Viewing 71 reply threads

• Author

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

Say the draft plays out like this in front of us :1. Clowney - Texans2.Watkins - Rams3.Bortles - Jaguars4.Manziel - Browns5. Evans - Oakland6.Mack - FalconsNow say there is no interest from any team to trade up for our pick. All that is left with a top 7 grade is the OT's , which we don't need , and Bridgewater who has been bombing all offseason  . Since we'd be in reach mode regardless , why not reach for Odell Beckham JR at this point ??  Might sound crazy but WR is by far our most desperate need .  I believe that at the end of the day Odell is going to be as good of a pro as Sammy is. Very similar players. Gives us a speedy YAC guy to compliment Vjax AND the electric kick returner Lovie has said he wants.  Is it really that big of a reach ?? Maybe only on the surface.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrnoBaller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No draft Donald.. Gilbert… Bridgewater.. Or one of the OTs.No need to reach that high for OBJ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If those LT’s are still available someone will be willing to trade up for Robinson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m fine with OBJ at 7. I prefer Bridgewater/Manziel… but I’d rather grab OBJ than one of the tackles.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

With the depth in the receiver class this season there is no need to reach. We could end up with Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief etc in the second or third round. So I wouldn’t reach for a receiver when there are legitimate alternatives in later rounds.If Evans is gone I'd be very tempted to draft Jake Matthews. The guy can be an elite right tackle, and that would give the team a pair of book ends for the long term. All that happens then is you slide Joseph in at RG, keep him as depth, cut or trade.My backup option would be  to seriously consider Teddy Bridgewater. His stock might have fallen, but when you look at his college tape he's still a topQB prospect. It would be nice to draft him and let him sit a season or two behind McCown while the coaching staff develop him. Slowly blood him in like Rodgers at Green Bay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No draft Donald.. Gilbert... Bridgewater.. Or one of the OTs.No need to reach that high for OBJ

That would be the safe thing to do ....but ....I like a bold move every now and then. I realize people would scream bloody murder if we did this,  but I would be excited . This kid is gonna be as good as Sammy. Mark it down.  8)

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

If those LT's are still available someone will be willing to trade up for Robinson.

With the number of teams with a need at tackle, I think you're right that one of them might be tempted to trade up at the right price to land one of the top tackle prospects. Perhaps we could offer a swap with the Panthers for Hardy?  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If those LT's are still available someone will be willing to trade up for Robinson.

With the number of teams with a need at tackle, I think you're right that one of them might be tempted to trade up at the right price to land one of the top tackle prospects. Perhaps we could offer a swap with the Panthers for Hardy?  ;D

That would be ideal , of course . If we can trade back and still get Odell I will dance the jig down Dale Mabry. As a Buc fan , though , you can never assume that things will work out in our favor , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no way. hes a prospect rated in the late teens to early 20s. its a bit much of a reach and id like to think that there are teams that we could trade back if we want to go that route and take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have Beckham as the second best WR in the draft after Evans. Im hoping for Teddy and then a trade back into the first for Beckham.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not do any trade down with a team in our division, especially the Panthers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no to a trade down with Carolina, unless we’re positively raping them. I didn’t get to see much OBJ, he’s a solid return guy too, right?

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

I would not do any trade down with a team in our division, especially the Panthers.

It was more a joke than a serious suggestion. But if we could pull off a deal where we swap draft picks and acquire Greg Hardy (unlikely but if they can't afford a new deal you never know), then would that not be a good deal?We could end up with Hardy on our D-Line, and still have a pick to acquire a receiver like Cooks, Beckham etc at #28. Again it was a suggestion made in jest, but I think it would be a good deal as we'd be taking a piece out of the Panthers' fearsomeD.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have Beckham as the second best WR in the draft after Evans. Im hoping for Teddy and then a trade back into the first for Beckham.

I have him as the 2nd best also. ( although a better fit for us )No one can convince me that he is not just as good as Sammy, and their measurable are almost mirrors of one another.  So if Sammy is worth it , why not Odell ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no to a trade down with Carolina, unless we're positively raping them. I didn't get to see much OBJ, he's a solid return guy too, right?

