Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

The floor for Manziel is Tony Romo, and the ceiling is much higher IMNewlyFoundOpinion. If the Bucs were to draft Manziel I’d be happy, even if they had to trade up.  Still think the Browns will trade up #2 for him though.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

He’s going to go early, probably to the Browns. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or if the Rams were smart, they would just take him.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I hate the Rams.  They appear to be a wild card in this draft though.  I hope whoever they pick he is injured in the pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate the Rams.  They appear to be a wild card in this draft though.  I hope whoever they pick he is injured in the pre-season.

What if they pick you or your brother?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see the Rams as a wild card at all. They are most likely taking Matthews or Robinson. Maybe... just maybe, they take Watkins. But considering the depth at WR and them having the #13 pick gives them the freedom to not take him at 2. Other than that I see no reason why they would be a wild card. If somehow the Texans don't take Clowney we know Atlanta will jump up to to the #2 pick to take him. I consider the Browns and Raiders bigger wild cards. Even then, I see the Browns taking Watkins and snagging Carr with their second first rounder. I don't think if Manziel was there that they would take him. Same with Oakland. If Bortles is there at #5 for the Raiders I think they give him huge consideration and let him sit behind Schaub. They could easily take any of these guys if they are there : Watkins, Mack, Matthews/Robinson, or Bortles. I'll event throw Manziel in there, but I don't think he is their guy. They are easily the biggest wild card from our point of view. No doubt about it in my mind.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I don't see the Rams as a wild card at all. They are most likely taking Matthews or Robinson. Maybe... just maybe, they take Watkins. But considering the depth at WR and them having the #13 pick gives them the freedom to not take him at 2. Other than that I see no reason why they would be a wild card. If somehow the Texans don't take Clowney we know Atlanta will jump up to to the #2 pick to take him. I consider the Browns and Raiders bigger wild cards. Even then, I see the Browns taking Watkins and snagging Carr with their second first rounder. I don't think if Manziel was there that they would take him. Same with Oakland. If Bortles is there at #5 for the Raiders I think they give him huge consideration and let him sit behind Schaub. They could easily take any of these guys if they are there : Watkins, Mack, Matthews/Robinson, or Bortles. I'll event throw Manziel in there, but I don't think he is their guy. They are easily the biggest wild card from our point of view. No doubt about it in my mind.

You're probably right.  They seem to stay the course when they draft.  I could see them trading out of the spot if Manziel goes first overall and the Falcons want to give up their future to trade up and grab Clowney. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's just assuming they're dumb. They have to see, like all of us do, that Bradford is not the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans aren’t taking Manziel. Jags might but I still think they want Watkins or Mack more. I think Browns are taking Carr at #4 if Watkins is off the board since waiting on a QB at #26 is predicated on Watkins being available. Oakland is the wildcard to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans aren't taking Manziel.

If they keep the first overall pick, they will take Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Manzeil, but if I'm the Texans I'd still take Clowney. Good Luck against Watt and Clowney. We'll see though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure the Rams know Bradford isn’t the answer, but more likely than not I think they’ll use this draft to try to surround him with talent/cover up his definicies. It would be hard for any NFL QB to suck behind a good line and throwing to Watkins/Austin/Bailey/Cook and handing off to Stacy. He COULD actually look decent if they play their cards right. However, I do think they should go ahead and grab a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Manzeil, but if I'm the Texans I'd still take Clowney. Good Luck against Watt and Clowney. We'll see though.

They don't have a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Texans go Clowney or TB. But, that’s just me.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

If I'm GM I am not passing on Clowney but I could see the Texans taking a chance on Manziel as he is from there. If they do, we all get to sit back and watch that whole thing unravel. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Texans go Clowney or TB. But, that's just me.

If TB is Teddy Bridgewater, and not Terri Bradshaw, that is just you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If TB is Teddy Bridgewater, and not Terri Bradshaw, that is just you.

