Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• captain ahab

Participant

“If your big guys can’t block their big guys then you will lose”. This tonight on SNF from Collingsworth and could not agree more.
      The Buc’s offensive line has to be the worst in the league. Winston played poorly, he had no help at all from the offensive line and was under duress the entire game. The NFL network posted a stat of 11 pass attempts and 7 hits with 4 sacks just prior to getting hit in the arm for an up for grabs interception. Not defending Winston’s bonehead mistakes but thinking that Tom freaking Brady would fare no better behind this dreadful offensive line. Licht has neglected the O’line with top rated talent for years, yeah a couple small school guys with Marpet and Cappa. Its O’line time in next years draft.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

“If your big guys can’t block their big guys then you will lose”. This tonight on SNF from Collingsworth and could not agree more.

The Buc’s offensive line has to be the worst in the league. Winston played poorly, he had no help at all from the offensive line and was under duress the entire game. The NFL network posted a stat of 11 pass attempts and 7 hits with 4 sacks just prior to getting hit in the arm for an up for grabs interception. Not defending Winston’s bonehead mistakes but thinking that Tom freaking Brady would fare no better behind this dreadful offensive line. Licht has neglected the O’line with top rated talent for years, yeah a couple small school guys with Marpet and Cappa. Its O’line time in next years draft.

Even when he has time, he misses wide open receivers, misreads the defense. Throws errant balls.

• tog

Participant

The Bucs DO NOT have the worst offensive line in the NFL. In fact, it’s been a pleasant surprise this year (especially run blocking).

Before today (with two backups in), Bucs were 18th in Pass Block Win Rate (which measures how teams hold their blocks for 2.5 seconds).

PFF has them graded as just below average.

FootballOutsiders has them the loewst at 27th.

Sacks are hugely influenced by the QB: https://www.thebiglead.com/2018/10/19/sacks-are-a-quarterback-stat/

• knucknbuc

Participant

blame blame blame everone else. maybe we should blame jameis clock maybe it wasnt set 5 hours early? maybe blame the fish and chips they werent made properly? maybe we can blame the waterboy gaterade wasnt cold enough and the water wasnt high quality h20 which jameis needs.

• delgreco

Participant

Winston does things that make me literally fucking scream and causes me great anxiety on Sundays ( I should reflect on this), but anyone with eyes who watched the game today, saw that he was constantly harrassed. Its hard to know, how good he could be with a decent offensive line. They line did look good at times this year…but not this game for sure. Gross game to watch.

• tog

Participant

Winston does things that make me literally fucking scream and causes me great anxiety on Sundays ( I should reflect on this), but anyone with eyes who watched the game today, saw that he was constantly harrassed. Its hard to know, how good he could be with a decent offensive line. They line did look good at times this year…but not this game for sure. Gross game to watch.

Except he’s also largely harassed because he holds onto the ball too long. Take those two back-to-back Winston sack-fumbles. Do you think that was the OL?

Well Arians doesn’t. Neither did Kurt Warner. Both blamed Winston for holding onto the ball too long and not throwing it away.

The OL was certainly overwhelmed at time. But Winston often gets hit by his own choice.

• Ramonb

Participant

Winston also seems to take sacks in bunches.  The last two weeks he has taken sacks on consecutive plays, in the past there have been several times were he will take several sacks in a short period of time.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Chris Collingsworth quote’ is closed to new replies.