Coach Rankings: Arians 31st

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    JC5100
    Participant

Patriots are probably low on 4th down attempts because their games have been so lopsided. Their 9 wins come with a 21.8 margin of victory.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Nobody
    Participant

It’s an odd and interesting thing that a coach can be simultaneously obsessed with details and process (“one game at a time” hyper-focus, absolute minutiae-driven technically and when it comes to execution or practice ritual) and simultaneously showing complete disregard for it (“stats are for losers”, not trusting analytics eg going for it on 4th down and passing on 1st down).

Really, all it boils down to is this:

I trust MY FAMILIAR, HARD-EARNED minutiae, details, and process-obsession because I’M COMFORTABLE WITH IT.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

It’s an odd and interesting thing that a coach can be simultaneously obsessed with details and process (“one game at a time” hyper-focus, absolute minutiae-driven technically and when it comes to execution or practice ritual) and simultaneously showing complete disregard for it (“stats are for losers”, not trusting analytics eg going for it on 4th down and passing on 1st down).

Really, all it boils down to is this:

I trust MY FAMILIAR, HARD-EARNED minutiae, details, and process-obsession because I’M COMFORTABLE WITH IT.

Well said.

+1
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

last year teams were 56% on 4th downs…playoff teams 63%.

+1
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

Yessir

Its a complete boondoggle to not go for it on 4th and short in the overwhelming % of situations.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.