Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 76 reply threads

• Author

• White Tiger

Participant

Not sure how many of you are starting to “feel” it yet…and I don’t know if it’s experience gnawing at me, or just the fact that I’ve had time to watch so many YouTube videos of BSPN/Fox Sports-type talking heads predicting 12 & 14 win season and a Super Bowl for our Buccaneers – all due to the arrival of a 42 year GOAT & his oft-surgically repaired side-kick, Rob Gronkowski, (coming of his retirement hiatus) …

…but I’m beginning to come back to reality.

Carson Palmer had 10 years of experience starting in the league before he began playing for BA in Arizona – and it STILL took him 2 seasons to “get” BA”s system. That 1st year of “noriskitnobiscuit” resulted in 24 TD’s & 22 INT’s…which kinda sounds familiar. BA’s Cards were able to go 10-6 that year – and weren’t eliminated from playoff contention until week 17…but I’m thinking that after ALL of the hype the signing of THE GOAT (and his WWE side-kick) has generated, that same result won’t be seen as a positive here in Tampa.

Not by the young fans who think they’ve got it figured out, and not by the more discerning fans who have lived through multiple years of mediocrity since the blinding bright light years in which we needed sunglasses to envision our future…

No, I’m beginning to come back down off my “high” and wondering any of you are feeling the same?

If so, what do you think is an “acceptable” win/loss record – and does the post-season factor into your expectations?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, if Brady can stay healthy for both seasons we have a shot in his second year. There is nothing plug and play about Tom Brady.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I don’t think the idea is that Brady is going to put this team on his shoulders. He’s not that player. He’s a good quarterback who can lead a good team to victory, but we can’t expect him to raise up an average team on his shoulders and will them to victory.

But we have a pretty good team and we needed a Qb who isn’t going to screw it up, and that’s what we got. The defense will play a big role as to whether we win ball games. Brady isn’t going to be able to overcome a bad defense, and on the other hand if there’s a good defense then Brady doesn’t have to be playing like gangbusters to win games.

The assumption of this thread that its all up to Brady is wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What the fug is a “plug and play” quarterback you clown shoes wearing moron? You talk outta your ass so much it’s gross. Is Winston a “plug and play” quarterback? Your a few points ya shirt of being a tire retreader. Name me just one “plug and play” quarterback? Just one you dumbass. Wipe Jameis off your chin.

Agreed, if Brady can stay healthy for both seasons we have a shot in his second year. There is nothing plug and play about Tom Brady.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

1 – Parlmer’s 1st year with BA was also everyone’s first year in BA’s system. Here, only 2 potential starters are learning a new system. Brady and Gronk.

2 – Arizona had Larry Fitzgerald and then Floyd, Dray, Houseler and Mendenhall. Compared to Evans, Godwin, Brate, Gronk and Rojo. Bucs are far better in total talent.

3 – The Cardinals Oline was rated dead last in BA’s first year. Although there are concerns with Smith and Cappa, I don’t think the Oline will be close to ranked last.

4 – With the above the Cardinals still went 10-6. The Bucs? 10-6 would be nice.

So, its not exactly the same. The fact that Brady’s targets already have a year under their belts and know the system is huge. I’m sure a few of Palmer’s picks were the result of wrong routes/reads by his targets. The horrible Oline probably added a few more to the int total. And just having better overall talent probably means less forcing the ball into dangerous situations.

So no, I don’t expect Brady to have a year similar to Palmer (int wise). Besides being a much better and smarter player, Brady is in a much better overall situation.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I’m comforted by the fact that Brady’s the one who’s choosing the plays ahead of time. And I’m sure the coaches will conform to give Brady some of his plays from NE that will utilize TE’s more, considering we have Gronk, Brate, and Howard on the roster.

To this day I’m still in disbelief we have Brady. The efficiency of that guy is amazing and he’s the one going to be selecting the plays to implement.

As others have mentioned, we have the rest of the team to help. I’m hoping that S Justin Evans is fully recovered to create a tandem with rookie Winfield to offset the Bucs’ giving up 270 passing yards per game. Cappa is showing he’s working hard so maybe we might have a run game? All I’m looking for is to be more efficient from the QB position and we could have sights on a playoff spot.

Remember, they added another playoff team to the mix now. If that new rule was implemented in 2016, then the Bucs would have been a playoff team at 9-6. If Winston didn’t overthrow a wide open Vjax going into the end zone against the Rams in the latter part of the 4th quarter, then we would have been a 10-5 team.

Please wait…

• White Tiger

Participant

While I see where you’re going with the “we’re a better total team than the 2013 Cardinals”…I’ll disagree that we went and got a game manager that won’t hurt us.

That’s not what Tom Brady came here to prove, and it’s not why BA went after him.

I agree that one of the ways to win more consistently is for the Bucs to stop spotting the other team so many points up front…my point is that it’s going to take the GOAT some time to figure this system out.

and to dispel a rumor, BA’s system wasn’t new in Arizona, it got him fired in Pittsburgh.And thanks to numerous Jameis comparisons, we have ALL heard those stories about super-rookie Peyton Manning…but some must have forgotten that it was BA’s system in which he threw 26 TD’s and 28 INT’s (…huh, waddayaknow that same differential keeps popping up).

I think even Big Ben had 17 TD’s and 15 INT’s in ol BA’s 1st season…

(I can’t be the only on that finds it interesting that Tom Terrific signed a 2 year, no cut, deal…)

I will admit that BA may be inclined to adjust his offense for some things the GOAT & GRONK find more familiar…but that’s not a given..and may prolong the process.

I guess I’m just saying I think the talking heads are feeding Tompa some unrealistic expectations…at least for this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playoffs and a division title is “unrealistic”? That is what Tom brings, with a much higher chance than Winston the clown could.

While I see where you’re going with the “we’re a better total team than the 2013 Cardinals”…I’ll disagree that we went and got a game manager that won’t hurt us.

