Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 70 reply threads

• Author

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

Jesus H Phuk batman. No speed, no ability to make people miss, and vision that would make Hellen Keller laugh… It’s nice seeing the Muscle Hamster show some juice but forcing Sims above Rainey and James has gotten laughable.My one negative tonight side from the penalties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had a bad drop as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims is a project.  He is going to take some time unfortunately.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Reminds me of Pittman refuses to explode through a lane ..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t see running back as a developmental position. And if he is a development, what is his skill that we’re trying to refine? It’s not like he’s some burner to get a handle on. Dude's been garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't see running back as a developmental position. And if he is a development, what is his skill that we're trying to refine? It's not like he's some burner to get a handle on. Dude's been garbage.

:(They need to develop him into a third down back.  He is thinking too much to be a bellcow back. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i thought we were getting a matt forte type back, looks like we got his weenie grandma instead

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

I didn’t understand the hype he was getting coming into this year. He is not helping his case at all. Gimme Rainey

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

v

I didn't understand the hype he was getting coming into this year. He is not helping his case at all. Gimme Rainey

Agreed. Sims played himself into a #3 back. He looks slow, he has very little in the way of jukes, his straight line speed, and more importantly his ability to accelerate there, is not good. Plus that easy drop, maybe he is hearing footsteps? That is a serious prob. Might mean he is afraid of contact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should’ve just drafted a guard with this pick.We'd be set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should've just drafted a guard with this pick.We'd be set.

Whom would you have selected? (Hindsight not withstanding…as in who did you covet at the moment?)He was an odd pick, I recall. Didn't hate it, but didn't quite understand it other than Lovie wanted a versatile back and this guys NCAA production wooed Lovie Smith. He wasn't flashy in college, not really explosive. He looks to be a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not going to give up on the kid just yet.  Yes, there is much to be desired and he has two more games to prove it.  We shall see just how bad he wants it.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Whom would you have selected? (Hindsight not withstanding...as in who did you covet at the moment?)He was an odd pick, I recall. Didn't hate it, but didn't quite understand it other than Lovie wanted a versatile back and this guys NCAA production wooed Lovie Smith. He wasn't flashy in college, not really explosive. He looks to be a bust.

I don't know one Buc fan who was happy with this pick. We accepted it and hoped for the best. Doesn't look great yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s just no sense in him being above Rainey on the depth chart. Rainey gives it 110% every snap, and is the only RB we’ve had the last two years that could produce even when the oline is garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims doesn’t seem like an I formation type of a back.  If he has to hit a hole with authority he seems lost.  I think he will be better used as a gadget player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fantastic pick. Lead us to the #1 and we got winston. A better pick might help us win another game and we’re stuck with not Winston. I’ll take last year’s draft everyday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus H Phuk batman. No speed, no ability to make people miss, and vision that would make Hellen Keller laugh... It's nice seeing the Muscle Hamster show some juice but forcing Sims above Rainey and James has gotten laughable.My one negative tonight side from the penalties.

Some of us, Me, called his suckage from day one.....finally, others are starting to recognize. Dude does the cha, cha, cha every time he touches the ball which annoys the hell outta me!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

time to do what? Either you've got it or you don't. And he ain't!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To me, I just don’t see anything that he may add or has the potential to add. He’s not overly fast, can’t juke at all, doesn’t run with power and in both blocking and running games shows nothing resembling competent vision. He has no skills that you can mold into anything other than maybe size. Jeff Demps was blazing fast and the idea was maybe you can utilize that. What does he bring?Martin looked the best he's looked probably ever tonight, Rainey did what he usually does and made the most out of the nothing he was given, and Mike James had some damn impressive runs.We have 3 backs who at least show SOMETHING that can play out on the field, and all 3 have shown flashes in real NFL games of stardom. Sims is just flat out awful at everything required of playing the position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whom would you have selected? (Hindsight not withstanding...as in who did you covet at the moment?)He was an odd pick, I recall. Didn't hate it, but didn't quite understand it other than Lovie wanted a versatile back and this guys NCAA production wooed Lovie Smith. He wasn't flashy in college, not really explosive. He looks to be a bust.