Nasty return man. Teams are scared to kick at him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you’re not crazy about the QBs, u take Robinson. He’s an elite talent and would be an anchor on our line for the next 10 years. I’m good with that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could certainly use that ^ Lovie has been gushing about the importance of special teams this offseason, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dear God, this would be an awful top ten pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater would HAVE to be the pick in this scenario.Young man has done nothing but grow and get better every year.  With some time behind McCown and some NFL conditioning he could legitimately be a star in this league in a years time

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m certainly on the QB train, but if they pass on him or JFF then I’m all for WR. Obviously trading down a few spots would make me more comfortable with taking OBJ but if they take him at 7, I’m good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take Robinson and do what , move him to guard ? Guard is not good value that high either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I firmly believe that the Bucs will take best player available.  Where Dom got into trouble was drafting for need and doubling down on positions.  They seemed like great ideas at the time, but did not pan out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BPA is fine and dandy when you don’t have a lot of holes but when Lavelle Hawkins and Murphy are fighting for your #2 WR spot then you need to re-evaluate. If Robinson is your 5th or 6th BPA and Evans is 7th or 8th then you take Evans, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would hate it if we took him over Bridge, Gilbert, or Donald. Plenty of WRs will be there in the 2nd that can have a good impact for us next year.Hell, I think I would feel better "reaching" for guys like Zach Martin, Dee Ford, Ebron, or Barr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would hate it if we took him over Bridge, Gilbert, or Donald. Plenty of WRs will be there in the 2nd that can have a good impact for us next year.

The depth of WR means any WR in R1 is gonna feel like an overdraft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am going to guess that WRs are going to run in the first round. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take Robinson and do what

And have the best OL in the league.Take Donald and have a sick rotation on the DL.Take Gilbert and have another playmaker in the secondary.Brigdewater... QB of the future.Barr... Another Pass rusher with huge upsideTake any one of those guys and then position yourself to get OBJ later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ will go late teens. We cant get him later.You've named the benefits of drafting those other guys , but Odell could have just as big of an impact to our wr core and special teams. Especially considering the hole that currently exists at that position is bigger than the rest.I hope we can trade back , but I'm just throwing this out there. Anyone who loves Sammy should at least be open to Beckham. Same player pretty much , one just has all the hype behind him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^ Agreed, with the hard on Lovie has for special teams you can’t discount him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OBJ will go late teens. We cant get him later.You've named the benefits of drafting those other guys , but Odell could have just as big of an impact to our wr core and special teams. Especially considering the hole that currently exists at that position is bigger than the rest.I hope we can trade back , but I'm just throwing this out there. Anyone who loves Sammy should at least be open to Beckham. Same player pretty much , one just has all the hype behind him.

Ive always thought that Beckham was just as athletic as watkins yet people like to call watkins a rare specimen, or a freak athlete. They're both great fits for us. Watkins gives you more physicality and OBJ gives you better moves and a dangerous return man. Both are the same speed. I prefer the moves to get open quicker aspect so I've always had OBJ above watkins. Above both of them is Evans. He is the actual rare specimen prospect, but both Watkins and OBJ currently fit better with Vjax.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And have the best OL in the league.Take Donald and have a sick rotation on the DL.Take Gilbert and have another playmaker in the secondary.Brigdewater... QB of the future.Barr... Another Pass rusher with huge upsideTake any one of those guys and then position yourself to get OBJ later.

The only one I'd moderately be against is Robinson/Matthews. Really we only need a starting OG which can be had with the next 2 picks. Donald would be cool. Could move him around all over the DL. LDE on earlier downs, UT on downs where McCoy is off the field, NT on obvious passing downs. Carolina mostly used DTs in their rotation last year. Their 3rd DE saw less snaps than their 4th DT...and their pass rush was sick-nasty. Donald would give us three very good DT options and we could have a good 5-6 DL rotation with our DEs/DTs.Gilbert is a baller. He could be used all over the secondary. Put him outside if Banks/Jenkins are struggling. Move him inside to cover quicker slot guys/stud TEs. Wouldn't hate this pick at all.Bridgewater........d7cb1485-1f44-42ce-a2bb-53995335acc1_zps3c684ff8.jpgBarr is an athletic freak. Would give our edge rush a nice shot in the arm. Depending on how much of the defense he could retain, there is also the slight possibility that he could be used as a SLB-type rusher. I am totally up for upgrading our pass rush still. I think if it is left as is, then we will still be disappointed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And have the best OL in the league.Take Donald and have a sick rotation on the DL.Take Gilbert and have another playmaker in the secondary.Brigdewater... QB of the future.Barr... Another Pass rusher with huge upsideTake any one of those guys and then position yourself to get WR later.

WIN....WIN....WIN.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pepsi is one smart dude. Couldn’t agree more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After reading Steve White’s analysis, I have no problem with drafting Robinson to play guard for a few seasons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beckham is nice, but taking him over Robinson….that’s an Oakland kinda move….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After reading Steve White's analysis, I have no problem with drafting Robinson to play guard for a few seasons.