That’s not what Tom Brady came here to prove, and it’s not why BA went after him.

I agree that one of the ways to win more consistently is for the Bucs to stop spotting the other team so many points up front…my point is that it’s going to take the GOAT some time to figure this system out.

and to dispel a rumor, BA’s system wasn’t new in Arizona, it got him fired in Pittsburgh.And thanks to numerous Jameis comparisons, we have ALL heard those stories about super-rookie Peyton Manning…but some must have forgotten that it was BA’s system in which he threw 26 TD’s and 28 INT’s (…huh, waddayaknow that same differential keeps popping up).

(I can’t be the only on that finds it interesting that Tom Terrific signed a 2 year, no cut, deal…)

I will admit that BA may be inclined to adjust his offense for some things the GOAT & GRONK find more familiar…but that’s not a given..and may prolong the process.

I guess I’m just saying I think the talking heads are feeding Tompa some unrealistic expectations…at least for this year.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Playoffs are definitely a possibility. From there anything can happen. Tom won’t be the best player on the offense but he will be a smart qb and will get the ball where it needs to go on time more than I think some doubters on here believe. He’s aging yes but he’s still an effective player for us and brings a lot more to the table than just that. His leadership and respect that he will bring will be felt immediately. He’s done a lot in his career and more than most ever will. Guys will listen to him. This was a huge signing for the bucs. We might have a playoff team for the first time in ages!

Please wait…

• White Tiger

Participant

How can anyone guestimate actual performance with ANY accuracy?

If you haven’t played yet, it’s all just a guess.

YES, IF THE GOAT actually throws fewer INT’s = while throwing for at least as many TD’s..we should be in a position to win more games.

However, the strength of the division plays into it, the depth of divisional teams, and their schedules will play into it…and specifically, the Saints strength, depth and schedule performance plays into it.

An expanded playoff field will only help make it easier…

but hanging everything on a 42 year old starter playing behind a new line, with a new playbook, and 2 new receivers – without the benefit of minicamp – not to mention training camp – means it may take longer to acclimate than normal…

…more risk, with some (limited) upside = a less than sure thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this was the correct move (and I will NEVER question ridding ourselves of Jameis), I’m not bracing for impact, just sensing the first of what may be impact alerts…doesn’t mean a crash is imminent…just starting to sober-up a bit from my gleeful GOAT-roping hangover

Please wait…

• Jon Gruden

Participant

I’m very excited about this team. It does have a 2019 Browns feel to me though, I can’t help it. The hyperbole and hype are out of control. I will be thrilled if we make the playoffs and to me that will be enough in year 1.

I know Brady is a winner but the TEAM has to learn how to win. I’m hoping the Beady effect will be enough but the losing culture is firmly ingrained at this point. If we make the playoffs this year I will drink the Kool aid and truly believe this team is more than average.

When Jameis walked away he took all those baffling turnovers with him. But he also took some huge upside plays as well. My biggest concern is that if we still can’t muster a rushing attack and don’t have a true vertical attack we may stall a lot. Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Barnz1

Participant

I’m very excited about this team. It does have a 2019 Browns feel to me though, I can’t help it. The hyperbole and hype are out of control. I will be thrilled if we make the playoffs and to me that will be enough in year 1.

I know Brady is a winner but the TEAM has to learn how to win. I’m hoping the Beady effect will be enough but the losing culture is firmly ingrained at this point. If we make the playoffs this year I will drink the Kool aid and truly believe this team is more than average.

When Jameis walked away he took all those baffling turnovers with him. But he also took some huge upside plays as well. My biggest concern is that if we still can’t muster a rushing attack and don’t have a true vertical attack we may stall a lot. Time will tell.

Please wait…

I think our success and adapting as quickly as possible could come down to Arian’s stubbornness, the amount of freedom Brady has in the offense and not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Some of the concerns regarding making Tom run a very Arians offense are valid. Our personnel has changed and the system should be matched to the personnel.

In theory with Godwin, adding the biggest safety blanket over the middle over the last 10 years in Gronk, and adding one of the best slot WR’s in the draft Tyler Johnson, we should in theory be very hard to stop in those short to intermediate routes. If the slant is open Brady should be throwing it every time. I also expect more RB dump offs.

Brady should not need to worry about any perceived deep ball quota or playing a totally different style to what he is he best at.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

I expect 10-6 at a minimum. I hope it is better than that, and the schedule (which appears favorable) should help. The last 4 games are crucial for a playoff push with two of the games in a domed stadium away, two against the Falcons, and the Vikings at home. Three home games in a row against good teams late in the season is a plus. During that same span, the Saints have three games away. It should be a fascinating season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

The difference between Tampa and the Browns is Baker Mayfield (who I love), was in his second year with a first year coach that was in over his head. Brady provides experience and a steady approach that will actually be superior to any coaching staff we could have.

If Tampa fails it’s because building an all-star team by bringing in the GOAT and his trusty sidekick is not the best approach given Brady’s age and Gronk’s health issues. Tampa is getting a lot of off-season attention and that’s certainly different from years past. Covid-19 is not making any of this easier for our team.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

This team is young and built for long haul,brady and ba have a two year window, both will be gone in two years.

Bucs will draft a future QB next year,along with DL.

Long of the short,signing brady does not hurt the bucs future.

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

Please wait…

BA was the OC in Pittsburg from 07-11, in that time Ben threw 11, 15, 12, 5 and 14 Ints
      BA was the OC/HC in Indy in 2012 with a rookie QB Luck who had 18 ints
      As for Mannings Ints, especially the 28, well Manning was a rookie and BA was the QB coach. I doubt the HC and OC were deferring to BA and running his system.

So then as a new HC in Arizona, with a new QB in a new system that everyone had to learn, with a absolutely horrific Oline and and good but not nearly great veteran QB, Palmer had 22 ints.

Brady is not a rookie, the whole team is not learning a new system, the Oline, although certainly not great, is much much better than what the Cards put on the field in 2013. And yet despite all the negatives in Arizona, they still went 10-6.