Gabe Jackson… I remember some on this board (myself included) were very surprised by the Sims selection as the Jackson pick made so much sense.  Most irritating pick or non pick of the L&L regime so far.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I just rewatched the first quarter. Sims didn’t look bad on his plays. A pretty good run was called back and he also looked good on the screen pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gabe Jackson… I remember some on this board (myself included) were very surprised by the Sims selection as the Jackson pick made so much sense.  Most irritating pick or non pick of the L&L regime so far.

Tre Turner for me. Sims was a Myron Lewis-esque pick. We are all used to it by now. We say "who did we just draft?" and cross our fingers hoping the FO didn't just waste another pick. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims was a complete waste of a draft pick. It was a joke having him out there with the first team and having James sitting on the bench.James is a better RB in every facet of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims was a complete waste of a draft pick. It was a joke having him out there with the first team and having James sitting on the bench.James is a better RB in every facet of the game.

Agreed. Runs with purpose. Hits hard on blocks. Has “reliable” hands, I suppose. He gets in and does decent things. I really like Mike James, he is more Matt Forte than Sims is. It's a shame that he will get cut. Or Rainey...just to satiate a need to see if "their" toy is better than the ones they inherited. Sims is a seventh round type back. I indeed crossed my fingers with this kid. At the time, Martin was getting hurt or running like a true hamster out there. But it was a head scratcher considering team needs, and the mentality that Lovie has regarding power football. He had to have seen the roster and said, "We need linemen. But wait!  Sims is still around...get the horses and THEN we will worry about the stable."Lovie is clueless when it comes to linemen. His best was probably Olin Kreutz. And I hated that dude for constantly rocking his snapping hand...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Total waste of a pick.  James is a better back.  Players on the board I am sure we all would have felt better about taking.Gabe JacksonTre Mason (if we really wanted RB)Trai TurnerBryan StorkTelvin Smith

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the time, I wanted Tampa to take Gabe Jackson. He would've instantly brought in some push in the run game with his size. I guess Lovie really was under the impression Carl Nicks was going to play for us. That's really my only justification for not picking a guard but even then, the RG position was at the time very bleek.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

v

I didn't understand the hype he was getting coming into this year. He is not helping his case at all. Gimme Rainey

Agreed. Sims played himself into a #3 back. He looks slow, he has very little in the way of jukes, his straight line speed, and more importantly his ability to accelerate there, is not good. Plus that easy drop, maybe he is hearing footsteps? That is a serious prob. Might mean he is afraid of contact.

It's the stutter step as soon as he takes the hand off that's killing me.  Dude hit the freaking hole and get some yards man...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought he looked decent had a good run called back and made people miss on his screen pass if he’s out in space I think he can be a weapon.if you guys want to take about waste of a draft pick asj is the easy choice. Sims is basically a rookie. Dude shouldn’t of played at all last year imo hedidn’t look remotely healthy until about week 15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims just needs more time to develop. I would love to see James back up Martin, I have always loved Mike James especially before he got hurt a couple years ago.MartinJamesRaineySimsI think this is how the depth chart should look.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lots of people rewriting history on here. Hate and I were among the few that called the Sims selection a waste of a draft pick when our offensive line was in shambles.RBs don't develop, they either have it from day 1 or they don't. The 1 thing he brings to the table - the ability to catch - is something that I never saw as a skill that was lacking from Doug Martin, though many would argue that every time I mentioned it. Martin showed again last night that he's a capable receiver out of the backfield. Sims wasn't needed, and I hope that Licht learns from this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims just needs more time to develop. I would love to see James back up Martin, I have always loved Mike James especially before he got hurt a couple years ago.MartinJamesRaineySimsI think this is how the depth chart should look.

Agree on the depth chart...the problem with Sims is that you shouldnt be drafting "development" runningbacks in the 3rd round.  When you can take starting level guards/centers in this round, it makes sense why Buc Nation let out a collective "who?" with our third pick last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never understood what the FO saw in this kid and I still don’t see it.  Give me more Rainey and James, please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, my biggest gripe from day 1 has been that Tre Mason was still on the board if we were desperate for a running back. But hey, why take college football’s best non-QB when you have a poor man’s Percy Harvin available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t like the pick when it was made and to this day the Bucs RB situation is not in dire need of Sims.  Sims would be nice if he was a change of pace back but he seems lost out there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer James...Bigger back with some giddy up....less turnover issues...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's the stutter step as soon as he takes the hand off that's killing me.  Dude hit the freaking hole and get some yards man...

cha, cha, cha!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer James...Bigger back with some giddy up....less turnover issues...

