Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Tom Crabtree ?@itsCrab 25mI've been released. Thank you to Lovie and the rest of the new staff for giving me a shot. That's a great group of guys. Expect big things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman 10mCrabtree's release from Bucs should have a corresponding addition -- could be a tryout player impressing enough Friday to land a contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How does stocker not get released first? Is he the blocking dummy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker had a better IR?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Puke Stocker , the modern day Rasputin .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought the 49ers released their receiver. I was excited too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well if the Bucs carry only 3 TEs…Stocker is a goner anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker is safe he’s 6′-6″……..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No special teams value. It’s amazing Luke Myron Lewis stocker wasn’t cut first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker is the best blocking TE on the roster. He may make the final roster unless a guy not currently on the roster is brought in simply because of his blocking ability.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think both Stocker and Crabtree will be gone. Both are pretty fragile.  Banged up too much.  When the Bucs drafted that new TE, both those guys probably said, Oh ____!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker is the best blocking TE on the roster. He may make the final roster unless a guy not currently on the roster is brought in simply because of his blocking ability.

What good is it to be the best blocker if you are made of peanut brittle?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peanut brittle has improved my quality of life while the same cannot be said for Luke. I accept your apology in advance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That makes Stocker a lock to make the team now.  Good for Stocker.  (He’s a baller)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That makes Stocker a lock to make the team now.  Good for Stocker.  (He's a baller ball boy)

That's more like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sucks when crabtree tore up his ankle last year… not a great tight end but in the preseason he flashed a little bit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair point but at this point I think he'd be on the roster based on the other guys on it and what I think they want to do offensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think he will get picked up by anyone. He is still fairly young, but he has never done much of anything. You can’t even make the “he had 1 great season’ argument.  But at least he has a Super Bowl ring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ Myers WrightNo room for the Schiano and Dominik project players. Steven Means is good as gone too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ Myers WrightNo room for the Schiano and Dominik project players. Steven Means is good as gone too.

Wright is pretty much the definition of one of their project players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker needs to be gone, but lack of depth after wright will be a concern, so he probably gets lucky and stays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Wright cant be considered a project player because he actually produced. 54 - 571 - 5 TD in one year. Stocker has 28 - 257 - 1 TD in 3 years. I am positive I have correctly identified which one is a project.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m really hoping to see 2 tight end sets with ASJ and Wright. I think it will add a whole new dynamic to this offense that we’ve never seen before.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I'm really hoping to see 2 tight end sets with ASJ and Wright. I think it will add a whole new dynamic to this offense that we've never seen before.

You mean 1st downs ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Wright cant be considered a project player because he actually produced. 54 - 571 - 5 TD in one year. Stocker has 28 - 257 - 1 TD in 3 years. I am positive I have correctly identified which one is a project.

So a player is only a project player if they don't or haven't worked out?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need 4 TE’s this season I’ll wager due to 3 TE sets. Stocker might make it if he stays healthy through camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs cut two of their best blocking TE’s in Maneri and Crabtree.Of the remaining TE's all of them with the exception of Stocker are known to be threats in the passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends unfortunately stocker may make it how many tes got hurt for us last year 3 I believe. Imo we should have released stocker before crab.but if either one of them are playing significant time were fucked anyways

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Stocker is next.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the risk of being called a DA again, I will point out that Evans,( a good blocker) could line up at the TE with ASJ on the other side. We can run or pass with that line up with no tip off due to who is on the field. Add Sims to that line and the D will have some thinking to do,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last suggestion isn’t happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see Stocker sticking IMO.ASJ and Myers both can block and are superior pass catchers.  Wright showed he can block in space but not that stout on the short yardage/goal line situations. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Game, set, match. Well played GoldsonAges.People are forgetting how great a receiver Wright was last year. He catched everything thrown in his vicinity. I am super excited to see him and ASJ running patters in the 2 TE set this year with the other twin towers on the outside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see Stocker sticking IMO.ASJ and Myers both can block and are superior pass catchers.  Wright showed he can block in space but not that stout on the short yardage/goal line situations.

Stocker won't stick, I think Crabtree was released as a courtesy that he might find his way to another team now easier than at the end of August. Stocker, OTOH, isn't gonna make a team, August or before the sun goes nova.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Game, set, match. Well played GoldsonAges.People are forgetting how great a receiver Wright was last year. He catched everything thrown in his vicinity. I am super excited to see him and ASJ running patters in the 2 TE set this year with the other twin towers on the outside.

Wright played great last year and I'm excited to see his improvement. I don't think anyone was questioning how Wright played.But saying he wasn't a project player just because he performed is silly. He was an undrafted wide receiver that they converted to a tight end. He had to gain weight and learn a new position on the fly. That is the definition of a project.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Crabtree was released as a courtesy that he might find his way to another team now easier than at the end of August.

That's pretty much the same way I read it as well...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we use Wright in the slot as as a reserve WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Crabtree was released as a courtesy that he might find his way to another team now easier than at the end of August.

That's pretty much the same way I read it as well...

Yep, thats exactly what happened.  If you know a guy is buried on the depth chart and carries no trade value, might as well cut him early and let him weigh his options with other teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we use Wright in the slot as as a reserve WR.

Sure, but he is much more valuable as a TE.  Especially with ASJ in a 2 TE set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put him in the slot sometimes as the small receiver on the field!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking having the Triple Towers/Duncaneers as WR/TE and Wright in the slot. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much height for anyone to defend with those four guys on the field. Hell they could play volleyball/keep away all the way down the field until they scored..

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.