Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• JoshMcCrownUs

Participant

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-part-ways-with-two-scouts/Former, perhaps disgruntled, employees with access to the inner thinkings of the bucs war room leaking their knowledge? Wouldn't be the first time or the last. Also they could still have friends back at One Buc, friends that could be pissed off enough to call a media guy off the record.Just sayin.Tampa Bay Buccaneers Part Ways With Two ScoutsBy Jenna Laine Bucs Insider Email Print Comments 0The Tampa Bay Buccaneers opted not to renew contracts for scouts Seth Turner (left) and Justin Sheridan (right)The NFL Draft is two weeks away and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have given two members of the scouting department a head start finding new teams to work for.According to multiple sources, the Bucs opted not to renew the contracts of college scouts Seth Turner and Justin Sheridan, who spent a combined 22 years working for the team.Turner just finished his 14th season with the Buccaneers and ninth as a college scout. He was most responsible for scouting the Midwest region. He started with the team as an intern in 2000 and was part of the franchise’s first and only Super Bowl appearance in 2002.Sheridan spent eight seasons with the Bucs, including four as a college scout. He was responsible for the Midwest region and parts of the Northwest, according to the team website. He joined the team in 2006, serving as a pro personnel assistant for one season and later, a pro scout.Tags: Bucs, Bucs Scouting Department, Jenna Laine, Justin Sheridan, NFL, NFL Draft, Seth Turner, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything is possible, but it’s a lot more likely that a) the Bucs leaked this because they want Manziel going earlier than their pick, or b) another team ahead of the Bucs wants to create a market to trade up.  This is the smokiest time in smokescreen season. 99% of the stuff you hear from here on out, ask yourself, who benefits?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything is possible, but it's a lot more likely that a) the Bucs leaked this because they want Manziel going earlier than their pick, or b) another team ahead of the Bucs wants to create a market to trade up.  This is the smokiest time in smokescreen season. 99% of the stuff you hear from here on out, ask yourself, who benefits?

Agreed smokescreen is the likeliest scenario, tis the season.Just spitballin here really, but hey who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it is, I like it!It means there IS interest in the best QB prospect in this draft.  If this guy turns out to be what he was in the NCAA ranks, he will be a BEAST QB for some lucky team.  Hopefully us!JFF is what the Bucs need!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it is, I like it!It means there IS interest in the best QB prospect in this draft.  If this guy turns out to be what he was in the NCAA ranks, he will be a BEAST QB for some lucky team.  Hopefully us!JFF is what the Bucs need!

Hell yeah. +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Creating the market. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sigh. JFF will lead the NFL in some key statistics. Turnovers being the most significant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah. +1

Count me in +2

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s the sourcehttp://www.nfl.com/podcast/aroundtheleague-podcast/1398458796000/detail

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah. +1

Count me in +2

You all must have loved Jeff Garcia's game.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, no, and no. The manziel love story came out a good week or two before the release of these scouts.  Nice try at detective work though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah. +1

Count me in +2

Actually, I did enjoy watching garcia play in tampa. Say what you want, but the guy had heart and would fight for every inch he got on the field.And manziel is already at or beyond "old" garcia talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, no, and no. The manziel love story came out a good week or two before the release of these scouts.  Nice try at detective work though.

The initial reports were a few weeks ago, but there seemed to be a fresh wave over the last week with the Ed Werder report and I forget who's elses. Conversely, it could also be the front office fanning the flames of their own screen, hoping gullible individuals such as myself take the bait and connect the phantom dots.No way to know for sure til draft day, if ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The initial reports were a few weeks ago, but there seemed to be a fresh wave over the last week with the Ed Werder report and I forget who's elses. Conversely, it could also be the front office fanning the flames of their own screen, hoping gullible individuals such as myself take the bait and connect the phantom dots.No way to know for sure til draft day, if ever.

It's just people regurgitating other peoples reports. There was no new rush of stories when these guys were fired. Most of the reports were just stating the exact same phrases as the initial reports. No new comments were quoted, no new information came out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah. +1

Count me in +2

Actually, I did enjoy watching garcia play in tampa. Say what you want, but the guy had heart and would fight for every inch he got on the field.And manziel is already at or beyond "old" garcia talent.

If we got Manziel do you expect us to run all of our plays from the shotgun with Manziel about 5 yards off the line and do you expect him to get more time to throw the ball the nearly every other team? Do also think its fine that he wont step up into the pocket when he feels pressure on the sides? If you dont expect those things that Im not sure how youre so confident Manziel is going to be an awesome QB in the NFL.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.