Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 163 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Participant

First thanks for the participation on the boards and the support of Pewter Report. I know the whole Winston/Mariota debate has people emotional, on both sides and that is understandable.But we won't allow personal attacks, sexual innuendos/references and disrespectful comments aimed at the PR staff. No one is saying you can't have an opinion, or criticize. That is fair enough. But personal attacks will result in permanent bans with no warnings. We have no problem with anti-Winston views and posts, or criticism about us because of what we write. You certainly have a right to your opinion about the Bucs, Winston, and even PewterReport.com. But again, some have gone way overboard. Thanks for your understanding.

• Anonymous

Inactive

First thanks for the participation on the boards and the support of Pewter Report. I know the whole Winston/Mariota debate has people emotional, on both sides and that is understandable.But I won't allow personal attacks, sexual innuendos/references and disrespectful comments aimed at the PR staff. No one is saying you can't have an opinion, or criticize. That is fair enough. But personal attacks will result in permanent bans with no warnings. We have no problem with anti-Winston views and posts, or criticism about us because of what we write. You certainly have a right to your opinion about the Bucs, Winston, and even PewterReport.com. But again, some have gone way overboard. Thanks for your understanding.

Those guys are Internet morons. I respect most opinions here. Once in a while (often, actually), I find some goofy argument to get into and have a good time with it. Boid wins. Usually. IMO. I digress. I love both you guys. It's your playground, and you are entitled to your subjective stances as we all are. You guys wrote about something that is constantly evolving and devolving as it may be. It's a tough gig, espescially when you are dealing with a lot of surly morons with no respect. You, and Charlie Campbell have been very kind to me, I have been banned before, no hard feelings. I also have been warned. Fairly. And I have enjoyed your view points and the radio shows and well...even if SR thinks Freetard would be a good babysitter, I am not going to go out of my way to point out he is really a Redskin fan (thanks Grandpa Reynolds! :(). Jk jk JK!  (Did that cross the line?  ;). )You guys are class acts and are basically posters with access we are not privvy to. It is a blessing to have the jobs you guys have. You should be incredibly grateful!  I would LOVE to write for a living. It is a sexy job, and I imagine a fun one, as writing is pleasurable. Otherwise, why would we be here?  You guys get paid to do that. I'm happy for you!  With that comes responsibility.  Objectivity blended with your up close vantage and perspective. Posters who attack you like it is their job should be banned. I think posters that act like jack wagons should be banned with impunity. It's your damned playground, your rules. It's not like they aren't coming back. They do. All of them. Even Morgan. Jesus, and that chick sucked big time. Pure butthole that girl was. So in short, I like your work. Same with Scott. And you guys have given me crap before so it isnt like I owe you anything. Just drop the ban hammer when it becomes obvious the attacks are over the line and repeated. Screw em. Dont even explain it to them. They should know. Just hit em like Colonel Kurtz in Cambodia. They just disappear. And suddenly the place is better. Less insurgency. Love the PR. Use your ban hammer. I look forward to seeing a more Warren Sapp like Mark Cook. It's time to kick over some practice cones!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ufo has been bashing PR endlessly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I would draft Mariita over Winston. Simply because I think Jameis is character concern. Big time. And that is a huge red flag when dealing with QBs. Plus the regression. And the allegations. But either or has to be drafted. I will be furious and ban myself if Lovie resorts to being a coward and strays from one of the potential stud prospects. And Mark, would you draft Jameis over Scam Newton?

• jeebz116

Participant

You PR guys are way more patient and understanding than I would be with some of the jabronies that come around these boards.There's no better place on the Web that a bucs fan can go to interact with members of the media who have direct contact with bucs players and staff as well as share their opinions with other bucs fans.Best on line spot to get bucs info in my opinion. Keep up the good work PR.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to. Joe and I have had our words, some on the boards and some in private, but he hasn't crossed those type of lines at all. I think he is completely nuts, but he has a right to be. Kidding Joe..sort of.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You PR guys are way more patient and understanding than I would be with some of the jabronies that come around these boards.There's no better place on the Web that a bucs fan can go to interact with members of the media who have direct contact with bucs players and staff as well as share their opinions with other bucs fans.Best on line spot to get bucs info in my opinion. Keep up the good work PR.

Appreciate it!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You PR guys are way more patient and understanding than I would be with some of the jabronies that come around these boards.

this is 100% truth.....a sentiment i echo with regularity. To have an opinion is one thing.....i welcome that regardless of how off the wall it may be but the personal attacks cross the line, especially when these same clowns would be kissing up to Scott and MC in a public setting. It leads one to believe that they're making up for what they lack in real world social interaction.

• Anonymous

Inactive

First thanks for the participation on the boards and the support of Pewter Report. I know the whole Winston/Mariota debate has people emotional, on both sides and that is understandable.But I won't allow personal attacks, sexual innuendos/references and disrespectful comments aimed at the PR staff. No one is saying you can't have an opinion, or criticize. That is fair enough. But personal attacks will result in permanent bans with no warnings. We have no problem with anti-Winston views and posts, or criticism about us because of what we write. You certainly have a right to your opinion about the Bucs, Winston, and even PewterReport.com. But again, some have gone way overboard. Thanks for your understanding.

Those guys are Internet morons. I respect most opinions here. Once in a while (often, actually), I find some goofy argument to get into and have a good time with it. Boid wins. Usually. IMO. I digress. I love both you guys. It's your playground, and you are entitled to your subjective stances as we all are. You guys wrote about something that is constantly evolving and devolving as it may be. It's a tough gig, espescially when you are dealing with a lot of surly morons with no respect. You, and Charlie Campbell have been very kind to me, I have been banned before, no hard feelings. I also have been warned. Fairly. And I have enjoyed your view points and the radio shows and well...even if SR thinks Freetard would be a good babysitter, I am not going to go out of my way to point out he is really a Redskin fan (thanks Grandpa Reynolds! :(). Jk jk JK!  (Did that cross the line?  ;). )You guys are class acts and are basically posters with access we are not privvy to. It is a blessing to have the jobs you guys have. You should be incredibly grateful!  I would LOVE to write for a living. It is a sexy job, and I imagine a fun one, as writing is pleasurable. Otherwise, why would we be here?  You guys get paid to do that. I'm happy for you!  With that comes responsibility.  Objectivity blended with your up close vantage and perspective. Posters who attack you like it is their job should be banned. I think posters that act like jack wagons should be banned with impunity. It's your damned playground, your rules. It's not like they aren't coming back. They do. All of them. Even Morgan. Jesus, and that chick sucked big time. Pure butthole that girl was. So in short, I like your work. Same with Scott. And you guys have given me crap before so it isnt like I owe you anything. Just drop the ban hammer when it becomes obvious the attacks are over the line and repeated. Screw em. Dont even explain it to them. They should know. Just hit em like Colonel Kurtz in Cambodia. They just disappear. And suddenly the place is better. Less insurgency. Love the PR. Use your ban hammer. I look forward to seeing a more Warren Sapp like Mark Cook. It's time to kick over some practice cones!

Haha! That line made me literally lol. Thanks Boid for your support, and criticism. I hate having taking over some of the responsibility for moderating honestly. There is a fine line and sometimes it gets a bit blurred on what is worthy of discipline or not. And I try and give it 24 hours before making a decision because I can get just as heated. And I have banned a few or given suspensions that probably were a bit harsh at times. And sometimes I have reversed them when the poster contacts me. I honestly believe even the ones I consider jerks, are decent people, and could probably be friends with some if I met them in person. In some cases that has happened. Sometimes context gets lost in the written word so when I talk to some one on one, we get a better understanding of each other.This job absolutely is privilege. I dreamed of being a Bucs player as a kid, used to practice signing my autograph, practiced signing other players autographs. Heck I had the footie creamsicle pajamas as a kid. And as most of you long time fans know, we took a ton of abuse in the last 40 years. I still hate the Bandits because I had friends who used to say they could beat the Bucs. So to be able to get to know the players and coaches personally is something that still makes me pinch myself sometimes.And I still look over my shoulder sometimes waiting for someone to pinch me and tell me I have no business doing what I do (and some on here would agree and would gladly do the pinching).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to. Joe and I have had our words, some on the boards and some in private, but he hasn't crossed those type of lines at all. I think he is completely nuts, but he has a right to be. Kidding Joe..sort of.

I agree, he's a political fantasist and deserves be ridiculed for it, despite your private dealings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for clearing that up and setting the record straight...I think?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect my autographed Chumlee pic any day now lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bald guy really needs some powder or something....And here's Joe, supposed to be in charge of lighting...laaazy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a bit weird.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bald guy really needs some powder or something....And here's Joe, supposed to be in charge of lighting...laaazy.

