Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Pewter Report shared the snap count information for the game against the Lions.

Snap count for CB’s vs Detroit

Dean: 100%
        Cockrell: 85%
        SMB: 72%
        Miller: 28%

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I hope so. Cockrell has impressed me more then smb.

Once davis is 100% watch out.

• Detrimental

Participant

interesting. good move if so

• Biggs3535

Participant

I don’t know how much injury/blowout affected the snap count, but I certainly hope that’s the case.

• Madman

Participant

Cockrell has been more than solid while SMB has been horrific. Good move.

• Mic

Participant

SMB just looks like he lacks urgency out there/trying to look cool

• Natural Selection

Participant

His sophomore slump has been disappointing. Hoping his health isn’t just being used as an excuse. He was definitely trending up toward the end of his rookie season and looks to have regressed. He does seem hesitant which could be explained by some lingering injuries. He’s got better physical tools than he’s shown this year, but that’s one of the problems with drafting raw prospects. Obviously it’s not just (allegedly) injury related as he’s busting coverages as well as playing soft/tentative. Though I get not trusting your body can have cascading effects.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Burn-Me Bunting is a bust. He hasn’t shown anything that makes me think he is anything but a liability.

Constantly getting turned around in coverage, always with his hands up in the air, just a confused, no instinct having corner.

I remember all those guys talking trash at the start of the year. They are quiet as a house mouse now…

• Biggs3535

Participant

I remember all those guys talking trash at the start of the year. They are quiet as a house mouse now…

I certainly recall one chest-thumper earlier in the year that is nowhere to be found.

• aquilus

Participant

Say what you will about needing DL/LB help in 2021 I think the Bucs should seriously look at landing
      either

Tyson Campbell
      or
      Asante Samuel Jr.

with a high round draft pick…Im partial to Asante Samuel Jr. mainly because I think we tapped into the bloodlines last year and it turned into gold….why not try twice?

• aquilus

Participant

Samuel Jr., 20, is coming off his junior season with three interceptions, 30 tackles, six pass deflections, two fumble recovers and one force fumble in eight games. In his three seasons with the Seminoles, Samuel Jr. totaled 93 tackles, 29 pass deflections and four interceptions.

Asante Samuel Jr. hasn’t allowed 100+ yards in a single game in his career at Florida State pic.twitter.com/9Hjioum63B
      — PFF College (@PFF_College) November 29, 2020

The 5-10, 184 lbs cornerback is projected in many mock drafts to go in the second round, but he has seen his stock increase. Samuel Jr. was trusted by Florida State to stick top wide receivers on opposing teams with no vertical help. He has some experience covering in the slot but has thrived in off-man coverage. Samuel Jr. is aggressive, super quick and has tremendous balance to make tackles. He plays under control and rarely misses on tackles and has limited mental errors.

Asante Samuel Jr. making plays just like his father 😤 pic.twitter.com/Ls92HMLq2r
      — ESPN College Football (@ESPNCFB) September 12, 2020

• m_j

Participant

SMb is awful but bruce just sait they were resting him for whatever reason

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Herb Miller came in and actually played some good zone defense which we seem to not see a lot. CB depth is starting to look better but we definitely need Davis back for the playoffs.

• Dave

Participant

SMB should be bottom of the pile, dude is straight trash. Interesting stat I have just seen on twitter about another bust of a corner we had to suffer….

Texans CB Vernon Hargreaves fantasy points allowed in coverage:
      2019: 236.0 (most in NFL)
      2020: 190.8 (most in NFL)

Yikes.

• Bucman

Participant

Shouldve just kept Parnell Motley. He cant be any worse than SMB is right now

• seekpar

Participant

SMB reminds me of the name of an old TV show some of us geezers may remember.

Lost in Space

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Shouldve just kept Parnell Motley. He cant be any worse than SMB is right now

He seems like a hot commodity. After the 49ers waived him to their practice squad, Denver has him signed to their NFL roster as of Dec 16th.

Parnell is still a project. Cockrell has been in the league for a while. Herb Miller has a year under his belt already. Parnell is on his rookie season.

• Mic

Participant

That play with Herb Miller got the pick cover 2 zone was played beautifully and is much better than SMB when he is in zone.

Wouldn’t mind seeing more Miller and how he does against the falcons cause anything is better than SMB at this point.

SMB gives too much cushion and loses at the beginning of the route

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Burn-Me Bunting is a bust. He hasn’t shown anything that makes me think he is anything but a liability.

Constantly getting turned around in coverage, always with his hands up in the air, just a confused, no instinct having corner.

I still can’t believe Licht passed up Greedy Williams to draft this clown.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.