Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 82 reply threads

• Author

• jbear

Participant

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/brian-sicknick-death-us-capitol-riot/index.html

I’m pretty sure there is a conspiracy theory thread around here with a Glen Greenwald link attached to it that discusses various reasons why this might have taken so long.

Can’t we discuss this without name calling?

• jbear

Participant

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-media-lied-repeatedly-about-officer?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjozNDUyNzU2NSwicG9zdF9pZCI6MzUzNDk3MjIsIl8iOiI4bFMxaiIsImlhdCI6MTYxODg3MTMzNSwiZXhwIjoxNjE4ODc0OTM1LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTI4NjYyIiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.wxkmE4O7pvAmv7Zc5x-6kqXfXjFrCgqBHRm1yV6wsPc

Right on time here’s my buddy Glen Greenwald with his inflammatory opinion.

I’m sure some will call his take “crazy” but I see it as a lifting of the veil of the current state of politics in this country. Not only do I think it’s fair to discuss but I also think that it’s important. People need to take all of this shit with a grain of salt.

I mean Greenwald’s opinion and the false narrative we were fed. No matter what you think about Greenwald’s opinion of the matter, I think it’s clear that we were fed a false narrative that was used as a weapon by a certain political party. Why? When this stuff turns out not to be true is it fair to disucss it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greenwald actually LINKS a January 8th article raising the doubt about his death AND EXPLAINING THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER.

https://www.propublica.org/article/officer-brian-sicknick-capitol

“Before the officer’s death had officially been announced late Thursday, the Sicknick family was rushing from its home in New Jersey to see him in a Washington-area hospital as word circulated on social media that a Capitol Police officer had succumbed to grave injuries.

Last they had heard, Sicknick was in critical condition on a ventilator, according to family members who spoke to ProPublica. While some news reports had said an unnamed officer was in critical condition after being bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher, family members did not have details of his injuries. They say Sicknick had texted them Wednesday night to say that while he had been pepper-sprayed, he was in good spirits.”

Thats TWO DAYS after the event

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s the big lie

“So crucial was this fairy tale about Sicknick”

who has said “the insurrection wouldn’t have been so bad if they hadnt killed Sicknick?”

so the video of them beating a cop arent that bad . . because he didnt die? The cop who was disarmed and then released .. not that bad

but if black people protest this way, they should die? Looting is worse than beating cops? (“when the looting starts, the shooting starts”)

how about BOTH are bad?

• jbear

Participant

I don’t say that what happened isn’t that bad because the officer didn’t die directly because of it. I just take issue with the weaponization of this story which turned out not to be true.

As it turns out, as Greenwald mentions, the only people who died were Trump supporters including an unarmed woman who was shot by law enforcement. So the whole black people should be shot for the same activity doesn’t ring true. I think the reaction if a black protester were killed by police durring any of the current protests should be pretty obvious to anyone. We don’t want to go there do we?

• Anonymous

Inactive

@JBear serious question for you.

In his article Greenwald says THIS:

“Because of its centrality to the media narrative and agenda, anyone who tried to point out the serious factual deficiencies in this story — in other words, people trying to be journalists — were smeared by Democratic Party loyalists who pretend to be journalists as “Sicknick Truthers,” white nationalist sympathizers, and supporters of insurrection”

(Putting aside his whining becuase hes not called a journalist and it hurts him, do you see he says that Sicknicks murder was central to “the media narrative and agenda” sich that if you disagreed you were called a “Sicknick Truther” . . do you see that? Who were his “media” examples (recall hes saying they are not journalists):

Josh Marshall
      Ryan Cooper
      “Emptywheel” (lol)
      Sleeping Giants

Not a single one of them is even “media” let alone journalists, right?

To make it even worse , they are referencing his saying the OPPOSITE on Laura Ingrahm, right? actual “media” with MILLIONS of watchers?

Grenwald even wins the Twitter battle against them. he has 1.6 MILLION followers, more than all of them combined?

as usual he is TILTING AT WINDMILLS because the real story is too boring

Boy, that EmptyWheel tho . .

• jbear

Participant

I agree that he has a flair for the dramatic. It doesn’t make his larger point that political considerations could have played a role in the way the story was originally told.

Also, as he’s pointed out in other articles these types of misstatements can’t be easily reversed. The majority of Americans formed their opinions of what happened at the capital in the days that followed and stories like a Capital police officer being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher by deranged Trump lunatics surely played a role in that opinion.

So now months late the truth is finally out there but while I’m listening and you’re listening, most people don’t care, won’t hear about it and certainly won’t change their opinion based on it. The damage was done much in the same way the damage was done in the fake Russian bounties story.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that he has a flair for the dramatic

in a Tucker Carlson kind of way

political considerations could have played a role in the way the story was originally told

the conspiracy theorists favorite phrase, “could have”

other articles these types of misstatements can’t be easily reversed. The majority of Americans formed their opinions of what happened at the capital in the days that followed

I actually agree with this ^^^, BUT ITS WEIRD THAT YOU DO because you didnt hesitate to parrot the Hunter’s laptop story and IIRC downplayed the whole idea of disinformation, especially when I asked why wait to release the story (ie to swing an election), which is basically the same point you make now

and you actually repeat the same thought here?

The damage was done much in the same way the damage was done in the fake Russian bounties story.

SO YOU SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM OF HIGH SPEED INFORMATION AND ITS VALUE TO PEOPLE SEEKING TO SPREAD A LIE . . and yet . . . Hunter?

• jbear

Participant

I disagree with your characterization of our previous conversations on the Hunter Biden story.

I did start a thread when that story came out but I distinctly recall that I never claimed that everything in the story was true or that every assumption made by Trump supporters was necessarily true. My issue was that the story was actively and publicly suppressed. That the story shouldn’t be suppressed.