No, I didn't mean "Terry" Bradshaw. I still believe they go with Clowney and end up with the nastiest D-Line in the NFL for years. If they go QB, it will be Teddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why exactly are you hunting a Donkey?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Texans take Clowney and team him up w/ Watt. Come back the second day and w/ the first pick select a QB. Maybe, Garroppolo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would sure screw over the Texans fan base if they did that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Terry Bradshaw has retired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would sure screw over the Texans fan base if they did that.

Cool by me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel to Houston just makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Aggie fans that don’t root for an NFL team should be instantly drawn to the Texans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel to Houston just makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Aggie fans that don't root for an NFL team should be instantly drawn to the Texans.

Most of them are Cowboys fans.  They would instantly switch to the Texans if the Texans got Manziel.  The Texans would be "America's Team".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The floor for Manziel is Tony Romo, and the ceiling is much higher IMNewlyFoundOpinion. If the Bucs were to draft Manziel I'd be happy, even if they had to trade up.  Still think the Browns will trade up #2 for him though.

Respectfully, I think you have it backward. Manziel's ceiling is Tony Romo. His floor is much lower. Playing QB is really hard. You can't say anyone short of Andrew Luck has a floor of a multiple Pro Bowl passer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel to Houston just makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Aggie fans that don't root for an NFL team should be instantly drawn to the Texans.

Most of them are Cowboys fans.  They would instantly switch to the Texans if the Texans got Manziel.  The Texans would be "America's Team".

*Are*? You have any proof of this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was just on their campus a few weeks ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"shopping"??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That place is not far from Houston.  The Texans would be sold out if they draft him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, no data. Just making crap up again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord kid, 871 posts later and you still ain't funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"shopping"??

Highly doubt he was in College Station "a few weeks ago".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord kid, 871 posts later and you still ain't funny.

Nothing funny about wishing injury on anyone.  That was the point of my post.  Sorry it went over your head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry guys but come draft day I only see 1 QB going in the top 5 and maybe, just maybe 2 going in the top 10. None of the 3 top QB’s is what the network draft pundits call a plugin play QB as a rookie. With that said, why would you use a top 10 pick on a QB that’s going sit a year and learn. Manziel scares me. Does anyone really think Johnny Football is going to sit a year. While he is athletically talented I think the speed of the NFL is going to make his transition problematic. Bortles had a really good season in the AAC but he is an unfinished product and like Manziel will need time to develop. Bridgewater is the most NFL ready QB on tape but he has red flags also based on his size. Will he hold up to the rigors of the NFL? I hope I'm wrong for the Bucs sake. The more QB's that go in the top 5 selections pushes a quality player down the draft board to the Bucs. IMO Cleveland is the only team in the Top 5 that will select a QB. Minnesota is the other possibility for a QB. Now if the QB's start to slide that opens the door for the Bucs to trade back with a team that might want want one of the top rated signal callers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The answer to your first paragraph buck is simple.They do not think glennon is the future and they know mccown has limited time. Lovie knows he can make this defense work, but wants to establish an offense. Outside of mccown, there is no "lovie's guy" or "tedford's guy."The timing could be right. With glennon and mccown there, there is no rush. They can do whatever they want with this first pick, and people can't say sh1t until three years later anyway. In the meantime, we have TWO backup plans.Now is a good time to draft a qb for the bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry guys but come draft day I only see 1 QB going in the top 5 and maybe, just maybe 2 going in the top 10. None of the 3 top QB's is what the network draft pundits call a plugin play QB as a rookie. With that said, why would you use a top 10 pick on a QB that's going sit a year and learn. Manziel scares me. Does anyone really think Johnny Football is going to sit a year. While he is athletically talented I think the speed of the NFL is going to make his transition problematic. Bortles had a really good season in the AAC but he is an unfinished product and like Manziel will need time to develop. Bridgewater is the most NFL ready QB on tape but he has red flags also based on his size. Will he hold up to the rigors of the NFL? I hope I'm wrong for the Bucs sake. The more QB's that go in the top 5 selections pushes a quality player down the draft board to the Bucs. IMO Cleveland is the only team in the Top 5 that will select a QB. Minnesota is the other possibility for a QB. Now if the QB's start to slide that opens the door for the Bucs to trade back with a team that might want want one of the top rated signal callers.

