Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

the Bucs have the first pick in the draft and a team like the Lions or the Ravens call and offer us their starting QB for the pick.  Would you be in favor of doing it?  Bucs would know what they are getting so there is no risk and no growing pains with a rookie.  Flacco or Stafford might not be elite but they’re good enough to take a team to the playoffs.  Not saying I would but just curious if this scenario would appeal to those that want to win now or are scared of drafting a QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a straight up trade?  No

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rookie wage scale Vs. $100 million contract. Also, who is to say those QB's exceed what the QB we would be picking? It might be a bit more tempting without the huge contracts involved, but I'd still say no.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes…you make that trade in a heartbeat.What the f are you people smoking?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take my chances with the pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll take my chances with the pick.

Over a 5000 yd passer and a SB winner?  Where do you buy your crack or do you make it yourself?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll take my chances with the pick.

Over a 5000 yd passer and a SB winner?  Where do you buy your crack or do you make it yourself?

Flacco isn't all that. Stafford, I could live with, but I'm thinking cap numbers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

id take Flacco if Marshal Yanda and Kelechi Osemele came as a package as well

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d make the trade. Our cap space isn’t an issue and we’d be getting a known commodity at QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. We need a drafted qb. No more of someone else’s garbage please.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i would rather have Stafford with Larry Warford, and Ziggy Ansah

• Anonymous

Inactive

not bad eitherI just don't like Stafford. hes not a winner. he puts up good stats but hes basically Tony Romo. he chokes a lot and throws a lot of careless INTs

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kind of a hard question. Although I believe they would have both struggled on this team and we would have not fared all that much better with them on the team this year. I think Winston might be just as good if not better than both if he stays out of trouble (a big if). And Mariotta I view as a project and a higher risk so I think he might end up worse than both.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely not! Both are severely over paid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no. They both have very hefty contracts and aren’t even that good. Would much rather have the pick and take a chance on Mariotta or Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They aren’t getting Eli anymore?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flacco – Yes, right awayStafford - No, fuck no. Lions may make the playoffs every year for the rest of his career and he will never win a SB for them. Him and Jay Cutler are not winners, although talented.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flacco - Yes, right awayStafford - No, (censored) no. Lions may make the playoffs every year for the rest of his career and he will never win a SB for them. Him and Jay Cutler are not winners, although talented.

The Lions are 10-4?  If that's not winning then what is it?

• billym

Participant

And they both come with their huge contracts?Pass.That is the beauty of drafting a franchise QB. You can pay him peanuts for the first several years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You people are effing INSANE!You absolutely take either QB over Mariota. They are proven talents! Do you not understand that? If you think for one second that Mariota is going to equal his college success in the NFL, you're the most naive people on the planet. Yes, a million times, yes for that trade. And please keep talking about winners. Right now, Kyle Orton is a winner. Jeff Hosteler was a winner. Hell, Drew Stanton and Carson Palmer are the biggest winners in the NFL at the moment. Stop with this nonsense. The only way you don't make that trade is for a prospect like Luck. If you think Mariota or Winston are even close to that guy, think again. Oh, and please tell me you have adult supervision 24/7.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flacco - Yes, right awayStafford - No, (censored) no. Lions may make the playoffs every year for the rest of his career and he will never win a SB for them. Him and Jay Cutler are not winners, although talented.

Yes, the LIONS are 10-4, not Stafford. The LIONS also have a top 3 defense in the NFL right now with a bunch of playmakers on offense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

To waste that kind of ammo for qb’s who might not play as well here is actually the insane thing.They might play worse. Just because they did well elsewhere, doesn't mean they'll play the same here.Flacco comes from a system like we had with freeman. Big throws, let the rb run, wideouts go out.Stafford would be more of a fit here, but he's not that great either. We have evans instead of Megatron, but he's already had so much sack trouble for years, that if the OL isn't improved by then, it would get him killed.Both require a lot of talent around them, and are not "true" elites. With that being said, I think its better to just let nature run it's course and draft a qb that maybe has that elite status.Because, literally, they're all a crap shoot if you bring them here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You people are effing INSANE!You absolutely take either QB over Mariota. They are proven talents! Do you not understand that? If you think for one second that Mariota is going to equal his college success in the NFL, you're the most naive people on the planet. Yes, a million times, yes for that trade. And please keep talking about winners. Right now, Kyle Orton is a winner. Jeff Hosteler was a winner. Hell, Drew Stanton and Carson Palmer are the biggest winners in the NFL at the moment. Stop with this nonsense. The only way you don't make that trade is for a prospect like Luck. If you think Mariota or Winston are even close to that guy, think again. Oh, and please tell me you have adult supervision 24/7.