So being enthusiastic for a 10-6 season and playoffs is not unrealistic.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

Anything less than 10-6 and a playoff berth would be a disappointment for me.

Please wait…

• Patsboy12

Participant

Not sure how many of you are starting to “feel” it yet…and I don’t know if it’s experience gnawing at me, or just the fact that I’ve had time to watch so many YouTube videos of BSPN/Fox Sports-type talking heads predicting 12 & 14 win season and a Super Bowl for our Buccaneers – all due to the arrival of a 42 year GOAT & his oft-surgically repaired side-kick, Rob Gronkowski, (coming of his retirement hiatus) …

Carson Palmer had 10 years of experience starting in the league before he began playing for BA in Arizona – and it STILL took him 2 seasons to “get” BA”s system. That 1st year of “noriskitnobiscuit” resulted in 24 TD’s & 22 INT’s…which kinda sounds familiar. BA’s Cards were able to go 10-6 that year – and weren’t eliminated from playoff contention until week 17…but I’m thinking that after ALL of the hype the signing of THE GOAT (and his WWE side-kick) has generated, that same result won’t be seen as a positive here in Tampa.

Not by the young fans who think they’ve got it figured out, and not by the more discerning fans who have lived through multiple years of mediocrity since the blinding bright light years in which we needed sunglasses to envision our future…

No, I’m beginning to come back down off my “high” and wondering any of you are feeling the same?

If so, what do you think is an “acceptable” win/loss record – and does the post-season factor into your expectations?

Please wait…

This is not an apples to apples comparison for two main reasons:

A) The offense Palmer ran in Cinci vs Arians offense was like going from HS, where the receivers counted the number of yards before breaking in or out, to transitioning to college. In other words, it was night and day. It’s sort of the same reason Chad Johnson could not grasp NE’s offense.

B) I’m almost certain that they will run a combination of BA’s offense and a lot of Brady’s favorite plays/concepts of the NE offense.

Besides, are we really comparing Palmer to Brady? Lol

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

I can understand a bit with people showing pause and some hesitation on being excited about this team. Weve been burned too many times. We dont say its a bucs life for nothing. I have my reservations as well. And people make good points I think about the age and learning a new offense. I get it. However, I also still feel excitement even after knowing all that. and I think thats ok too. We havent been anywhere of note for years. A long comes Tom Brady who is known as the greatest of all time. How can that not fire up a Bucs fan? Even the winston fans. Have a hard time understanding that one.

Look the season probably wont end in a super bowl but if we get back to the playoffs, which I think we have a good chance at doing, then that will excite me more than anytime I can say as a Buc fan since we last were there. Was it 07? Way too long ago. Brady brings that excitement and rightfully so.

Winston fans need to turn the page. He never took us to the playoffs. Brady has a chance to do that with a pretty stacked offense and a defense that looked to be improving its pass defense toward the end of the season. Everyone back on D and O with some upgrades. Team was at least a 9 win team without some poor qb play and with Brady who takes much better care of the football than Winston ever did gives us a chance to win some tight games we might not have won with Winston at helm. Get over it. He was replaced by the goat. At least he wasnt replaced by some player off the street or something like that. Go to your school of qbs and be happy. Let Buc fans be happy and excited about their new additions and positive vibes going into the season!

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

Don’t forget, Palmer also had two years in Oakland between his Cincy and Cards stints. And he was on pace for more than 22 ints his 1st year in Oakland if he hadn’t gotten hurt. 16 ints in 10 games. In fact, looking at Palmers whole career, his worst three years interception wise were 1-his first year with the Raiders, 2- his first year with the Bengals and 3- His first year with the Cards. Interesting pattern.

Please wait…

• buc_boi

Participant

To each their own, but don’t you try High-fiving me when we’re in the big dance, you clearly believe more in our previous Qb.

Funny how we never had these ‘types’ of threads from any of you when the rapist was our QB.

Please wait…

• White Tiger

Participant

Actually, as stated in the OP: Winston was NEVER my guy, additionally – the reason some of us weren’t around after the drafting of Kid Fameis – is because Winston fans got tired of me sharing too much truth.

I’ve never high five’d anyone on a message board, what a ridiculous concept (I mean, how would that even work…emoji’s?)

As for expectations: it appears the consensus (at least in this thread) is 10-6 and the playoff’s.

I don’t think I’m there yet, but I’m more interested in how well the GOAT & BA progress towards developing a consistently productive, on the way to becoming a potent, offense!

Great responses everyone!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, as stated in the OP: Winston was NEVER my guy, additionally – the reason some of us weren’t around after the drafting of Kid Fameis – is because Winston fans got tired of me sharing too much truth.

I’ve never high five’d anyone on a message board, what a ridiculous concept (I mean, how would that even work…emoji’s?)

As for expectations: it appears the consensus (at least in this thread) is 10-6 and the playoff’s.

I don’t think I’m there yet, but I’m more interested in how well the GOAT & BA progress towards developing a consistently productive, on the way to becoming a potent, offense!

Please wait…

That last part is the big mystery to me as well. BA’s offense needs to run the ball better than 3.7 yards per carry (28th) to really be effective. It’s not how often you run, but what you are getting per attempt that truly matters. If we don’t get more than 4.0 yards per attempt, we aren’t winning 10 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is this “we” shit? You are nothing but an idiot. Go root for the Jameis Saints clown boy.

Please wait…

That last part is the big mystery to me as well. BA’s offense needs to run the ball better than 3.7 yards per carry (28th) to really be effective. It’s not how often you run, but what you are getting per attempt that truly matters. If we don’t get more than 4.0 yards per attempt, we aren’t winning 10 games.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Please wait…

I’m going into the season believing in this team. It’s what I “feel” and not what others write or say. I know the shortcomings from last season and believe most have been addressed for this coming season. As a witness to 3-4 of the close losses last season, logic tells me this season will result in 3-4 more wins at minimum.