You think I obsess over the 2nd woman? You should see how I obsess over how interviews are lit and framed. I am OCD on that stuff. I stop interviews constantly to tweak lights and background objects.And if the show hired my wife to do make-up, I wouldn't have that damn bright spot on Rick's bald head!  :DWe use powder for Rick and Corey's interviews. But it's done by one of our female crew members. They're not pros. One time, one of the guys did it and Rick had make-up all over his shirt and he looked ridiculous.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was once a forum for football discussion.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t like the hate thrown your way by the anti-Winston crowd? Stop shoving the guy down everyone’s throat in every article posted. They see it as a PR campaign, which it really is starting to feel like, and most just want more obectivity and other Buc related content. If both sides give a little, a lot could get accomplished I bet. Happy ‘Jesus Zombie’ day to everyone!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't like the hate thrown your way by the anti-Winston crowd? Stop shoving the guy down everyone's throat in every article posted. They see it as a PR campaign, which it really is starting to feel like, and most just want more obectivity and other Buc related content. If both sides give a little, a lot could get accomplished I bet.

Logic!? Gtfoh..Winston fan smash!

• donsgift

Participant

Don't like the hate thrown your way by the anti-Winston crowd? Stop shoving the guy down everyone's throat in every article posted. They see it as a PR campaign, which it really is starting to feel like, and most just want more obectivity and other Buc related content. If both sides give a little, a lot could get accomplished I bet.

Logic!? Gtfoh..Winston fan smash!

Logic? We have the #1 pick in the draft which is less than a month away. You don't understand why most of the NFL coverage would be centered on the QB universally expected to go #1 overall? The constant conspiracy theory's by some of you guys is getting a little out of control honestly. It's impossible to discuss anything with the ridiculous hyperbole and lack of "logic" in every statement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't like the hate thrown your way by the anti-Winston crowd? Stop shoving the guy down everyone's throat in every article posted.

why is everyone allowed to have an opinion except Scott and Mark?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having an opinion is fine. Even encouraged. But stressing said opinion to a group of people who aren’t totally in agreement with your opinion every single opportunity that arises will cause friction. That’s the human race, plain and simple. I can’t side with the extremists, but as someone who’s accepted that Winston will be the pick, time to move on to other Bucs news. At this point, all sides are dug in on their opnion of Jameis. But it really feels like this site is doing their best to win folks over to Jameis and it comes across as arrogant, naive, propagated spin stuff. I repeat: Everyone has picked a side and dug in, for better or worse. Time to talk more Free Agency value, more draft picks, how warm the seat is for Lovie and co. Let’s talk about the rest of our division, possible trades, upcoming schedule. Give me your biased opinions, no sweat. But give me more than Winston opinions lol.

• jgrable1

Participant

You think I obsess over the 2nd woman? You should see how I obsess over how interviews are lit and framed. I am OCD on that stuff. I stop interviews constantly to tweak lights and background objects.And if the show hired my wife to do make-up, I wouldn't have that damn bright spot on Rick's bald head!  :DWe use powder for Rick and Corey's interviews. But it's done by one of our female crew members. They're not pros. One time, one of the guys did it and Rick had make-up all over his shirt and he looked ridiculous.

You are horrible poster and person.  You have issues....

• Anonymous

Inactive

The WinstonReport, LETS DO THIS!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Subjective. In love with one guys character concerns and ban others with it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having an opinion is fine. Even encouraged. But stressing said opinion to a group of people who aren't totally in agreement with your opinion every single opportunity that arises will cause friction. That's the human race, plain and simple. I can't side with the extremists, but as someone who's accepted that Winston will be the pick, time to move on to other Bucs news. At this point, all sides are dug in on their opnion of Jameis. But it really feels like this site is doing their best to win folks over to Jameis and it comes across as arrogant, naive, propagated spin stuff. I repeat: Everyone has picked a side and dug in, for better or worse. Time to talk more Free Agency value, more draft picks, how warm the seat is for Lovie and co. Let's talk about the rest of our division, possible trades, upcoming schedule. Give me your biased opinions, no sweat. But give me more than Winston opinions lol.

Bottom line You hate Winston and are so angry that you can't accept the reality that it is about a 95% certainty that he will be the BUCS choice.  So you expect that 5 % chance to be a major voice or at least a 50-50 ratio opposing what is 95% inevitable on this site?What I find unbelievable is that some like ufojoe and even Dalbuc are so far down in the hole digging that they are now threatening they will no longer be Buc fans if Winston is chosen?Sorry but that is absolutely insane. IMO  Especially for someone that has never been charged or arrested for a complaint that has been proven overwhelmingly by both the Criminal Justice system(twice), and 2 disciplinary hearings to not even have the merit to be considered prosecutable.  Opposing that is clearly not rational and without logic and reasoning. The fact that this whole lacking credibility complaint occurred in 2012 makes the whole issue even more absurd.As to the other off field stuff...  The Bucs are completely comfortable with those immaturity issues.  If there were more serious issues like  thuggery,  alcoholism , gambling, drugs, or a lack of focus on the game by Winston, I could readily understand such criticism but those issues are not there.This media driven polarization assigned to Winston makes very little sense to me considering how many truly miscreant NFL players currently proliferate NFL rosters with apparently a green light by the media.    Makes no sense.

• install

Participant

Lol ..it does have a certain communist Vlady Putin effect

• roger4680

Participant

I’m new here , but PR’s bias is pretty much common knowledge around the internet . Trumped only by JoeBucsFan , where I usually post. JBF is not exactly the sort of hack journalism most would like to be lumped with.If they are being mocked by so many members perhaps they should look in the mirror and ask if it's true ...

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to attack personally those that don't share your opinion. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm new here , but PR's bias is pretty much common knowledge around the internet . Trumped only by JoeBucsFan , where I usually post. JBF is not exactly the sort of hack journalism most would like to be lumped with.If they are being mocked by so many members perhaps they should look in the mirror and ask if it's true ...

Bias would be stating that the 95% probability that Winston will be the BUCs choice is wrong.Last year the overwhelming consensus was Clowney was the number one pick.  Should those that said he wouldn't be get equal airtime?  Does the fact that were wrong be considered differently this year?You don't like Winston as the choice and you are certainly entitled to that opinion that has a 95% chance of being ignored.  Are they truly being mocked by so many?  On this site from a poll taken close to 80% are overjoyed or accept Winston as the choice.  Perhaps you have an inaccurate view on the numbers in opposition. Just a thought.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are horrible poster and person.  You have issues....

Happy Easter!

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are two accurate answers to this.1. People don't understand what Mark and Scott do, clutching to an inaccurate notion that journalists are only supposed to report facts and not have opinions.2. People don't mind the opinions but think it's been overwhelming and at the expense at other topics. Fab 5, for instance, has been extremely repetitive over the last couple months.As far as this thread is concerned, the difficulty is getting the genie back in the bottle. This forum has basically allowed anyone to treat anyone as horrible as possible, to troll as much as they want and generally just make it a bad forum. To me, this thread basically says, "You can do all of that you want, just not directed towards the PR staff." I know that's not really the intent of the message, but it's definitely the reality.Going back to #2 above, I've brought this up before to Mark, it would be nice if you contributed as much in other threads with legit Bucs discussions as you do in ones where you're solely defending Winston. I get that you're an FSU fan and genuinely believe he's the best player for the Bucs (as do I, the latter part) and are more enthusiastic about those threads, but it would be awesome if you'd contribute into other discussions as well; not that there are many that aren't about Winston/Mariota. Hell, maybe start some threads to get discussions going about other topics.I don't mean to focus in solely on you but I do so because you actually do interact with the forum (which is awesome) and think you could really get the discussions back on track in a lot of ways.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for taking action.If possible, could you combine some threads that just spam the same opinions over and over causing the same arguments over and over?  Saints Report does this all the time and the Panthers Huddle does not allow it at all.The board is sometimes just unreadable with this stuff...Like a "lynch mob" with herd mentallity.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for taking action.If possible, could you combine some threads that just spam the same opinions over and over causing the same arguments over and over?  Saints Report does this all the time and the Panthers Huddle does not allow it at all.The board is sometimes just unreadable with this stuff...Like a "lynch mob" with herd mentallity.

Agreed. All the off-the-field, rape, Kinsman crap should be moved to the Cove.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah… this will be a divisive draft.

• install

Participant

You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to attack personally those that don't share your opinion.

