Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Great game knocking off the overpaid Yankees

• Mike

Participant

And Brosseau getting Chapman? PERFECT ending.

• seekpar

Participant

Agreed, was the best karma in action. That was one helluvan at-bat. And it was great to beat the Yankees when they were at full strength.

Now the Rays need to teach those cheaters a lesson and get to the World Series!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Always nice to see the Yankees get bounced.

• tampaspicer

Participant

My personal most hated sports franchise. It was a wonderful feeling seeing them get sent home.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Yes, truly a great game from our Rays! I’m as diehard of a Rays as you’ll meet, and was literally jumping up and down like a fool when he homered. I played baseball in Tampa for 16 years, including earning a 75% baseball scholarship to Tusculum…so I have so much pride in Tampa as a true baseball city, one that produces sooo many pro players. Got a gut feeling in the 6th that we were going to win this game. This was an interesting series as we aren’t a team built to out homer others esp not the Yanks (Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Torres, LeMahieu, Voit, etc). The Rays will need to get more hits and men on base, to beat Houston…and esp if we can get to WS and play the Dodgers

• tampaspicer

Participant

Grew up a Braves fan and switched teams when the Rays came along. Would like to see the Rays and Braves play in the World Series.

• Jed

Participant

What a great win for the Rays. They kept showing some Yankees fans cheering on a balcony during the game. Where was the shot of them after the 8th inning blast hit the seats in the outfield? That would have been fun to see. Go RAYS!

• Jed

Participant

I did find this video of Yankees fans watching the game last night. The older guy in back knew it was over after the Rays took the 2-1 lead. He gets up and walks out of the room. He was done.

• seekpar

Participant

LOL! Excedrin headache #5.

• Roy

Participant

Love the video.

• tampaspicer

Participant

Awesome video. Effff the Yankees!!!

• BP1

Participant

Not many Yankees hats and shirts in NYC today. I have my Lightning Stanley Cup Champions shirt on today. What a beautiful Fall day for a walk. Had a Rangers fan thanking us for beating the Islanders. lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

My personal most hated sports franchise. It was a wonderful feeling seeing them get sent home.

Lol. Me too.

Great win

• RudeGuy

Participant

Yes, perfect Hollywood ending to the series. For those who don’t know the story Chapman threw at his head back in September after he came in to pinch hit. No reason for it. Chapman then struck him out. Benches were cleared after Chapman stared him down and words were exchanged. The next day Cash put Bross in the starting lineup and he hit back to back homers.

Now on to the ALDS series. Chapman struck him out in game 4. And then came game 5 on Friday night. You know the rest of the story. GO RAYS!!!!

• BP1

Participant

Yes, perfect Hollywood ending to the series. For those who don’t know the story Chapman threw at his head back in September after he came in to pinch hit. No reason for it. Chapman then struck him out. Benches were cleared after Chapman stared him down and words were exchanged. The next day Cash put Bross in the starting lineup and he hit back to back homers.

Now on to the ALDS series. Chapman struck him out in game 4. And then came game 5 on Friday night. You know the rest of the story. GO RAYS!!!!

OMG what a great story. Thanks for sharing, Rude Guy.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.