These two stories are not equal. You seem to be saying that the hunter story was a lie in the same way that the story that a band of terrorists murdered a police officer by bashing his head in with a fire extinguisher was….not even close to the same thing. First of all the Hunter story was not a lie. Those emails were real. Even hunter never denied it. Some people wanted to claim they said more than they did but that initial post story was not a lie.

I understand your problem with the hunter story because if it hadn’t been suppressed then some people may have been swayed by spin on a story that has never been proven. That is not the same as the lie that the officer who died at the capital was beaten to death.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@JBear – hopefully you realize that some would call a “FLAIR FOR THE DRMATIC” . . . LYING, RIGHT ?

Just like Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Hannity .. all people who lied, said they were just being dramatic. Sydney Powell says the same thing

• jbear

Participant

Yes I understand that closed minded people might call a flair for the dramatic a lie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• jbear

Participant

Sedition track…..ok.

But maybe that’s your point?

• Anonymous

Inactive

January 11th NY Post (hardly a left wing media source lol)

Moments later, a rioter tosses the fire extinguisher toward a group of officers below, striking one on the helmet. It’s unclear if the cop who was plunked was Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, 42. He died at a hospital Thursday after being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher during the melee, two law enforcement sources told the Associated Press.

An investigation into Sicknick’s death is ongoing, the sources said.”

There is a video of the guy throwing the fire extinguisher. It’s tossed underhand form just a few feet and seems to bounce harmlessly of a cops helmet

That’s January 11th

• jbear

Participant

Fair point but the post managed to get the story a lot less wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes I understand that closed minded people might call a flair for the dramatic a lie.

As opposed to open minded types who change their views with the facts

• jbear

Participant

Actually yes…sometimes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair point but the post managed to get the story a lot less wrong.

It was one of many. WaPo runs a similar story on 14th

• adkindo

Participant

It is important to remember that Brian Sicknick did not ask to be used as a political tool. He and the family he left behind should continue to be respected for his service….and it is terrible that his last day of service had to be used defending the capital against a few hundred citizens of this country. All that said, make no mistake the Democrats and liberal media danced on his grave at the chance to use his death to push a false narrative. They even made a show of it by having his remains lie in honor in the capitol rotunda….an honor that is not appropriate for a law enforcement officer that died of natural causes. Pelosi signed off on this without a shred of evidence to suggest this man died from anything related to January 6th….no other officer or family member that spoke to him was told about any physical assault with a fire extinguisher or any other weapon beyond claiming he was irritated with a chemical spray that he thought was lingering in the building. Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.

An example of garbage journalism supported by our tax dollars…..a NPR headline on 02/02/21…

Capitol Police Officer Slain By Mob,Lies In Honor In Rotunda

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pelosi signed off on this without a shred of evidence

the Capitol Police said he died in service. Still do.

Btw, the Coroner even says the events of the day played a role.

I dont recall hearing that he was the one struck by the fire extinguisher, but maybe.

• jbear

Participant

Karma there is a link in the Greenwald piece that is about 30 seconds of CNN MSNBC and other left wing pudits saying on air that he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher.

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases/loss-uscp-colleague-brian-d-sicknick

January 7th

“At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty.

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters. He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners.

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit.

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague.

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.”

Its followed by a January 11th statement by the family

• Anonymous

Inactive

from the NPR article cited above

“Sicknick, 42, was responding to the riots led by a pro-Trump mob attempting to stop lawmakers from certifying President Biden’s Electoral College victory. Capitol Police said Sicknick was injured “while physically engaging protesters,” adding that he later “returned to his division and collapsed.” Some witnesses said Sicknick had been struck with a fire extinguisher.”

• jbear

Participant

This bothers me too. So you want to me to unequivocally state that something definitely happened when it’s not proved? If I do, you’ll take it apart and claim you’ve proved that my whole argument is “false”. When I say something “could have” happened you say I’m “using the conspiracy theorists favorite phrase”.

• jbear

Participant

It is important to remember that Brian Sicknick did not ask to be used as a political tool. He and the family he left behind should continue to be respected for his service….and it is terrible that his last day of service had to be used defending the capital against a few hundred citizens of this country. All that said, make no mistake the Democrats and liberal media danced on his grave at the chance to use his death to push a false narrative. They even made a show of it by having his remains lie in honor in the capitol rotunda….an honor that is not appropriate for a law enforcement officer that died of natural causes. Pelosi signed off on this without a shred of evidence to suggest this man died from anything related to January 6th….no other officer or family member that spoke to him was told about any physical assault with a fire extinguisher or any other weapon beyond claiming he was irritated with a chemical spray that he thought was lingering in the building. Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.

An example of garbage journalism supported by our tax dollars…..a NPR headline on 02/02/21…

Capitol Police Officer Slain By Mob,Lies In Honor In Rotunda

Wooaaahhh! Sanity? Here?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Karma there is a link in the Greenwald piece that is about 30 seconds of CNN MSNBC and other left wing pudits saying on air that he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher.

Yeah I actually went back and just saw that. Maybe I knew that before but I always thought the fire extinguishers was an unknown person throwing it at the police line

• Anonymous

Inactive

The issue though comes down to your perspective. It seems if you are a conservative you see media errors as intentional, a conspiracy to advance a narrative. And you rely heavily (and appropriately I would add) on 24 hour news channels, Twitter etc.

If your not a today version “conservative” you’re more willing to see this story as poor journalism by the fringe (ie the reporting by WaPo, NYT etc raising the question more quickly). For example, if you understand tgst journalism is REPORTING it’s easy to see why it was REPORTED that he died as a result because that is what the source (Capitol Police) said.

