competence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Say what you will about Sander and Leo Howell, but they do at least try to bring unique personal analysis to almost everything they write."If you're going to bring "unique personal analysis" to your writing, you may want to become competent at it first. Distorting the available information to conform to poorly thought out personal opinion does not qualify as competence.

I'd rather read someone's original thought and decide they're an idiot and/or wrong than read the 200th interview with Ronde Barber.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Seriously, you guys never have 5 (4) topics worth writing about. I never read all of the topics, usually skip over 2-3. Doug Martin could lose his starting role to Bobby Rainey? Lmao. Watch fotball much? The bucs have talented WRs after Jackson? Lol yea about as talented as Underwood and Preston ParkerIf u guys cant come up with 4 topics per week worth writing about, why bother? I know these are your most viewed articles every week, but that doesnt mean u have to force stories that arent there...btw, the 2 topics I mention from this week are better than the filler material you use in most Fab 5s. I know these are free now, and that SR is one of the better Bucs reporters, but time to change things up

I think the Fab 5 should include more insight on:1. Faith influencing Lovie's Bucs2. How great of a GM Mark Dominick was3. How Greg Schiano was so bad that PR is carrying the torch for him to be fired again at his next job before he's even hired for it4. Donald Penn is having weight issues and violating weight clauses in Oakland5. How the Darrell Revis contract wasn't so bad and how Dominick is the best GM ever!6. Look for Ronde Barber to play this season 7. How Bucs fans should watch less football and rely on Dominick on ESPN for their insight on the NFL and Bucs8. Remind us how bad the new uniforms are and how we aren't going to be able to sign new free agents because of them9. How great Derek Carr is and how much the Bucs love the man because of Tedford's ties to Carr's brother's, uncle's cousin's, sister's roommate's babysitter10. How despite a 28-52 overall record as GM and the roster overall haul by Lovie and Light, Dominick left the Bucs in great shape and will be missed:)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really should be a Fab 4.  The fifth one is now almost always  an advertisement for their sponsors (and why it’s free in my opinion.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You forgot # 11  How L & L walk on water and are  the greatest thing to happen to the Bucs outside of Dominick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back Flynn’s focus

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say what you will about Sander and Leo Howell, but they do at least try to bring unique personal analysis to almost everything they write.

They have to - they aren't reporters. The first quote they get from a source might be the first one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont always complain about the coverage of my team, but when I do I make sure to do it during the slowest time of the year for news.  What would make you happier, another mock draft?

+1 lmao seriously.  some people just need to b*tch. must have a frustrating life or something

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fab 2!  That would be a good nickname for Manziel.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.