I really enjoyed the couple games back in 13 I think when we got to see both of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to wonder how much influence Tedord had over the draft last year. ASJ in the second, Sims in the 3rd were both questionable picks. ASJ at least appears to have some measurables, but Sims has shown no signs of being even a serviceable NFL running back. You have to wonder if something about his game made him a “system fit” for Tedford.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am sure we could find a better waiver claim than Sims that may at least add some special teams value.  Cut Sims put him on the PS.  Martin, James, Rainey are a good trio and the James and Rainey can play ST

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here, here.  Loved him at Miami, thought he was a steal when we got him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The comparisons to Forte were/are laughable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd have to agree with that.  He look nothing like Forte, and hasn't since he's been here.  Waiting to see that for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Sims could still be a good player.  But it is unfortunate that he was clearly a guy that Tedford lobbied for.  In all the draft reports, it was mentioned that Tedford tried to get him to transfer to Cal instead of WV when Sims decided to leave Houston.  I wonder if we would have drafted him if Tedford wasn’t around.  My concern with Sims is that while I think he could be a good change of pace guy, who brings some speed and pass catching ability, it is hard to keep him over a guy like James who does everything well, is a special teams contributor, and can play FB in a pinch too.  His ball security and pass blocking really scare me.  Ultimately, I think all 4 (Doug, Rainey, Sims, and James) make the team.  Sims seems like a wasted pick, but let's hope he can develop. I remember seeing him at Houston, and he was definitely an explosive player.  He had a rough break by getting the ankle injury last year, so he hasn't had as many reps as you would hope.  I doubt they cut him, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed he can contribute with more reps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes 100%. Sims can't touch Forte. Martin/James combo with a little Rainey sprinkled in sounds good to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've said that from day one. I'm of the mindset that you can make a highlight reel for anyone.....i never seen his. Even his college tape is lackluster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've said that from day one. I'm of the mindset that you can make a highlight reel for anyone.....i never seen his. Even his college tape is lackluster.

Could’ve. Had. Tre. Mason.Still not over that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you hear them rave about James not only running hard but most importantly picking up the blitz?  I know they see that in the RB room.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with Boid on this one. From everything I have seen from James in the preseason, I wouldn’t have him on the bubble. He has been playing a complete game. I think we go into the season with four backs, that position sees injuries more than most. Martin, Sims and James have had some significant injuries somewhat in recent history too. I’d be upset if we lost Rainey or James because of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could've. Had. Tre. Mason.Still not over that.

My guy was Jeremy Hill....wanted him when we took the big softie, ASJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lots of people rewriting history on here. Hate and I were among the few that called the Sims selection a waste of a draft pick when our offensive line was in shambles.RBs don't develop, they either have it from day 1 or they don't. The 1 thing he brings to the table - the ability to catch - is something that I never saw as a skill that was lacking from Doug Martin, though many would argue that every time I mentioned it. Martin showed again last night that he's a capable receiver out of the backfield. Sims wasn't needed, and I hope that Licht learns from this.

Total waste of a pick, the only reason he will hang around is his draft position, if  he was not a Licht pick he would be cut and out of the league, awful pick.  Sometimes you wonder, what the hell were they watching in college on tape, do not see anything that says NFL back in this guy...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course, but he LSUFreek's Freeman take never gets old

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus H Phuk batman. No speed, no ability to make people miss, and vision that would make Hellen Keller laugh... It's nice seeing the Muscle Hamster show some juice but forcing Sims above Rainey and James has gotten laughable.My one negative tonight side from the penalties.

Some of us, Me, called his suckage from day one.....finally, others are starting to recognize. Dude does the cha, cha, cha every time he touches the ball which annoys the hell outta me!!

Son of Mike 'Blades of Grass' Pittman

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know that Lovie compared him to Matt Forte, but this seemed at the time to be a Tedford pick, not a Lovie pick. Go watch his tape from his days in Houston, not West Virginia, and you'll see what I mean. I'm not worried about his hands (drops happen, it's a small sample size), but I don't ever see him as a full-time, bell-cow back. Though there's nothing wrong with a committee.

