Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

I will jump onboard if anyone can tell me why he is good, and why there is an upside to his peaked physical talent?

• BucsSavant

Participant

You need help bud. Move on.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Why add to the pile of Trask threads that have gone in depth about this already. Just curious.

I’ll just leave this here…

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is an alternative. Why should I like this pick? It is clear a vast majority so far seem to dislike the selection for a myriad of reasons.

This is a question for us doubters to you guys who know football. Why should we like this pick?

It would have gotten lost in the myriad of mostly negative reviews.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No different than the Aguayo thread when I harped about it for a long while. This feels almost as bad because of the way this team is currently built. Is that such a bad thing to question, on a message board filled with…us? This makes the question universal, and fair. I’ve watched so much of this kid and I cannot for the life of me fathom…but why? Just reload the front lines first.

• Jr.3

Participant

After watching some games of his on Youtube today I get a Drew Brees feel from him. Not in size but more arm strenght and how he reads the defense this last year and disrupted the ball to his play makers. I wasn’t a fan of this pick but the more I watch him the more I notice he’s stay comfortable in a pocket that is collapsing and still goes through his reads. Lets hope 1 or 2 years behind Brady does him a lot of good.

• harrybucman

Participant

Can you tell me why anyone should give a rat’s ass what you think. I can guarantee you nobody at One Buc’s Place gives a damn.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

This kid actually has some potential to develop into a quality starter (not necessarily a superstar). He’s got two years to sit and learn, and who better to learn from than the best there ever was?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Atta boy! See how hard that was. So many doubters want some comfort regarding this particularly polarizing selection. Polarizing for various reasons. But existent and this pick will be talked about for years.

After watching some games of his on Youtube today I get a Drew Brees feel from him. Not in size but more arm strenght and how he reads the defense this last year and disrupted the ball to his play makers. I wasn’t a fan of this pick but the more I watch him the more I notice he’s stay comfortable in a pocket that is collapsing and still goes through his reads. Lets hope 1 or 2 years behind Brady does him a lot of good.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is a message board genius. Figure it out. You get a possible 20 points for this assignment. Otherwise, Pennywise is a better poster than you, because at least he understands that is what drives a message board community you old muppet.

Can you tell me why anyone should give a rat’s ass what you think. I can guarantee you nobody at One Buc’s Place gives a damn.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is not a comforting response to so many naysayers. Brady has never been known as a great tutor, and now he is old and trying to win rings, his focus is going to be in perfecting the offense for his immediate future, not worrying about Trask. He has been a QB for twenty years and he doesn’t have a long list of backups who sat behind him, and have gone on to huge success. If you mention San Fran, I’ll laugh. We know why they went to the Lombardi game.

This kid actually has some potential to develop into a quality starter (not necessarily a superstar). He’s got two years to sit and learn, and who better to learn from than the best there ever was?

• BucBalla85

Participant

There’s not much anyone can convince you of now. We will have to wait until he plays to see if the pick paid off in any way.

• Boid Fink

Participant

The Brees comparison was interesting. But not valid because I see anticipation throws, but not like Brees. At all. But he does throw with the playbook in mind, much like Griffin does. So a good comp is he has done flashes of Griffin in him. But is that worth a second rounder who won’t play for years?

There’s not much anyone can convince you of now. We will have to wait until he plays to see if the pick paid off in any way.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Also, you must be in delusional smacktard if you think anyone at 1Buc reads and takes this crap seriously. Jesus.. take some hydroxychloriquine.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

Couple facts:

Heard coach BA talking about coach Tom Moore, QB coach Clyde C and Lefty working on developing him. None mention Tom. Which means they expect his development to be guided by a guy who helped develop Manning.

Basically, I have great confidence in this crew.

Very few felt great about the Notre Dame QB that won a few Super Bowls when he was drafted.

A lot of people felt great about David Carr and Jeff George

Point is it’s about coaching and system fit and intelligence, immeasurable things too. Some guys see ghosts in a crowded pocket. Some guys make their reads Pre snap and can get the ball out on time and some can’t.