Yes only the Winston fans and PR staff can attack personally now ...JBF and PR are getting closer to being one now

• install

Participant

I'm new here , but PR's bias is pretty much common knowledge around the internet . Trumped only by JoeBucsFan , where I usually post. JBF is not exactly the sort of hack journalism most would like to be lumped with.If they are being mocked by so many members perhaps they should look in the mirror and ask if it's true ...

Bias would be stating that the 95% probability that Winston will be the BUCs choice is wrong.Last year the overwhelming consensus was Clowney was the number one pick.  Should those that said he wouldn't be get equal airtime?  Does the fact that were wrong be considered differently this year?You don't like Winston as the choice and you are certainly entitled to that opinion that has a 95% chance of being ignored.  Are they truly being mocked by so many?  On this site from a poll taken close to 80% are overjoyed or accept Winston as the choice.  Perhaps you have an inaccurate view on the numbers in opposition. Just a thought.

. Winston is a fat punk  and will be a huge mistake ..mark my words

• roger4680

Participant

Yes only the Winston fans and PR staff can attack personally now ...JBF and PR are getting closer to being one now

Have those who have personally attacked UFOJOE been suspended also ?

• Anonymous

Inactive

First off, I completely understand your position and why you may not appreciate the comments.  My question is, does this only apply when calling out PR?  Of late these forums thrive on posters insulting each other on a way more consistent basis then anything tossed PRs way. Also, before you and especially Scott just dismiss the dissatisfication of so many forum members, maybe a little effort should be spent into the actual reasons that members are making such comments.  Remember, the business that keeps dismissing it's customers sooner or later won't have any customers left.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going away on an international deal for a month helps you see just how crazy this entire conversation is making people. Thank you for trying to police this stuff, MC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't like the hate thrown your way by the anti-Winston crowd? Stop shoving the guy down everyone's throat in every article posted.

They absolutely are!  And that is not the problem.  But how many times has Scott in particular propped up PR by making comparisons to other Bucs sites by calling them fan sites and pointing out how they express personal opinions vice fair objective journalism? To answer that for you, quite a few. They can't have It both ways.  So is PR just an opinionated fan site or an open, objective and fair journalistic publication?

• Anonymous

Inactive

But how many times has Scott in particular propped up PR by making comparisons to other Bucs sites by calling them fan sites and pointing out how they express personal opinions vice fair objective journalism? To answer that for you, quite a few. They can't have It both ways.  So is PR just an opinionated fan site or an open, objective and fair journalistic publication?

I don't remember a single time he has dismissed another site because they express personal opinion. I might be wrong, I don't always read every part of Fab 5 if a category doesn't interest me.And of course they can have it both ways. Every single newspaper and major website blends objective reporting with subjective editorials. PR is no different.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going away on an international deal for a month helps you see just how crazy this entire conversation is making people. Thank you for trying to police this stuff, MC.

I wondered what happened to you. Glad to see you're back to the madhouse.

• install

Participant

. Those will go on being allowed 

• Anonymous

Inactive

First off, I completely understand your position and why you may not appreciate the comments.  My question is, does this only apply when calling out PR?  Of late these forums thrive on posters insulting each other on a way more consistent basis then anything tossed PRs way. Also, before you and especially Scott just dismiss the dissatisfication of so many forum members, maybe a little effort should be spent into the actual reasons that members are making such comments.  Remember, the business that keeps dismissing it's customers sooner or later won't have any customers left.

Yes. And if a person feels they are being attacked personally it is a simple report to the moderator. no way I can read every single thread and post.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it odd that a thread about a local movie critic’s review of “The Hunting Ground” gets shoved off into oblivion after a few hours… But, a thread that attempts to perpetuate a smear campaign against the alleged victim of a crime still sits on the front page?  Rape Culture is skrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to.

If you guys weren't so biased and busy hanging off Winston's nuts and slobbing on his knob.....those comments would cease. This site has slowly degraded for several years now to the sad state it is in today. This site is garbage. The only reason anyone comes here is for the back and forth between other posters. PR offers next to nothing. Hasn't for quite awhile. Maybe you should stop banning people and just do a better job.

I believe based on the OP that this calls for a permanent ban

• Anonymous

Inactive

YEp. Peace out. Happy Easter!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are a part of the rebel alliance and a traitor! ..take him away. ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Later Jdub.  It was real.  Genuinely disappointed to see you go out like this.  Hope you find what you are looking for elsewhere.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly why I wanted the community ourself to police these morons who can’t help but troll/flame the admin.  Shit.  Now we’re fucked.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love Jdub, anytime someone doesn’t agree with him he goes off on a huge temper tantrum and leaves.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when I say you are entitled to your opinion that is attacking you personally?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to.

If you guys weren't so biased and busy hanging off Winston's nuts and slobbing on his knob.....those comments would cease. This site has slowly degraded for several years now to the sad state it is in today. This site is garbage. The only reason anyone comes here is for the back and forth between other posters. PR offers next to nothing. Hasn't for quite awhile. Maybe you should stop banning people and just do a better job.

Thank you so much not you can finally get out of here. The biggest cry baby on the board and one of the most obnoxious posters I've seen since day one of joining this board. Calling PR biased and other immature names simply because u hate the QB they like and know that we are drafting. Good riddance, all though I'm so looking forward to the day ur back when Winston is a beast and your giving us your excuses for all the stuff you've  said. I for one will not let it off the hook.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn’t bias, it’s the truth. Winston is the Bucs next QB, not Mariota. So they will write about Winston, not Mariota because he’s another team’s QB, not ours.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well I wouldn't use those same words but I understand your frustration and I believe many others here do too.  PR simply is simply not what it once use to be and in reality it is just an unregulated forums on a fan site.  Take care.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel another 5 years of excuse making coming on… Freeman all over again, with PR leading the charge. There’s a lot I really like about Jameis, and I will root for him. But I’ll go on record that he and MM will both bust. #itsabucslife

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having an opinion is fine. Even encouraged. But stressing said opinion to a group of people who aren't totally in agreement with your opinion every single opportunity that arises will cause friction. That's the human race, plain and simple. I can't side with the extremists, but as someone who's accepted that Winston will be the pick, time to move on to other Bucs news. At this point, all sides are dug in on their opnion of Jameis. But it really feels like this site is doing their best to win folks over to Jameis and it comes across as arrogant, naive, propagated spin stuff. I repeat: Everyone has picked a side and dug in, for better or worse. Time to talk more Free Agency value, more draft picks, how warm the seat is for Lovie and co. Let's talk about the rest of our division, possible trades, upcoming schedule. Give me your biased opinions, no sweat. But give me more than Winston opinions lol.

Bottom line You hate Winston and are so angry that you can't accept the reality that it is about a 95% certainty that he will be the BUCS choice. 

He's not saying that you buffoon.Winston is only thing buc related all offseason. They dropped the ball in that regard IMO. Why can't they talk about out new QB coach, the new OC, the possibility of adding AP, why we didn't move on from Warhop, round 2-7 prospects? The Winston Winston Winston stuff is being tiring for everyone no matter which side.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel another 5 years of excuse making coming on... Freeman all over again, with PR leading the charge. There's a lot I really like about Jameis, and I will root for him. But I'll go on record that he and MM will both bust. #itsabucslife

He's a higher quality freeman. That could be taco bell, or molly freeman. No one really knows.I'll say this much though, I'd rather they start Winston than to give it another go with another vet or Glennon.This is probably a "trap." Like most traps..you don't see them coming. A lot of people are probably going to be cheesed going into year two or three, wishing they had someone else. Even the bust rate at one suggests that its a possibility, let alone the bias media hate, and his own stupidity that needs to be factored in as well.But I will take that possible 25% chance at stardom over knowing a throwaway vet or Glennon will surely fail. At least this way it would be entertaining in the meantime. The safer pick is, without a doubt, mariota. However they may not feel he's what they want to build around, so Winston is a heck of a consolation prize in that regard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are two accurate answers to this.1. People don't understand what Mark and Scott do, clutching to an inaccurate notion that journalists are only supposed to report facts and not have opinions.2. People don't mind the opinions but think it's been overwhelming and at the expense at other topics. Fab 5, for instance, has been extremely repetitive over the last couple months.As far as this thread is concerned, the difficulty is getting the genie back in the bottle. This forum has basically allowed anyone to treat anyone as horrible as possible, to troll as much as they want and generally just make it a bad forum. To me, this thread basically says, "You can do all of that you want, just not directed towards the PR staff." I know that's not really the intent of the message, but it's definitely the reality.Going back to #2 above, I've brought this up before to Mark, it would be nice if you contributed as much in other threads with legit Bucs discussions as you do in ones where you're solely defending Winston. I get that you're an FSU fan and genuinely believe he's the best player for the Bucs (as do I, the latter part) and are more enthusiastic about those threads, but it would be awesome if you'd contribute into other discussions as well; not that there are many that aren't about Winston/Mariota. Hell, maybe start some threads to get discussions going about other topics.I don't mean to focus in solely on you but I do so because you actually do interact with the forum (which is awesome) and think you could really get the discussions back on track in a lot of ways.

