Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

So, I’m seeing him heavily mocked in the 6-10 range.

Would anyone object to taking him at #5?

I think he’s going to be a stud right out of the gate and for a long time to come.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Not a fan of him,certainly not at 5

Oliver or Simmons at 5

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I like Oliver and wouldn’t mind him at 5.

No way to Simmons at 5.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Simmons @5 is a joke. Imo top 5 for us are Allen, Oliver, Bosa, Ferrell and Q Williams.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Simmons may be the most unblockable dl in the draft, fletcher cox all over again.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I’m not down on Simmons, but I’d only have him on my board in the event of a trade back. No way at #5.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

If were going DL in the first round im taking Ed Oliver.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

@DH ,bucs trade back 10 to 15 range  ,brian burns is my guy.

Simmons is a beast,his buzz will grow as combine rolls on..had a off the field incident back in hs ,but nose clean since.

Love his game, i have oliver 1a ,Simmons 1b

Rashan gary in a trade back in 8 to 10 area.

Either way if I am Bucs ,my first pick is dl ,and one of the 4 I mention.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@penny

Oliver is my #1 guy at this point. May change, but I doubt it.

I’m with you on the D-Line being my target for my 1st rounder. I’m more in the Oliver, Ferrell, Q Williams, Gary camp (as it pertains to order).

If we trade back (ain’t happening) and we’re in the #9 – #12 range, I’m shifting a bit and would have White towards the top.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

I prefer d Bush over white, not as big ,but better all around game imo.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

I wouldnt complain about having Ferrell but I dont see him as a top 5 talent prospect in general though.  Ferrell looks ready to start out the gate now, but I think Gary probably has high potential to develop into a star edge guy.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

If Simmons was softer his name would be Pillow. No thanks to Simmons in the draft.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

@penny

Oliver is my #1 guy at this point. May change, but I doubt it.

I’m with you on the D-Line being my target for my 1st rounder. I’m more in the Oliver, Ferrell, Q Williams, Gary camp (as it pertains to order).

If we trade back (ain’t happening) and we’re in the #9 – #12 range, I’m shifting a bit and would have White towards the top.

OK talent wise DT is obviously a position with some talent at the top of the draft.  But we still don’t know how what percent of the time we need two DTs in there.  Vea is going to be a good DT for a long time to come.  If we draft another DT high in the first round we better be damn sure they are both playing full time.  And I’m not talking about 60% of the time, I’m talking 90+ percent.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Ferrell is my pick for us at 5. I was bummed that he stayed at Clemson last year but He really benefited from staying in school an additional year and still has a lot of upside and room to improve.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

I feel like a lot of the DL at the top of the draft have “finish” problems, Ferrell included. They win, but there are too many occasions where they don’t make the play (this is McCoy’s legacy).

For me, Ferrell is somewhere in the 7 to 12 range. A bit difficult to project.

He wins by get-off-augmented-by-(very good) anticipation, hand-usage, and leverage (and attendant play strength) mostly. So he’s a good speed to power guy, good win-edge/get-even and use hands to create an opportunity to get the QB off the spot…but not a devastating dip and bend-edge 7 tech. He also has a relentless motor. He wins his gap and shocks/sheds in the running game routinely. Also good IQ player.

I don’t see a mature suite of pass rush moves or countermoves, but weirdly, I see more countermoves on his 2017 tape. So some of this may be the fact that he was playing 5 technique quite a bit in 2018 rather than 7 (though as a 7, he isn’t a devastating dip and bend edge player where the QB has to escape instantly or they’re just toast).

He’s somewhat difficult to project because of some differences in 2017 vs 2018. I feel like his NFL career is going to be a great run defender who generates Stuffs and opportunities for TFLs (even if he doesn’t finish them), a player who intuits Screens to break up immediately or runs them down from behind, and a player who gets the QB off the spot (generates Pressures via forcing a pocket climb) but doesn’t finish a ton of Sacks (Brandon Graham-like).

I feel like all of the other guys around him probably have higher ceilings…but he has the highest floor of them all. Its going to be difficult for him to not be a solid football player.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Have you checked out Jaylon Ferguson @DonkeyHunter ?

EXTREEEEEEMELY similar player to Ferrell. Eerily so. Same strengths, same weaknesses. Neither are edge benders or devastating get-off guys but both have + get off and great anticipation. Ferrell’s PoA leverage and play strength is marginally better, but Ferguson’s hand usage and push-pull shed move in both the run game and in pass rush is utterly top notch. Check him out. I bin these guys in the same category. May be able to get Ferguson later due to lack of Clemson exposure.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Ferrell is technically very good with his hands, as are the other top 4. Simmons and Gary are not very much from what I’ve seen. Rankings Greedy or Jonah ahead of Ferrell isn’t close to right either imo

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

@jaboo

You haven’t watched Simmons if you see soft,or dont know the definition….javon kearse was soft,Simmons is anything but soft

Jeffery Simmons is damn close to a former bulldog with his game ,fletcher Cox.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

@jaboo

You haven’t watched Simmons if you see soft,or dont know the definition….javon kearse was soft,Simmons is anything but soft

Jeffery Simmons is damn close to a former bulldog with his game ,fletcher Cox.

Simmons is a good DT but how are you seeing top 5 pick worthy? He does exceptionally well in 1v1 siutations, but not too much when doubled, and a bit inconsistent. DTs who are top 5 pick type of prospects are usually completely wrecking anyone in their way regardless of whos blocking them, and theyre great finishers. Simmons would make a lot of sense if were picking later in the draft but we have a top 5 pick right now (hopefully the last one we have in a long time). Top 5 pick should be a bona fide elite prospect.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

1. He is a dt not a edge guy not being chipped with a back or te,center and guards,over 600 pounds worth..

Let’s be smart about this,Simmons is a beast, I can go back and show you most dt winning some and losing some including 99 on la,93 in Tampa.

Sec he faced the best of the best ,watch his bama tape

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Top 5 pick? Watch q Williams against Clemson ,hot and cold, you want him at 5?

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

This is off the mark from the original post (I like Ferrell) but imo our hope should be tonland one of Bosa, Allen, Q Williams or Gary. In order for me (based out our needs), at this moment:

1. DE/DT Gary

2. DE Bosa

3. DE Allen

4. DT  Q Williams

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.