I could go on. Arm strength isn’t all that matters. See Jeff George.

Oh and Minnesota was trying to trade ahead of us for Trask by the way in Rd 2.

Peace out

• Barnz1

Participant

Devil’s advocate – Trask had a higher PFF passing grade than Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance.

Therefore Trask is better than the #1 and #3 pick and the Bucs are geniuses.

Am I doing it right?

• BucHarbour

Participant

Every year, people put way too much emphasis on physical traits and not enough in the brain power, being the ability to know where to go before and shortly after the snap. The most important traits for any QB are as follows: 1) enough arm strength to put the ball down the field at least 40 yards without too much effort, 2) the ability to fit the ball into tight windows at every level and all areas of the field, 3) the ability to accurately throw with anticipation, putting the ball where your receiver can get it and the defender can’t, 4) the ability to read defenses quickly both pre and post snap, and 5) the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver, which also includes the ability to slide around pressure.

Having said all of that, despite his limited starts, Trask was able to demonstrate all of those traits. Same traits that Brady, Manning, Montana, and a host of other top tier pocket passers have had. The NFL has become so fixated on the mobile QB, but mobility has never been a need at the position, even now, unless your o-line sucks. Even then, making a QB scramble all the time when they are mobile doesn’t lead to wins in the passing game all that often.

So why Trask? Because he sees where to go with the ball and is very accurate at getting it there on time with touch (why throw a bullet on a fade or an out?). He processes the game very quickly, and can make all the throws. He stands in the pocket and makes great throws under duress. He can hit all the throws the NFL requires of him. What’s not too like? Now he’s not perfect. He’s got a minor mechanical issue that pops up occasionally and can lead to a floater, but that’s rare enough and can be worked out of him, as it’s not one of those mechanical issues that’s impossible to fix. It’s why he gets the “weak arm” BS that some spout. The kid, in just his second season of starting, including High School, went out and tore up the SEC last year and set records despite a shortened season. He’s going to be a steal, and the Bucs staff recognize it.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Very good analysis BucHarbour.

I will admit, I was PISSED when I saw the pick come in on the ticker. I wanted the first few rounds to be able to see the field and contribute this season. I’ll admit that I was not a big fan of Trask, for whatever reason Florida QBs never pan out.. their offense is usually too gimmicky.

On sunday I took the time and watched 2 condensed games: The SEC Championship vs. Bama, and the Florida Georgia game in 2020.

From what I saw, Trask is very accurate, he throws a very catchable ball, he processes very quickly and goes thru his progressions well, he’s not mobile by any stretch but he does move well in the pocket and he’s not afraid to get popped, he throws with anticipation, and the Florida offense they ran with him was MUCH more pro-style then the Florida offense I’ve gotten used to seeing. The play calling was very innovative and I believe it’s because Trask was able to run a more pro style offense, because he’s able to process rather quickly. While he’s really not mobile, he’s built like a truck and he’s done a good job of converting on 3rd and 4th and short and sneaks.

Plus you’ve also gotta love his story, instead of transferring he just put his head down and worked even harder and improved his game.

He doesn’t have a cannon arm, but like BucsHarbour said, I think he can improve his ball velocity by fixing some mechanical issues, I don’t think he could have been put in a better situation. He can hold the clip board and soak up information and learn for a few years.

Sure he’s not the flavor of the week, he’s not Mahomes or Josh Allen, what everyone seems to want at QB right now.. but I’ve changed my tune on the pick.

Had we taken him in Round 1, I don’t think I ever would have… but getting him at the end of round 2, when 2 other QBs went right after… that was where he was going to go, around the 2-3 turn.

To be quite honest, I don’t see a huge difference in Trask while comparing him to Mac Jones, who went middle of round 1. They’re actually quite similar prospects, but for whatever reason Mac Jones shot up everyone’s draft board…

• BucsFan83

Participant

I think the real question is why dont you think he’s a good selection?