I'm in this boat.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask for his mug shot. Joe apparently has no issue working with the underbelly of America. http://chronicle.su/2013/03/29/chumlee-of-pawn-stars-arrested-with-seven-pounds-of-marijuana/

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL. This dude is going to have a coronary implosion on draft day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bottom line You hate Winston and are so angry that you can't accept the reality that it is about a 95% certainty that he will be the BUCS choice. 

He's not saying that you buffoon.Winston is only thing buc related all offseason. They dropped the ball in that regard IMO. Why can't they talk about out new QB coach, the new OC, the possibility of adding AP, why we didn't move on from Warhop, round 2-7 prospects? The Winston Winston Winston stuff is being tiring for everyone no matter which side.

You kidding me? This is the Red Board, baby. EVERYTHING  is the QB's fault. Can't fault PR for giving the people what they want. And stop acting like this is about a the topic of a QB. The main complaint is that more time isn't spent on Mariota BECAUSE there are a substantial amount of posters who hate Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask for his mug shot. Joe apparently has no issue working with the underbelly of America. http://chronicle.su/2013/03/29/chumlee-of-pawn-stars-arrested-with-seven-pounds-of-marijuana/

Damn.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a fake article...I'm keeping my mouth shut

• Anonymous

Inactive

You kidding me? This is the Red Board, baby. EVERYTHING  is the QB's fault. Can't fault PR for giving the people what they want. And stop acting like this is about a the topic of a QB. The main complaint is that more time isn't spent on Mariota BECAUSE there are a substantial amount of posters who hate Winston.

You must be joking. You have had 4 or 5 people rooting hard for Mariota to be the pick in the last 2 weeks. Everyone knows Winston is a foregone conclusion. PR is incapable of moving on or talking about anything else that deals with a football franchise? It's repetitive as hell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might be right. I believe everything I read on the Internet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amazing how easily some are fooled by satire.Next, somebody will send me the numerous articles about Chum being dead. The first time, he overdosed on marijuana. LMAO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop acting like you know the intent of everything Winston related. I really don't want Mariota either. Fragile personality and if he gets hurt, I feel he'll be a shell of his potential. Winstonite arrogance offends me waaaaaaay more than the guy himself. #fireuptheexcusemachineboys

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not if we trade for Johnny Manziel and Aaron Donald.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might be right. I believe everything I read on the Internet.

Especially, if it is the opinion of the NY TIMES and TMZ.    ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffoon?  Is that really necessary?  Does every post you make have a mandatory insult towards the poster.  Isn't it easier to just disagree?Hey it is extremely exciting time when the best player in the draft is a potential franchise QB and the Bucs are all but assured of selecting him. 95%  and rising... ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

“You asked for it” ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it any more necessary to tell someone the “true” intent of their thread? Extremists on both sides seem to be trying to out-stupid the other with arrogant opinions and beliefs. Enough. Winston will be the pick but he better man up, keep his head on straight, and help win more cames than he contributes to losses. End. Of. Story.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha....it sure seems so.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffoon?  Is that really necessary?  Does every post you make have a mandatory insult towards the poster.  Isn't it easier to just disagree?Hey it is extremely exciting time when the best player in the draft is a potential franchise QB and the Bucs are all but assured of selecting him. 95%  and rising... ;D

and that's fine. Everyone knows that. Let's keep shoving that down everyone's throat tho. Spare no compliment or fluff. Its like there isn't anything else that involves a whole franchise that we may want to know about. Oh yea.. and you still tuck your dress shirt in to your underwear.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t threaten its your page BLOCK them already! You guys do a good job for the most part and I’ve been a loyal BUCS fan since I was around 10 when I figured out what football was. My Grandpa was a USC fan then our family loyalty split off to Tampa Bay with John McKay and USC football in the College ranks.tumblr_mx5ny789UD1skh0gdo1_400.gifOverall, I think it's a great community! Other, than some of the crap being said between the MM/Winston crews....

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m really tired of the personal attacks by poster on poster (example: Runole. Some of you see another attacking the guy and think that gives you free reign to dump all over him. Gracious!) Some of the comments are so mean and unnecessary that they really underline the major drawbacks of this medium. Road rage turned internet rage. Are some of you really that nasty naturally? We all get nasty on a bad day, myself included. But I really got an eye-opening this week when I called out the racist anti-Winstonites on ESPN.com; the hatred spewed forth against me was so ugly that I felt embarrassed for this country. Bottom line: This is supposed to be fun. Would it be bad to appeal to the camaraderie part of our nature as opposed to so much anger? The PR guys do a nice job. It’s not as easy as you think.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone here knows how to reach me directly with concerns and complaints. I am always available if someone really wants to discuss the website. I have NEVER ignored a reader who had genuine concerns.I have had a number of people in the last two weeks who are new to PR reach out to me shocked by what they see on the message boards. Honestly I would rather lose a couple long time followers to gain twice as many, if the long time posters are going to continue to mock and insult us. Again, criticize us all day. Email me. Whatever you want to do if you'd like to discuss things. I have no problem with that. Machivelli does, Soul Bro used to, but respectfully. Others do as well. But hammering us with insults will get you banned.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What consists of an insult? If I say “hello,” does that insult you?If I talk crap about Winston, are you going to ban me (again)? Is that the same person?Just tired of the "don't talk about my baby Winston like that" bs. Lol.  ::)Because I have yet to insult anyone without any provocation, yet somehow I can be insulted immediately, and banned nontheless, all because I've insulted the great/glorious FSU-colored baby Winston.Just want to make sure I don't go past my yearly banning quota. Usually hits around draft.  :-

• Anonymous

Inactive

What consists of an insult? If I say "hello," does that insult you?If I talk crap about Winston, are you going to ban me (again)? Is that the same person?Just tired of the "don't talk about my baby Winston like that" bs. Lol.  ::)Because I have yet to insult anyone without any provocation, yet somehow I can be insulted immediately, and banned nontheless, all because I've insulted the great/glorious FSU-colored baby Winston.Just want to make sure I don't go past my yearly banning quota. Usually hits around draft.  :-

Very close to exceeding your yearly quota with that post. And you will know if you crossed the line when you can't log in. This is a silly post.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What consists of an insult? If I say "hello," does that insult you?If I talk crap about Winston, are you going to ban me (again)? Is that the same person?Just tired of the "don't talk about my baby Winston like that" bs. Lol.  ::)Because I have yet to insult anyone without any provocation, yet somehow I can be insulted immediately, and banned nontheless, all because I've insulted the great/glorious FSU-colored baby Winston.Just want to make sure I don't go past my yearly banning quota. Usually hits around draft.  :-

Very close to exceeding your yearly quota with that post. And you will know if you crossed the line when you can't log in. This is a silly post.

It was supposed to be.But seriously, is Winston fair game? Or is that something that's banable at this point?

• Anonymous

Inactive

overboard.

That is the only word for what has been happening. It was predicted. It was wild. And yup, way the heck overboard.So when do we start the fights on our 2nd round pick? ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

So glad this clown's true colors are apparent to everyone. Biggest hypocrite on this forum and one of the few that wasn't blatantly trolling, just too dumb to realize it.

My message to my kids is that my actions speak louder than words, and I'm not going to support a guy that most likely raped at least one girl and also jumped on the table in the cafeteria and screamed obscene sexual slurs about women. If my daughter had been eating in that cafeteria I'd pop Winston right in his damn mouth. Besides being a complete and utter moron, he clearly has no respect for women. I wouldn't let my daughters see me supporting a fool like that. That's just me. The rest of you yahoos can do what you want. Like I said, it is a choice.

HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm in agreement here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

overboard.

That is the only word for what has been happening. It was predicted. It was wild. And yup, way the heck overboard.So when do we start the fights on our 2nd round pick? ;D

We have more than one pick?

• Anonymous

Inactive

So glad this clown's true colors are apparent to everyone. Biggest hypocrite on this forum and one of the few that wasn't blatantly trolling, just too dumb to realize it.

HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE.

He makes a loud point, tho'...If they didn't feel comfortable getting Hardy off the street, how do they have that comfort with spending the top pick on Winston?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I probably could have chosen a better post to use but didn’t feel like going through all his garbage. His second post was explaining why he wanted the team to sign Hardy when he trashed anyone willing to go after Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wondered what happened to you. Glad to see you're back to the madhouse.