I’m going to enjoy this nice big meal going into the season and will not worry today if there will be a loo around later if I become ill from the meal. I “feel” like the meal was prepared fresh so I’m not worried at this point in time.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

Just two or three wins more than last year should get you in the playoffs. I don’t think a 10-6 season is being overly optimistic. Anything more would be spectacular.

If you were able to replay the season from last year, I am sure there would be at least one team whose record would be different by 2-3 games. Many times, wins or losses literally depend on which way the ball bounces! :)

Please wait…

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

It’s a favorable time to be making a run. The NFC is relatively weak. Gotta get past only SF, NO, and GB.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

I’d add SEA and DAL to your list of contending NFC teams. SEA is always a tough out, and DAL added some good players in the draft and FA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d add SEA and DAL to your list of contending NFC teams. SEA is always a tough out, and DAL added some good players in the draft and FA.

Please wait…

Dallas is further away from competing than the Panthers are. It’s a bad franchise, filled with bad people, and bad fans.

No chance the Cowboys compete in 2020. How is Mike McCarthy your hire?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GReat. Now the Cowboys are going to have a great season.

Please wait…

Dallas is further away from competing than the Panthers are. It’s a bad franchise, filled with bad people, and bad fans.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• XFactor

Participant

I buy into the Brady has something to prove talk, I think he has one of his best seasons this year. I totally get pumping the brakes from fans though, Bucs fans been burned to many times.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

Please wait…

Please wait…

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

I’m no fan of the Cowpukes. I really don’t care who’s coaching them, but at least he’s coached a team to a Super Bowl win which is a lot more than you can say for that college coach in Charlotte. You’re just a dipshit troll begging for attention. Anyone who thinks that the Panthers are closer to contending than the Cowpukes is a complete idiot. There, you got the reaction you wanted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. He is an absolute dumbass. I think he enjoys living in that realm of stupid. And he’s a wuss to boot.

I’m no fan of the Cowpukes. I really don’t care who’s coaching them, but at least he’s coached a team to a Super Bowl win which is a lot more than you can say for that college coach in Charlotte. You’re just a dipshit troll begging for attention. Anyone who thinks that the Panthers are closer to contending than the Cowpukes is a complete idiot. There, you got the reaction you wanted.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Basically what I said on first page of thread.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht isn’t concerned the arrival of quarterback Tom Brady will put too much pressure on his young roster to produce.

“I don’t have a lot of concerns on that right now,” said Licht, who had two stints with the Patriots and became GM of the Bucs in 2014. “We have a head coach [Bruce Arians] that, to be quite frank, isn’t gonna be here for the next 15, 20 years coaching the Buccaneers. So I think it was actually a perfect marriage: You’ve got two guys that have got something to prove; they want to win, they want to win now; they’ve got the same mindset.”

Arians has four years remaining on his current contract, although sources close to the 67-year-old head coach, who retired after the 2017 season before returning to coach the Bucs in 2019, believe he could be done coaching after two or three years. Brady, meanwhile, signed a two-year deal with the Bucs this offseason after 20 seasons playing for the New England Patriots.

“Getting Tom here, quite frankly, started with hiring Bruce last year,” Licht said. “I don’t know if we would be in this situation right now without Bruce Arians as our head coach. And they’re kind of living parallel lives right now; they’ve got something to prove, and they want to do it now

Please wait…

• White Tiger

Participant

We know the o-line will be the slowest to get up to speed, the new RT played in a similar system in college but will still need some time to adapt, line will need some time to adapt to a new QB, even if he is a GOAT.

All this may add more losses than what many of us are expecting (maybe 4 to 6) – it’ll definitely hold my attention.

Nice posts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We know the o-line will be the slowest to get up to speed, the new RT played in a similar system in college but will still need some time to adapt, line will need some time to adapt to a new QB, even if he is a GOAT.

All this may add more losses than what many of us are expecting (maybe 4 to 6) – it’ll definitely hold my attention.

Nice posts.

Please wait…

43.Now it looks like 44. This is a disaster.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

You’re right.

We should’ve signed the most turnover probe QB in modern NFL history to a $30M per year deal like you were campaigning for.

No disaster there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re right.

We should’ve signed the most turnover probe QB in modern NFL history to a $30M per year deal like you were campaigning for.

No disaster there.

Please wait…

Of we shouldn’t have gone all “we don’t understand the game at all as a franchise” and brought in some great history lesson and his broken down sidekick. Only in Tampa. Fucking brilliant.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Winston: 33 TDs, 30 INTs, 47 sacks, 1st in passing yards, 7 pick-6’s
      Brady: 28 TDs, 8 INTs, 27 sacks, 7th in passing yards, 1 pick-6 (14 in his 20-year career)

I dunno what peddling there is that the Bucs have downgraded at the QB position?

Bucs 1-score games: 9
      Bucs 1-score game wins: 3
      Win rate in 1-score games: 33%

Pats 1-score games: 7
      Pats 1-score game wins: 4
      Win rate in 1-score games: 57%

Ohh… btw, Is Arians better in one-score games than his predecessor?

Bucs 1-score games: 11
      Bucs 1-score game wins: 4
      Win rate in 1-score games: 36%

LoL Crazy. All that offense and bleah.

FBO Team Efficiency 2019
      Bucs

Off = 22nd
        Def = 5th
        ST = 27th

Pats

Off = 11th
        Def = 1st
        ST = 11th

Why is the Bucs’ offensive efficiency so low if they produced the most yards through the air and 2nd in TDs? But it’s surprising to see the Bucs’ defensive efficiency ranked so high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston: 33 TDs, 30 INTs, 47 sacks, 1st in passing yards, 7 pick-6’s
      Brady: 28 TDs, 8 INTs, 27 sacks, 7th in passing yards, 1 pick-6 (14 in his 20-year career)

I dunno what peddling there is that the Bucs have downgraded at the QB position?