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Only thing I can think of is cap savings…I guess.

Build the trenches!

• Natural Selection

Participant

The only cap savings for 2021 would be if they don’t resign Gabbert as a result of drafting a QB at 64.

Trask’s rookie salary would be a little higher than Griffen’s contract. If it ends up Brady/Gabbert/Trask, we would have slightly increased our 2021 QB spending.

It should have real cap value for several seasons beyond if Trask is able to earn the backup role.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Right but at that point Trask has to prove he is head and shoulders better than Griffin in year 1 and seriously challenge Gabbert for the #2 spot next off season.

That is asking a lot out of a rookie QB with major issues with mechanics and lacking experience.

Build the trenches!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

No point in convincing anybody about anything when it comes to QBs, outside of the fact that most of the time they don’t reach their draft potential, and that it’s still absolutely essential to draft them anyways. This was a pick middle of day 2 so maybe if you can be convinced to keep some perspective and understand it’s a low risk attempt at a gamble that every team has to make at some point. Just enjoy the ride.

• Biggs3535

Participant

1. Big, smart, accurate QB that takes what the defense gives him.
      2. He isn’t just accurate, his ball placement is excellent – allowing his playmakers to get YAC. Look at Pitts’ and Toney’s highlight tapes and where the ball is placed for those guys, especially when they are covered fairly well. He was lucky to have a lot of playmakers at Florida. Does this Buccaneer team have any offensive playmakers he can take advantage of?
      3. Value. The difference between Mac Jones and Kyle Trask as prospects was very minimal. The difference in where they were drafted is pretty huge.
      4. The arm-strength thing is way overplayed. He doesn’t’ have a howitzer, but he can make 99% of the throws that need to be made in an NFL game. He isn’t Chad fuggin’ Pennington out there with a popgun arm.
      5. Moves well within the pocket and his pocket presence has improved with experience.

The best thing for Trask and the team is he isn’t under any pressure. He has the advantage of not having to take a meaningful snap for a year or two. He may turn out to be nothing but a backup QB, but the selection was good value and made sense for a team with a 44 year old QB come August.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Agreed Biggs, I don’t think Mac Jones was ever in the conversation at 3 overall. There is NOT a huge difference between Trask and Jones as prospects.. Both played the SEC, both had 2 first round pass catchers, but Jones had a rock solid run game and the perennial Bama defense. Jones might have a slighter bigger arm, but it’s negligible.

Value wise, I’d much rather have Trask at 64 then Mac Jones at 15.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Part of my issue with the pick is your closing thought. We hope he doesn’t take any meaningful snaps next year, but are we afraid of that? Isn’t part of the point to have a “quality backup” for Brady at a reasonable price? How long should we reasonably expect to wait before we can count on him to potentially take a series (or a couple games) in an emergency? If we’re still signing backup QBs on top of drafting one at 64 (upping the cost of 3rd QB beyond vet minimum), haven’t we obviously hurt the short term beyond not getting a rotational player or special team starter elsewhere at 64?

• Natural Selection

Participant

I’m interested if people who like the QB pick (and/or Trask specifically) have any internal benchmarks for what “success” will look like.

Does anyone expect Trask to take the backup QB role? BA talked about Gabbert still being a priority, but Bruce talks a lot. I would definitely say the staff loves Trask if they roll into camp with just him and Griffen, but I don’t expect that after hearing Bruce’s initial comments. Though I’m honestly not sure if that’s more a statement on Griffen. If they don’t really trust him to be backup. So I can at least wait for camp to play out before reading too much into those tea leaves.

Can we agree it’s a really bad sign if Trask isn’t at least the 3rd QB out of camp? Obviously we’re all excited now to see him on the field, but preseason will be limited and he’ll probably be getting reps with camp bodies. My worst case scenario is this pick actually hindering the 2021 roster by chaining 4 QBs to it. If we take a 5th/6th round QB and he doesn’t beat Griffen, we cut the rookie. Probably get him back on our practice squad. Our 2nd round QB pick isn’t getting cut out of his first camp. So it seems our 2021 roster will eat him, even if it looks like he’s busting out.

