Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

If we lose Godwin what do you guys think about signing Davis as his replacement? I’ve liked his physical play and he’s a great route runner. I think we could get him at a reasonable rate.

• Beatles123

Participant

I know that according to the folks at TitansReport they think CD is the best WR they have and shouldn’t be let go. Take that info as you may, but there ya go. Seems like he’s held in well regard.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Love that idea. Sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal for maybe a little over half of what Godwin would get. He could def play that CG role imo. Playing with Brady could get him a ring while also helping him get a bigger pay day down the line.

• seekpar

Participant

Nope. If they sign a FA WR to replace Godwin, Allen Robinson from CHI is the guy.

But I think they will franchise Godwin and won’t need this backup plan.

• Bucman

Participant

Yeah if we let Godwin walk. I wouldn’t mind pursing him.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

“Nope. If they sign a FA WR to replace Godwin, Allen Robinson from CHI is the guy.

But I think they will franchise Godwin and won’t need this backup plan.”

Robinson is too expensive. Davis is just as good and would cost less.

• theknees

Participant

No. We have depth at the WR spot. We draft another WR in rd 3 or 4. and we move on.

• JC5100

Participant

If they let CG walk (they won’t), we won’t add a big time WR. It would be Evans, Brown, Miller, Johnson.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Yeah if Godwin isn’t back, AB will play for reasonable money I am sure. Past that who here wouldn’t want Allen Robinson! He’s maybe not better than Godwin but with his numbers he is the best WR potentially on the market.

That isn’t happening, he will make as much or more than Godwin.

• kenntak

Participant

Godwin may be able to get more money somewhere else, but no other team will offer a chance at a repeat. I guess I am not very mercenary, but I would take a little less to stay a part of this team. In my mind, you are still making millions of dollars, and should be wealthy the rest of your life. You can bean count, make more money, pay more taxes, and be miserable on a subpar team. I don’t think it’s worth giving up this great thing he has at Tampa Bay. Then again, that’s probably why I am far from being wealthy, lol.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Godwin has a Super Bowl ring already.

I used to be loyal type team player, but as one gets older and learns more info, then I say that Godwin should go for the money. The span for playing in the NFL is really short on the whole. Brady is an exception. Going for the money is all about the player’s future, provided the player has a plan for that money.

I look a former Buc RB Peyton Barber. He’s using his income to start buying up apartments near Auburn university. Barber’s played with Godwin. Also, Brady has a company. Godwin and his wife/fiance’ probably also have a plan for a future outside of football. But look at Brady’s situation. For all the loyalty he gave the Patriots, the Patriots org just said goodbye to him and his loyalty. All that Brady did was move onto a new team and win a Super Bowl. If this can happen to Brady, then this can happen to any player in the NFL.

If the Bucs can give Godwin that money, then great for everyone in the Bucs fandom. If the Bucs’ cannot, then I will wish great things for Godwin!

My thought on the NFL or any sport is that you prepare that it could be a short career and you gotta make the most of it to prepare for the career after it. For some, you can stay in the league for a long time. For others, it is cut short due to unforeseen injuries such as S Justin Evans or LG Carl Nicks. You just have to realize that your body is the money maker in a physical sport. That’s a lot of factors you cannot control because you have other people affecting you, both on your team and the opposition. This is how I think about playing any physical sport, it’s a short term career at the very worst, but your brain can net income for a long, long time.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Id prefer kenny golladay myself.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He’s a good player. I wouldn’t be against it

• SaskBucs

Participant

Godwin
      Allen Robinson
      Kenny Golladay
      Antonio Brown
      Larry Fitzgerald
      TY Hilton
      Corey Davis
      Marvin Jones
      AJ Green

Is how I would rank them in terms of wanting on the Bucs next season. Godwin is only ahead of Arob because he is already a Buc. Realistically Golladay and Robinson are not in play. Tag candidates and not necessarily chasing rings due to their age and salary demands.

Only 1 guy is needed to go alongside Evans, Johnson and Miller.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think Godwin will be back. He has that chemistry with Brady and was clutch in the slot. He had some drops in the playoffs but I don’t think we want to lose him.

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin is 24 and the Bucs are $170M under the 2022 cap. He’s not going anywhere.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.