Bucs 1-score games: 9
      Bucs 1-score game wins: 3
      Win rate in 1-score games: 33%

Pats 1-score games: 7
      Pats 1-score game wins: 4
      Win rate in 1-score games: 57%

Ohh… btw, Is Arians better in one-score games than his predecessor?

Bucs 1-score games: 11
      Bucs 1-score game wins: 4
      Win rate in 1-score games: 36%

LoL Crazy. All that offense and bleah.

FBO Team Efficiency 2019
      Bucs

Off = 22nd
        Def = 5th
        ST = 27th

Pats

Off = 11th
        Def = 1st
        ST = 11th

Why is the Bucs’ offensive efficiency so low if they produced the most yards through the air and 2nd in TDs? But it’s surprising to see the Bucs’ defensive efficiency ranked so high.

Please wait…

Translated – none of this has any bearing on whether or not we will have a season.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

You’re right.

No disaster there.

Please wait…

Of we shouldn’t have gone all “we don’t understand the game at all as a franchise” and brought in some great history lesson and his broken down sidekick. Only in Tampa. Fucking brilliant.

Please wait…

Like I said, you’re right.

We should’ve tried to win the HUGE bidding war that ensued between 31 teams for the QB that you claimed would win multiple MVP’s, playoff games, etc. “early and often”.

Man, how did we not even get in the mix with the numerous franchises that were offering top dollar for the franchise starter?!?!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re right.

No disaster there.

Please wait…

Please wait…

Like I said, you’re right.

We should’ve tried to win the HUGE bidding war that ensued between 31 teams for the QB that you claimed would win multiple MVP’s, playoff games, etc. “early and often”.

Man, how did we not even get in the mix with the numerous franchises that were offering top dollar for the franchise starter?!?!

Please wait…

Funny. You’re right, Tampa has a glorious history of making the right decision at the right time. Two decisions are at play here.

One, does the GOAT have enough left in the tank to take a team with an average OL and below average running game and pass defense, deep into the playoffs.

Two, is Jameis the best he is ever going to be at 26, 16 years younger than Tom Brady.

If Brady delivers and Winston languishes in interception hell, this was the right decision. If Winston has success somewhere and Tampa is in 8-8 or 9-7 hell, then this is a foolish decision. In either case, it’s not one a normal franchise would consider in the middle of a global pandemic.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@deflateSaintSteve wrote:

Translated – none of this has any bearing on whether or not we will have a season.

Then writes the following later in the thread:

If Brady delivers and Winston languishes in interception hell, this was the right decision. If Winston has success somewhere and Tampa is in 8-8 or 9-7 hell, then this is a foolish decision. In either case, it’s not one a normal franchise would consider in the middle of a global pandemic.

What type of hypocritical narcissistic way of schizophrenia train of thought does one have to possess to double down like this? Ohhhhhh someone who can’t refute facts. That’s right.

Ohhh… how is it a starting QB Brady vs a backup QB Winston even a comparable to start with? One starts and the other cannot even throw an INT because he’s making a living on the bench. Winston is a backup qb to a 41-year old starter.

With or without a pandemic, Winston is a backup ab to a 41-year old starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@deflateSaintSteve wrote:

Then writes the following later in the thread:

What type of hypocritical narcissistic way of schizophrenia train of thought does one have to possess to double down like this? Ohhhhhh someone who can’t refute facts. That’s right.

Ohhh… how is it a starting QB Brady vs a backup QB Winston even a comparable to start with? One starts and the other cannot even throw an INT because he’s making a living on the bench. Winston is a backup qb to a 41-year old starter.

With or without a pandemic, Winston is a backup ab to a 41-year old starter.

Please wait…

So, he’s a backup for the rest of his career there nostradamus?

Winston is never starting again? If that is the case then Tampa made the right decision and you can choke on your tickets you wont be using in 2020 because there isn’t going to be a season.

Your self misery is one to be lauded. Tampa selling out for a season in an effort to gain some marketing traction in the lexicon of NFL franchises is something only Tampa fans would fall for. Rationalize it all you want, this has a real chance of being our worst franchise decision ever.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Flat Steve, are you referring to not signing Winston or signing Brady? You seem to be mixing the two things. They already decided they weren’t bringing back Winston by the time they signed Brady. It was two separate decisions. Which do you think was worse?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flat Steve, are you referring to not signing Winston or signing Brady? You seem to be mixing the two things. They already decided they weren’t bringing back Winston by the time they signed Brady. It was two separate decisions. Which do you think was worse?

Please wait…

Two separate decisions.

Both being made while one month into a pandemic; a virus that many thought would cancel the season.

So again. Tampa’s evaluation of these decisions is less than 2 years away. Tampa’s history with these type of decisions hasn’t been great, in fact, it’s been the worst in all of sports.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

The Winston decision was made before March 3rd when they announced they were tagging Barrett and not Winston. It was only March 3rd when it was made public. The point at which they made that decision, probably some time in February, was the point at which they turned the page on Winston.

Brady was signed on March 20th, and Arians only spoke to Brady on the phone around March 16 or 18th, something like that. It came out of the blue Before that Arians had no idea Tom Brady would want to come here.

My point is that Brady did not take away Winston’s job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Winston decision was made before March 3rd when they announced they were tagging Barrett and not Winston. It was only March 3rd when it was made public. The point at which they made that decision, probably some time in February, was the point at which they turned the page on Winston.

Brady was signed on March 20th, and Arians only spoke to Brady on the phone around March 16 or 18th, something like that. It came out of the blue Before that Arians had no idea Tom Brady would want to come here.

My point is that Brady did not take away Winston’s job.

Please wait…

I never stated that Brady took away anyone’s job. I said, the decision to move on from Winston and the decision to bring in a 43 year old QB (two separate decisions), will be evaluated in short order. Also, that the decision to bring in Brady was made after we were well aware of this virus. We can pretend it’s not a big deal, but there is a strong chance that we won’t have a season.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@gottajaboo

So, who should we have signed instead of Brady?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gottajaboo

Please wait…

Dalton works well as a bridge QB. Jacoby Brissett can make the throws. I do believe Derek Carr could have been plucked.