Was that article posted here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone would want to trade up for on of the OT’s, so trade down get the extra picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After reading Steve White's analysis, I have no problem with drafting Robinson to play guard for a few seasons.

Was that article posted here?

I'm not sure, but here's the link to the awesomely titled, "Greg Robinson is coming to take your lunch money": http://www.sbnation.com/2014/3/19/5480416/2014-nfl-draft-greg-robinson-scouting-report-breakdown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No No No. You run up to the podium and select Robinson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone would want to trade up for on of the OT's, so trade down get the extra picks.

When was the last time anyone traded up into the top ten to get an OT? Highly unlikely that happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone would want to trade up for on of the OT's, so trade down get the extra picks.

When was the last time anyone traded up into the top ten to get an OT? Highly unlikely that happens.

That quote in your sig.... Bwahahahahahahaha!That's amazing!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That quote in your sig.... Bwahahahahahahaha!That's amazing!

Right? The dude provides new wacky Manziel quotes on the daily....comedy gold, I tell ya.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m mostly with Chace on this (other than the Barr selection, the guy quits on plays going away from him). My choice at this point would be Donald or Robinson. I’d be perfectly happy with either of them. But as XFactor mentioned, there would very likely be trade partners then for one of the tackles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it is ever a good idea to take a wide receiver in the top 10. Especially in a draft as deep as this one. With that being said OBJ is a great football player and I wouldn’t complain too much wherever they took him. I think the combination of Donald and Landry or Matthews would be much, much better value though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that someone would likely want to trade up for the tackles. We do need an electric return man AND a #2 receiver. He could fill both. I’d rather have Bridgewater though, personally.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Honestly if we could trade down and get Beckham that would be awesome, but I would not be completely against taking him here. Everyone wants Evans at 7 and I seriously like Beckham more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OT is just not a position that you will see teams trading up for…especially if the top 2 slip. That just means that the other tackles like Lewan, Kouandjio, Moses, Fleming, etc will be pushed down and will available for teams to grab later than expected. As deep as the class is for WRs, it is also a deep draft for OTs. We could see 8-10 go in the top 3 rounds. Also, the top 2 aren't miles ahead of the next 3-4 OTs as far as their projections to the NFL. Like I said before, highly unlikely anyone is trading up to #7 for an OT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Surprised as many people are open to idea as there are in this thread. I figured I’d get flamed to holy hell for even suggesting it. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It goes against the grain of “___is a reach”, which I like. I don’t really like the thought of saying that one player is a “reach” at a certain draft pick. Every year there are guys who are drafted outside of the top ten who outperform those who were drafted in the top ten and go on to have much better careers. The projection for Beckham is currently somewhere between 16-25 in the draft, so it’s not like we’re talking about a guy who will absolutely be there when we pick at #38. It’s all about impact. First and foremost, the impact needs to overwhelmingly come from him being a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. His return skills should be considered, but only to a degree. Kickoff returns have been almost eliminated and there aren’t too many opportunities a game to get a clean return on a punt. It’s a bonus though. If L&L think that there is a huge drop off from him to guys like Moncrief, Benjamin, Matthews, etc…then so be it.Also, no one is trading up for an OT, but if there is a QB there and the Bucs don't want him, then someone might want to jump Minnesota to grab him. Maybe Tennessee would have an interest. That would provide an extra pick or two and Beckham would still be there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really really bad idea.  I can think of about 100 players I would choose over this midget.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Course ya would , Cody Grimm Reaper. Name 75-100 so we can laugh at your dumb ass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol @ 6′ WRs being referred to as “midgets”.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Lol @ 6' WRs being referred to as "midgets".

Lmao right it's such a dumb statement. For receptions this past season 4 of the top 10 were 6 ft and under. And for the top 10 in reception yards 3 out of the 10 were top 10. Guess none of those guys matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Antonio Brown = MidgetTorrey Smith = MidgetPierre Garcon = MidgetTY Hilton = MidgetDesean Jackson = MidgetKendall Wright = MidgetJulian Edelman = MidgetVictor Cruz = MidgetReggie Wayne = MidgetSteve Smith = MidgetWes Welker = MidgetRandall Cobb = MidgetJeremy Maclin = MidgetMike Wallace = MidgetPercy Harvin = MidgetGreg Jennings = Midget...and so forth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson is a Mental Midget.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m surprised Goldson hasn’t lobbied for LeBron or Dwight Howard to play receiver.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBron = MidgetDirk = Average Height

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If either one of them are there it can easily happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could happen…but you’re gonna wanna hit save after that transaction on the ps4/xb1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OT is just not a position that you will see teams trading up for...especially if the top 2 slip. That just means that the other tackles like Lewan, Kouandjio, Moses, Fleming, etc will be pushed down and will available for teams to grab later than expected. As deep as the class is for WRs, it is also a deep draft for OTs. We could see 8-10 go in the top 3 rounds. Also, the top 2 aren't miles ahead of the next 3-4 OTs as far as their projections to the NFL. Like I said before, highly unlikely anyone is trading up to #7 for an OT.