If he is at least a solid 3rd QB as a rookie (meaning we’re not having to keep 4), is it reasonable to expect him to win backup QB in 2022? As much as I disliked our draft, I’m staying focused on being pleasantly surprised more often in recent years. I don’t have strong opinions on Trask, but have to agree his selection seems appropriate value. The QB run just after really vindicates when/where Licht took him, imo. I disagree with the strategy completely, but it seems well executed. I’m kind of interested to see if Bruce/Jason and the rest of the FO team hit on QB. I’m just hoping they went for a prospect they really love instead of grabbing the best of what they saw to check a box in the “roster building manual”. Which are unfortunately more of the initial vibes I’m getting.

• Biggs3535

Participant

We hope he doesn’t take any meaningful snaps next year, but are we afraid of that?

I’m afraid of not having Tom Brady at QB, yes. I don’t care it’s Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Griffin, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Zac Wilson, Kyle Trask, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance, the odds of the Buccaneers winning a Superbowl drops significantly if Brady goes down.

To address the rest of your point, I think Trask will be fine as the immediate backup. Again, just as good as those other guys I listed above. I don’t understand Arians still talking about Gabbert, unless they plan to have him in lieu of Griffin.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Completely agree and phrased that sentence poorly (along with at least 75% of total sentences formulated). I don’t really care about backup QB and would rather use max resources anywhere else. Care about future QB even less.

You answered my actual question anyway. We’ll see what happens with Gabbert now. Even if they resign him, and Trask + Griffen was leverage on a $ amount. As long as we’re not fumbling around with 4 QBs week 1, I’ll keep my shit relatively in check.

• seekpar

Participant

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. I don’t think anything can be said to make Boid Fink happy and content about the pick.

Many of you have made compelling cases for Trask. I’ve only seen him play in highlights during the season, and clips of Kyle Pitts tearing up the opposition. I trust that Licht, BA, BL, and others did their homework to justify the pick. Brady won’t mentor him, but he will be able to watch the best to ever do it and learn from it.

The Bucs just won the Super Bowl. They brought back all 22 starters, key backups, and special team skill players. They have a very good shot at repeating. This was a luxury draft. The Bucs have 1-2 years to coach and develop Trask. I’m good with the pick.

• theknees

Participant

Minnesota was trying to trade in front of us for Mond. Who fell to them. Let’s not start this relationship with lies.

• garfield

Participant

Minnesota was trying to trade in front of us for Mond. Who fell to them. Let’s not start this relationship with lies.

Lol, Mond is trash and is inaccurate but I’m sure that’s who they were trying to trade up for. Trask had 43 TDS and 5 INTs with a near 70% completion percentage against the SEC and yes, the Oklahoma game was bad, but take out a generational TE talent and another top 20 pick at receiver, and three other receivers outside of that, and anyone will suffer.

There is a reason Brady pushed the envelope this off-season with regards to Covid and no off-season and practiced in the park with his new receivers. Continuity with your receiving talent matters and Trask was throwing to a bunch of nobodies in that game. Look at what he did to Alabama and then get back to me.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think Mond makes more sense for what the Vikings seem to want to do, and that’s run the ball, run the ball more, and then run it even more then that. A QB like Mond in the Vikings system would be tasked with running an RPO and play-action based offense, similar to what the Ravens and Titans are doing.

Mond makes no sense for BA and Lefty’s offense. They’ve always valued statuesque 6’5 pocket passers.

• Charles

Participant

He reads defenses well and is very accurate.

QB position is a toss up anyhow.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis taught us all how much more important accuracy is over arm strength.