• Trask Force

Participant

JBear, here you guys go again, trying to deflect from what happened on Jan 6. Weaponization of a story? January 6th did happen. Police were attacked. The capitol was overrun by MAGA, QAnoners and White Supremacists. That was one of the most disgraceful display by Americans in American History. What the cause of death was for this guy doesn’t matter. The guy was hit with a fire extinguisher and then he died. We have known for quite some time that there was probably more to his cause of death than just the extinguisher. But whether he died or not doesn’t matter when it comes to what happened on Jan 6. But what’s almost as disgraceful is trying to minimize what happened that terrible day in our history.

• jbear

Participant

Roy this is not deflection. The point is that these proven “Lies” that were spread after the capital insurrection were spread for political reasons. It was a political decision and I think even people like you who badly want the narrative to be true should feel violated. You were lied to. That should make every American mad.

The “it was an accident” defense is a weak one but anything else is indefensible.

• Kermit56

Participant

adkindo wrote: “Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.”

One of the most truthful sentences posted on this board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“The cop didn’t die from the bear spray, so Jan 6th was not that bad”

Deflection

• jbear

Participant

That’s a weak one Karma.

• jbear

Participant

The issue though comes down to your perspective. It seems if you are a conservative you see media errors as intentional, a conspiracy to advance a narrative. And you rely heavily (and appropriately I would add) on 24 hour news channels, Twitter etc.

If your not a today version “conservative” you’re more willing to see this story as poor journalism by the fringe (ie the reporting by WaPo, NYT etc raising the question more quickly). For example, if you understand tgst journalism is REPORTING it’s easy to see why it was REPORTED that he died as a result because that is what the source (Capitol Police) said.

I agree with you. I may even see the story as poor journalism by the fringe. I mean that I’m not necessarily convinced that it’s some sort of conspiracy. I do think it’s possible but I think it’s more likely just bias that seeps out in the coverage. But again, that is not good journalism.

Then you have outlets where a certain bent has been institutionalized where anyone coming into those organizations knows pretty quickly which way they are supposed to see the world. Those organizations often could be a business decision as I think you’ve pointed out before. Where it’s concerning though is where media intersects with politics which I think has been happening more and more frequently over the last decades. I’m talking about both sides too. Fox news can start sounding like a mouthpiece of the administration when we have a Republican administration. And that certainly goes for several left leaning outlets as well. You have reporters “getting the chills” when Joe Biden got off the airlplaine in DC.

You have a lot of recent examples of these outlets parroting the DNC talking points memo’s on proposed legilation etc. Some of this is natural, everything the administration proposes cannot be all bad after all. Surely there must be some good points but it really is getting out of hand. I would really like to see less touting of left wing proposals through tricks of the English Language from my “NEWS”.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Wins are few and far between these days I see…

If this is a “win” for you, that he died while on duty and not SD a direct result of the fire extinguisher, then congrats.

When I read posts by people like akindo, who say the same crap that Greewald says while appearing frequently on Tucker Carleson, I can only laugh.

Your sanctimonious POV of media, that is blatantly one-sided and blind to the disinformation campaign the right funnels to their viewers to promote a decisive narrative of distrust in professional opinions and dissuade of facts from fiction (or rather fiction from reality)… I can only laugh.

• jbear

Participant

and not SD a direct result of the fire extinguisher, then congrats.

You’re still at it? There was no cop beaten with a Fire Extinguisher. Let it go Fire.

Your sanctimonious POV of media, that is blatantly one-sided and blind to the disinformation campaign the right funnels to their viewers to promote a decisive narrative of distrust in professional opinions and dissuade of facts from fiction (or rather fiction from reality)… I can only laugh.

I ask you to just think and your liberal sensibilities are all bruised?

• Biggs3535

Participant

That’s because you’re a perfect useful idiot, Mr. Mayor.

https://www.axios.com/media-trust-crisis-2bf0ec1c-00c0-4901-9069-e26b21c283a9.html

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you. I may even see the story as poor journalism by the fringe. I mean that I’m not necessarily convinced that it’s some sort of conspiracy. I do think it’s possible but I think it’s more likely just bias that seeps out in the coverage. But again, that is not good journalism.

Then you have outlets where a certain bent has been institutionalized where anyone coming into those organizations knows pretty quickly which way they are supposed to see the world. Those organizations often could be a business decision as I think you’ve pointed out before. Where it’s concerning though is where media intersects with politics which I think has been happening more and more frequently over the last decades. I’m talking about both sides too. Fox news can start sounding like a mouthpiece of the administration when we have a Republican administration. And that certainly goes for several left leaning outlets as well. You have reporters “getting the chills” when Joe Biden got off the airlplaine in DC.

You have a lot of recent examples of these outlets parroting the DNC talking points memo’s on proposed legilation etc. Some of this is natural, everything the administration proposes cannot be all bad after all. Surely there must be some good points but it really is getting out of hand. I would really like to see less touting of left wing proposals through tricks of the English Language from my “NEWS”.

I get where you’re coming from

If youve ever spent time around reporters or journalism students, its simply unavoidable that they would have a liberal tilt. Thats not because a school is indoctrinating them, its because of their personalities, generally speaking, meaning they often times got into the profession to “change the world” or speak out against wrong.

Nothing wrong with having a political bias. The error lies in not recognizing it because that means the person is not holding themselves accountable

Bias is a lot diffrrent than fraud or “fake news” though and there is a bunch of that. We have multiple people who work for “NEWS” organizations who have now defended themselves in libel suits by claiming they were never telling that truth and that was understood by the viewers. It is not lol

FBI Director Wray said Americans have to learn to be skeptical/critical consumers of information. Truest words ever uttered.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fire – ” blind to the disinformation campaign the right funnels to their viewers to promote a decisive narrative of distrust in professional opinions and dissuade of facts from fiction (or rather fiction from reality)”

Just last night Trump (a serial liar) was on Hannity (an admitted liar) saying, among many other falsehoods, that Russia was a hoax.

