Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

With what we have seen of them boundary corners, the Bucs should be deeply concerned. Opposing teams will routinely go to and beat the backup boundary corner until it becomes a mantra…last year SMB was beat for the 4th most yards. Dean looks like he may compete for that dubious ranking.

Should the Bucs seriously consider knocking on the ill-fitting Sherman? Or perhaps some high upside corner from someone’s PS?

Cannot win if there are chunk plays, PIs included, extending drives and giving away 3 at the min.

Dean needs to step his game up, stop looking so lost in space when forced to cover beyond 3 seconds in the meantime.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I thought Sherman lost his mind and went to jail?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

While SMB being out will hurt, I thought Thursday’s performance was more about not getting to Dak with our front 7

This goes to your point about a potential defensive back pick over Trask helping our depth

All we can do is hope it’s a month injury

• SunnyD

Participant

People would have pissed their pants with outrage if Licht had spent another 2nd round pick on a DB.

Hindsight is 20/20 after SMB and Whitehead injuries. Lets not pretend taking a 4th string CB or S in the 2nd was a no brainer move that Licht failed to make.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Actually, I have complained plenty that anyone other than a punter or QB could have been selected…this was no hindsight 20/20 observation…

People would have pissed their pants with outrage if Licht had spent another 2nd round pick on a DB.

Hindsight is 20/20 after SMB and Whitehead injuries. Lets not pretend taking a 4th string CB or S in the 2nd was a no brainer move that Licht failed to make.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Kyle Trask’s ceiling (and i hope i am eating crow in 5 years) is that of Mike Glennon.

we are all in on the Superbowl and the only thing that can derail us is injury bug. So far, we lost our long snapper and potentially a starting corner.

The Edge and interior offensive lineman pick were great. Added back-ups to already solid units.

Instead of drafting a QB or a WR in which we do not need, they should have drafted:

1 – defensive lineman – Suh, Gholston are pending free agents; Vea coming off injury. We have pretty weak depth here if an injury were to happen. They should have went in this direction similar to how Tryon is potential JPP replacement next year (although if JPP puts up 10 sacks again; we should consider prioritize resigning him right after Godwin, Carlton Davis)

2 – Secondary – We are pretty strong at safety but Whitehead, Edwards aren’t at the level Winfield is so added depth there wouldn’t have been bad. Davis is a stud and Dean/SMB i like too but added another person here wouldnt have been a bad idea

again – we are stacked with our starting line-up so the Bucs figured they could draft a third string QB and a kick returner in this draft. I dont agree with it and i dont necessary believe it will end our repeat hopes but Trask and Dearlen were stupid picks.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Have to agree badabing.

Made no sense to not draft depth with upside.

Plenty of it was available.

Plus there will be salary cap implications as roster turnover happens with e poring desks and limited cap space.

<script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

Depth on the oline, defensive lineman, or secondary would have helped alleviate that concern slightly.

Dumb dumb dumb pick. For another team, sure. But here? Dumb. Short sighted drunken pick to appease the local chomp chomp honks. Dumb.

• m_j

Participant

we desperately need another decent corner, no clue who to sign but there must be someone out there whos better than dean

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

This is why I thought we needed to draft a DB early if possible, weakest position on the team. Dean was like a deer in the headlights out there, kind of felt for the guy getting picked on the way he was.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Can Trask play corner?

This is why I thought we needed to draft a DB early if possible, weakest position on the team. Dean was like a deer in the headlights out there, kind of felt for the guy getting picked on the way he was.

• kenntak

Participant

Better yet, how about Tim Tebow?

• buc-in-out

Participant

I know we spent a lot of draft capital at DB over the years, but I was kinda hoping Greg Newsome or Eric Stokes would have been there for us at 32. Both long and fast corners who seem to be a good scheme fit for our defense.

Obviously I’m very happy with Joe, don’t regret that pick one bit, especially because both corners went before our pick.

You can never have too many good cornerbacks. Ultimately, I think we’ll be okay without SMB. We have Whitehead back, and Cockrell is serviceable in nickel.

• The Freeman

Participant

Dungy used to say: you should draft a CB in every draft…
      i like the strategy to pick a DB every year in the 2nd/3rd round range but i would never understand their choice to not recruit at least one starters who brings experience.

we have Lavonte to lead the ILB, JPP for the OLB, Suh for the DL, Gronk at TE, AB at WR, Shady then Gio at RB, Jensen to lead the Oline and offcourse Brady leading your QB room, + you have guys in their prime (Evans, Marpet, D.Smith, Gholston, Shaq)…
      it’s weird to add experience everywhere except in our secondary where all starters are 23-24.

• Swash

Participant

In regard to where Trask was picked. I like it from a finacial stand point. You get a backup quarterback on a 4 year rookie deal. Far better than the 5-8 milli these backup guys are getting in Free Agency.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs need to keep an eye on the Giants roster…there may be a fire sale there soon…

Darnay Holmes? Aaron Robinson?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

In regard to where Trask was picked. I like it from a finacial stand point. You get a backup quarterback on a 4 year rookie deal. Far better than the 5-8 milli these backup guys are getting in Free Agency.

that is assuming he can be a back-up.

the Bucs sold their soul to the devil to be a legit superbowl threat for the Brady years. You dont go drafting mike glennon’s because as you saw in week 1, we lost a starting cornerback which could make us lose a game or two in the future.

if Brady goes down, Gabbert is starting anyway and we are a .500 team at best.

