Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• JoshMcCrownUs

Participant

Watching the flacons jets game, Clayborn already has a sack, a couple of hurries and a batted ball (that I’ve noticed).If he stays healthy, which sadly he never could with us, I could easily see him having a great season and joining the list of esteemed ex-Bucs who have gone on and hit their primes / won games on other teams.One last time for old time's sake: it's a Bucs Life!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not a game changer but I think he will have his best season in the pros if he stays healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have him at DT btw. I always wondered why we didn’t try him there. He’s definitely never lacked for power.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there was a guy that i could speculate would leave the bucs and do well, it would be this guy (revis excluded).I still think it was a mistake to let him go. Even IF it were just for depth. Or at least wait until you have a viable replacement.Trex arm, he is. But the cat has a motor. Too bad the injury bug has plagued him so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i was very vocal about retaining him but i’m not sure i would’ve paid him what Atlanta did. Maybe he balls out and we bring him back. Life is strange!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always like Clay.  He might not have racked up the stats, but he was tough as nails and was a good stout overall DE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could have a siegeure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one armed ass kicker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching the flacons jets game, Clayborn already has a sack, a couple of hurries and a batted ball (that I've noticed).If he stays healthy, which sadly he never could with us, I could easily see him having a great season and joining the list of esteemed ex-Bucs who have gone on and hit their primes / won games on other teams.One last time for old time's sake: it's a Bucs Life!

Outside of Steve Young, I'm having a hard time thinking of ex-Bucs who went on to greatness elsewhere. Even if some list was giant, I doubt Clayborn would be joining it. Just because he looks good in a preseason game. The dude has no real skill to his pass rushing game, he's just a violent DE who wants to bully his way to the QB. He'll always be a solid player for some team, but I don't blame the Bucs from moving on. For a 1st round pick, he played at the level of a 3rd/4th rounder at best and couldn't stay healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching the flacons jets game, Clayborn already has a sack, a couple of hurries and a batted ball (that I've noticed).If he stays healthy, which sadly he never could with us, I could easily see him having a great season and joining the list of esteemed ex-Bucs who have gone on and hit their primes / won games on other teams.One last time for old time's sake: it's a Bucs Life!

Outside of Steve Young, I'm having a hard time thinking of ex-Bucs who went on to greatness elsewhere. Even if some list was giant, I doubt Clayborn would be joining it. Just because he looks good in a preseason game. The dude has no real skill to his pass rushing game, he's just a violent DE who wants to bully his way to the QB. He'll always be a solid player for some team, but I don't blame the Bucs from moving on. For a 1st round pick, he played at the level of a 3rd/4th rounder at best and couldn't stay healthy.

Michael Bennett, Warrick Dunn, Steve Christie, Doug Williams. I'm sure there are more but these came off the top of my head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll give you Williams and Bennett, but Dunn please. I love me some Warrick Dunn but he was a productive player for the Bucs and we won a Super Bowl without him anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doug? Young? Dilfer?Having trouble trying to think of any defenders, but offensively, ..some of these guys have gone off and done some pretty big things.I doubt clay goes on and lights it up beyond his best season here, but im still gonna say he has one of the better chances to do well than a lot of recent other ex bucs.And, to be fair, revis can be included in that disscussion now. So, yeah, ..there IS an exbuc defender we can hate, lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could have a siegeure.

Really dude

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Bennett, Warrick Dunn, Steve Christie, Doug Williams. I'm sure there are more but these came off the top of my head.

Darrelle Revis, Harry Swayne

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn and Beasley collapsing pockethttps://mobile.twitter.com/FalcoholicDW/status/635074176668311552/video/1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adrian’s best attribute as a football player has always been his motor.  He has usually looked very good in the preseason as a result.  He was clearly our best end last preseason.  I also would have liked to bring him back.  He was always a quality 3rd/4th end and borderline starter.  When you tack on a history of injury though, I do get moving on.  The guy just flat did not suit up enough here to be counted on going into any particular season.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

Sad to see AJ Clay go.  Not only a great high motor player but just a great human being. 

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Clay was one of few recent Bucs who was generally liked by the whole fanbase. “High motor and not worth a first, but great guy” seemed to be the general sentiment here.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

If healthy, the rest of his career is going to be fantastic. He was never used correctly here.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

If healthy, the rest of his career is going to be fantastic. He was never used correctly here.

How would you use him?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

How would you use him?

I would have put more emphasis on him as a first round pick and would have utilized him wherever he could be effective on the line.  He could have been Simeon if coached properly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could have been Simeon if coached properly.

Apparently the board ran out of blue ink..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would you use him?

I would have put more emphasis on him as a first round pick and would have utilized him wherever he could be effective on the line.  He could have been Simeon if coached properly.

Pass that ish. I feel like being comically delusional as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would you use him?

You would've intervened Superman-style and turned back time so that his injuries didn't occur? That's about the only thing the Bucs could've done. Classic Red Board, BTW. Bucs dump player, player plays well on a preseason drive or two, player is suddenly loved by Red Board after years of applying the "bust" label, anger at staff/front office for letting him go. Geez.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would you use him?

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AC could’ve been Simeon Rice? Yup, time to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn is average. He is never going to be an elite pass rusher but he is a decent one. lol @ being Simeon Rice. No way man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would you use him?

What? Literally zero similarities.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

How would you use him?

I would have put more emphasis on him as a first round pick and would have utilized him wherever he could be effective on the lineHe could have been Simeon if coached properly.

1) Where could he have been effective on the line? 2) What similarities do you see between Clayborn & Simeon Rice?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang it you show an ex-Buc a little bit of love, turn away for a sec and all of a sudden thread gets trolljacked  by ppl going full retard and comparing him to Rice.This is why we can't have nice things.

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.