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

Didn’t like the Sims pick to begin with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

someone should pull the old threads about when he was drafted. At first most of us were thinking “this is a stupid pick” then many changed their minds and defended it vehemently. Now the pendulum has swung back to the initial thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

someone should pull the old threads about when he was drafted. At first most of us were thinking "this is a stupid pick" then many changed their minds and defended it vehemently. Now the pendulum has swung back to the initial thought.

Feel like that can be said with a lot of the LL movesFans originlally - F THISListening to some Lovie/Media fluff pieces - Ayight I can see how this might work, lets goResults - F THIS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

someone should pull the old threads about when he was drafted. At first most of us were thinking "this is a stupid pick" then many changed their minds and defended it vehemently. Now the pendulum has swung back to the initial thought.

Feel like that can be said with a lot of the LL movesFans originlally - F THISListening to some Lovie/Media fluff pieces - Ayight I can see how this might work, lets goResults - F THIS

I was never fluffed about Sims

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Jeremy Hill coming out, but figured we couldn't afford to spend a top tier pick on RB with the holes on the roster.  in fact I felt like a clown because I said immediately before the choice - and I quote: "well, we know it's not going to be a running back!"  When the pick was read, I was stunned and pretty disappointed.  That hasn't changed.  ASJ and Simms were both problem picks for me, because I had heard some very bad things about  and seen some ugly images of Carl Nicks' foot, and I thought the draft had a lot of quality OLinemen available with those second day picks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the team should stop trying to force Sims into being the downhill back.  They need to use him in space that way he isn’t thinking too much.  As a traditional I formation RB he looks lost. But using him on counter or draws would work a lot better with Sims’ skill set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the team should stop trying to force Sims into being the downhill back.  They need to use him in space that way he isn't thinking too much.  As a traditional I formation RB he looks lost. But using him on counter or draws would work a lot better with Sims' skill set.

Not built to take a shot. He is like hay covered in cement. Soft inside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

v

Yup. He's dancing. On the ceiling. Problem is: Gravity. ADW is right about utilizing him properly. He needs a lead blocker, or he needs to swing out from the I form and shift into the slot where he may be able to beat out a safety or linebacker mismatch. He is very average, and he is what he is. However, he can be useful as a gadget back. Running backs don't really "develop". They are born ready.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Running backs don't really "develop". They are born ready.

This....either they got it or they don't. In my mind, he ain't got. What a waste.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t lie this was me. I can see the vision they had with Sims based off what he can bring to the table. He still has time to turn it around though just needs to get in the game and stop acting timid with the ball in his hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This....either they got it or they don't. In my mind, he ain't got. What a waste.

Totally agree here fellas....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i dont know on sims.  i think he has certainly shown some flashes.  the run against keekly.  the run against the saints last year (just look at nfl.com highlights of the game), the run he busted outside against the vikes, the run that was called back because of weak holding call on ASJ againt the bengals.but he certainly hasnt made anything happen out of nothing.  martin has struggled with this the past couple years, but so far this preseason seems to be getting positive yards out of nothing.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Even the most ardent Sims fan (are there any?) has to admit this. His college tape had 0 "Wow" moments. That's very strange for a running back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally agree here fellas....

Ditto, I missed the original comment, but I agree wholeheartedly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims has shown flashes of his college tape at the pro level.  The problem is the coaching staff has to let him be the gadget guy and not be the cowbell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims has shown flashes of his college tape at the pro level. 

the problem with that is his college tape wasn't impressive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked his college tape.  It showed he can be a nice change of pace guy.  Sims was overdrafted into being a three down back which he clearly isn’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked his college tape.  It showed he can be a nice change of pace guy.  Sims was overdrafted into being a three down back which he clearly isn't.

How much value does he even has a gadget guy? Open field I want Rainey or Martin with it over him. As a bigger guy, James is better.I just don't see the value because everything hes suppposed to be good at, he either hasnt looked very good at or there's someone better than him at it. At this point, giving him touches over Rainey or Martin just seems like wasted plays.

Please wait…

Viewing 70 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.