Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs face decision on DE Clayborn’s contractclayborn_zpscf01c170.pngBy May 3, the team must decide whether to pick up the fifth-year option on Clayborn’s rookie contract or allow him to become a free agent in 2015. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff Published: April 23, 2014  TAMPA — The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a big decision to make regarding the future of defensive end Adrian Clayborn, and they don’t have much time to make it.By May 3, the team must decide whether to pick up the fifth-year option on Clayborn’s rookie contract or allow him to become a free agent in 2015.Clayborn said he has heard nothing from team officials indicating what direction they plan to go on the matter, adding that he’s not really sure it matters.“Even if they do (pick up the option), it’s not guaranteed,’’ Clayborn said Wednesday. “So, I still have to come out and have a good year.’’The cost of keeping Clayborn is $6.969 million, which the Bucs might deem too much for a left end who has played sporadically since he came to the team.A first-round pick (20th overall) in 2011, Clayborn had 7.5 sacks as a rookie right end, but missed all but three games of his second season with a knee injury. Clayborn came back last year, but recorded only 5.5 sacks.The Bucs signed right end Michael Johnson in free agency, which sparked Clayborn’s move to left end.“It’s been a rough two years for me, being hurt and then last year not playing well when I wanted to,’’ Clayborn said. “But this system is really primed for me to have a good year. It’s up to me to make it happen.’’ rcummings@tampatrib.com(813) 259-7979Twitter: @RCummingsTBO

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope that AC comes out and has a great year. Make it hard for them to let him go. But, it’s an uphill battle for him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If only we could combine his heart and drive with Bowers’ physical gifts…shame

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he is going to have a “coming out” party (not like Mike Sam’s), he needs to get it to happen this year.DE's around this time, start to show whatthey are made of.And if he comes out and bags six or seven sacks, then he is what he is.  A rotational type of guy, or at least, needs to get paid like it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If only we could combine his heart and drive with Bowers' physical gifts...shame

I dont know,  Clayborn has what it takes, I honestly believe that. Lovie will get the most out of him.  I have a feeling out Dline is going to be manly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If only we could combine his heart and drive with Bowers' physical gifts...shame

I dont know,  Clayborn has what it takes, I honestly believe that. Lovie will get the most out of him.  I have a feeling out Dline is going to be manly.

I am optimistic for sure.  Just saying that if AC didnt have the arm thing he would be a perfect book end to Johnson.  If he were built like Bowers, we likely wouldnt have needed to go get Johnson.  Love AC's motor and the violence he plays with between the whistle.  Just wish some of that would have rubbed off onto Bowers who could be downright nasty if he wanted to be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s perfectly suited to be a LE , not a RE , because he has no speed rush , and RT’s are generally slower.Problem is will his Palsy arm hold up ?? He will be leading with it now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He took snaps at LE last year and the shoulder wasnt an issue. He will also share a lot of snaps with Gholston. I doubt the take the option with that high of a price tag though

• Anonymous

Inactive

hope he excels

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.