Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• spartan

Participant

A report alleging John Kerry may have colluded with Iran when meeting with its foreign minister during the Trump administration is drawing comparisons to the situation of retired Gen. Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to giving false statements to the FBI that included statements regarding his communications with a Russian ambassador.

Retired Gen. Jack Keane, chairman of the Institute for the Study of War, told Fox News that the two instances deal with different issues but he can see why some would draw a correlation.

JOHN KERRY ‘COLLUDED’ WITH IRAN TO UNDERMINE TRUMP, REPORT SAYS

“In terms of what Secretary Kerry was doing and other members of the Biden administration, in my judgment is appalling and it’s reckless and significantly irresponsible,” Keane said in an interview.

“What we’re not used to is previous government officials actually colluding and talking to our enemies, and I emphasize enemy because that is who Iran really is. In the past 40 years, there is no nation-state that has killed more Americans than Iran,” he said.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry gives a press conference after a meeting on Syria, in Paris, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry gives a press conference after a meeting on Syria, in Paris, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus) (Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

Keane said there is a “considerable difference” between Flynn’s and Kerry’s situations, adding that “Gen. Flynn, as the incoming national security advisor, certainly talking to the Russian ambassador is part of his responsibility… which is normal protocol.”

Biden administration officials, including John Kerry and Robert Malley, had meetings with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif during the Trump administration that were orchestrated to undermine President Biden’s predecessor, a recent report from The Washington Times claims. Kerry has been open about the fact that he met with Zarif at least twice during the Trump administration, prompting Trump to say he should be prosecuted under the Logan Act because of the meetings.

The Logan Act bars private citizens from engaging with foreign nations in unauthorized talks that undermine U.S. foreign policy.

Zarif held meetings with Obama administration veterans who could return to power “to devise a political strategy to undermine the Trump administration” and usher in softer diplomacy between the U.S. and Iran, according to an unnamed former senior U.S. official cited by The Washington Times.

Kerry is now Biden’s climate envoy, and Malley, who was part of creating the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) regarding Iran’s nuclear capabilities, is Biden’s Iran envoy.

A judge dismissed the criminal case against Flynn in December. Flynn’s discussions with the Russian ambassador included Russia’s response to U.S. sanctions and a UN security council resolution regarding Israel. Flynn also admitted to filing paperwork under the Foreign Agents Registration Act that contained misrepresentations regarding business with Turkey. His sentencing was delayed due to his cooperation with prosecutors.

In 2019, Flynn began to claim innocence in the case, citing alleged FBI misconduct. FBI records were produced that called their interview into question, including handwritten notes that indicated an internal question as to whether the interview was meant to extract truth from Flynn or to get him to lie so authorities could pressure him with prosecution or termination.

Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, leaves federal court in Washington, Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019.

Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, leaves federal court in Washington, Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019.

“What was not routine is that Gen. Flynn was investigated, the investigators recommended to close the case based on no evidence of wrongdoing, but the top FBI leadership kept it open,” Keane said.

What Kerry and other Democrats spoke about with Zarif is unknown. However, the Washington Times reported that while former President Donald Trump’s attempts to set up a back channel with Iranian officials, meant to defuse tensions, fizzled, Democrats like Malley were meeting with Zarif.

“We don’t know exactly why he rejected it, but we can speculate that Malley, who’s now a part of the Biden team, was possibly telling Zarif that he should wait out the Trump administration and get a better deal,” Keane said.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even I don’t think you’re THAT dumb. Lol. It’s actually in the article. Are you really that twisted about Flynn?

• jbear

Participant

@Karma

Haven’t you spam fucked this board into oblivion enough without spam fucking this one decent thread out of existence? I mean, is it really necessary? I need a rape kit for my eyes every time I dare to check this place out…. since you came back.

The OP is sound as a springboard for discussion… If Alice wasn’t around that is. Thanks for being a douche Alice.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@Spartan — you probably dont even realize you are illustrating “the Cocoon” to absolute perfection, right?

Its been posted here many Trumpers/Conspiracy Theorists “think in reverse,” starting with the belief and then shaping the world around the belief. The alt-right Cocoon plays to this by FEEDING the viewer/reader/follower with stories that play to the belief, all as a way of building and maintaining an audience. Trumpers reflexively respond by sharing, re-posting, parroting the opinion piece, often times never giving any thought to why the story falls flat.

your belief: Flynn was framed

the outlet playing to your belief: Fox News

the vehicle — an opinion piece BUILT around a comment made by a Trump Medal of Honor recipient, Fox news talking head.