This whole thing has been super goofy. Particularly with Covid-19 as a backdrop.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@gottajaboo wrote:

Dalton works well as a bridge QB. Jacoby Brissett can make the throws. I do believe Derek Carr could have been plucked.

This whole thing has been super goofy. Particularly with Covid-19 as a backdrop.

We would’ve needed to trade for Brissett, who also held a $21M+ cap hit.

We would’ve needed to trade for Carr, who also held a $21M+ cap hit.

So, Dalton would’ve been the most realistic option. But, he would be a bridge, as you suggested.

Brady is essentially the same thing…a bridge QB.

The biggest difference is that Brady is still playing at a high level. He’s on this team last year, and we see playoffs.

He was the best option. And, the better player of the ones you mentioned.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

Hindsight is always 20/20. None of us knew what impact Covid-19 would have on the US and sports back in mid-late March when Brady was signed. That was just when the shit was starting to hit the fan. No one knew at that time where we’d be now in mid-late June. I was confident there’d be an NFL season a few weeks ago, albeit without fans in the stadiums. Now I wonder if there will be a season at all. Things aren’t static. People are making decisions based on what they know at a point in time. A good decision today may prove to be a bad decision a few weeks from now.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

@gottajaboo wrote:

We would’ve needed to trade for Brissett, who also held a $21M+ cap hit.

We would’ve needed to trade for Carr, who also held a $21M+ cap hit.

So, Dalton would’ve been the most realistic option. But, he would be a bridge, as you suggested.

Brady is essentially the same thing…a bridge QB.

The biggest difference is that Brady is still playing at a high level. He’s on this team last year, and we see playoffs.

He was the best option. And, the better player of the ones you mentioned.

Please wait…

Yes Brissett and Dalton? Flat Steve, you gotta be kidding. You spend all your waking moments figuring out a different way to say the same exact thing, what a mistake we made signing Brady. You’ve made this point 1231 times and counting. And now you say we should have signed who? BRISSETT OR DALTON? You allegedly represent yourself as a purported Bucs fan. And you would rather go into the season with Dalton as your starting QB than Tom Brady. You seem to prefer that the season gets cancelled altogether rather than have Brady at the helm. So my question to you is this: What the hell?

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Let me choose between a 6 time super champion or a couple of guys who are on their way out on their current teams? Really hard decision here… It sounds even more ridiculous when you throw turnover stats in there. We can add age to that and I think majority of people would still pick Brady. His experience and leadership skills were worth it alone. Was a big signing to put Tampa on the global marketing scale again. Had not had that since they won the super bowl and I think they have had more press than any time including when they won the super bowl. It was a big signing imo.

I understand the argument about people being concerned with older players but this isn’t just any older player its Tom Fucking Brady. Would do that signing every time even if I knew covid 19 was gonna be as big as its been. We had to find someone new anyways. Winston had to move on. Might as well be the best who has ever played the position before…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me choose between a 6 time super champion or a couple of guys who are on their way out on their current teams? Really hard decision here… It sounds even more ridiculous when you throw turnover stats in there. We can add age to that and I think majority of people would still pick Brady. His experience and leadership skills were worth it alone. Was a big signing to put Tampa on the global marketing scale again. Had not had that since they won the super bowl and I think they have had more press than any time including when they won the super bowl. It was a big signing imo.

I understand the argument about people being concerned with older players but this isn’t just any older player its Tom Fucking Brady. Would do that signing every time even if I knew covid 19 was gonna be as big as its been. We had to find someone new anyways. Winston had to move on. Might as well be the best who has ever played the position before…

Please wait…

It’s Tom fucking Brady at 43, maybe 44. He started to show real signs of decline the last half of last seasons. That’s not debatable. I am not sure Dalton, Brissett, or Carr are on the decline.

I am not sure how when a GM/Coach/President of football operations does a fair and balanced assessment of where our franchise is today vs the end game, which should always be a Super Bowl (I presume we all agree on this), you bring in Tom Brady at 43, maybe 44, to get us over the finish line. He’s just not who he was even 2 years ago.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@gottajaboo wrote:

He started to show real signs of decline the last half of last seasons. That’s not debatable. I am not sure Dalton, Brissett, or Carr are on the decline.

You claim Brady is on the decline, but you’re not sure if Dalton is?

Forget that Brady threw for 50% more TD’s, almost 50% less TD’s, higher completion percentage, significantly higher QB rating, etc.

I am not sure how when a GM/Coach/President of football operations does a fair and balanced assessment of where our franchise is today vs the end game, which should always be a Super Bowl (I presume we all agree on this) you bring in Tom Brady at 43, maybe 44, to get us over the finish line. He’s just not who he was even 2 years ago.

You’re not sure how they assess our situation and why they came to the conclusion to sign Brady?

Wow. At least you finally admit it.

Here’s a hint.

As of right now…

Brady > Our last QB.

Kinda simple.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Please wait…

It’s Tom fucking Brady at 43, maybe 44. He started to show real signs of decline the last half of last seasons. That’s not debatable. I am not sure Dalton, Brissett, or Carr are on the decline.

I am not sure how when a GM/Coach/President of football operations does a fair and balanced assessment of where our franchise is today vs the end game, which should always be a Super Bowl (I presume we all agree on this), you bring in Tom Brady at 43, maybe 44, to get us over the finish line. He’s just not who he was even 2 years ago.

Please wait…

I’m still taking him over those guys you listed. Your are not taking into consideration the amount of leadership and experience he brings. He brings his best every day. I don’t expect Brady from his best days or even a few years ago, or even expect him to be our best player but I do expect a good player who will bring a lot to the table for this team. A good match with the players and coaches that are on this team.