Thanks! Not officially back, yet. Just a bit of a lull during Easter then back at it. Hopefully not too much more work from my end on this however.

• roger4680

Participant

That's how you leave a message board in style . Jdouble drops the mic .Drop-the-mic.gif

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's how you leave a message board in style . Jdouble drops the mic .Drop-the-mic.gif

By throwing yet another hissy fit?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You must be joking. You have had 4 or 5 people rooting hard for Mariota to be the pick in the last 2 weeks. Everyone knows Winston is a foregone conclusion. PR is incapable of moving on or talking about anything else that deals with a football franchise? It's repetitive as hell.

Yeah, you're right. We have only have the top pick in the draft and the team is preparing to make the biggest decision in a generation; a decision that could drastically alter the path of this franchise.  No biggie. We should talk about something else.  Just another offseason. ::)

• gstrohauer

Participant

He will be back with another screen name just like you.  Pewterreport should start tracking these IP addresses.  Block the IP also.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't take long for Eddison Tollet to start a new account.

• roger4680

Participant

He will be back with another screen name just like you.  Pewterreport should start tracking these IP addresses.  Block the IP also.

I'm new here , but ever hear of a VPN  ? Easy to hide your IP these days. Blocking is really a waste of time . Might as well deal with your disagreements like a big boy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm new here , but ever hear of a VPN  ? Easy to hide your IP these days. Blocking is really a waste of time . Might as well deal with your disagreements like a big boy.

If you're spending your time being an asshole on an internet message board to the extent where you need to use a VPN to connect to that internet message board then perhaps you should work on being less of an asshole instead of finding ways to continue being an asshole after being banned.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You sound fairly well versed...  Welcome!

• Anonymous

Inactive

My message to my kids is that my actions speak louder than words, and I'm not going to support a guy that most likely raped at least one girl and also jumped on the table in the cafeteria and screamed obscene sexual slurs about women. If my daughter had been eating in that cafeteria I'd pop Winston right in his damn mouth. Besides being a complete and utter moron, he clearly has no respect for women. I wouldn't let my daughters see me supporting a fool like that. That's just me. The rest of you yahoos can do what you want. Like I said, it is a choice.

Damn....just damn!!Just so i'm clear......it's ok to root for a shady character in front of your daughter as long as he's not the first pick in the draft. Am i reading that correctly?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn....just damn!!Just so i'm clear......it's ok to root for a shady character in front of your daughter as long as he's not the first pick in the draft. Am i reading that correctly?

Basically to him it was OK since he was a DE. Since Winston is a Qb that isn't Mariota JD had to cross a line. He's a giant hypocrite and tantrum thrower.

• gstrohauer

Participant

New here huh…..Dolorus mToilett.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was supposed to be.But seriously, is Winston fair game? Or is that something that's banable at this point?

C'mon man, have you not read Joe's last 300 posts? No he isn't off limits and never has been. The only thing I asked about that was to not call the kid a a rapist. Alleged, idiot, numbskull whatever, just not rapist. And everyone for the most part has been ok with that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Basically to him it was OK since he was a DE. Since Winston is a Qb that isn't Mariota JD had to cross a line. He's a giant hypocrite and tantrum thrower.

He had another post shaming people for being okay with Winston but again, Hardy was fine.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He makes a loud point, tho'...If they didn't feel comfortable getting Hardy off the street, how do they have that comfort with spending the top pick on Winston?

Backing out of Hardy wasn't a character issue.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good work Mark.  The anger was starting to simmer around here.  Turn up the heat.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. It had more to do with finding out they were the bridesmaid instead of the bride.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanted an expensive, one-year "prove it" deal with a no-franchise tag guarantee.  Bucs would have been stupid to pull the trigger on that one. Hardy recognized that the pending suspension would scare teams and decrease demand, giving him lower guaranteed dollars. He's betting on himself but wanted to ensure that he was free to go to the highest bidder next season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. It had more to do with finding out they were the bridesmaid instead of the bride.

It's easy to outbid everyone when you're one of the few teams with money but this year, seems everyone had cash and we aren't held in the most high regard as of late.

• chelsea1455

Participant

I have no problem with others opinons but no need to get obscene if someone disagrees with you.After all we are all fans of a team that has disappointed for many years, let's stick together!

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is one of the few message boards that allows trolling…….unless you troll the staff. Would be a much nicer place to visit and would be better off if ALL trolling was enforced. Then it would be a place for football opinions, but right now, and for as long as I can remember, this is a troll site. I come here to offer football opinions knowing I will be trolled for them. It takes tough skin. If the trolling did not exist, more people who actually want to talk football would be here. I understand the concept of trying to be all inclusive, but it is not realistic.Why is PR being trolled? Because they have allowed this to be a place where trolls are welcome. it is very simple. There are a lot of people here who do not offer any solid football arguments and only try to degrade others. That is not cultivating a solid place for football discussions.And as someone else said, move the Kinsman stuff to the Cove. If it is not NFL of NFL related it should be moved. Especially considering over 70% of posters don't want to see it here. That is a big contributor to the trolling going on right now.My $.02. And did JDub just rage quit again? Come on bro at least wait until we draft the guys who aren't on your top-50 list before you rage quit again. I was looking forward to the draft day excitement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My main complaint is this process with Pewter Report is that in all the years on Board I’ve never seen such biased reporting towards 1 prospect in this draft. PR has totally whitewashed Winstons off field process like nothing has happened. If any normal person were to do the type of things Winston has done, (and gotten away with), we would have been arrested on the spot. How does a player that tests positive for drugs fall in the draft, But a player that has committed several criminal indiscretions be considered the #1 overall selection.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no problem with others opinons but no need to get obscene if someone disagrees with you.After all we are all fans of a team that has disappointed for many years, let's stick together!

Agree.  There are posters here I NEVER agree with. But as long as they keep it civil, all is good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forums need moderators. Not the first time this has been brought up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My main complaint is this process with Pewter Report is that in all the years on Board I've never seen such biased reporting towards 1 prospect in this draft. PR has totally whitewashed Winstons off field process like nothing has happened. If any normal person were to do the type of things Winston has done, (and gotten away with), we would have been arrested on the spot. How does a player that tests positive for drugs fall in the draft, But a player that has committed several criminal indiscretions be considered the #1 overall selection.

I didn't realize he had been convicted of ANY criminal indiscretions.

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I see posts all the time I don’t agree with and that isn’t a bad thing. Since the number one pick was official though the Mariota vs Winston threads have become unbearable, which is really the reason why I have stayed out of all the threads. Yes there are a good amount of civil posters but the rest of them have been immature little babies finding any way to insult Mariota, Winston, or other posters. Something needs to change, it just sucks opening up a thread with a decent article and by the fifth post I move on to a new thread/website.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My main complaint is this process with Pewter Report is that in all the years on Board I've never seen such biased reporting towards 1 prospect in this draft. PR has totally whitewashed Winstons off field process like nothing has happened. If any normal person were to do the type of things Winston has done, (and gotten away with), we would have been arrested on the spot. How does a player that tests positive for drugs fall in the draft, But a player that has committed several criminal indiscretions be considered the #1 overall selection.

Ask the Buccaneers and the other teams, GMs and draft guru talking heads who have all said they have no issue making Winston the pick. Not sure what whitewashing I have done. I haven't written a single opinion piece. In fact if you check the HOF board in December you will see where I listed character concerns as an issue. Still is until the draft. But the Bucs have spent a ton of money, conducted interviews and know a heck of a lot more than we do regarding some the indiscretions. They are making the pick, we are reporting what we know. If we believe he will be the pick, based on what we know, why would we not write that? Again, Jason Licht, Lovie Smith and the Glazers have all come out saying they are comfortable with Jameis Winston. What would you like us to do different? Serious question.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is what it is. Why don't you go over to nfl.com, or espn.com, or cbs.com who all have Winston on the front page and ask them?I do not understand the scorn for PR when they have been reporting the same thing everyone else is reporting ???

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

It is what it is. Why don't you go over to nfl.com, or espn.com, or cbs.com who all have Winston on the front page and ask them?I do not understand the scorn for PR when they have been reporting the same thing everyone else is reporting ???

Completely agreed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And here in lays the problem. Just because a player hasn't been charged has never stopped NFL from levying punishment. It also doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed. All it means is that there wasn't enough evidence or.  FSU has paid for/or covered Winston butt for several years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

...and it wasn't a financial issue...

• Anonymous

Inactive

And here in lays the problem. Just because a player hasn't been charged has never stopped NFL from levying punishment. It also doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed. All it means is that there wasn't enough evidence or.  FSU has paid for/or covered Winston butt for several years.

