Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Commish987

Participant

cbsloc.al/1jaIQ9l

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link doesnt work. Thats okay. It seems the local writers just do these crazy mocks to get people to comment and drive up their ratings....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way Yankey will be there for us in the 3rd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek Carr ?? …..god damn it Commish…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yea Yankey wont be there in the third. Thinking about Carr at 7 makes me very depressed. Lee in the second is cool. Im starting to think we should just go for 2 WRs early. Evans and Lee, or even Beckham and whoever is the best in the second. in this case Lee. Id be totally fine with Glennon or McCown or looking for the future QB another year if we were lining up Evans, Lee, and Vjax.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I like Beckham I’d prefer Ebron if the other two WRs are gone. He makes a lot of sense if we are going to use our TEs like NE..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I like Beckham I'd prefer Ebron if the other two WRs are gone. He makes a lot of sense if we are going to use our TEs like NE..

I like Ebron too, but I personally think he's being hyped as being better than he is right now. If it were me calling shots for an NFL team, I wouldnt take any TE in the top 20 this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah , Pepsi. Load up on wr . This is the draft to do it. Worry about QB later when all the weapons are in place. We’ve got the 2 year bridge with McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah , Pepsi. Load up on wr . This is the draft to do it. Worry about QB later when all the weapons are in place. We've got the 2 year bridge with McCown.

Unless they want Manziel, I think that may be the way to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah , Pepsi. Load up on wr . This is the draft to do it. Worry about QB later when all the weapons are in place. We've got the 2 year bridge with McCown.

If  he is a bridge then we won't be looking at prospects any better than the ones we have this year because we won't be picking where the elite prospects are. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all you need is a QB as the final piece of the puzzle ,  you can get up into the top 10. Trade a shlt load of picks if you have to. It doesn’t matter at that point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m actually starting to think that Carr would be a decent pick for us, but not at 7. I bet Tedford could groom this young man into a stud. If we could trade down, I may actually like him better than us picking Bortles at 7..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all you need is a QB as the final piece of the puzzle ,  you can get up into the top 10. Trade a shlt load of picks if you have to. It doesn't matter at that point.

Wow, this is brilliant logic and ignore that if the prospect is soooooooooo good no one will trade out for that guy. Plus, other than the guy going 1 overall in a handful of years the other guys are gonna still look a lot like these guys. Reality is, if we like one of these QBs this is the year to take them because the cost is low, Lovie has enough leash to maybe recover if things go sideways with that guy and Mc ain't gonna be an answer for very long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could get Carr AND two good receivers, I’d have to consider that a win. But even in a trade down scenario, Lovie would probably want to use some of those picks on his defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm actually starting to think that Carr would be a decent pick for us, but not at 7. I bet Tedford could groom this young man into a stud. If we could trade down, I may actually like him better than us picking Bortles at 7..

If you think he can be a decent pick, which I assume means turn into a quality starter, then why wouldn't he be a good pick at 7?  Why dink about if you think he is a QB of the future to to around a few picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all you need is a QB as the final piece of the puzzle ,  you can get up into the top 10. Trade a shlt load of picks if you have to. It doesn't matter at that point.

Wow, this is brilliant logic and ignore that if the prospect is soooooooooo good no one will trade out for that guy. Plus, other than the guy going 1 overall in a handful of years the other guys are gonna still look a lot like these guys. Reality is, if we like one of these QBs this is the year to take them because the cost is low, Lovie has enough leash to maybe recover if things go sideways with that guy and Mc ain't gonna be an answer for very long.

Exactly. While it's certainly possible whatever future QB available at #7 overall will be better than whoever is available this year, ie the difference between picking Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 over Jake Locker in 2011, on draft day there will be just as many question marks, which is why the guy is available in the first place and not getting picked #1 or #2 overall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like a qb at 7 but I can’t get behind any mock that has Carr as our pick at 7. No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can trade up for a QB if need be. See the Redskins.No reason to grasp at straws. If they 100% sold on one of these guys , fine. If not , wait and build.Since we have a QB guru now , there is also the old fashioned way - draft a guy you can develop and actually develop him. Imagine that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can trade up for a QB if need be. See the Redskins.No reason to grasp at straws. If they 100% sold on one of these guys , fine. If not , wait and build.

One, the Deadskins got fleeced for years to get their QB. Two, the only reason that happened was the oddity that the Lambs had drafted their guy on the massive rookie deals just a few years ago. I'm not sure 1 is ever what you want to "plan"  for and you certainly can't count on the second situation. Usually teams that are in a place to draft a really good QB prospect have a need for a really good QB prospect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your QB is all that matters , as you claim , does it matter if you are fleeced as long as you get the Superstar QB ?Only problem with that trade for the skins is RGIII is underperforming.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also , ever consider Tedford might see a guy in the middle rounds he loves , and thinks he can develop while McCown does the heavy lifting for 2 years ? Licht had a quote earlier that made me believe rjis might be the case.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also , ever consider Tedford might see a guy in the middle rounds he loves , and thinks he can develop while McCown does the heavy lifting for 2 years ? Licht had a quote earlier that made me believe rjis might be the case.

Aaron Murray

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could be , Hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign me up….he’s got a lil moxie. To me, you’ve gotta have that. Love it in Rodgers….cocky without being overly so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch L&Ls mystery man end up being Tom Savage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m thinking Garrett Gilbert. Talented kid from a Christian school in Texas ? Lovie’s kind of guy.

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.