I also see him as less risky than those other guys. TB has been around a long time and expect him to be able to pick up this offense in these conditions better than any of those guys you listed. Give me the guy who has been in the toughest positions and came through time and time again. Versus guys who are on the way out on their current teams? Yes even at their current ages…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gottajaboo wrote:

He started to show real signs of decline the last half of last seasons. That’s not debatable. I am not sure Dalton, Brissett, or Carr are on the decline.

You claim Brady is on the decline, but you’re not sure if Dalton is?

Forget that Brady threw for 50% more TD’s, almost 50% less TD’s, higher completion percentage, significantly higher QB rating, etc.

I am not sure how when a GM/Coach/President of football operations does a fair and balanced assessment of where our franchise is today vs the end game, which should always be a Super Bowl (I presume we all agree on this) you bring in Tom Brady at 43, maybe 44, to get us over the finish line. He’s just not who he was even 2 years ago.

You’re not sure how they assess our situation and why they came to the conclusion to sign Brady?

Wow. At least you finally admit it.

Here’s a hint.

As of right now…

Brady > Our last QB.

Kinda simple.

Please wait…

Identical QBR last season. One was 26, one was 42.

Please wait…

• buccnation

Participant

Brady had a 80.4 pff rating vs Winston’s 68. Also, Brady won 5 more games last year.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Flat Steve, if you had any credibility (big IF), you just lost it by pretending to actually think that these borderline quarterbacks are better than Brady. So now you have no credibilty left.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flat Steve, if you had any credibility (big IF), you just lost it by pretending to actually think that these borderline quarterbacks are better than Brady. So now you have no credibilty left.

Please wait…

Brady’s history isn’t coming with him, his age is. Please try to understand the biological development of age as you make your comments. So you think Favre, who also had a better career than Dalton, Brissett, or Carr, is a better option for Tampa as well? Because that is the same logic you are using.

I have always understood the Brady move from a marketing standpoint, from a football standpoint, its a much bigger risk. Again, that’s not debatable.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@10lbbass wrote:

Sounds more damning for the 26 year old who couldn’t outplay an old guy past his prime (as you’ve claimed).

And, no, they’re not identical. The 42-year-old didn’t gift opponents a touchdown per game due to interceptions/fumbles.

So you think Favre, who also had a better career than Dalton, Brissett, or Carr, is a better option for Tampa as well?

This is the 2nd time you’ve used this intellectually dishonest comparison of a retired player who is YEARS removed from the game as a comparison to Brady, as if there’s any relevant equivalence. First Manning, now Favre.

Guess it’s all you have…which equates to nothing.

Way to double down on waving the white flag.

You clearly thought signing JW to a long-term, $30M+ (check yo sheet) per year deal was a better move than signing Brady as a short term bridge.

Just own it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@10lbbass wrote:

Sounds more damning for the 26 year old who couldn’t outplay an old guy past his prime (as you’ve claimed).

And, no, they’re not identical. The 42-year-old didn’t gift opponents a touchdown per game due to interceptions/fumbles.

So you think Favre, who also had a better career than Dalton, Brissett, or Carr, is a better option for Tampa as well?

This is the 2nd time you’ve used this intellectually dishonest comparison of a retired player who is YEARS removed from the game as a comparison to Brady, as if there’s any relevant equivalence. First Manning, now Favre.

Guess it’s all you have…which equates to nothing.

Way to double down on waving the white flag.

You clearly thought signing JW to a long-term, $30M+ (check yo sheet) per year deal was a better move than signing Brady as a short term bridge.

Just own it.

Please wait…

So comparing Brady’s abilities at 43 to those 10 years or more younger is be intellectually honest? Brady is on the decline guy, you had nothing to do with it, so don’t personalize it.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@rodtoastjones

So comparing Brady’s abilities at 43 to those 10 years or more younger is be intellectually honest? Brady is on the decline guy, you had nothing to do with it, so don’t personalize it.

No. Comparing him to 2 different players, who have a combined 15 years of retirement, is intellectually dishonest. And, that’s what you did.

And, as I pointed out earlier, you claiming that Brady is definitely on the decline, but Dalton isn’t (despite stats to the contrary); further proves your agenda.

And, with the numerous screen name changes and anti-Brady campaign you’re on…sounds like you’re the one taking it personal.

Just don’t understand why you continue to dance around the disdain of not re-signing JW and just own it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@rodtoastjones

No. Comparing him to 2 different players, who have a combined 15 years of retirement, is intellectually dishonest. And, that’s what you did.

And, as I pointed out earlier, you claiming that Brady is definitely on the decline, but Dalton isn’t (despite stats to the contrary); further proves your agenda.

And, with the numerous screen name changes and anti-Brady campaign you’re on…sounds like you’re the one taking it personal.

Just don’t understand why you continue to dance around the disdain of not re-signing JW and just own it.

Please wait…

You as much as anyone on here know what we did was a bad idea and a horrible risk. I know you don’t care for me too much but, at least honor your football intellect by acknowledging that the potential for disaster with this move is pretty significant.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@americasquarterback wrote:

You as much as anyone on here know what we did was a bad idea and a horrible risk. I know you don’t care for me too much but, at least honor your football intellect by acknowledging that the potential for disaster with this move is pretty significant.

Stop taking things personal. I don’t dislike you. I dislike your continued fabrication of things to fit your narrative. Big difference.

Back to topic…

Your disdain for the Brady signing has everything to do with your sadness of the departure of Winston. Though you won’t admit it, we all know it. It’s okay. Don’t take it personal. You had nothing to do with it.

All of that being said, Brady carries as much risk as re-signing Winston.

Licht’s record as a GM speaks for itself. He’s a failure.

One more season without a playoff appearance would be the end for his tenure. Even the incompetent ownership would have to be done with him at that point.

Licht pushed all the chips in the middle. Brady is an upgrade over Winston. And, this team is in a better position with Tom at the helm.

We were going to be looking at a QB in the next few years anyways.