Nothing can ever be worse than Jameis freaking Winston, man!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

You don’t need to burn a 2nd round pick for that type of a QB when the Bucs have that with Griffin.

At least Griffin has better footwork and better throwing motion. Only edge Trask has is a slighter stronger arm.

Trask’s footwork is worse coming out of college than Josh Freeman of all people. The fact that I can’t see Trask being better than Simms, King, and Glennon says it all. Trask’s ceiling is very low.

Build the trenches!

• Detrimental

Participant

Well unlike Winston this dude is pretty accurate and doesnt throw many dumb picks. He gets to learn the system for a year or 2 and then run the show. I totally get it

Once Brady hangs em up, Bucs dont want to be forced to draft a rookie QB while potentially wasting White Godwin Vea etc primes. At least Trask will somehow have some experience when he’s up and could work it well for us. If he cant handle it simple, draft another one and move on.

• obuc

Participant

I read somewhere that his lack of zip on the ball is a technique issue where he is not using his legs/trunk in the right way and that it is correctible.

Second, Trask hasnt held a ball in his hand from the cradle like a lot of these guys. It wasn’t until 2019 that he started a game since his freshman year in high school. He has only played about 2 years as a starter on any team in his football career, college and high school. In 2020, he broke the teams passing TD record and was a Heisman consideration.

He is still growing as a QB. To put another way, those other guys who were picked in the top 5 have 5 or 6 football years on him and he is finally going to be a full time training QB.

He already has touch , accuracy, can move in the pocket aware of who is around him. he doesnt get wide eyed. he can do his check downs (i think) and will learn more from Brady and a full time QB coach.

Brady didnt have a good long ball when he came in. He will never be a Brady but other than 7 SBs, all of the others were won by someone other than Brady so it happens all the time.

Finally, IMO, the team makes the QB not the other way around. These teams picking high with no offensive line will see a disappointing QB. Look at Mahomes who lost some of his line and he was running for his life and never got in the end zone. Put up a great offensive line and a “zen” type even keel QB who can make the touch passes and work inside the pocket will get you there with no issues at all.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol! Surprisingly yes.

Devil’s advocate – Trask had a higher PFF passing grade than Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance.

Therefore Trask is better than the #1 and #3 pick and the Bucs are geniuses.

Am I doing it right?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agree here. Winston was an ungrateful turd. He tried to screw the Bucs in many ways…I can’t stand that dude. Childish at best, and fake as hell.

Jameis taught us all how much more important accuracy is over arm strength.

Nothing can ever be worse than Jameis freaking Winston, man!

• BucsSavant

Participant

Seems to be the one thing we can all agree. 5 years wasted.

• Swash

Participant

4 QB’s on the roster? Lmao. Some of y’all are clueless. Griffin’s deal is league minimum, so if Gabbert is resigned, it means Grif is going to the practice squad. Shouldn’t even be a question.

• TampaManiac

Participant

Just be patient and wait til August then you get to see first hand. Football debates are usually won on the grass

• Boid Fink

Participant

I wonder if Sean Payton would snag Griffin at that point? He liked that guy a lot. Playbook info against a division rival? Gabbert possibly to the Panthers or ATL for the same reason? Worth it to get a better understanding of Bucs offensive concepts. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 QB’s on the roster? Lmao. Some of y’all are clueless. Griffin’s deal is league minimum, so if Gabbert is resigned, it means Grif is going to the practice squad. Shouldn’t even be a question.

• BucWonder

Participant

Great choice!

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’ll say this to call him a finished product at this point isnt the right thing to do either. So we should give him the time he’s basically being promised here. He’s gonna learn from Brady and we will have to see how that works out first. I know we all got doubts about how it will work out but they did just win a championship and while our window is only open for so long getting a qb to work without having to invest much into it will help extend that window later. When Brady is gone the window is pretty much gone unless he works out or we find another option quickly. If we don’t one less thing to worry about. Only real positive I can take from this now. That’s why it’d hard to convince someone different about this.