You ever take any risk?I'll take the potentially higher ceiling without the team killing contract. Those dudes won't get us anywhere.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don’t often get a shot at the 1st pick. When you do, you have to make it count. If you don’t, you’re in for a lot more losing. Drafting Mariota, a type of QB that has historically performed mediocre at best in the NFL, is extremely risky. You guys want a change because your frustrated and you think this is the only way. If you have an opportunity to get a guy like Flacco or Stafford, you take it. Those players, combined with a good defense and offensive line we’ll keep you in the mix for years. Mariota, has to have a lot of things going for him AND has to be surrounded by talent to get this team anywhere near where we need to be. Mark my words, draft Mariota and we suck again next year. it’s going to happen. And, we still have to hope he pans out. Look at Jax with Bortles. Not telling what’s going to happen there but at least they “rolled the dice” right? You gonna tell me that Maybe Carr and guy like Mike Evans or OBJ wouldn’t have made them a better team?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't often get a shot at the 1st pick. When you do, you have to make it count. If you don't, you're in for a lot more losing. Drafting Mariota, a type of QB that has historically performed mediocre at best in the NFL, is extremely risky. You guys want a change because your frustrated and you think this is the only way. If you have an opportunity to get a guy like Flacco or Stafford, you take it. Those players, combined with a good defense and offensive line we'll keep you in the mix for years. Mariota, has to have a lot of things going for him AND has to be surrounded by talent to get this team anywhere near where we need to be. Mark my words, draft Mariota and we suck again next year. it's going to happen. And, we still have to hope he pans out. Look at Jax with Bortles. Not telling what's going to happen there but at least they "rolled the dice" right? You gonna tell me that Maybe Carr and guy like Mike Evans or OBJ wouldn't have made them a better team?

And... You are assuming. Just like mariota or Winston, you do NOT know. No one does.Sure. They have been OK/good of their current teams, but Stafford needs a lot of help, just like flacco. You think it's going to be the same system? Do you believe we can recreate Detroit's or the ravens offenses? ..That worked out well for mccown, right? No..they would be guesswork, just like any guy in draft. Just because they have performed well on the NFL stage with their teams, does not mean they will on ours. Not every good qb is Montana or favre like, and can go to another team and win.For cripes sake though. Stafford already gets sacked a LOT ...our line would have to be upgraded to bring him in. Same with flacco, even if he's slightly more mobile. Then, both have had the luxury of decent defenses. Can we ever have a top ten defense again? Idk that answer either.Point is, none of us know. I do know this though.. Even IF we had big manning, this offense isn't going to look as impressive as it does within his time with the colts or broncos. It just isn't. So, it stands to reason that Stafford or flacco would have their production numbers slashed as well.We have no speed threat, no OL, an aged #1 wr, no good/ great te's, a boatload of bad coaches, and a boring old system that, as long as lovie's here, will stay relatively the same. Our only threats are Evans and our rb stable.No matter who you bring in, there is definitely going to be growing pains. Might as well go with the possible potential, cheaper contract, and younger arm. If you're going to spend 100mil on a qb, or have to back up your draft day truck, it had better be for an elite qb like manning. These two aren't.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hayseed wants Jay Cutler!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a huge fan of Flacco or Stafford  , so no . Plus their contracts blow up our cap . I’m taking my chances with the High Flyin Hawaiian

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say no only plenty of levels. Not enough compensation we’d get in return. Huge contract numbers versus rookie peanuts. Knowing our luck either one playing behind this offensive line would get a season ending injury and we’d be back at square one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just to play Devils advocate, all but about 3-4 QB’s need a lot of help.  We would consider Mariota or Winston a successful pick if they turned out as good as those two.  We do have two good WRs and some potential at TE.  Running game will be much improved with a QB defenses have to respect.  Beef up the OL and we could make a playoff run immediately in this crappy division. Plus flacco has 5-6 good years left and Stafford 7-8.  Stafford was also born in Tampa. 

• ruodrik

Participant

Id take Stafford but not Flacco

• billym

Participant

Just to play Devils advocate, all but about 3-4 QB's need a lot of help.  We would consider Mariota or Winston a successful pick if they turned out as good as those two.  We do have two good WRs and some potential at TE.  Running game will be much improved with a QB defenses have to respect.  Beef up the OL and we could make a playoff run immediately in this crappy division. Plus flacco has 5-6 good years left and Stafford 7-8.  Stafford was also born in Tampa.

Your ignoring the elephant in the room. Both those cats make 99 bazillion dollars. And they sure as hell are not going to renegoiate to go to a crap ass cellar dweller.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, the LIONS are 10-4, not Stafford. The LIONS also have a top 3 defense in the NFL right now with a bunch of playmakers on offense.

So Stafford wouldn't do well with having VJax and Mike Evans? If Martin and Sims can move the rock at all, Stafford would certainly do well with those two options to throw to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Stafford wouldn't do well with having VJax and Mike Evans? If Martin and Sims can move the rock at all, Stafford would certainly do well with those two options to throw to.

Injury prone Stafford would get killed by this line and if he somehow managed to make it through the season, he'd probably lead the league in turnovers. That dude makes some awful, awful decisions and throws, especially under pressure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy crap…this thread is full of cracked out homeys.From Nov 9th..."Stafford completed 25 of 40 passes for 280 yards in today's 20-16 win over the Miami Dolphins and broke Dan Marino's record for most passing yards by a player in his first 70 career games."While it is more of a passing league...that record is no joke.  You people need help!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

not bad eitherI just don't like Stafford. hes not a winner. he puts up good stats but hes basically Tony Romo. he chokes a lot and throws a lot of careless INTs

and he force feeds Megatron. I'd pass!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

and he force feeds Megatron. I'd pass!!

We got our own young Decepticon right here.. I don't want Stafford but I wouldn't mind watching a good QB force feed him.

• Anonymous

Inactive