Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

A report just came out that says he’s “resistant to coaching”. That may be why a lot of draft pundits originally had him going in the mid first round but now he’s dropped to late in the first round.

Personally, if he’s there at 32, I’d consider grabbing him if I were the Bucs. This guy is a beast. He can play DE in a 3/4 setup and will be a nice replacement for Suh after this season.

• Jahhmmon

Participant

Stay away from Barmore. I wouldn’t touch him before the third round. Go with iOL like Dickerson or Humphrey or if an edge falls like Phillips or Ojulari

• Bucman

Participant

Why consider grabbing a guy at all thats resistant to coaching? Thats a recipe for disaster.

• harrybucman

Participant

Why consider grabbing a guy at all thats resistant to coaching? Thats a recipe for disaster.

Every year, around this time, you get quotes from anonymous scouts that are nothing more than smoke screens designed to get a draftee drop a few slots. An athlete can not stay in Bama’s program for 3 years if he is resistant to coaching. If this big boy is still there at 32, turn the card in already.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Sapp said it himself. Is this report based on what Sapp said? If it is someone else saying it then that backs up what Sapp was saying about this kid.

Build the trenches!

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Every year, around this time, you get quotes from anonymous scouts that are nothing more than smoke screens designed to get a draftee drop a few slots. An athlete can not stay in Bama’s program for 3 years if he is resistant to coaching. If this big boy is still there at 32, turn the card in already.

I was thinking the same thing. It’s lying season.

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I forget which scouting media that said to stay away from DT’s in the first round. Their talent is just being pushed up because they’re DT’s. Best to find other talents worth first round selections, preferably at edge.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, let’s slow down on drafting a guy who doesn’t give a damn about the game. I wouldn’t take a flier on him in the late rounds, if this is actually the case.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Sapp is not a scout by any means.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Sapp is not a scout by any means.

Facts. He trashed the Vea pick & said he couldn’t play in the FL heat lol

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Barmore is about the same size as Suh. Suh is 34.

Very quick first step. A QB’s nightmare.

He is a red-shirt sophomore.

He was named College Football Playoff Championship Game Defensive MVP.

He would clearly be my #1 choice for the first round.

Unfortunately 3 or 4 teams ahead of us feel the same way.

Most likely he will be gone at 32 when the Bucs draft

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

if phillips falls to the 20s they need to package a few picks and go get him

• TNEGATIVE

Participant

Sapp also said Vita Vea couldn’t play in Florida’s climate. Shows what he knows.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Draft him 1 overall. Kid is going to be the next Reggie White!

Yeah, let’s slow down on drafting a guy who doesn’t give a damn about the game. I wouldn’t take a flier on him in the late rounds, if this is actually the case.

• theknees

Participant

Draft him 1 overall. Kid is going to be the next Boid Fink’s Mom!

Fixed it for you. It’s weird…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lame

Draft him 1 overall. Kid is going to be the next Boid Fink’s Mom!

Fixed it for you. It’s weird…

• kegan

Participant

If the guy is really resistant to coaching…stay away. However, players are students and students learn, hear, and process differently. The Bucs coaches are excellent teachers. Sapp is not putting hours in studying tape. His input might be important or not… he called Vea “Velcro.” I one sense Sapp was right. Vea doesn’t try fancy moves, he just throws 300lbs guys aside or straight-back into the QB or RB. That normally doesn’t work in the NFL!

• Runole

Participant

I am warming to taking him at 32 despite some of the red flags

• obuc

Participant

Sapp is not a good judge of this kind of stuff. He always has to criticize everyone. but he did say that the guy was totally ignorant of football. He has just used his athleticism and the 5* guys around him to dominate. You cant get away with that in the NFL. They look for guys who love football and it doesnt sound like this guy does.

There will be a surprise DT in there. remember Sapp got it done with guys like Culpepper. The primary, IMO will be a stud at Center who can play all three inside positions and an Edge. Then go after a linebacker and a DT if you can find them.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Culpepper was very technical like Sapp and also used strategy. For all the elite athletic ability Sapp had back in the day people forget the games that Culpepper and Sapp would use to set up interior OL. It was basically two chess masters going up against novices.

When Sapp says Barrimore’s technique isn’t up to snuff he isn’t coming from an angle of jealousy. Athletic ability has limitations on the pro game. Technique, leverage, and strategy are all important.

In other words what Sapp is saying each second when the ball is snapped is valuable. Thus each movement and step must be purposeful and not wasteful.

So Barrimore is sloppy with his technique and doesn’t take coaching. Can he be fixed at the next level? Maybe.

If the light comes on Barrimore SHOULD dominate at the NFL level.

Build the trenches!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.