• BucsBay

Participant

43 TDs & 5 ints in the SEC.

• Ramonb

Participant

I value good accuracy as the most important physical trait a Qb can have. By accounts he’s smart and has some leadership qualities as well, so the foundation is there.

• spartan

Participant

First of all Boid I don’t understand the “peaked” talent. He played less than 2 seasons, ever. From year 1 to year 2 he improved in his reads and his decisions. He may well be at his peak, but we simply don’t know.

As for his mobility. He is a lot more mobile than advertised. There is no way in hell he is going run around like a startled chicken like Mahonnes did in the Superbowl but he will certainly be good enough for the 4th and 1, and 3 or 4 yards on the QB keeper.

Arm strength? He threw a couple of 50yd bombs against Alabama right on the money. I think that is mighty strong enough to push the safeties back far enough.

I see him in the mold of TB. Not comparing him directly but he is a good pocket passer, just like Brady. Therefore his an atypical Arians and by default Leftwich QB. He fits the system.

Why not now? As has been pointed out, no dire needs. The thing that normally kills highly touted and drafted QB’s is they go to a really shit team like Jacksonville or New York. Then they are expected to start immediately and they end up getting killed – as a rule.

I suspect that Leftwich is the HC in waiting. Arians will hang around for a year or two then hand over the keys. Asking him to follow with a rookie QB, if we do well, not from the top 15, will be a tough task to ask. Trask will have those 2 years to learn from Brady and get familiar with his OC/HC to be. When the torch is handed over they will be better prepared and have a better chance to succeed.

JMHO.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He developed year 2 because he was lobbing beach balls into a generational prospect in Pitts (highest drafted tight end in nfl history), and Kadarious who is absolutely a freak show with speed, agility, and tackle breaking skills, again a round 1 talent. Those guys help schlubs like Trask, also, he didn’t look good against Oklahoma? The team is awful on defense. By the time he is ready to go two years from now, this team will look startlingly different on offense we, and his arm talent at this level will get crushed. Just wait and see. Bucs fans aren’t winning titles with Trask as a starter. Just won’t ever happen.

First of all Boid I don’t understand the “peaked” talent. He played less than 2 seasons, ever. From year 1 to year 2 he improved in his reads and his decisions. He may well be at his peak, but we simply don’t know.

As for his mobility. He is a lot more mobile than advertised. There is no way in hell he is going run around like a startled chicken like Mahonnes did in the Superbowl but he will certainly be good enough for the 4th and 1, and 3 or 4 yards on the QB keeper.

Arm strength? He threw a couple of 50yd bombs against Alabama right on the money. I think that is mighty strong enough to push the safeties back far enough.

I see him in the mold of TB. Not comparing him directly but he is a good pocket passer, just like Brady. Therefore his an atypical Arians and by default Leftwich QB. He fits the system.

Why not now? As has been pointed out, no dire needs. The thing that normally kills highly touted and drafted QB’s is they go to a really shit team like Jacksonville or New York. Then they are expected to start immediately and they end up getting killed – as a rule.

I suspect that Leftwich is the HC in waiting. Arians will hang around for a year or two then hand over the keys. Asking him to follow with a rookie QB, if we do well, not from the top 15, will be a tough task to ask. Trask will have those 2 years to learn from Brady and get familiar with his OC/HC to be. When the torch is handed over they will be better prepared and have a better chance to succeed.

JMHO.

• BucHarbour

Participant

I really don’t know what it is you see. He constantly put the ball in the right spot. He hit guys in stride and put balls right between two defenders a yard apart 40 yards down the field. Yes, Pitts made it a jump ball at times, but he threw to a lot of receivers, against 8 back, in the SEC, with no running game. And his receivers raved about his catchable passes. But you know better.

• Buccaholic

Participant

• We brought back all 22 starters from the Super Bowl.

• None of these prospects are going to start this year, not even Tryon.

• Gabbert is no longer under contact.