Would rather have Brady as the bridge versus the alternative.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

So Flat Steve, a trollbot named Morgan promised to go away for a year if the Bucs signed Brady, and he was true to his word (unless he changed to a different name). Since you came to this board specifically for the purpose of warning us about Brady, …

Will you promise to go away if Brady leads us to clinch a playoff spot, something Winston could never do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Flat Steve, a trollbot named Morgan promised to go away for a year if the Bucs signed Brady, and he was true to his word (unless he changed to a different name). Since you came to this board specifically for the purpose of warning us about Brady, …

Will you promise to go away if Brady leads us to clinch a playoff spot, something Winston could never do?

Please wait…

Nah, if Brady plays one real snap for Tampa, I will double up my posts on here.

Please wait…

• White Tiger

Participant

@gottajaboo

Please wait…

Please wait…

I’ve been observing some of this conversation, but I had to jump in because…if we’re looking for a “bridge” QB…tell me who we’re buying time to develop?

Fameis, flamed out (it’s a fact that’s been proven by the reality that he’s a back-up after completing his rookie contract).

There is no QB on (within reach of the Bucs) over the next year or two on the radar with “sure thing” written all over him.

Again, that’s just a fact.

Brady is not a bridge – if we get 75% of what a noodle armed Peyton Manning gave Denver for two seasons…this franchise will have been stabilized & the decision to bring him in will have been a foregone conclusion.

My intent was to raise awareness that Brady is advancing in age, so the physical attributes have already begun to fade, but his decision-making and ability to get passes out quickly (to the guys in the same color jersey), is SUCH an upgrade it cannot even be measured.

My warning was to temper enthusiasm, to get us to reflect on reality and confront unrealistic expectations…not throw the GOAT out with the bathwater,,,

10-6 seems reasonable, for me. I won’t be surprised though if we have a slow start, because the line is new and we know that these guys are the last phase to catch-up, physically…and that’s with a normal training camp/pre-season. Adding a new guy on the right side of an immobile QB, introduces instability.

But to expect that Brady is going to be BAD, or MEDIOCRE? I don’t think that’s reasonable.

Brady did more last season, with less, than anyone expected. He will have something to prove, on a team that is LOADED with offensive talent he hasn’t seen assembled for HIS purposes… in years. The ONLY weakness, if it is one, is the play of an unfamiliar o-line. He’s always shown leadership on the field, so I don’t expect THAT to go on for long.

The Goat will be bringing home some hardware in the next couple of seasons…bank on it.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

I am not football professional, but I have played the game at low level, and have watched it my whole life. I started watching the last 7 NE games to see if Brady has declined. I just got done watching NE at Philadelphia. I saw no Brady decline in that game.

I saw 3 drops by his receivers, and you could say 1 more from Edelman on a long pass that was deflected into his hands. There looked to be 4 passes thrown away by Brady. I also saw Brady often looking at his receivers at intermediate and deep routes, but he had to settle for a checkdown. Passing was made more difficult either because Philadelphia’s defense played well, or NE’s receivers just did not get open. Brady had time to throw at times, but no one was open. He threw several long passes, 1 was maybe underthrown, but could have been caught, and two others were overthrown.

This was a very important game for Philadelphia at home. NE scored 17 unanswered points. They did what they had to do.

OK, game 1 of 7: I see no decline.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

I am not football professional, but I have played the game at low level, and have watched it my whole life. I started watching the last 7 NE games to see if Brady has declined. I just got done watching NE at Philadelphia. I saw no Brady decline in that game.

I saw 3 drops by his receivers, and you could say 1 more from Edelman on a long pass that was deflected into his hands. There looked to be 4 passes thrown away by Brady. I also saw Brady often looking at his receivers at intermediate and deep routes, but he had to settle for a checkdown. Passing was made more difficult either because Philadelphia’s defense played well, or NE’s receivers just did not get open. Brady had time to throw at times, but no one was open. He threw several long passes, 1 was maybe underthrown, but could have been caught, and two others were overthrown.

This was a very important game for Philadelphia at home. NE scored 17 unanswered points. They did what they had to do.

OK, game 1 of 7: I see no decline.

Please wait…

Nice keep em coming!

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Where is Flat Steve? I’m getting worried about him. I know its tough for homeless people to get access to a computer, but he usually manages. And now comes an article that the preseason will be cut in half. Its just the opportunity Flat Steve salivates for, and I know he has a drooling problem anyway but you know what I mean. Flat Steve! Where are you????

Please wait…

• Darktanian

Participant

TBxTB=SB

Do the math!

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

I reviewed game 2 of the Patriots final 7 games of the 2019 season. This was a big game against the 6-4 Cowboys. It was raining during the game, sometimes heavily, and the strong wind was a big factor. Both teams attempted to establish a running game.

Interestingly, during the game, the commentator mentioned the serious problems NE was having with receivers. Brady again had no interceptions, and he threw 1 T.D. pass. I saw 5 or so drops by receivers (one was a beautiful long pass that looked like it was coming out before the hit), and 2-3 passes thrown away. 2 passes were significantly off the mark. I saw Brady throwing into some tight windows, but he made good decisions, and the problems with the receivers continued.

Game 2 of 7: I still see no decline.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

The next game I reviewed was New England at Houston. This was the third tough team in a row that New England played, and 2 of the last 3 on the road. The Patriots as a team did not play that well as a team.

As for Brady, he had some pressure, and receivers were not getting open consistently, resulting in around 7 throw aways. He had his first interception during this 7 game review. I also noticed around 3 drops by his receivers, and at least twice, there seemed to be a miscommunication with his receivers. I sense Brady not having full confidence in his receivers.

Houston led 21-3 within the last minute of the 3rd quarter, and 28-9 within the final 10 minutes of the game. Brady threw two TDs to bring the game to 28-22. The Patriots then almost got the onside kick. Their player tried to grab the ball or at least bat it down to himself, but it was a little too high, and he lost it out of bounds.

Game 3 of 7: I still see no decline.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brady is in trouble.

Please wait…

Viewing 76 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.