Well if it was one gumshoe at FSU that let him slide, you would have a point. But it was what?  3-4 different investigations?  By different entities?  And they were all in on the fix?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha Wow Any takers on his next team being the one that takes Mariota? Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was suspended for a rivalry game for cursing in the student union.  Where do you get this stuff?  How many articles can PR possibly write about crab legs, pouring Coke into a ketchup cup at Burger King, and a BB gun fight, anyway?  Those are the 4 things he's done so let's not pretend he's a hardened criminal that's above the law.  It's silly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask the Buccaneers and the other teams, GMs and draft guru talking heads who have all said they have no issue making Winston the pick. Not sure what whitewashing I have done. I haven't written a single opinion piece. In fact if you check the HOF board in December you will see where I listed character concerns as an issue. Still is until the draft. But the Bucs have spent a ton of money, conducted interviews and know a heck of a lot more than we do regarding some the indiscretions. They are making the pick, we are reporting what we know. If we believe he will be the pick, based on what we know, why would we not write that? Again, Jason Licht, Lovie Smith and the Glazers have all come out saying they are comfortable with Jameis Winston. What would you like us to do different? Serious question.

How about holding a player accountable regardless of what they've done or been accused off. The whole not been charged, no crime is Naive. Based on Winston's off field concerns based on past players actions he should be considered in the top 10. But Winston has never been held accountable for anything. He causes $4k in property damage. No charges. He may have committed sexual assault on 2 women. Those incidents are ignored based on the Status of a star player. Winston steals from a Publix grocery store. Again no charges filed. DOn't you have a problem with any player that receives such entitlements Mark. How can you simply ignore them? For that matter how can the Bucs simply ignore them as it appears they've have?

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about holding a player accountable regardless of what they've done or been accused off. The whole not been charged, no crime is Naive. Based on Winston's off field concerns based on past players actions he should be considered in the top 10. But Winston has never been held accountable for anything. He causes $4k in property damage. No charges. He may have committed sexual assault on 2 women. Those incidents are ignored based on the Status of a star player. Winston steals from a Publix grocery store. Again no charges filed. DOn't you have a problem with any player that receives such entitlements Mark. How can you simply ignore them? For that matter how can the Bucs simply ignore them as it appears they've have?

The trouble with that line of thinking is, its a slippery slope.If I wanted a certain player for my team, and I was a GM, I would just start all kinds of rumors about the guy so he slips to me.  The Warren syndrome.  GM's have to stay above all that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My $.02. And did JDub just rage quit again? Come on bro at least wait until we draft the guys who aren't on your top-50 list before you rage quit again. I was looking forward to the draft day excitement.

Ditto...

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was suspended for a rivalry game for cursing in the student union.  Where do you get this stuff?  How many articles can PR possibly write about crab legs, pouring Coke into a ketchup cup at Burger King, and a BB gun fight, anyway?  Those are the 4 things he's done so let's not pretend he's a hardened criminal that's above the law.  It's silly.

Theft, Criminal mischief and destruction of property are crimes. The only way no charges were filed was based on Winston status as a FSU Football player. The 2 incidents of sexual assaults should cause any team to drop a player on a draft board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How does a player that tests positive for drugs fall in the draft, But a player that has committed several criminal indiscretions be considered the #1 overall selection.

so it's PR's fault that Winston is widely viewed as the top pick in the draft?

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is preposterous.  The DA, Willie Meggs, has gone on record saying that he holds FSU players to a higher standard.  He is the same guy that charged Peter Warrick for a felony for receiving less than $100 discount at Dillards, and he was the Heisman frontrunner.  His star status didn't earn him leniency.  He charged Travis Johnson with raping a 250 pound female shot putter while his arm was in a sling.  The female jury stayed out for just 30 minutes before coming back with a not guilty verdict.  Meggs had nothing but a preposterous story but went ahead anyway.  There are plenty of stories like those.  Tallahassee does not protect it's athletes.  If there was ANY way he could have charged Winston with ANY crime he would have.  Kinsman's story just didn't hold up, kept changing, and wasn't supported by the physical evidence, like the toxicology report that came back clean despite her saying she was drugged.I have no idea what you're talking about with the property damage claim and the 2nd woman said the act was consensual, she just regretted it afterwards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about holding a player accountable regardless of what they've done or been accused off.

Based on accusations? Glad we all don't live in your world.

• Anonymous

Inactive

accountable to what standards?  I am under the impression that a group of football players paid restitution for the broken windows?  He was hardly a star player when the alleged assault took place, heck he didn’t even have a uniform did he?  I was also under the impression that he repaid publix, did community service, and missed a couple baseball games for the crab legs?Is that not accountable?  Or do you just demand harsher punishments?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He caused 4k in damage? Please refresh my memory on that one. If you are talking about the other 13 players and the BB gun fight, then ok. Yet there was no charges and he paid his share as the other players. He wasn't charged with sexual assault, but I am supposed to play UFjoe? Publix chose not to file charges and agreed to the civil infraction deal. As they do with 99.9 percent of first time shoplifters. You included if you choose to shoplift $30 from their store. Look he has been an idiot. I am not denying that fact at all. But your issue should be with the Bucs. And I am still waiting for you to tell me where and how I have ignored it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is one of the few message boards that allows trolling.......unless you troll the staff. Would be a much nicer place to visit and would be better off if ALL trolling was enforced. Then it would be a place for football opinions, but right now, and for as long as I can remember, this is a troll site. I come here to offer football opinions knowing I will be trolled for them. It takes tough skin. If the trolling did not exist, more people who actually want to talk football would be here. I understand the concept of trying to be all inclusive, but it is not realistic.Why is PR being trolled? Because they have allowed this to be a place where trolls are welcome. it is very simple. There are a lot of people here who do not offer any solid football arguments and only try to degrade others. That is not cultivating a solid place for football discussions.And as someone else said, move the Kinsman stuff to the Cove. If it is not NFL of NFL related it should be moved. Especially considering over 70% of posters don't want to see it here. That is a big contributor to the trolling going on right now.My $.02. And did JDub just rage quit again? Come on bro at least wait until we draft the guys who aren't on your top-50 list before you rage quit again. I was looking forward to the draft day excitement.

I posted it earlier today. It's become ridiculous. First, it was RuNole. Now, it's ufojoe. It seems as if half the threads on the front page have to do with legal analysis or Kinsman. I'd rather read about mock drafts, FA rumors, discussions on roster battles, draft picks in the middle rounds, etc. Hell, I'd rather read you posting about midgets. Lol. (Sorry...couldn't resist) Give RuNole and Joe a battleground in The Cove and let them and the others duke it out there. ...nice to see JDub flaming out as usual. He's like a menstrual cycle, only annually and right around draft time. Hardy is ok, Winston is not. Later hypocrite. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR has been doing one thing, and that is prepare people for Winston. The rest of the draft has been completely ignored. Hopefully that changes.

• donsgift

Participant

Theft, Criminal mischief and destruction of property are crimes. The only way no charges were filed was based on Winston status as a FSU Football player. The 2 incidents of sexual assaults should cause any team to drop a player on a draft board.

I love this "two women" (gator fans are telling me there is a 3rd lol)narrative that is now spoken as truth. There is a signed statement from the advocate to a state attorney saying "I was not forced. I was not raped" However since EK lawyer said in a lawsuit (no reason to lie there) that the 2nd women we've never met or talked to is saying she was raped crazy Joe and his friends are now speaking as if it's truth. You know how I know you are pushing a narrative regardless of the FACTS out there? Because of this. Because apparently ambulance chasing lawyers are now more credible than the assistant state attorney. Utterly mind blowing the lengths you guys go through to take an outright fact (you know something we can look up and verify) and turn it into some ambiguous statement because a lawyer looking for a payday said so (And conveniently NOBODY can verify it. Go figure) No apparently we all support rape and would let our family members be raped because we refuse to ruin a 20 yr olds kids life with nothing but "your word for it" Wow

• Anonymous

Inactive

• jeebz116

Participant

What I think is just precious is how some people think they are entitled to this web site like it was built for only their opinions, and they have the right to tell the creators how to run it.If you don't like it, go start your own website. Go become a member of the media and bring us stories on individual players and interviews with the coaching staff, and write us several articles each week.Or, I guess if you are some kind of pre-pubescent whiny bitch who thinks PR owes you space on their website, you can just keep pissing and shitting all over this board and making it really painful for anyone who happens to have an opposing view point.It's like some of the Mariota supporters would rather bite their nose off to spite their face instead of just moving on and accepting reality.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is one of the few message boards that allows trolling.......unless you troll the staff. Would be a much nicer place to visit and would be better off if ALL trolling was enforced. Then it would be a place for football opinions, but right now, and for as long as I can remember, this is a troll site. I come here to offer football opinions knowing I will be trolled for them. It takes tough skin. If the trolling did not exist, more people who actually want to talk football would be here. I understand the concept of trying to be all inclusive, but it is not realistic.Why is PR being trolled? Because they have allowed this to be a place where trolls are welcome. it is very simple. There are a lot of people here who do not offer any solid football arguments and only try to degrade others. That is not cultivating a solid place for football discussions.And as someone else said, move the Kinsman stuff to the Cove. If it is not NFL of NFL related it should be moved. Especially considering over 70% of posters don't want to see it here. That is a big contributor to the trolling going on right now.My $.02. And did JDub just rage quit again? Come on bro at least wait until we draft the guys who aren't on your top-50 list before you rage quit again. I was looking forward to the draft day excitement.