• That air attack offense that BA ran pre Tom Brady became extinct in week 12 when Brady called for pre snap movement and his way of running an offense.

We drafted a backup in the 2nd Round from the SEC. His 1 bad game was without Pitts and Toney against Alabama. Who cares? This draft was for 2 years from now when those 1 year contracts expire. Trask may never become the starter for our Bucs, but he’s here for the next 4 years. So accept it and move on if and when need be.

• Buccaholic

Participant

I’m gonna leave this here. If this game against Alabama with his insane accuracy, pocket awareness and deep balls doesn’t convince you then maybe take the year off? I’ll keep your seat warm bro…

• BucHarbour

Participant

First pass in the highlight he hits Pitts perfectly between two defenders (just the right height to avoid a pick by throwing it slightly over or under). Second pass, with dude in his face, 40 yards in the air, no less, and hits Toney perfectly in stride for the easy score. After a screen pass, they show another pass to Pitts between two defenders, perfectly. Then a bomb, perfectly placed between two defenders to Toney. Then there’s the over the shoulder throw to Grimes (Surtain all over him), perfectly placed again. Then another bomb to Grimes in the middle. Another drive later he hits Pitts on a near perfect bomb, followed by another one to Pitts. Then there’s that incredible fade to Pitts in the end zone with three Tide defenders around him. Put that ball right where only Pitts could snare it and score.

Yeah, he sucks. What was I thinking! /sarc

Trask repeatedly showed the ability to put the ball exactly where it needed to be. Must be those horrible mechanics of his I keep hearing about. SMH

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should have been number 1 overall by all the knob slobbing here.

First pass in the highlight he hits Pitts perfectly between two defenders (just the right height to avoid a pick by throwing it slightly over or under). Second pass, with dude in his face, 40 yards in the air, no less, and hits Toney perfectly in stride for the easy score. After a screen pass, they show another pass to Pitts between two defenders, perfectly. Then a bomb, perfectly placed between two defenders to Toney. Then there’s the over the shoulder throw to Grimes (Surtain all over him), perfectly placed again. Then another bomb to Grimes in the middle. Another drive later he hits Pitts on a near perfect bomb, followed by another one to Pitts. Then there’s that incredible fade to Pitts in the end zone with three Tide defenders around him. Put that ball right where only Pitts could snare it and score.

Trask repeatedly showed the ability to put the ball exactly where it needed to be. Must be those horrible mechanics of his I keep hearing about. SMH

• BucHarbour

Participant

Just telling it like it is. I described exactly what is shown in the video. Same stuff I’ve seen in every game. For every floater, he has 15-20 passes that are right on the money. He had a higher count in 2019, but obviously worked on a more consistent delivery over the off-season that going into 2020. It also just shows he doesn’t have a “noodle” arm like you keep stating. Just admit that you either a) didn’t really know or b) just hate him for some other reason (using a draft pick, don’t like Gators, something else?).

He wasn’t a first round selection because he doesn’t have a cannon arm and isn’t a running QB, and that’s what is popular amongst drafting teams these days (they all want a Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson type now). End the end, though, he may end up being one of the best QB’s from the draft. Or he could bust, like any of them. We’ll see, but the odds are in his favor.

• Swash

Participant

It’s great to see Boid warming up on Trask. Good work gang.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It’s great to see Boid warming up on Trask. Good work gang.

His meltdown is comical.

I remember him doing the same thing before the 2018 season. Crying that we were going to get dog walked by the Saints and Eagles to start the year because Winston was suspended and Fitz didn’t have the arm to push the ball downfield and operate Koetter’s offense.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Agreed. You’re confirming the excellent ball placement, over and above accuracy, I highlighted earlier.

All of this with poor footwork, poor mechanics, and poor arm strength. Pretty impressive, I’d say.

• Kermit56

Participant

In the words of Bruce Arians: “He’s extremely accurate, moves well in the pocket, processes info well, and loves to compete. He’s a perfect fit.”

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.