Colts just sent 13th pick to Niners for Buckner

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    KyBucfan51
    Participant

Niners have to go WR or Corner.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Diehard Astheycome
    Participant

This guy collapses the pocket, gets you between 7-13 sacks, great against the run with 60-70 tackles and was 4th most effective vs double teams of all Dlineman in the league.
    Pressure in a QBS kitchen, is more effective than from the edge. For years it’s the only time youve seen the great ones struggle. Go rewatch the SB. Part of why Mahomes couldn’t do much was the pressure up the middle.
    A giant DT who is that disruptive does not grow on trees. Besides Donald, who’s without a doubt better than Buckner?
    People around hear worship Vita Vea , and Buckner’s production numbers CRUSH his. Vea plays 58% of snaps and collapses the pocket with a bull rush. Now imagine him never coming off the field , constantly being disruptive but putting up 7 sacks (let alone 12.5) and 60/70 tackles. Yet he’s worthy of a 12 but Buckner not a 13?
    Sapp had 7.5 sacks in our SB run. We all know his value was much more than that. Salary is high but if you want a top 5 guy you pay top 5 money. If there’s a position to pay for , it’s a 3 down DT who brings it against the pass and the run. If you draft a guy like Kinlaw his ceiling IS Buckner.
    Great move by one of NFL top GMs in Chris Ballard.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    California Buc
    Participant

^ you could not have explained it any better…A lot of iDL dont get the praise they deserve like Buckner. Buckner doesn’t have this value to be a pad stats. he has this value being absolutely disruptive like you explained.
    Saying that the Colts lost this trade is very ignorant with the previous comments. They were looking very heavily at the DL, and got an already developed talent with proven production. Both teams won this trade. Emmanuel Sanders might not return to SF, so the 9ers could draft someone like Henry Ruggs. It doesn’t effect the Bucs at all.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    cvillebucfan
    Participant

WR, folks.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

Depends on who is under center for the Bucs next year. If it’s Brady and he has roster input I highly doubt they draft a QB in the 1st round. OT/RB or defense.

On a side note, Jordan Love may be available now.. Any takers?

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Any takers,yea me

But he wont get past chargers,maybe not even the dolphins

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

If Brady signs with LA…I think Love will be there at #14.

Mariota going to the Raiders (and still with Carr on the roster) basically eliminates them. And, I don’t think Miami passes on Tua/Herbert.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

^^^
    I change my mind.

Rivers is only a one year deal.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

Yikes. Is this good or bad for the Bucs picking at #14?

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

If the word out is true about Brady, then the Bucs would probably be better served trading down, adding more picks, and using the extra picks for a RB (or 2), and multiple OL’s.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.