Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Chidobe Awuzie

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mgchat76 Apr. 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wolfet
    Participant

I don’t know much about awuzie out of Colorado but just heard on NFLN he was invited to the draft and is thought of a lot more highly by teams than pundits. Said he is a poor mans honey badger and could play free safety and NB. Announcer started to mention Bucs, but got cut off. He’s a guy with some position flexibility that seem to be in the conversation with adore Jackson and Buddha Baker.

What does everyone think about him as a player?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Live4BUCS
    Participant

I liked him more when  I was seeing him there for us in the 2nd round. Great tape. Excellent nickle corner. I would  take him in the 2nd, not first.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

mgchat76
    Participant

I read Matt Miller’s (Bleacher Report) article a couple of weeks ago and he said that he talked to one scout who said Awuzie reminded him of Honey Badger and would be drafted in the 1st round.  Then later in the article he had a mock draft with the Bucs taking him at 19.  Coincidence or was the unnamed scout a Buc?  He’s a good player, but a little undersized.  Good tackler, though.  Not sure if he’d be a CB or safety here.  Interestingly, Miller talked about Curtis Samuel and then mocked him to us in the 2nd.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702148-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-jamal-adams-rising-updated-2-round-mock-draft

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

For some reason NFL teams see him as a first round prospect.  But all I see is a guy that will start his career off as a nickel and eventually transition as a boundary CB.

Now, if he can prove as a rookie he can line up at LCB or RCB I would be impressed.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

wolfet
    Participant

Thanks for the information that was a good read.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

mgchat76
    Participant

Hot off the presses, he links the Bucs to Awuzie again this morning.

“The team has been all over the secondary prospects in this draft, according to a front office source. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chidobe Awuzie drafted here. The Buccaneers are a perfect fit for Dalvin Cook, but my source said he’s unlikely a Round 1 target due to off-field concerns. A defensive end should be added in the first three rounds.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705378-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-draft-buzz-updated-big-board-more

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Hot off the presses, he links the Bucs to Awuzie again this morning. “The team has been all over the secondary prospects in this draft, according to a front office source. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chidobe Awuzie drafted here. The Buccaneers are a perfect fit for Dalvin Cook, but my source said he’s unlikely a Round 1 target due to off-field concerns. A defensive end should be added in the first three rounds.” http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705378-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-draft-buzz-updated-big-board-more

Yeah I saw that and I am thinking that is interesting.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

Awuzie is a better prospect than VH3 was last year.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

BucD
    Participant

Yeah…looking like Awuzie or Adoree Jackson at 19 unless an unsuspecting player is available. I’d rather go offensive weapon or DL on defense. Njoku SHOULD be there and I’d rather we take him than a corner in a deep corner draft. It being such a deep corner draft is a big reason why I dislike taking a corner at 19. That said, the board is what it will be and you take the best guy there.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

mgchat76
    Participant

Pete Prisco seems to think he’d be better at S. I’d be kind of meh on the pick, but I highly doubt a scout is going to tip his hand to Matt Miller in the weeks before the draft, though.  He probably also told Miller that the sky is green and the Earth is flat.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.