I agree with all that except for the top two aren't far off from the 3-4. Robinson and Matthews are rated as the number 2 and 3 overall prospects by some, if some team can give up  a pick or two to get the 2nd best overall prospect in this draft they will do it.  I see it as highly likely a team will try to trade up for one of them. We will just have to disagree and see how it plays out, most likely neither one will be there at 7 anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewan is ranked in the top 15 by a lot of draft-xperts. Kouandjio and Moses have border line 1st round grades which puts them between 25-35. I just dont see a team falling in love with those 2 OTs enough to hop up to #7. It wouldn’t take too much for a team in the early teens to hop up I suppose,  but why would you with Lewan as a real possibility and Lewans on the field potential is just as high as Matthews and Robinson’s. Teams further back in the draft are going to have to give up way too much to hop up and could just grab Kouandjio and hold onto their 2nd/3rd round picks. I could possibly see your point if this draft had a huge drop off in talent past a certain point, but this is a very deep class with a lot of talent at a lot of positions. That also makes their later picks in the draft more valuable as they could be getting instant difference makers well into the 3rd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Antonio Brown = Midget 6th roundTorrey Smith = Midget 2nd roundPierre Garcon = Midget 6th roundTY Hilton = Midget 3rd roundDesean Jackson = Midget 2nd roundKendall Wright = Midget 1st roundJulian Edelman = Midget 7th roundVictor Cruz = Midget UDFAReggie Wayne = Midget 1st roundSteve Smith = Midget 3rd roundWes Welker = Midget UDFARandall Cobb = Midget 2nd roundJeremy Maclin = Midget 1st roundMike Wallace = Midget 3rd roundPercy Harvin = Midget 1st roundGreg Jennings = Midget 2nd round...and so forth.

Haha sooo true!!!You can have all of those midgets and I will roll with the non midget WR's.Calvin Johnson = non midgetAJ Green = non midgetJulio Jones = non midgetDez Bryant = non midgetVincent Jackson = non midgetBrandon Marshall = non midgetWhat round should you draft your midget WR? That question is relevant to this thread. Not under any circumstance would I spend a 1st round pick on a guy who projects as a slot WR / KR. Those are day 2 or day 3 selections.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really really bad idea.  I can think of about 100 players I would choose over this midget.

OUCH!!I can't keep up.....what's his alias today??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No draft Donald.. Gilbert... Bridgewater.. Or one of the OTs.No need to reach that high for OBJ

Minus Gilbert... I stand by what i said. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Minus Gilbert... I stand by what i said. Lol

Eh he may still be ok. Life isn't easy for rookie CBs in the nfl haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Priceless!  Although Hate, you were giving some of us the hate for wanting Teddy :).  Thank goodness we didn’t get Jonny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Priceless!  Although Hate, you were giving some of us the hate for wanting Teddy :).  Thank goodness we didn't get Jonny.

I concur.....though i'm still not a fan of Teddy's slight frame.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Teddy ok  ….but I’m still not super high on him. He’ll be a middle of the road guy , and probably injury prone as the hits mount up . We can do better with Mariota or Rapey McCrablegs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Teddy ok  ....but I'm still not super high on him. He'll be a middle of the road guy , and probably injury prone as the hits mount up . We can do better with Mariota or Rapey McCrablegs.

Teddy has shown to be as advertised thus far. Improving as expected.64% completion.7.19 Y/A.84.9 passer rating.TD passes in 9 straight games.Passer rating over 110 in 3 of last 4 games.Over 70% completion in each of last 4 games.But by far the most important thing is he seems to be getting better every month.

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

OUCH!!I can't keep up.....what's his alias today??

Anyone?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cyrus i think , but im not sure yet .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see that I wasn’t anti-OBJ. lol. Dude was excellent this year. It is good though that Evans worked out and is nearly as good as OBJ. Also, glad to see that I was pretty much dead on when it came to the OTs. No one was gonna trade up for those two tackles and Lewan actually ended up being better than Robinson and Matthews, prior to his injury of course. Those two are just further evidence that OTs are more likely to bust than QBs.

Please wait…

Viewing 71 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.