Before even getting to why the comparison falls completely flat (note the use of a “?” in the original Fox op ed title and the comment right after the lede: “Retired Gen. Jack Keane, told Fox News that the two instances deal with different issues but he can see why some would draw a correlation” lol) . . . ask yourself WHY would FoxNews (and other alt-right outlets) run a story about a debunked 2018 claim by Trump?

It’s NOT newsworthy right? It is IF you believe the conspiracy theory that Flynn was framed?

• jbear

Participant

you probably dont even realize you are illustrating “the Cocoon” to absolute perfection, right?

DB reply number 2.

And you haven’t actually said one undouchebag word since the thread started. Literally, two sentences, both complete douchebag bs.

• jbear

Participant

Its been posted here many Trumpers/Conspiracy Theorists “think in reverse,” starting with the belief and then shaping the world around the belief. The alt-right Cocoon plays to this by FEEDING the viewer/reader/follower with stories that play to the belief, all as a way of building and maintaining an audience. Trumpers reflexively respond by sharing, re-posting, parroting the opinion piece, often times never giving any thought to why the story falls flat.

Sentence 3, 4 and 5. Do you have any self awareness at all? Do you know what a sociopath is? So many questions so little time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now, just to further prove the poiint above, here is the ORIGINAL “report” and, of course, its from the Washington TIMES and OF COURSE its an OP-ED

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/22/john-kerry-never-got-out-of-bed-with-iran/

“By Charles Hurt – The Washington Times – Monday, February 22, 2021
      ANALYSIS/OPINION:”

THIS IS CHARLES HURTS BIO:

“He is currently the opinion editor of The Washington Times”

he is also an editor at . . . BREITBART

“National Review editor Rich Lowry described Hurt as, “an early adopter of Trumpite populism.” Hurt has written numerous opinion pieces lauding Trump since the 2016 election.”

MY POINT. @Spartan . . you like snow. you are parroting an opinion by Frosty the Snowman BUIT POSTING that opinion almost blindly as truth. and here is the “truth” as offered by HURT . . pay attention to the second paragraph, which he was forced it include to keep any level of readability:

“What Monsieur Kerry and other wash-outs from the Obama administration were doing with Iran was much, much different. They were actively undermining the foreign policy of an elected administration. And they were doing that AFTER Americans voters had clearly chosen a starkly different path for dealing with the terrorist mullahs of Iran.

Although details of Mr. Zarif’s face-to-face conversations with leading Democrats remain murky, one former senior U.S. official told The Times that the Iranian foreign minister held meetings throughout the Trump years, in 2017, 2018 and 2019,” according to the report.”

LOL

• jbear

Participant

Three posts in your first attempt at actual engagement is to discredit the author.

Any respectable non sociopath would at least save this for after at least one or two attempts at an actual counter argument. Not you though huh?

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you go back and look you will see the Washington TIMES beating this drum all the way back to 2015 . . . including by using NEWT GINGRICH

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/21/newt-gingrich-john-kerry-and-lies-about-iran/

• jbear

Participant

Post 4…. doubling down on the bashing author sources and intelligence of anyone dumb enough… you get the point.

Trolling on a higher plain of existence. It’s remarkable really.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know that you and your fellow Trumpers will not care, but figured that since you offered such a PRISTINE example . .of the cocoon . . .

you’re all being used

your deeply held beliefs, no matter how absurd . . are the weakness preyed upon FOR CLICKS

• jbear

Participant

Post 5 right back down in the mud of your first two posts in the thread. “You’re dumb”, “cocoon….”

If anyone posting on this board deserves to be called a douche…. over and over, it is you Alice.

Based on your years of trolling I think you may actually be a danger to yourself or others. Something is really wrong with you.

• jbear

Participant

@Spartan

It should be reasonable for any objective person to at least take a hard look at the similarities. There is no question that people like Alice are complete hypocrites and that is a big part of the problem. I wonder (just kidding) what Alice would have said if Flynn or someone else from the Trump administration had done what Kerry did…. Lol I did say I was kidding right.

Keep up the good fight.

• spartan

Participant

@jbear

I have broad shoulders. Plus it is the modus operandi, ignore the point and attack the messenger.

