Comparison to Favre has to Stop (It’s Lazy and Ignorant)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    harrybucman
    Participant

Racist? Hell, I don’t care what color they are as long as they win games. I’ll take polka dots if they can win.

Dilfer was a .500 QB here in Tampa. .500! WTH. How did we become so ok with losing that we are thinking of keeping this jack off another year or more?

Tell your wife I said to take out a large life insurance on you. When Jameis is under center for the start of the 2020 season, you’re going to have a heart attack, keel over and die. Can I attend your funeral. I just want to see what hate and misery looks like laying in a dreary casket.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

And your tombstone is going to read “CONSUMED BY HATE”.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    thestamos23
    Participant

It seems stat wise Winston is closer to early career Peyton Manning than Favre. The first 5 years of his career he threw a high volume of ints and then it went down. Im not confident Winston follows that path, but you never know…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    moose40
    Participant

Comparing Winston to Favre is lazy, almost as lazy as comparing Winston to Culpepper.

Culpepper’s first 6 years (his first year he had 1 game, so this is his first 5 years played)

Culpepper 18,598 yards (1539 completions on 2391 attempts),  129tds, 74 ints

Winston 18,743 yards (so far 1497 completions on 2434 attempts), 114 tds, 81 ints, and he still has a handful of games left

Both have prolific WR cores (Carter and Moss, VJax and ME, and Godwin)

Similar numbers.

If Media is going to be lazy and compare Winston to a Hall of Famer like Favre, I’m going to be lazy and compare Winston to Culpepper, whose stats are eerily similar at this point in their careers.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

Why don’t we just compare the modern era NFL QBs (meaning the last 6 years after all of the rules changes where we’ve seen an absurd, league-wide spike in every passing efficiency and gross category) to the 1960s?

Lets go all in on the complete and utter denial of Era-Based-Baselining.

If we do that, we can say that every_single_QB in the league currently is many-times-over better than Johnny Unitas with his miserable 6.3 % Int rate, 50.3 % Completion Rate, 3099 Yards, and only 73.9 Passer Rating in his prime!

The 60s aren’t the 80s.

The 80s aren’t the late 90s/early 2000s.

2004-2012 aren’t 2013-present.

There have been multiple iterations of the NFL ruleset that has had an INTENDED AMPLIFYING EFFECT on the NFL passing game.

The same thing is happening in the NBA (possessions are up like crazy, points are up like crazy, FT attempts are up…all of it).

Modern fanbases want offenses (or at least league offices think they do)…so they’re getting it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Northside
    Participant

I get that you can’t compare eras and that this era creates more prolific yards passing but are we just going to pretend Jameis isn’t #2 in yards and TDs this season? This being a passing era doesn’t explain why he’s #2 in both of those categories and outproducing his competition.

Fact is, compared to his contemporaries, he’s both highly productive and turns the ball over a ton.

Focussing on the turnovers while minimizing the production is just cherry picking.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Why don’t we just compare the modern era NFL QBs (meaning the last 6 years after all of the rules changes where we’ve seen an absurd, league-wide spike in every passing efficiency and gross category) to the 1960s?

Because it would actually be logical, more accurate, and shoot a lot of arguments to hell.

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

(Good post @nobody)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    kenntak
    Participant

No at @Northside, because his interception percentage is way higher than average for 2019. In fact, here are Winston’s interception percentages for the last three seasons:

2017    2.5%

2018    3.7%

2019     4.5%

He has been getting worse. The average interception percentage this year, by the way, is only 2.3% Winston’s is almost double the average! This is a problem that must be fixed before the Bucs can be a playoff team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

In this day in age where the passing rules are EASIER and favorable for QB’s his INT rate is absurd. We better draft a qb within the first two rounds next year. I’m hoping we treat him like Alex Smith and we find our Mahomes this draft.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    notabucsfan
    Participant

damn the haters are mad mad that Winston keeps winning when his defense actually shows up hahaha

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

damn the haters are mad mad that Winston keeps winning when his defense actually shows up hahaha

Smh…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    notabucsfan
    Participant

@DonkeyHunter

You can shake your head all you want but its facts. In wins defense gives up 24.8ppg and loses 33ppg (Against the Rams we gave up 40 points but Offense scored 55 points to win).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

Winston has proven that his offensive output is enough to win games, when the defense plays even sort of good.

This is not debatable. When the defense ranks in the top 20 we haven’t lost any games this season. Period.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

BucBalla85
    Participant

So if we dont win and the D doesnt do its job and Winston turns the ball over who gets the blame then? One thing has been a constant all season long. Winston is turning the ball over. That is a fact that no Winston supporter can run from. Something that changed the D got better. Something that didnt change. Winston still turns the ball over. Another fact. Why do we have to settle for the turnovers and having to overcome them every game with the rest of the team playing well? Sometimes our franchise QB needs to overcome poor play by the rest of the team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

You can shake your head all you want but its facts. In wins defense gives up 24.8ppg and loses 33ppg (Against the Rams we gave up 40 points but Offense scored 55 points to win).

Yes.

I’m glad our defense was able to stand stout after Winston and co. personally spotted the opposition a TD for the (5th time this season) and 2 more additional turnovers that led to a total of 17 points.

By the way, what’s our franchise’s winning percentage when we have a -3 turnover margin?

Damn defense…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.