Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• QB12

Participant

When the point spread shrinks, what does that mean? That more money is coming in on the favorite (Chiefs) or the underdog (Bucs)? I’ve always had a hard time conceptualizing and understanding this. My guess is when the point spread shrinks, more money is coming in on the favorite and the house is trying to compensate by giving the underdog more of an opportunity to win.

• notabucsfan

Participant

If the point spread shrinks in our favor that means more people are putting money on the Bucs. If the point spread went up that would mean people are putting more on the Chiefs. Also other factors like injuries and what not can change the point spread. I think a lot of people are putting their money on Brady because lets face its Tom Brady. Also we kind of have a home field advantage. If it wasn’t for us playing in Tampa the spread may be even higher.

• QB12

Participant

^^ are you sure that’s correct? That when the point spread gets smaller, more money is coming in on the underdog? Seems to me just the opposite, but that’s why I’m asking.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

If all the money was going to the Chiefs then the line would get bigger in their favor. The line is getting smaller in our favor. AKA more money is coming in on us at that point spread.

• Jon Gruden

Participant

Could have moved on the Fisher news.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.