Probably had millions of viewers

:-)

That interview was ACTUAL DISINFORMATION (fraud). The press leaping to the conclusion of the Capitol Police is poor journalism, not fraud

• jbear

Participant

Don’t you deep down recognize this sort of carnival barker way of speaking for what it really is? It’s not really a lie, it’s just a liberal use of the English language using common or low class “definitions” of words like Hoax. He’s clearly saying that the investigations of him colluding with the Russians were untrue and politically motivated. You can debate whether or not that’s true but if we’re honest we can’t really call it a lie.

And this is my issue with people like you over the last four years. This is the way it ussually works with Trump, he makes a few factual/true statements, about for example the origins of the Russia investigation starting with Hillary Clinton’s campaign…. these are either true, mostly true or at least plausible. There is evidence that they are likely true. Then he goes on a rant about how everyone on the left unfairly attacked him, he might throw something in about the Obama administration being complicit… again, not a lie as we have evidence that discussions were held at high levels of government. I’m not saying true, I’m just saying not a lie. Then he rants on about Hunter Biden or whatever and ends up as always at the Russia “Hoax”.

That the Russia investigation was a Hoax is his opinion. You may believe it to be untrue, you may even believe that he knows it’s not true and lies about it anyway but that is also just your opinion.

Anyway, I already said Fox was one of the bad actors in all this media manipulation but I still think a former President of the United States ought to be able to get an interview if he wants one once in a while. We all know his Schtick by now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This bothers me too. So you want to me to unequivocally state that something definitely happened when it’s not proved? If I do, you’ll take it apart and claim you’ve proved that my whole argument is “false”. When I say something “could have” happened you say I’m “using the conspiracy theorists favorite phrase”.

no its the using of “could have” as the starting pint.

wasn’t speaking of you specifically, but if you look at the CTs on the board here (OT, Spartan) etc, the commonality is they flip logic. Logic is Occam’s razor and also a “theory” starts as UNTRUE until proven or supported at some level. CTs reverse it and almost say “its true unless you can prove it false.”

• spartan

Participant

wasn’t speaking of you specifically, but if you look at the CTs on the board here (OT, Spartan) etc, the commonality is they flip logic. Logic is Occam’s razor and also a “theory” starts as UNTRUE until proven or supported at some level. CTs reverse it and almost say “its true unless you can prove it false.”

That’s the biggest load of old bollocks you have ever said.

OT frequently goes off the deep end and is frequently very antagonistic, I will admit, but just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t make them illogical and stupid. Which actually appears to be your argument more often than not.

For example:

The press leaping to the conclusion of the Capitol Police is poor journalism

I disagree with you here. It’s not poor journalism when the premise of the argument has been proved false and yet you still “report” it as fact. You have made some salient points during the course of this thread, however, the argument that the way in which this was reported being some kind of “honest mistake” is not one I can accept. Initially, maybe, but time and time again despite the fact that extreme doubt was cast on the narrative, by the mans family no less, and pretty quickly proven false …. that’s not flipping logic, it’s, being polite, let’s say it’s seeing things from a different angle.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s the biggest load of old bollocks you have ever said.

OT frequently goes off the deep end and is frequently very antagonistic, I will admit, but just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t make them illogical and stupid. Which actually appears to be your argument more often than not.

For example:

The press leaping to the conclusion of the Capitol Police is poor journalism

I disagree with you here. It’s not poor journalism when the premise of the argument has been proved false and yet you still “report” it as fact. You have made some salient points during the course of this thread, however, the argument that the way in which this was reported being some kind of “honest mistake” is not one I can accept. Initially, maybe, but time and time again despite the fact that extreme doubt was cast on the narrative, by the mans family no less, and pretty quickly proven false …. that’s not flipping logic, it’s, being polite, let’s say it’s seeing things from a different angle.

Spartan

In one post you’re decrying my comment about conspiracy theorists

In the second youre offering a conspiracy

Btw, I have posted articles from WaPo and others dated 1/11 and 1/14 specifically stating that his injurious were unclear. actual articles from actual journalists

• Anonymous

Inactive

ABC – March 1, 2021

“Investigators are looking closely at video evidence of the Jan. 6 Capitol assault that appears to show at least one suspect spraying what appears to be a chemical irritant at police officers in the Capitol and the possibility that Officer Brian Sicknick may have been among those officers, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Sources say while significant gaps remain in the investigation, they are working to determine if there is evidence of a possible assault on Sicknick and whether such an assault had anything to do with the medical distress that led to his death.

NYT Feb 21, 2021

Update Feb. 12, 2021: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.

This update ^^ is even discussed in National Review. Note who said he died from the event (in bold). I already posted the actual PRESS release

I already posted the WaPo one

lol, maybe the problem is this stuffdoesnt reach the Cocoon

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS (CHOU-11) reported on January 8th

https://www.khou.com/article/news/national/us-capitol-police-officer-dies-stroke-riots/285-0d4f3e9c-63be-4f5b-a8f8-208dbd33a85f

The source: the Capitol Police

why would that matter?

because they were wrong the first TIME . . so . . journalist wait for the ME

• Anonymous

Inactive

weird

CNN on February 2nd

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/brian-sicknick-charges/index.html

According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.

One possibility being considered by investigators is that Sicknick became ill after interacting with a chemical irritant like pepper spray or bear spray that was deployed in the crowd. But investigators reviewing video of the officer’s time around the Capitol haven’t been able to confirm that in tape that has been recovered so far, the official said.