Kid is scary accurate, and ballsy. Makes plays outside the pocket. He probably doesn't have to sit to be effective, and that's why I think he'll go top 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whether it be here, St. Louis, Jacksonville, or Cleveland, he’d have to at least compete to start as a rookie anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The answer to your first paragraph buck is simple.They do not think glennon is the future and they know mccown has limited time. Lovie knows he can make this defense work, but wants to establish an offense. Outside of mccown, there is no "lovie's guy" or "tedford's guy."The timing could be right. With glennon and mccown there, there is no rush. They can do whatever they want with this first pick, and people can't say sh1t until three years later anyway. In the meantime, we have TWO backup plans.Now is a good time to draft a qb for the bucs.

I agree that a future QB is a necessity. I just don't think Teddy or Blake are what the Bucs are looking for.  Manziel is to much of a boom or bust pick and I don't see his personality meshing with Lovie Smith.  I think Carr, Garoppolo, McCarron and Mettenberger might be better fits for the Bucs in the 2nd round. The Bucs could grab either the elite LT, WR or TE with the first selection, then come back with the QB they want to tutor behind McCown for a year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry guys but come draft day I only see 1 QB going in the top 5 and maybe, just maybe 2 going in the top 10. None of the 3 top QB's is what the network draft pundits call a plugin play QB as a rookie. With that said, why would you use a top 10 pick on a QB that's going sit a year and learn. Manziel scares me. Does anyone really think Johnny Football is going to sit a year. While he is athletically talented I think the speed of the NFL is going to make his transition problematic. Bortles had a really good season in the AAC but he is an unfinished product and like Manziel will need time to develop. Bridgewater is the most NFL ready QB on tape but he has red flags also based on his size. Will he hold up to the rigors of the NFL? I hope I'm wrong for the Bucs sake. The more QB's that go in the top 5 selections pushes a quality player down the draft board to the Bucs. IMO Cleveland is the only team in the Top 5 that will select a QB. Minnesota is the other possibility for a QB. Now if the QB's start to slide that opens the door for the Bucs to trade back with a team that might want want one of the top rated signal callers.

Kid is scary accurate, and ballsy. Makes plays outside the pocket. He probably doesn't have to sit to be effective, and that's why I think he'll go top 2.

Accuracy in college is one thing. If Manziel throws up those jump balls like he did at times @ Texas A&M, he's going to get picked a lot in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did throw up some jump balls when he broke the pocket, but what seperates Manziel is that when he stays in the pocket he is very accurate from what I’ve seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did throw up some jump balls when he broke the pocket, but what seperates Manziel is that when he stays in the pocket he is very accurate from what I've seen.

If the Bucs do select him then I truly hope your right for our teams sake. I've never been a big fan of QB's with happy feet. But then again I'm an old school football fan that doesn't care much for the new age Slash QBs that are permeating the NFL nowadays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did throw up some jump balls when he broke the pocket, but what seperates Manziel is that when he stays in the pocket he is very accurate from what I've seen.

If the Bucs do select him then I truly hope your right for our teams sake. I've never been a big fan of QB's with happy feet. But then again I'm an old school football fan that doesn't care much for the new age Slash QBs that are permeating the NFL nowadays.

What did you think of Steve Young and Fran Tarkenton?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will be interesting to see how JFF’s career plays out in a few seasons. I would say half the population will be right about him, and the other half wrong.. lol. Me personally, I take him all day if be makes it to 7..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is going to be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years. He has the it factor to him you can’t teach and he loves the game. He shouldve won back to back Heisman, but his shitty D couldn’t hold a lead. Otherwise A&M finishes in the Top 5 and he cruises to another one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or if the Rams were smart, they would just take him.

Seriously. Sam Bradford sucks and they pay him a fortune for it .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What did you think of Steve Young and Fran Tarkenton?

They weren’t as self centered as Manziel is, which will be his downfall. Manziel’s ceiling is Michael Vick.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.