I posted it earlier today. It's become ridiculous. First, it was RuNole. Now, it's ufojoe. It seems as if half the threads on the front page have to do with legal analysis or Kinsman. I'd rather read about mock drafts, FA rumors, discussions on roster battles, draft picks in the middle rounds, etc. Hell, I'd rather read you posting about midgets. Lol. (Sorry...couldn't resist) Give RuNole and Joe a battleground in The Cove and let them and the others duke it out there. ...nice to see JDub flaming out as usual. He's like a menstrual cycle, only annually and right around draft time. Hardy is ok, Winston is not. Later hypocrite.

Yeah, it's a shame that people couldn't handle just using the Winston and Mariota stickies, but everyone starts new threads for every article they come across or opinion they have and then they all break down to the same debates. If there was a mod that was pushing everything to the stickies and the legal conversation to another thread, it would help big time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to. Joe and I have had our words, some on the boards and some in private, but hehttps://hashtagfacts.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/jameis-winston-who-is-he/ hasn't crossed those type of lines at all. I think he is completely nuts, but he has a right to be. Kidding Joe..sort of.

So Chumlee was never accused? I still think he did it. I won't rest until there's a full investigation by the media. Tweeting Ira now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he has beat us up somewhat, but that is because he doesn't feel we have investigated like he would prefer us to. I can live with that criticism, but the nut hugging comments, the knob slobbing, that kind of BS is what I am mainly referring to. Joe and I have had our words, some on the boards and some in private, but hehttps://hashtagfacts.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/jameis-winston-who-is-he/ hasn't crossed those type of lines at all. I think he is completely nuts, but he has a right to be. Kidding Joe..sort of.

So Chumlee was never accused? I still think he did it. I won't rest until there's a full investigation by the media. Tweeting Ira now.

LOL  Good one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I, for one, am totally in favor of moving all non-football related conversations to the cove. These EK debates are cluttering the red board, foster all this drama llama and simply don’t belong there. Keep it on the field for Red board. Debate the off the field at the Cove. Sounds good to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I, for one, am totally in favor of moving all non-football related conversations to the cove. These EK debates are cluttering the red board, foster all this drama llama and simply don't belong there. Keep it on the field for Red board. Debate the off the field at the Cove. Sounds good to me.

i second

• Anonymous

Inactive

I, for one, am totally in favor of moving all non-football related conversations to the cove. These EK debates are cluttering the red board, foster all this drama llama and simply don't belong there. Keep it on the field for Red board. Debate the off the field at the Cove. Sounds good to me.

i second

From that poll awhile back on this subject, 70% of the board agree.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing I asked about that was to not call the kid a a rapist. Alleged, idiot, numbskull whatever, just not rapist. And everyone for the most part has been ok with that.

What's the logic behind this request?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing I asked about that was to not call the kid a a rapist. Alleged, idiot, numbskull whatever, just not rapist. And everyone for the most part has been ok with that.

Libel. He wasn't charged, arrested or convicted. Those are the facts. You can't continue to call someone rapist a without proof. We as a website could be held accountable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to ask?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinsman is fair game, tho’…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinsman is fair game, tho'...

Ha

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinsman is fair game, tho'...

Ha

No. If someone claimed she was a criminal despite being cleared, then that would also be unacceptable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Libel. He wasn't charged, arrested or convicted. Those are the facts. You can't continue to call someone rapist a without proof. We as a website could be held accountable.

So then why just Winston? How about when people call Hardy a sociopath or an abuser? How about any of the other many players that get called something they aren't? Aaron Hernandez has been called a murderer and he hasn't been convicted. This seems like a very arbitrary rule to encompass one player and suggests that it's not really about "libel" and more about you not liking to read it about Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i second

No argument from me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So then why just Winston? How about when people call Hardy a sociopath or an abuser? How about any of the other many players that get called something they aren't? Aaron Hernandez has been called a murderer and he hasn't been convicted. This seems like a very arbitrary rule to encompass one player and suggests that it's not really about "libel" and more about you not liking to read it about Winston.

When the Bucs bail Hernandez out of jail and sign him then we will worry about him. And seriously? You really want to make a comparison between Winston and Hernandez? Or Hardy for that matter? You know two guys who have actually been arrested and charged and in the case of Hardy, convicted in a bench trial? Try harder next time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When the Bucs bail Hernandez out of jail and sign him then we will worry about him. And seriously? You really want to make a comparison between Winston and Hernandez? Or Hardy for that matter? You know two guys who have actually been arrested and charged and in the case of Hardy, convicted in a bench trial? Try harder next time.

There's nothing to try harder as you just aren't understanding the question. I am not comparing Winston to anyone in terms of what has happened off the field. I am saying you are okay with other people being called things they haven't been convicted of but choose to make a rule about Winston.For instance, when Jerramy Stevens and Ben Roethlisberger have been called rapists on this forum in the past, there has never been a rule not to do so because of libel.When Michael Clayton or Michael Johnson has been called a thief, there hasn't been a rule not to do so because of libel.So that leads me to believe the Winston rule is just because he's an FSU guy and you don't like to read people calling him a rapist and has nothing to do with libel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's nothing to try harder as you just aren't understanding the question. I am not comparing Winston to anyone in terms of what has happened off the field. I am saying you are okay with other people being called things they haven't been convicted of but choose to make a rule about Winston.For instance, when Jerramy Stevens and Ben Roethlisberger have been called rapists on this forum in the past, there has never been a rule not to do so because of libel.When Michael Clayton or Michael Johnson has been called a thief, there hasn't been a rule not to do so because of libel.So that leads me to believe the Winston rule is just because he's an FSU guy and you don't like to read people calling him a rapist and has nothing to do with libel.

You would argue a royal straight flush, I swear.    SMH

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naismith, I can't think of any other time I've had any other problems with your posts.  Honestly not trying to be inflammatory (enough of that from everyone else), but you're being silly.  The difference is that there are hundreds of posts about Winston and the "rapist" card is being thrown around lots.  One-off references to Hernandez or Hardy or "X Player" aren't an issue.When there are 15 threads dedicated to Aaron Hernandez, then you can complain.  Until then, let's be reasonable and logical about this. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there was ANY way he could have charged Winston with ANY crime he would have.  Kinsman's story just didn't hold up, kept changing, and wasn't supported by the physical evidence, like the toxicology report that came back clean despite her saying she was drugged.

Meggs was handcuffed by the hand he was dealt. Kinsman's story had problems. But with proper police work, Meggs MAY have been able to overcome that and been able to get a conviction. Maybe not. Maybe if they had done their jobs, it would have been clear that Winston was innocent.Comments from Meggs and a former prosecutor in the NYT article...“They just missed all the basic fundamental stuff that you are supposed to do,” Mr. Meggs said in a recent interview. Even so, he cautioned, a better investigation might have yielded the same result.* * *In the recent interview, Mr. Meggs said he was surprised that the police had not quickly found Mr. Casher. “How long does it take to identify a freshman football player — about 10, 15, 16 seconds?” he asked, adding, “Anybody that looked at this case would say you get a report at 2 in the morning, by noon you could have had the defendant identified and talked to.”* * *As for not finding the taxi driver, “I am convinced that we would have identified the cabdriver that night and had an interview with him,” Mr. Meggs said. “Don’t know what we would have learned, but we would have learned the truth. I am also convinced that had it been done properly, we would have had the video from Potbelly’s.”By the time the prosecutor asked for that video, the tape had long since been recycled.Unlike the police, prosecutors said they interviewed every cabdriver they could find who had worked that night, but they turned up no new information. Mr. Meggs said that while his investigators probably spoke to the driver they were seeking, “at 11 months later, maybe he didn’t remember, maybe he didn’t want to remember.”Mr. Meggs said he was shocked that the police investigator’s first attempt to contact Mr. Winston was by telephone. “He says, ‘I have baseball practice, I’ll get with you later,’” Mr. Meggs said. That call allowed Mr. Winston to hire a lawyer who told him not to talk.“It’s insane to call a suspect on the phone,” Mr. Meggs said. “First off, you don’t know who you are talking to.” He said he would have gone straight to the baseball field. “If you walked up to Jameis Winston in the middle of baseball practice and said, ‘Come here, son, I need to talk to you,’ he would have said, ‘Yes, sir.’”Mr. Meggs added: “He’s not in custody, you don’t have to read him his rights. He might have said, ‘I didn’t have sex that night.’”* * *Neither the police nor the prosecutor’s office subpoenaed the phone records of Mr. Casher, Mr. Darby or Mr. Winston — even though they investigated all electronic communications to and from the accuser around the time of the sexual encounter.The failure to seek similar electronic communications from the three football players surprised one former assistant state attorney, who prosecuted a Florida State football player on a rape charge a decade ago. “Why that was done, I don’t really know the answer to that,” said the former prosecutor, Adam Ruiz. “To me, that’s a no-brainer.”Mr. Ruiz said his children, aged 7 to 21, all had iPhones, and even for something as mundane as rain: “You’re texting 30 people about it. I can’t imagine there would not have been something coming off that cellphone after the incident.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