The case could also be complicated if Sicknick had a preexisting medical condition. It could not be learned if he did.

A spokeswoman for the US Capitol Police declined to comment for this story citing the ongoing investigation.”

maybe

its

the

cocoon???

:-)

• Anonymous

Inactive

February 10th . . . LMAO .. your MAGA here Tucker carlson even covered it.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-commentary-capitol-riot-unanswered-questions-impeachment

Thats MILLIONS in the Cocoon

Tucker Carlson: What we still don’t know about the Capitol riot
      Where was the necessary security? How did the riot start? How did Officer Brian Sicknick die?

“Officer Sicknick was not beaten to death, with a fire extinguisher or anything else. According to an exhaustive and fascinating new analysis on Revolver News, there’s no evidence that Brian Sicknick was hit with a fire extinguisher at any point on Jan 6. The officer’s body apparently bore no signs of trauma. In fact, on the night of Jan. 6, long after rioters at the Capitol had been arrested or dispersed, Brian Sicknick texted his brother from his office. According to his brother, Sicknick said he’d been “pepper sprayed twice” but was otherwise “in good shape”. Twenty-four hours later, Officer Brian Sicknick was dead.”

“How did he die? The head of the Capitol police union has said he had a stroke. His body was cremated immediately, and authorities have refused to release his autopsy.”

HAVE TO LOVE THE LITTLE APEAL TO THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS — “authorities have refused to release his autopsy”

there was a criminal investigation from day 1

• Anonymous

Inactive

the argument that the way in which this was reported being some kind of “honest mistake” is not one I can accept.

on this we agree

lol

You think Flynn was framed. You thought Russia was a hoax (probably still think that even with the latest Manafort disclosure). You thought Gaetz was being framed . . .

every issue, you see as a conspiracy of some sort, the reality is NEVER as reported

You agree, right, that it was REPORTED? I just posted 5 or 6 different sources reporting on his cause of death being unclear, not the fire extinguisher and even ‘stroke” . . all in January and February . . . RIGHT?

• jbear

Participant

Karma you posted a bunch of retractions to the original reports that mostly still aren’t telling the real truth but admitting only that the officer might not have been beaten with a fire extinguisher. Even the ones that say he didn’t have any blunt force Trauma still imply that the bear spray may have been the culprit.

This is in the same thread where you imply the hunter story was the same kind of lie even though you acknowledge that the Hunter story was suppressed and by the way it’s not the same kind of “lie” at all. This is much much worse because the story as originally reported has been proved to be completely false. The only thing false about the Hunter story was all the bs rationalizations about how it could be a fake or Russian disinformation etc etc etc….. All of which was proved not to be true.

The fact is the only thing the laptop story really proved is that Joe Biden has a degenerate loser of a Son who most likely has tried to leverage his old man’s name and reputation to make money. Not the end of the world for Joe Biden but somehow a biased media machine had the desire and the power to get this story supressed, to put out false stories to discredit it and essentially wash the whole thing away until after the election.

The fact you even bring up the laptop story in this thread is a real shame because it’s exactly what we’re talking about and you’re still having a difficult time seeing it at all.

Once and for all, I AM NOT SAYING THE LAPTOP STORY PROVES JOE BIDEN IS A CRIMINAL OR INVOLVED IN PROVEN CORRUPTION.

All I’m saying is that the machine is broken. It’s not reporting events it’s reading from a script. Thats not how it’s supposed to work.

• spartan

Participant

The autopsy for George Floyd was released pretty sharpish, and that also was a criminal investigation. I don’t think that has anything to do with it unless there was something unusual about the cause of death and releasing it would hamper the investigation.

• spartan

Participant

What conspiracy theory?

• spartan

Participant

I agree that many of the mainstream media eventually got there, but it took a while don’t you think? 7 weeks after the “insurrection” they were still reporting on how he died after injuries sustained, murder inquiries etc.

Remember the video that you posted of the “moment Sicknick died?”

People got it disastrously wrong, and for reasons that were painfully obvious that reasoning was continued far beyond reasonably warranted. To deny otherwise is to create your own little coccoon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Capitol police misreported the cause of death in a release. Many news outlets REPORTED that release. Soon after questions arose. Those same outlets reported that there were questions about the cause of death. The ME report just came out. It just came out because there has been an ongoing criminal investigation.

All you Trumpers blew a gasket. Exactly NONE of you seemingly aware that the media you want to bash reported it all

😁

• Anonymous

Inactive

The autopsy for George Floyd was released pretty sharpish, and that also was a criminal investigation. I don’t think that has anything to do with it unless there was something unusual about the cause of death and releasing it would hamper the investigation.

The George Floyd investigation is about 9:29 minutes recorded multiple witnesses and no doubt about the identities of the actors

The insurrection investigation is about dozens of unknown actors rebuilt by video and pictures and interviews etc

The two investigations couldn’t be any more different

• Anonymous

Inactive

What conspiracy theory?

The second comment is quoted. You suggest the reporting could not be an honest mistake ie it was intentional, a cabal

• Anonymous

Inactive

Karma you posted a bunch of retractions to the original reports that mostly still aren’t telling the real truth but admitting only that the officer might not have been beaten with a fire extinguisher. Even the ones that say he didn’t have any blunt force Trauma still imply that the bear spray may have been the culprit.

JBear,

You’re expecting the NYT to get something wrong and then compound that error by speculating?

Uh no. The ME report just came out. The Capitol Police still maintained he died in the ,one of service. The ME report specifically raises Jan 6th as playing a part

An autopsy finding that he did not die by a chemical irritant doesn’t mean the event played no role in a double stroke the day after

• Anonymous

Inactive

Perhaps the most uniform, pervasive (bogus) theory pounded in the cocoon is the notion that the press is somehow the enemy. There is not a single one of you Trumpers who doesn’t believe that on some level

That PRECONCEIVED NOTION turns this event (and any error) into PROOF of your theory

If you step back and look at the reporting by the big papers, they got it wrong but then corrected as the facts became clearer.

