Collins & OLINE Rant

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    wesleyc

I would have traded up (or down) at the very end of the 3rd. He said he would of signed if he was a 3rd rounder or higher. It was worth the risk imo, not to mention he was my fav olinemen lin the draft.F*** WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TRUE STEAL OF THE DRAFT IF I WAS THE GM!!!

And what if he hadn't been cleared by police? We have a PR nightmare and just wasted a 3rd round with a team starving for depth. In hindsight it sounds great but there is a reason no one picked him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ultimately this thread comes from a lack of perspective. The offense has been dreadful for a decade and this FO is actually making an effort to fix it. Aside from the LB Alexander, they’ve only drafted offensive players including two OL last year and two premium picks at OL this year. And as someone mentioned earlier, we have first crack at waivers this year. Remember a guy named Donald Penn. Our next Donald Penn may still be out there this offseason.Also, realistically we know that Dotson is an above average starter, Mankins is at least average, and EDS is iffy but functional for a center. Pamphile and Edwards will have more experience as well as the new guys. THIS is what overhauling the O-line looks like. And finally, let's not forget that an offensive unit isn't only as good as it's O-line. Improved skill position play can also make the O-line look better. Winston may be enough of an immediate upgrade on McCown that the line also looks better. Didn't even mention the scheme change yet... This offensive may be much improved RIGHT now and we won't know it until the season starts. Whining about UDFAs is missing the point entirely.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The thing with collins is every team could only offer the same deal, right?  Basically the ball is in his court.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

“I’m just saying we have plenty of time to put some depth and competition at the o-line. “That statement has been worn out around here for about a year. So much so its meaningless any more. How did that work out last year ("we have plenty of time"-we ended up with the worse OL in the league (thank you Lovie-NOT!) - at the very last minute they bring in old man Mankins. The powers that be and all the local media , including PR staff have chosen not to make the OL upgrade an issue to force attention until something is done about it. I don't expect it to change as long as Lovie is here. He hasn't really made it a top top priority in 17 months, why would he start now?The local media's malaise is not surprising. Schiano was fair game for anything (even damning him for something he did not do), but King Lovie has become an untouchable.Disgusting, IMO.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I love the attitude that just because someone thinks we should sign a certain player, that player and the other 31 teams in the league have no say in the matter and he should come here, and if he doesn’t, we are doomed to decades of failure.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You feel local media exerting pressure through their writing/talking is the best way to guide this franchise?Or that they have some obligation to do so and are not fulfilling some civic duty otherwise?  Like there is some media conspiracy to protect the crappiness of our offensive line.Your post comes off a little crazy to me Stan.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure why anyone is surprised, he specifically said he wanted to go to a contender. If that’s the case and if all 32 teams were interested (and I’m sure they were) then I fully expected us to be quite low on his list.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The powers that be and all the local media , including PR staff have chosen not to make the OL upgrade an issue to force attention until something is done about it. I don't expect it to change as long as Lovie is here. He hasn't really made it a top top priority in 17 months, why would he start now?

How is the team spending their second and third round picks on it NOT making it a priority?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The powers that be and all the local media , including PR staff have chosen not to make the OL upgrade an issue to force attention until something is done about it. I don't expect it to change as long as Lovie is here. He hasn't really made it a top top priority in 17 months, why would he start now?The local media's malaise is not surprising. Schiano was fair game for anything (even damning him for something he did not do), but King Lovie has become an untouchable.Disgusting, IMO.

4 draft picks, including 2 2nd round picks plus 2 premium FA's and a trade is not making it a priority?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You feel local media exerting pressure through their writing/talking is the best way to guide this franchise?Or that they have some obligation to do so and are not fulfilling some civic duty otherwise?  Like there is some media conspiracy to protect the crappiness of our offensive line.Your post comes off a little crazy to me Stan.

Of late that would be pretty accurate.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There will still be chances to add depth after teams start making cuts. Last I checked we don’t have a game on Sunday.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There will still be chances to add depth after teams start making cuts. Last I checked we don't have a game on Sunday.

People told me, Hate, and some others to relax last pre-season when we complained that the Bucs looked like hot trash and how did that turn out?It's not too early to start having concerns. Free agency is basically long over, the draft is done, and our roster is pretty much how it's going to look going into week 1. It's not like we're going to be signing a bunch of All Pros before September.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

WTF? Did we offer anything? Did we call? Did we even send an email to his AGENT? Anything?Why are we standing pat after drafting 2 count them 2 OLineman? You keep adding to the Group until your OLINE is fixed. WE didn't even bring in any UDFA OLINEMAN.... WTH. Our starting OLINE was CRAP last year. Our reserves and Bench OLINE guys were CRAP last year. HELL GILKEY is still on the ROSTER! HE would be better served picking up weights in the weight room. The guy isn't quality or average at any OLINE position.This is beyond Stupid if these guys (Smith & Marpet) Can't PLUG n PLAY then Lovie & Licht best be gone. I wont even go into the DLINE and DE issues... F* ME~ Shouldn't surprise me in the least!OFF the SOAP BOX NOW~ THANKS!

I'm sure they didn't even check into signing a top 10 offensive lineman on the cheap. Who would want that? Seems like a lot of work. What are you kidding me OP? I'm sure the Bucs and EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league wanted this guy on the 3 year deal for 2 million he signed.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There will still be chances to add depth after teams start making cuts. Last I checked we don't have a game on Sunday.

People told me, Hate, and some others to relax last pre-season when we complained that the Bucs looked like hot trash and how did that turn out?It's not too early to start having concerns. Free agency is basically long over, the draft is done, and our roster is pretty much how it's going to look going into week 1. It's not like we're going to be signing a bunch of All Pros before September.

Jeff, and they are still saying it.RHB, thank you I agree.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

jeezus still can't believe the Cowboys got the two biggest steals of the draft in Gregory and Collins..i hope both of them have an enormous impact so that the next GM for the Bucs would be willing to take chances on players who are worth it. nice job Cowboys scouting department you really hit it out of the park this draft yet again.

Re: Gregory - Daniel Jeremiah was on Move the Sticks and said that he's yet to talk to a personnel guy who thinks Gregory makes it. He had one GM tell him that he wouldn't take him if the draft were 12 rounds.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.