Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Greattimes

Participant

Per https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chris-simms-ranks-buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-no-10-on-top-40-list/ar-AAL8Mac?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Chris Simms ranks Brady as only the 10th best QB in the NFL.
      Anybody who uses Chris Simms evaluations of players is foolhardy (and that is very nice description).

• TBChucky

Participant

Top 5 in yards and TDs I believe.. He also won yet another ring with a new team during a pandemic.. Yeah.. really astute evaluation by Simms..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris has a running back ranked higher than Brady on his list, too funny.

Guess a running back winning is first playoff game means more than Brady winning his 7th ring.

• JC5100

Participant

First of all Simms is the best QB evaluator in the media. And Brady was 9th in QBR this season.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Simms is a hot take merchant, as evidenced by this ridiculous clickbait.

9th in QBR and passer rating as well. Additionally, 3rd in yards and TDs. 3rd in QB DVOA. 2nd highest graded QB for the season by PFF. 10th overall? Nothing statistically is 10th. Nothing analytically is 10th. But the clickbait is 10th. Because his “professional evaluation” takes non football factors into strong consideration.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

First of all Simms is the best QB evaluator in the media. And Brady was 9th in QBR this season.

QBR doesn’t mean dick. Look how much better Rogers and Mahomes QBR’s were. I didn’t see them hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

• JC5100

Participant

QBR doesn’t mean dick. Look how much better Rogers and Mahomes QBR’s were. I didn’t see them hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

So whoever wins the Super Bowl every year is the best QB? Bucs win probability right after Cook’s catch but before his fumble was 4%. You can’t just look at everything in a vacuum.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So whoever wins the Super Bowl every year is the best QB? Bucs win probability right after Cook’s catch but before his fumble was 4%. You can’t just look at everything in a vacuum.

So whoever has the higher QBR is the better QB? By that logic Lamar Jackson, a running back, is a better QB than Mr. 7X… and we all just know what a foolish statement that would be, ami right!

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

Meh…Simms originally made a name for himself by having Brady low in his QB list years ago and Brady kept winning Super Bowls. Some people will never learn…. Is there really any other QB you’d want on this Bucs team next season?

• Barnz1

Participant

Lol. Simms media schtick is to hate on Brady and rank him low. That’s all there is to it. Chris ranked Brady at 15th last season and Cam Newton at 10th. What a great evaluator!

There’s been word going around for ages Brady was not nice to him when he was in NE and he’s been salty ever since.

Go listen to any video around playoff time and after the SB where Simms reviews the games. Dude is so so salty Brady won again and won’t get him any credit. Simms draft QB rankings coming out of college are usually pretty good but he routinely looks like a fool when ranking QB’s already in the league.

• M4X

Participant

I rank Chris Simms #1 in chromosome count. 

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I mean to be fair to Chris, he’s probably factoring in Tom’s age and that father time will eventually get him.

the Bucs offense is loaded with talent at every position. We have back-ups that are better than i’d say a third of the other teams starters – (i.e. Howard, Brate, Jones/Fournette/Benard, Antonio Brown/Miller)

Nobody is more clutch than Brady but from overall view point I can probably rank Rodgers, Mahomes, and Wilson ahead of Brady. Nobody i’d rather have than Tom though considering that magical storyline of bringing us a lombardi out of nowhere

guys like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, etc need to perform at a high level a few more years for me.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

It is crazy how true al Pacino “game of inches” rings true to the Bucs playoff run

That cook fumble in the saints game, the pass interference in the greenbay game were 2 plays that if go the other way could result in losses

• kenntak

Participant

You can play the “what if” game with any team. It doesn’t meant anything. Had the personal foul been called in the playoff game between the Chiefs and Browns, the Browns could have won. They didn’t, so who cares. You don’t evaluate a team and QB on “what ifs,” but on “what happened.” Because what happened is not open to speculation and chance.

• Biggs3535

Participant

First of all Simms is the best QB evaluator in the media.

Lolz, another board idiot made this same claim earlier and got neutered.

• theknees

Participant

First of all Simms is the best QB evaluator in the media.

Lolz, another board idiot made this same claim earlier and got neutered.

Again, give us an example of him claiming someone was a bad pick in the draft who turned out to be good. It hasn’t happened. He’s over valued some QBs but if he thinks you suck before the draft, you rarely prove him otherwise.

• Natural Selection

Participant

He’s only been putting out analysis/rankings for a few seasons now. The only prospect I’ve seen/heard him go into significant negative detail about is Justin Fields. So we will wait and see there. Do you have other examples of QB prospects he openly questioned, right or wrong?