• jbear

Participant

@Spartan

Having a tough time figuring out why all the scorn is being directed at you this morning from the direction of the board progressive. You wouldn’t happen to be a white male would you? If you have any minority status now would be the time to present your good guy card to head off any more retribution.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“It should be reasonable for any objective person to at least take a hard look at the similarities.”

LOL. That’s the point. most of you are not taking an objective look, youre just being used. There’s nothing personal or derogatory about that. Its just the way it works

If you go on Facebook and day you like ponies, your feed will become loaded with ponies. Same thing here, if you say “Flynn was framed” then all these entities clamoring for your visits just write that “Flynn was framed.” They do iot for the revenue. The flaw is taking the REVENUE effort as REINFIRCEMENT of a false belief.

By the way @JBear, you must like Tucker Carlson. He ADMITS he cannot and should not be taken literally but then a few days ago suggested (again) that you should follow him because everyone else is lying too. he suggested that doing so would be akin to a “reasonable person” taking a hard look”

• jbear

Participant

Or if you like Claire McCaskill and Nancy Pelosi’s twitter feed….

Yeah I do get how the internet works Alice.

You clearly believe that you are the arbiter of the Truth and this is really the scary shit here. Normal person doesn’t respond to this idea by saying “But those guys are liars”.

The fact you don’t get that is your problem because I can find Nancy and Claire McCaskill lies all day long too. It’s called spin. The government is filled with ivy league political science graduates who know how to take a fact and use it to prop up your political agenda. The same fact will be used by both sides to make their own, diametrically opposed case.

I don’t know why I’m wasting my time. Everyone seems to understand this but you. If you understood this, you wouldn’t be saying what you’re saying here. Tucker Carlson is not any worse than your Claire MacCaskill twitter feed. Again…… everyone understands this but you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Having a tough time figuring out why all the scorn is being directed at you this morning from the direction of the board progressive. You wouldn’t happen to be a white male would you? If you have any minority status now would be the time to present your good guy card to head off any more retribution.”

@CoffeeIsland

no scorn

super weak – – like KKKChron level weak — trolling effort

• Anonymous

Inactive

oops, meant @JBear

my bad

:-)

• spartan

Participant

OK numbnuts, obviously you haven’t figured it out yet. This isn’t about Flynn. This is about what is supposedly good for the goose is good for the gander. If, as you say Flynn is guilty and deserves what he got, then there are a number of current Administration members who did a whole lot worse, and should be treated accordingly. No?

• spartan

Participant

Now here is the funny thing in your argument ..

“What Monsieur Kerry and other wash-outs from the Obama administration were doing with Iran was much, much different. They were actively undermining the foreign policy of an elected administration. And they were doing that AFTER Americans voters had clearly chosen a starkly different path for dealing with the terrorist mullahs of Iran.”

When he says “much, much, different” he is saying much, much worse. But apparently that penny did not drop.

• Anonymous

Inactive

here’s the actual funny part:

this is what I actually posted, even pointing it out DIRECTLY TO YOU

“MY POINT. @Spartan . . you like snow. you are parroting an opinion by Frosty the Snowman BUIT POSTING that opinion almost blindly as truth. and here is the “truth” as offered by HURT . . pay attention to the second paragraph, which he was forced it include to keep any level of readability

“pay attention to the second paragraph”

of course . . . you ignored the SECOND PARAGRAPH . . further proving my point ie the premise resonates with you *Flynn treated unfairly) so you completely ignore the very shaky foundation the author is using (2nd paragraph) and obviously ignore that Flynn pled (twice) to LYING TO THE FBI.

I am only curious if that is intentional (you skip over parts of argument you cant or dont want to respond to) or you actually miss it because youre so determined to see the article as supportive of your belief?

• Anonymous

Inactive

” obviously you haven’t figured it out yet. This isn’t about Flynn. This is about what is supposedly good for the goose is good for the gander. If, as you say Flynn is guilty and deserves what he got, then there are a number of current Administration members who did a whole lot worse, and should be treated accordingly. No?”

current Admin members who lied to the FBI?

OF COURSE its about Flynn. Flynn is the lynchpin and the reason the op ed resonates with you. ANYONE . . . anyone . . who does not feel Flynn was a victim would ignore this nonsense. THAT IS THE POINT

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.