Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Whether you want Bowles to stay or go, I can’t believe anyone want distraction of coaching interviews during our playoff run. I, for one, want Bowles focused only on our next opponent.

Why is he taking an interview while we are still active deep in the playoffs?

I keep reading in articles like this: https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels-put-in-request-with-eric-bieniemy-for-head-co
      that teams have to wait on Bieniemy since KC is still in the playoffs. Why not the same for Bowles?

• BucWonder

Participant

I think it’s up to each team to grant permission. The interviews are remote now, not the time wasting in person interviews. Bowles is mature. Arians trusts him. A different situation than normal.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Bieniemy has interviewed for 5 of the open head coaching jobs in the last week +. WTF are you talking about OP?

• Roy

Participant

I don’t think the Eagles job is that desirable right now with the QB situation like it is. Sure the Eagles isn’t the worst team, but its kind of a mess over there. You need an offensive guy in Philly to try to sort that out. And if you hire a defensive guy in that situation you better already know who the OC is going to be. I can’t imagine that Bowles already has a staff lined up.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Bieniemy has interviewed for 5 of the open head coaching jobs in the last week +. WTF are you talking about OP?
      Rate this item:

I keep reading that Bieniemy is holding off on interviews until his season is over…I hadn’t seen anywhere that he already interviewed.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Rate this item:

I keep reading that Bieniemy is holding off on interviews until his season is over…I hadn’t seen anywhere that he already interviewed.

Not sure why you thought he’s holding off when he really interviewed already for the vast majority of open jobs. Hope that clears up any concerns you had about Bowles.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Rate this item:

He’s definitely interviewed, but they reportedly haven’t gone well.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Also now reading reports Eric will interview with the Texans today.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Bienemy is interviewing today with the Eagles too I heard. Not sure how the NFL team’s weekly schedule goes, but don’t they watch film mostly on Mondays and the game plan goes in on Tuesday’s?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d have Wade Phillips on speed dial with the possibility of Bowles leaving.
      ^^mtn^^
      since ’76

• inspecto

Participant

I bet Bowles isn’t going anywhere this yr!

• blah

Participant

I think Bowles stays as long as Brady does. This is as far as he has been in his career too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Brady may make it to 45, so that’s 2 more seasons, we’ll see.

Good point, he’s not been this far, but the fact he’s interviewing says a lot. I know he plays it down, but if he’s truly not interested, why would he waste time just going thru the motions right now?

Now, if everyone feels he’s not head coaching material, fair enough. I would favor him over McDaniels who was a train wreck in Denver. Organizations know Bowles didn’t have ideal conditions in NY.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Brady may make it to 45, so that’s 2 more seasons, we’ll see.

Good point, he’s not been this far, but the fact he’s interviewing says a lot. I know he plays it down, but if he’s truly not interested, why would he waste time just going thru the motions right now?

Now, if everyone feels he’s not head coaching material, fair enough. I would favor him over McDaniels who was a train wreck in Denver. Organizations know he didn’t have ideal conditions in NY.

• Bucman

Participant

Bienemy has a checkered past and clearly is bombing interviews if he hasn’t even gotten a 2nd interview yet in 2 years.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

@Biggs, thanks for the link. Hadn’t seen that. Interesting stuff. Ultimately having your coaches interview for jobs during the playoffs is the mark of a successful franchise, so I guess I’ll pull up my big boy panties and just hope it isn’t too distracting for Bowles. Ha!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.