If another starter goes down, that is what 2nd and 4th round picks are for to help full in. luckily Crockrell should be serviceable fulling in for SMB.

Bucs are stacked at WR with 2 HOFs, 1 All-Pro, and Scottie Miller who would be in top 3 on basically any other team other than Dallas and Tampa. Still smh at that pick as well

• Boid Fink

Participant

I beat that drum and got excoriated for it. Those that were against my opinion then have said little now because they know I was right. You draft depth in meaningful positions. Trask was an awful pick for simple reasons.

That and he really isn’t that good.

the Bucs sold their soul to the devil to be a legit superbowl threat for the Brady years. You dont go drafting mike glennon’s because as you saw in week 1, we lost a starting cornerback which could make us lose a game or two in the future.

If another starter goes down, that is what 2nd and 4th round picks are for to help full in. luckily Crockrell should be serviceable fulling in for SMB.

Bucs are stacked at WR with 2 HOFs, 1 All-Pro, and Scottie Miller who would be in top 3 on basically any other team other than Dallas and Tampa. Still smh at that pick as well

• TCB2W!

Participant

I beat that drum and got excoriated for it. Those that were against my opinion then have said little now because they know I was right. You draft depth in meaningful positions. Trask was an awful pick for simple reasons.

Bullshit, we say little now about Trask because we don’t want your triggered ass going on another 50 posts about him being a horrible pick and never will be even a backup. This one reply will probably make you start 10 more threads about Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Carlton Davis questionable now for Sunday’s game. Trask what?

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

No he’s OUT, saw it about an hour ago on ESPN. I don’t know who would of complained about CB depth. I wanted CB, OL n DL. Said it repeatedly as did quite a few fans.

• seekpar

Participant

…blah blah blah Trask blah blah blah…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yet here you are complaining about me complaining about a player and why it was just an awful selection. Why so mad?

Bullshit, we say little now about Trask because we don’t want your triggered ass going on another 50 posts about him being a horrible pick and never will be even a backup. This one reply will probably make you start 10 more threads about Trask.

• seekpar

Participant

It’s ok to bitch and whine about a draft pick for a while. It’s been what, 5-6 months and you’re still starting new threads and ranting on and on. It’s like crickets in the night when you’re trying to get some sleep. Or a rooster crowing in the morning when you’re trying to sleep in. We get it. You hate the pick. Fine. But give it a rest for a while.

• Boid Fink

Participant

So at least you acknowledge I was right. This was a dumb ass pick. And I am not the only one now who thinks this was a giant fail of a draft selection. Trask? Ugh.

It’s ok to bitch and whine about a draft pick for a while. It’s been what, 5-6 months and you’re still starting new threads and ranting on and on. It’s like crickets in the night when you’re trying to get some sleep. Or a rooster crowing in the morning when you’re trying to sleep in. We get it. You hate the pick. Fine. But give it a rest for a while.

• seekpar

Participant

Didn’t acknowledge you are right. Acknowledged it’s ok to complain for a time. What I don’t like is you keep bringing it up over and over. It’s been almost 5 months since the draft. Why can’t you give it a rest? Your obsession with the Trask pick is almost as bad as theknees’ obsession with Lameis Jameis wINsTon.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No it isn’t you drama Queen. He was all over that jock for years. And it turns out he was wrong. I can’t help but remind you guys who absolutely trashed me for my opinion, most likely because you guys are fucking gator nubs, and I don’t give AF about any of that in this board. So I must dutifully remind you guys what a bad idea it was to take Trask, as a nice reminder that you guys can give, you must also be able to take the shot as well. Trask was an awful pick and your whining about me hating the pick tastes delicious!

Didn’t acknowledge you are right. Acknowledged it’s ok to complain for a time. What I don’t like is you keep bringing it up over and over. It’s been almost 5 months since the draft. Why can’t you give it a rest? Your obsession with the Trask pick is almost as bad as theknees’ obsession with Lameis Jameis wINsTon.

• seekpar

Participant

You have some big nads to call me a drama queen. Couldn’t be further from the truth. You’re the one creating all the drama with your extreme obsession with the Trask pick. Over and over in numerous threads you keep harking about it. BTW, I don’t give two shits about college football in FL or anywhere else for that matter, so I’m not one of your honks Bro. I’m just like you, a Bucs fan. Just stfu about Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Nah I think I won’t. And you can’t stop it.

You have some big nads to call me a drama queen. Couldn’t be further from the truth. You’re the one creating all the drama with your extreme obsession with the Trask pick. Over and over in numerous threads you keep harking about it. BTW, I don’t give two shits about college football in FL or anywhere else for that matter, so I’m not one of your honks Bro. I’m just like you, a Bucs fan. Just stfu about Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Speaking about consternation,the Bucs have talked to Richard Sherman. Man…how could they not know that secondary depth was a concern?

• Swash

Participant

I would HIGHLY consider signing Sherman.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.