Simms often takes a shotgun approach to his analysis. He will give significantly different and sometimes conflicting analysis in different venues. Or like the 2017 video of him I just watched. Where people give him credit for Mahomes. He said nice things about Pat as a prospect, but then clearly put him behind Trubisky and Watson. Said Watson was his 1 overall but if a team needed a guy to play right away, Mitch was the best choice. That Pat had a high ceiling but was very raw. So people pull a few quotes from that interview to make it sound like Simms was extremely high on Mahomes.

• theknees

Participant

He sensed trouble with Trubisky, stating he would need to see him play more in college to project him as a QB worthy of the first round. Watson may actually be better than Mahomes, the difference being, Watson wasn’t drafted by Andy Reid. Look at Watson’s #s last year and then try to name a receiver on the Texans. It’s pretty amazing actually. Anyways. Simms is the best in the business at projecting success of a QB. Way better than McShay and Kiper.

• Natural Selection

Participant

You’re going to have to source that because I haven’t seen any video of him questioning Trubisky’s first round value. The 48 min breakdown he did for Bleacher Report had him speculating on Mitch to the 49ers at 2. Because he saw him fitting how Shanahan wanted to run his offense (sound familiar?). Simms said he would take both Trubisky and Watson over Goff (from prior draft).

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Watson may actually be better than Mahomes,

LOL!!!!

• theknees

Participant

Watson may actually be better than Mahomes,

LOL!!!!

Yeah, Watson last season had more yards, a better completion percentage, better passer rating, way more rushing yards with a way way way worse support cast. Not sure I understand how anyone could say otherwise. Watson completed 70% of his passes without D’andre Hopkins.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah, Watson last season had more yards, a better completion percentage, better passer rating, way more rushing yards

Watson had 82 more yards playing one more game than Mahomes.

Considering Pat’s career game average, if Pat played the same amount of games; he would’ve smoked Watson in the yardage department.

Even with less playing time, Pat put up more TD’s.

Please stop trying to evaluate Mahomes. You’ve already embarrassed yourself claiming that Winston is a superior player.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

most quarterbacks make the team around them better – i.e. Brady, Rodgers, etc.

Mahomes was on a good team to start his career but he brought them to the next level. They were a playoff contender before him and with the same team became a superbowl threat which puts him in the Brady, Rodgers category.

Watson? He may put up good numbers but the team didn’t win games with him so NO he isnt in the Mahomes category and this has nothing to do with his off the field issues.

Stats can be deceiving ala Jameis Winston throwing for over 5000 yards and 33TDs but not even getting a sniff at a starting gig last year

Stafford is another guy that by the numbers is a top 10 quarterback all time but you are looking at numbers where they didnt play defense and the guy is slightly above average at best as the Rams will come to find out this year.

• theknees

Participant

It’s clear from the board clowns that Watson would be the choice if that draft was done over today.

Mahomes had 9 points vs. a D that gave up 427 yards to the Carolina Panthers last year. Lolz at P. Mahomes.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It’s clear from the board clowns that Watson would be the choice if that draft was done over today.

Coming from the Jaboo knob-slobber that thinks Winston is better than Mahomes.

That’s clown material of its own kind.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Mahomes had 9 points vs. a D that gave up 427 yards to the Carolina Panthers last year. Lolz at P. Mahomes.

That D also forced 4 turnovers and held the Panthers to 17 points. Lol @ yards.

But, since you’re at it, didn’t Mahomes and Co. rack up 543 yards against that defense earlier in the season?

• theknees

Participant

Again. Look at Watson’s supporting cast last year and look at his #s. It’s damn impressive and way better than what Mahomes was doing with Andy Reid and a supporting cast second only to Tampa.Anyone with eyes can see that.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Again. Look at Watson’s supporting cast last year and look at his #s. It’s damn impressive and way better than what Mahomes was doing with Andy Reid and a supporting cast second only to Tampa.Anyone with eyes can see that.

Yes. Watson had a great year. But, he’s not better than Mahomes.

That being said, both are far superior to Winston.

• Donkey

Participant

Chris Simms did a top 10 QBs of all time list in 2019 and had Brady #3. Aaron Rodgers top the list.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Chris Simms did a top 10 QBs of all time list in 2019 and had Brady #3. Aaron Rodgers top the list.

Some moron said this guy is the best QB evaluator LOL!

He has said Zach Wilson is the best QB of this draft class, can’t wait for that to be quickly debunked.

• theknees

Participant

Some moron said this guy is the best QB evaluator LOL!

He has said Zach Wilson is the best QB of this draft class, can’t wait for that to be quickly debunked.

While he may be the goofiest looking guy to ever play the position professionally, he’s going to be significantly better than Trevor. Only Fields has a better chance of becoming legendary than Zach.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.