Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Chase young is a phenomenal player. A good kid. Voted a captain as a rookie. I see a lot of Lawrence Taylor in him.

Tristian Wirfs has played RT at an elite level since his first game. No pre sesson, no OTAs, nothing.

I look forward to this match up more then anything.

Two perennial all pros for the next decade plus.

Chase was foolish to call out Brady. He doesn’t need any added motivation, but this game will not be close.

Bucs 31
      WFT 14

• tampaspicer

Participant

Doesn’t Young play the other side mostly? Won’t he be going up against our lazy D Smith?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Doesn’t Young play the other side mostly? Won’t he be going up against our lazy D Smith?

If thats the case move wirfs to LT! Lol

• Biggs3535

Participant

Most of the time, yes. Young has played 185 defensive snaps on the Left side of the line and 582 snaps on the Right side. So, he lines up on the right side 75.9% of the time.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Sweat has more pressures and sacks. That pass rush can be brutal.

But the Bucs get after it from time to time as well.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Hopefully a lot of quick passes on slants and getting the ball out early. Here’s one to dust off — how about a draw play? Like teams have done against the Bucs, scheme plays knowing they are quick to get upfield and use their pass rush against them.

• Garv

Participant

The whole thing is ridiculous. NOTHING wrong with what Chase Young said coming off the field. He’s a great young player, a leader and plays and voices his enthusiasm freely. It wasn’t a damn interview in the first place! As for TB12? Does ANYONE with more than two brain cells believe he needs more motivation to win this or ANY game? Come on now….. LFGoBucs!!!

BTW does anyone else think what the phuck when they see WFT? Every time! LOL

“We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
      as always, GO BUCS!!!

• Natural Selection

Participant

Not sure what Tom “needs” for motivation, but there’s little question he fuels up on stuff like that. Like Jordan used to blow up the smallest slight by an opponent into an outrage. Heard his pregame speech clip from before SB 49, I don’t think that’s him spitting game. I think it is about honor and respect. Which is why he’ll focus on and destroy a corner for giving him a finger wag after after a pass deflection. I agree Chase said nothing “wrong”, but it doesn’t have to be wrong to be fuel for Tom. I see plenty of evidence from past stories and teammates/opponents comments to believe Tom might be feeding off Chase’s “excitement” to match up with him.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Chase Young like this, Chase Young like that, Chase Young with a whiffle ball bat boyeeee!!!!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Smith is getting wrecked this game. Stop hoping he will hold strong. He simply won’t. He will be getting whipped all day.

Offense has to be catered to that fact. Maybe use their speed against them.

• seekpar

Participant

The coaching staff better damn well be working on how to give the OL a little help here and there during this game, particularly on the left side. That said, if the play calling is similar to last week, the Bucs should be okay. Get the ball out quickly to neutralize the WFT pass rushers.

• CyberDilemma

Participant

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that Antoine Winfield, Jr. gets as many sacks or more than Chase Young this game and puts his name in the conversation for Defensive Rookie of the Year. Would make a nice storyline wouldn’t it?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Smith is getting wrecked this game. Stop hoping he will hold strong. He simply won’t. He will be getting whipped all day.

Offense has to be catered to that fact. Maybe use their speed against them.

Disagree.

Smith doesn’t get as much as people think.

Does he get beat? Absolutely.

Usually his penalties cost us more then him getting beat & allowing sacks etc.

I understand his penalties are usually from him getting beat, but hes average or even slightly above when he doesn’t get penalized.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.