No fraud

No enemy of the people

Just typical fog of war, jump to conclusion (because of the press release) nonsense. Negligence, not conspiracy

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

So NO Police Officers were killed, 1 civilian was killed by Derek Chauvin’s brother, and no guns were seized in this “inSurRecTion”.

Pretty much… NOTHING HAPPENED…besides the LoserfgtDems &their LoserfgtMedia lying to America.

• jbear

Participant

Perhaps the most uniform, pervasive (bogus) theory pounded in the cocoon is the notion that the press is somehow the enemy. There is not a single one of you Trumpers who doesn’t believe that on some level

That PRECONCEIVED NOTION turns this event (and any error) into PROOF of your theory If you step back and look at the reporting by the big papers, they got it wrong but then corrected as the facts became clearer.
      No fraud
      No enemy of the people Just typical fog of war, jump to conclusion (because of the press release) nonsense. Negligence, not conspiracy

It doesn’t help your case any that while all this wrong reporting was going on, left wing politicians and pundits were seizing on it to score political points.
      There is a difference between the actual media who was reporting the actual fact of the officers’ death and the pundits and politicians of course. But that’s why the video link showing the talking heads calling it a murder is so important to my argument. Officer Sicknick died on January 7th and lying in honor at the Rotunda on February 2nd. There were already questions and retractions when Anderson Cooper said the week leading up to him lying in state; “Officer Brian Sicknick died after being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher durring the fight” The same week, an MSNBC host who’s name I don’t know in the same video says “After he was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher”. The banners on the bottom of the screen are talking about Brian Sicknick being honored by lying in state.
      It’s very clear. Many of these left wing pundits for purely political reasons, completely ignored the retractions and ran with the “Trumper Mob cold blooded murdered a police officer” angle. That’s seriously screwed up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

left wing politicians and pundits were seizing on it to score political points.
      There is a difference between the actual media who was reporting the actual fact of the officers’ death and the pundits and politicians of course.

You’re saying for every Tucker Carlson there’s a Rachel Maddow. Yep

But now we’ve gone from lumping the journalist in to this

None of them are perfect. They all make mistakes. Every profession. But the idea that there’s some vast left wing conspiracy working against you if you’re a Trump supporter? Uh .. cmon. Maybe the “Occams razor” explanation is just there your view of the world is a distinct minority position today. As one example, most people see Chauvin as a murderer, not a guy who was railroaded because of Maxine Waters (a suggestion on FauxNews etc)

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Biggs drops by with one of his 6 canned insults. Thanks for bringing about as much value here as chron pulling out on his sister…

When it comes to this media=bad/cabal narrative the term “confirmation bias” comes to mind…

You can certainly think that everyone reported is meant to feed a coordinated lie to fill us with a liberal agenda and unfairly criticize the right-wing…

But what is more likely is that media has a liberal bias at times, and you only see the bias while ignoring the rest. You conveniently forget that alt-right media intentionally spreads disinformation is a “state run media” sort of way “IE Mr Trump why are you such a great and amazing person?”

If you applied 1/10 of your outrage or supposed liberal media to alt-right media that calls BLM a terrorist organization, allows Tucker to say immigrants are ruining our way of life, that Sandy Hook et al were staged events, that Obama took your guns, that Obama is Muslim, that every Democrat is a socialist, that Russia is our friend, that being friends with Kim is important, that cops don’t need reform… the list could go on indefinitely…

If you applied your same disdain for your own supposed media, then you’d have some credibility.

There is bias, and there is disinformation.

Like Greenwald has a bias, but I don’t think he is spreading disinformation…

So it comes back to the old fascist adage “call your enemy that which you are”…

Look I get it… this is your “gotcha” moment. You’ve been beat down with losing and Trump ended his regime in the only way he knew how… and it couldn’t have been a worse black eye. So this helps alleviate that feeling. It helps you tell yourself “those events were exaggerated by the left-wing media”.

That a cop didn’t die directly because of what was initially reported… if this is the win you need, have at it…

It doesn’t change a damn thing about anything… truly.

• jbear

Participant

Look I get it… this is your “gotcha” moment. You’ve been beat down with losing and Trump ended his regime in the only way he knew how… and it couldn’t have been a worse black eye. So this helps alleviate that feeling. It helps you tell yourself “those events were exaggerated by the left-wing media”.

Ah geee…. thanks?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Hey man, I’m truly not trying to be a dick to you here…

Sorry if it came off that way. My feelings around this are just kinda melancholy.

Like… to me it feels like nitpicking when you can turn on Fox and get 47 of these a day.

But then I’m falling for my own frustrations because that is “whataboutism”… so I’m torn.

It’s good to criticize media but media isn’t the enemy… at least the ones that are trying to do the right thing, and would correct themselves or retract a story.

Just a “for instance” the NYP spread disinformation recently about the covid vaccine…

It is frustrating to me how there is “business” in feeding conspiracy theorist and cementing distrust in expert evaluation.

That isn’t to say don’t challenge the experts from time to time, or that experts are infallible… but the reaching that I see to undermine science and credibility of public officials with far more knowledge and experience is the road to Brave New World

• Biggs3535

Participant

If you applied your same disdain for your own supposed media, then you’d have some credibility.

I don’t have a “my media”, as I’m able to recognize damn-near all of them are full of shit. I don’t watch any of them in the MSM anymore. The Axios report shows the majority feel that way.