The difference is that there are hundreds of posts about Winston and the "rapist" card is being thrown around lots.  One-off references to Hernandez or Hardy or "X Player" aren't an issue.When there are 15 threads dedicated to Aaron Hernandez, then you can complain.  Until then, let's be reasonable and logical about this.

Whether it's in one post or a hundred or one thread or fifteen, it doesn't matter. Libel is libel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Perhaps I haven't been clear. Winston is THE topic on these boards, in case you haven't noticed. He is potentially the No. 1 pick in the draft by the Buccaneers. I seriously doubt that the examples given have been called those names any where nearly the frequency of the handful of anti- Winston people. Stevens and Roethlisberger? I wasn't on the boards when these guys were in the news for the alleged comments. Johnson and Clayton being called a thief is clearly a figure of speech. No one is calling Winston a rapist, as a joke or as a figure of speech. Trust me, if someone claimed either had robbed a bank, but the police, DA and a SCJ all said there wasn't proof that they did it, then I can assure you we would not allow them to be called a thief. As far as libel goes, I took down an anti-JBF thread a couple years back, after some of our readers were claiming they stole other's work. Did you think I really wanted to? Not really but if someone can't prove it, they can't go around making accusations like that, so I deleted it.But believe whatever you want man.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that libel is probably just a copout and stopping the rapist talk is just to quell some more emotion outbursts but the only slightly relevant example is roethlisberger but his lawyers aren't going to scour every football site in the land to send a cease and desist order.Hernandez is on trial. He hasn't been convicted but her certainly hasn't been found not innocent. Maybe there will be a new rule if he is found innocent. Hardy was found guilty at some point. He'd have a hard time suing anyone for libel be a use the very first question would be "did you pay off the victim."The twin Michaels would have a real hard time proving they didn't time steal when referring to theiving.Winston, on the other hand, can prove quickly that he wasn't charged. This is also one of, if not the biggest bucs forum on the Web. It's not crazy to think his lawyers wouldn't come here to protect his name with at least a cease and desist.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naismith, I can't think of any other time I've had any other problems with your posts.  Honestly not trying to be inflammatory (enough of that from everyone else), but you're being silly.  The difference is that there are hundreds of posts about Winston and the "rapist" card is being thrown around lots.  One-off references to Hernandez or Hardy or "X Player" aren't an issue.When there are 15 threads dedicated to Aaron Hernandez, then you can complain.  Until then, let's be reasonable and logical about this.

I'm not trying to be contentious, was just trying to understand the logic of what I thought was an inconsistent rule. I'm very, very pro-Winston and have been on board with him as the pick since back in early December. I genuinely think anyone that calls him a rapist is a giant dummy, just as I think anyone that calls the girl a liar (or often times worse) is a giant dummy.I am also very pro-Mark Cook and think he can be a great asset to the forum in addition to his writing. However, it is frustrating that he only has time for the forum to defend Winston. I was curious about the ruling because it has never been a rule in place for any other player in any other instance and speaks to the issues some people have about this site being on a Winston PR campaign (which I don't believe) as well as my issue that we have a guy with great insight to the team that only posts when it's to defend his FSU guy. His reasoning didn't and doesn't ring true but I wasn't trying to get into it with him. I'm still a fan and still hope he contributes more to other aspects of the forum, but I don't believe the explanation behind the Winston-specific rule. All of that said, it's their forum and his reason could be as simple as, "Shut up Naismith" and I'm fine with that. I've never called Winston a rapist and likely never will, so it has no bearing on me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there was ANY way he could have charged Winston with ANY crime he would have.  Kinsman's story just didn't hold up, kept changing, and wasn't supported by the physical evidence, like the toxicology report that came back clean despite her saying she was drugged.

Meggs was handcuffed by the hand he was dealt. Kinsman's story had problems. But with proper police work, Meggs MAY have been able to overcome that and been able to get a conviction. Maybe not. Maybe if they had done their jobs, it would have been clear that Winston was innocent.

Well, that's one way of putting it.  I suppose giving two radically different physical descriptions, then finding two semen samples in her underwear, one DNA resembling her first description the other resembling her second, one being her "boyfriend's," the other being Winston's, that could be problematic for Meggs to overcome.  Lying about being drugged.  Inconsistencies in her story, which kept changing.  Yep, there were problems, but lets blame the many investigators for not turning up evidence that could possibly have existed, but probably didn't based on all the actual evidence that was attained. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that libel is probably just a copout and stopping the rapist talk is just to quell some more emotion outbursts but the only slightly relevant example is roethlisberger but his lawyers aren't going to scour every football site in the land to send a cease and desist order.

I was actually surprised at how similar the circumstances were for Stevens. He was accused of rape, there were lots of claims that the police botched the investigation, he was never suspended and charges weren't filed against him.Of course, with the backdrop of everything that has happened with him since, I feel a lot better about calling him a bad guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that libel is probably just a copout and stopping the rapist talk is just to quell some more emotion outbursts but the only slightly relevant example is roethlisberger but his lawyers aren't going to scour every football site in the land to send a cease and desist order.

I was actually surprised at how similar the circumstances were for Stevens. He was accused of rape, there were lots of claims that the police botched the investigation, he was never suspended and charges weren't filed against him.Of course, with the backdrop of everything that has happened with him since, I feel a lot better about calling him a bad guy.

I'd have to revisit it and don't really care to, tbh, but didn't she awake.in some bushes or something?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not trying to be contentious, was just trying to understand the logic of what I thought was an inconsistent rule. I'm very, very pro-Winston and have been on board with him as the pick since back in early December. I genuinely think anyone that calls him a rapist is a giant dummy, just as I think anyone that calls the girl a liar (or often times worse) is a giant dummy.I am also very pro-Mark Cook and think he can be a great asset to the forum in addition to his writing. However, it is frustrating that he only has time for the forum to defend Winston. I was curious about the ruling because it has never been a rule in place for any other player in any other instance and speaks to the issues some people have about this site being on a Winston PR campaign (which I don't believe) as well as my issue that we have a guy with great insight to the team that only posts when it's to defend his FSU guy. His reasoning didn't and doesn't ring true but I wasn't trying to get into it with him. I'm still a fan and still hope he contributes more to other aspects of the forum, but I don't believe the explanation behind the Winston-specific rule. All of that said, it's their forum and his reason could be as simple as, "Shut up Naismith" and I'm fine with that. I've never called Winston a rapist and likely never will, so it has no bearing on me.

I have posted on multiple threads about other things, especially before the first of the year. But this Winston Mariota crap has been the most time consuming part of the job. Look it is 12:41 am on what is supposed to be an off day and I am on the boards...Again I add my two cents on a regular basis on other topics but right now this topic is what is taking over the boards. I enjoy interacting on here, well I did, and appreciate that people want my input from time to time.And the Stevens thing was before my time. Oh yeah I would never tell you to shut up Naismith lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d have to revisit it and don’t really care to, tbh, but didn’t she awake.in some bushes or something?

I didn't look into it that much, just the generalities to see if I was remembering correctly that he was never charged. I doubt the specifics are much similar. Regardless, I will join you in not caring about him!So yeah, go Bucs, go PR, go Winston.

Viewing 163 reply threads
  • The topic ‘COMMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN DIRECTED AT PR STAFF’ is closed to new replies.