But you have fun in your ignorant defense (lolz @ that post) of them, Mr. Mayor. Bwahahahahaha @ “liberal bias at times” – that’s cute.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

You’re under the assumption that I’m worshiping CNN and MSNBC.

I just see it for what it is…a business making money.

Don’t like it, then go advocate for state-run media… this is capitalism.

CNN says what they say to make money. It isn’t a charity. It isn’t PBS.

• Trask Force

Participant

I don’t have a “my media”, as I’m able to recognize damn-near all of them are full of shit. I don’t watch any of them in the MSM anymore. The Axios report shows the majority feel that way.

But you have fun in your ignorant defense (lolz @ that post) of them, Mr. Mayor. Bwahahahahaha @ “liberal bias at times” – that’s cute.

Biggs, the MSM may be full of shit, but not compared to the other ways people get their news. See One Truth. You can’t criticize MSM and then get your news from some conspiracy youtuber and say you are worried about getting quality news. So you are better off just watching MSM with a big grain of salt and using your own ability to think critically while you are watching.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can’t post Ben Shapiro and Team Trump as fact snd expect yo have any credibility on media

Thats the inherent flaw in the Trumper side because some of you are saying “the left lies. Yeah, I know my side lies too. I like my lies”

How about find the truth. It’s there. Just have to look

• jbear

Participant

Biggs, the MSM may be full of shit, but not compared to the other ways people get their news. See One Truth. You can’t criticize MSM and then get your news from some conspiracy youtuber and say you are worried about getting quality news. So you are better off just watching MSM with a big grain of salt and using your own ability to think critically while you are watching.

Oh yeah sure Roy… MSM is better than a youtube channel about Hillary Clinton eating babies. You win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“You lefties lie!”

“Now shut up cause Tucker coming on”

He admitting to lying rather than paying a big defamation claim

“Ben Shapiro says that’s false”

“And Trump says Russia was a hoax”

“And Mexico paid for the wall”

😂

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this Capitol Police every Trumper here squealed about the “media” … some suggesting an intentional effort to deceive

But the actual facts were reported

I posted them here, with the dates

The response from the Trumpers?

“Too slow”

“Maddow”

🙄

But if Team Trump says Trump had record turnout in a primary…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Jan 6th – Nothing Happened.

Except Derrick Chauvin’s twin brother shot an unarmed protester dead and got away with it.

WhiteLivesMatter

The Loserfgt(D)Party lied to America.

• spartan

Participant

What conspiracy theory?

The second comment is quoted. You suggest the reporting could not be an honest mistake ie it was intentional, a cabal

That’s not a conspiracy. It’s an opinion that I stick by. Many news outlets and commentators, political and “social” continued with a narrative was at best, dubious because they wanted to denigrate Trump and Trump supporters.

• spartan

Participant

The Capitol police misreported the cause of death in a release. Many news outlets REPORTED that release. Soon after questions arose. Those same outlets reported that there were questions about the cause of death. The ME report just came out. It just came out because there has been an ongoing criminal investigation.

All you Trumpers blew a gasket. Exactly NONE of you seemingly aware that the media you want to bash reported it all

😁

I can only assume you don’t actually watch or read the media you are so keen to defend. Most, but not all admittedly, ran with it for weeks. Even then, “corrections” and “developments” were buried in the backpages until it became absolutely necessary to publicize them. Additionally the prime time reporting continued with the “armed insurrection killing Capital Police officers” narrative and tone. From CNN anyway because no matter how hard I try I really can’t stay on MSNBC for more than 60 seconds.

• spartan

Participant

On this Capitol Police every Trumper here squealed about the “media” … some suggesting an intentional effort to deceive

I huff and puff trying to give the benefit of the doubt, think bias or a different mindset etc, but it’s often hard not to believe much of it isn’t intentional. When some reporters leave out certain facts or quotes that result in a completely different picture than what actually happened, and generates a completely different result, what other reason can there be?

• Trask Force

Participant

Oh yeah sure Roy… MSM is better than a youtube channel about Hillary Clinton eating babies. You win.

Yes unbelievable. Where do people get their news if its not the main stream media? I think the vast majority get our news from the MSM, but then we have different outlets who interpret or editorialize on the news in ways that are more appealing to us, whether its magazines, websites or TV talking heads. Even QAnon takes the main stream news and then uses it to create their conspiracies. For example, where did they find out about the ship blocking the Suez Canal? They heard about it from the MSM, and then in typical fashion they decided that it was carrying a boatload of babies for Hillary and her gang.

• Anonymous

Inactive

because they wanted to denigrate Trump and Trump supporters.

This is a conspiracy. You’re suggesting that disconnected group of entities, many competitors actually, are United in their effort to make you look bad …

as opposed to report the news

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can only assume

That has never served you well

• Col. Klink

Participant

Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.

This is total bipartisan bullshit. I’ve got no problem with tearing into the liberal media with the handling of the Sicknick saga but in the end, what real harm was done? What happened on Jan 6th didn’t need to be embellished because there was plenty of video proof of how those traitors acted that day, including one of a police officer who did actually get hit in the head with a fire extinguisher. The fact that he didn’t die wasn’t from a lack of trying ….

But let’s compare that to the garbage journalism of the conservative media and the disgusting dishonesty of Republicans in Washington DC in the 2 months leading up to Jan 6th. Without those furthering of lies, Jan 6th probably doesn’t happen and the people dead because of it are still alive….. so spare me that righteous bullshit about having no interest in the truth. If there’s any group that make a mockery of the truth in regards to what occurred the last 6 months it’s you guys.

• Anonymous

Inactive

. If there’s any group that make a mockery of the truth in regards to what occurred the last 6 months it’s you guys.

To that point

“ Republicans don’t want a bipartisan commission to investigate the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol unless it also looks at unrelated events from the previous year.”

Doing everything they can to block it.

The Sicknick stiff is deflection. It’s faux “outrage” to burn up oxygen and distract from GOP efforts to scuttle the commission before it starts

The Trumper flock is all to eager to oblige

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Here is a simple truth:

Sicknick is still alive if not for the seditionist insurrection

The insurrection doesn’t happen if not for Trump’s choice words.

Again, this “win” is trivial at best…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buggsy, when you prove you can read, might respond

Sincerely,

Voting Rights Act
      TeamTrump

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the Sicknick error – firing a unique event in history – was a cabal, the “left wing” media selling a narrative…

BUT this was not?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the “red meat” fiasco actually proves that you people (hyper partisan) are the problem. I say they because this is a false store of FALSE OUTRAGE that catches on precisely because it plays to a pre-conceived notion.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Maybe the “red meat” fiasco actually proves that you people (hyper partisan) are the problem

It would be nice if more people weren’t “hyper partisan” like yourself, Mr. Cronkite.

lolz @ “you people.” Absolutely no self-awareness.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the “red meat” fiasco actually proves that you people (hyper partisan) are the problem

It would be nice if more people weren’t “hyper partisan” like yourself, Mr. Cronkite.

lolz @ “you people.” Absolutely no self-awareness.

“there’s no GOP voter suppression”

you take that back?

“Polling stations are not discussed in the VRA”

Howe about that one?

“Bernie would be Trump’s toughest opponent”

That one?

“Trump has record turnout in primaries, per TEAM TRUMP”

uhh

“Ben Shapiro . . .”

“Candace Owens . . “

• Biggs3535

Participant

Ctrl-c
      Ctrl-p

It’s true. You nitwits are pretty simple to handle, Mr. Mayor.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s true. You nitwits are pretty simple to handle, Mr. Mayor.

lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outraged, right?

• jbear

Participant

And you ARE outraged… which is hilarious considering the amount of falsehoods and outright lies that you happily gobble up when it suits your little script.

Of course a truly false story should be checked and pointed out when they happen. I agree with you there. The thing is the stories that you point out are almost always barely covered by anyone while the lies you help to spread are covered by almost all. And I guess that is where you get your self righteous attitude about everything. You seem to feel that even when you get busted, since you still believe most of the garbage is true anyway, it doesn’t count or something.

It’s pretty laughable. And again, pointing out your hypocrisy puts me on the side of the evil people which isn’t even completely true.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol jbear

This was literal fake news…

The Hunter Biden story (I’m assuming this is what you’re referring to) is UNSUBSTANTIATED!

Comparing the two is moronic… Fox had to apologize. Fox

• Anonymous

Inactive

while the lies you help to spread

Hunters laptop

• Anonymous

Inactive

JBear has painted himself in a corner so it time to gaslight

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s clear that we were fed a false narrative that was used as a weapon by a certain political party.

Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.

“Anyone that is not repulsed buy the garbage journalism and disgusting dishonesty by elected Democrats in Washington D.C. simply has no interest in the truth.”

One of the most truthful sentences posted on this board.

the argument that the way in which this was reported being some kind of “honest mistake” is not one I can accept.

• Anonymous

Inactive

a LONG TIME NY Post reporter — longtime — resigns saying she was FORCED (ie it was INTENTIONAL) to write a false story and that story was a Harris/Biden hit piece from the same Murdoch-controlled newspaper that brought you “Hunter Biden’s laptop” AND THE STORY WAS PARROTED on Murdoch-controlled Faux News

and crickets from all those who expressed outrage over the Sicknick ERROR above?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yup…

They lied about the vaccines causing herpes, they lied about red meat, they lied about Harris books at the border…

Oh but the laptop story, that one’s 100% real!

How much more losing can these guys take before they just admit defeat for the suckers they are?

An odd hill to die on…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How much more losing can these guys take

I dont know that its a question of losing or defeat as much as just adopting a healthy skepticism about their sources INCLUDING their source who urge them to ignore MSM. When does that happen>?

In other words, whatever one’s view of the so-called MSM, it should be beyond any reasonable dispute that Trump and his surrogates and FauxNews and alt-right social media are actually MANIPULATING their followers.

Feel free to believe them same thing about the MSM, but that shouldn’t mean you then accept the falsity for the other sources, right? NO one . . . NO ONE . . .would say, “I am not buying a car from the ABC car dealership because I think they are liars, so I am going to buy a car from the other SELF-ADMITTED and oft-busted liars at XYZ dealership.”

that makes no sense

This thread is now comparing two things, one is PERCEIVED fake news and the other ACTUAL, intentional FAKE NEWS:

Sicknick coverage -where the perception is understandable, but doesnt quite mesh with the realty when you look at the journalists

AND

Harris Book – an actual career journalist at the most Trump-friendly newspaper publishing a KNOWN false story and claiming that she was force to. That claim might be false but so far the Post has not fired anyone. Normally, the editor would be fired IMMEDIATELY. And, much to the contrary, they just fired the prior editor a few months back and . . . YOU GUESSED IT . . replaced him with a very Trump/Murdoch friendly editor.

weird

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It’s apples and oranges.

Having a bias or slant is not the same as creating disinformation…

There is 100% a liberal bias in media but it’s like a 55/45 split…

And while there are some shitty left-wing outlets that do spread their own disinformation, it is absolutely dwarfed by the alt-right machine and their gaslighting techniques.

Like saying NYT vs NYP are the same level of journalism but on different ends of the spectrum. No… just fucking no.

If 5 is truly neutral
      NYT is a 3.5
      NYP is an 8.5

Both have a bias but one has a vested interest in their public perception

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hunter Biden’s laptop was an outrage to most of the Trump supporters in this thread

The architect of that story? Well . . .

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.