Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Soul Bro

Participant

I’m curious of the board’s thoughts. Who would you rather see start opposite of Evans: Jackson or Godwin?

Please wait…

• idliketoproposeatoast

Participant

i’d like to see godwin get some run, the dude looks like he’s going to be a stud

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 3WR sets, DJax should move to the slot… Godwin is a better outside receiver. I still think that DJax plays in the 2WR sets.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

Godwin for me. Winston is better at throwing to these receivers that fight for the ball, are big targets, and win jump balls. Djax blazing speed packed into his slender 6′ frame seems to be tricky for Winston to predict and get the timing right. He doesnt have to be as accurate downfield with the other two guys, but I also think its easier for him to be accurate with them.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Godwin.

In regard to the deep ball, Winston couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. And, he has a difficult time leading receivers in their routes, as he consistently throws a ball that requires a receiver to adjust versus catching in stride.

Godwin has deceptive speed (not a burner like DJax) and is a bigger target. Which is why I love the resigning of Brate.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

I’d rather play Godwin on the outside and move DJax to the inside. The real question should be who would you rather have in the slot, DJax or Hump?

I think we misused Desean based on a long ball threat, whereas his run after the catch ability is also amazing, but in retrospect who was going to start opposite of Evans at the time?

Now that we know Godwin can be a monster on the outside and that wouldn’t deflect DJax’ ability to still stretch the field or run after the catch, what should we now do?

IMO, giving Hump a 2nd tender is the best approach. The Pats will likely scoop him up and we will receive their second round pick in return (basically another 3rd round pick). The logjam at receiver is obvious and trading DJax isn’t going to happen, teams would rather just wait for us to release the aging veteran. As much As I love Hump, we can find another slot receiver. Remember we found him as a UFA.

Let’s try to think from the roster and business side between now and the draft and it will save us all a lot of heartache.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

trade Jackson. Godwin makes him expendable.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Jackson did everything right on the field despite the struggles last year. Godwin has the potential to be a better all around player though, even considering Jackson’s fantastic career. I’d take Godwin, but Jackson isn’t going anywhere this year. If we can just straighten out our O-Line and backfield, we’ll have an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions that can shine through.

Please wait…

• Condor Bastadon

Participant

Godwin should be on the field a lot more than last year, but there should be packages for both. Koetter has a lot of toys at his disposal.

I’m glad to see others talking about D-Jax in the slot. He played that position a lot in Philly in Washington, and he’s good at it. He did some with us as well(especially when Fitzpatrick started) and he made some plays as well. He and Humphries could split reps there, with D-Jax still getting time on the outside.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Godwin is the better fit outside because he is way better blocker but D Jack separates better and a better route runner at this point. Godwin on running downs and Jackson when we’re passing. All jokes aside, keep DJAX as the #2 and when Godwin comes on the field move D Jack inside. Humphries needs role is safe at #4.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

I ask the question because we have a very large chunk of money tied up in our receiving core in Evans, Jackson and now Brate (who I consider more of a receiver). Plus, I believe Godwin better fits our QB and system than Jackson. Thus, if we could trade Jackson for a pick or decent lineman, I’d sure look to do it.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Guys get hurt. Depth is important. The games aren’t played on paper. Good problem to have.

Please wait…

• Vance

Participant

Godwin, I don’t think Jackson fits. Winston can’t get him the ball and at this pony I’m Jackson’s career he is a one trick pony. I think most of us will see a big time improvement in OJ Howard this year.

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Godwin easy trade Jackson recoup something for that one trick pony

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Graham
      Mar 12, 18 at 4:06 pm #1066982
      Guys get hurt. Depth is important. The games aren’t played on paper. Good problem to have.

/thread. Didn’t take long for this to come up. And spare me with the we have too much money tied up at bs…cap number goes up every year. Trade Jackson then what happens if Evans or Godwin or both get hurt??? We screwed that’s what

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

@Nodoby showed all year that Jackson was getting open and doing much more than just going deep.

DJAX is NOT the problem. He and Jameis will get on the same page in 2018.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Jackson would have had 1,000+ yards and 8+ TD’s if the QB could hit him in stride.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

We should sign even more wr’s. The more money you invest in wr’s, the better team you have!

Oh… wait.. never mind. As it turns out, you can’t really play 4 wr’s and 2 te’s at the same time. Maybe DJax can play left guard, or CB, or DE, or Safety, or RB, or PK, or NT?

It is “A Good Problem To Have” to have too much cap-space tied up in the same position.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

https://youtu.be/Tw99J2REjDo

When healthy this is where Winston’s accuracy is.

Godwin is the choice.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

^^^

Lol.

Didn’t take long for Nick Wright to start the dick riding.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Biggs3535

Mar 12, 18 at 4:38 pm #1066999
      Jackson would have had 1,000+ yards and 8+ TD’s if the QB could hit him in stride.

/thread

In all seriousness though, @graham hit it on the head. Depth.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Yeah, he was almost as quick as you in not recognizing the difference between lame and healthy. It’s weird…

There were roughly 19,500 pass attempts last season. Not one regular season throw was as nails as this.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

So for all saying you like all of our receivers and tight ends for depth, what depth or investment do we have in our defensive line? Do you not see the crazy financial imbalance between these two position groups? Is that a winning formula?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jackson in the slot. Hump on the sideline or as a 4th.

I pray the Pats sign him (Hump)

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

So for all saying you like all of our receivers and tight ends for depth, what depth or investment do we have in our defensive line?

Aside from McCoy, Gholston, and possibly Spence…none. Should we not resign the talent at WR/TE that we have…that’s producing?

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

@DonkeyHunter
      I like re-signing Evans, Brate and Hump. What I don’t understand is having 10 million also wrapped up in Jackson. Having so much money wrapped up in one position group is a misuse of capital, in my opinion. I’d hope we’d be working the phones to trade Jackson to better balance out our roster or free up money to sign a stud offensive lineman, defensive lineman or corner.

Please wait…

• 4halfabuc

Participant

Trade Djax. Sign Richardson at much lower rate.

Please wait…

• yuccaneers

Participant

Well the good news is if Jackson in not in the Bucs plans for 2018 its a week free agency and draft class at the position. And if the Bucs were to trade him they clear $11.0 million with no dead cap ramifications and his new team get a receiver for $21.0 million over two years for an APY of $10.5 million and the Bucs if Licht is shrewd enough could get a third rounder and day three pick and potentially a second rounder if he can get multiple teams bidding.

Please wait…

• SaskBucs

Participant

Agree with those saying Godwin outside and DJax inside. The Bucs offensive weapons and the money they are making are not an issue right now. Koetters playcalling is, but hopefully when the interior line and RB position is upgraded in the next 6 weeks, Dirk becomes more effective and everyone eats!

15 mins on the boards and I am sick of you Casren… lots of additions to come, the Bucs have lots of cap room and by all accounts a smart man managing that money, yes a higher percentage of the cap should be used on the D-line… but help is likely coming. You wanna rag on Licht for not investing in that D line for past drafts… I won’t argue with you but that is a different thread pal that was opened months ago. We are where we are and Licht still has the keys so let’s stay optimistic that the moves made this offseason work out.

Brate and DJax making 18 million aren’t hurting anything right now and down the road if they are then they will be let go and at least Licht has drafted OJ and Godwin to fill those voids. I am ok with trading DJax if a team was giving up a 2nd or 3rd and his money was being used on the D side, but then a draft pick has to be used on a WR to keep the depth others have shrewdly mentioned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are you ludicrous clowns trying to run DJax out of Tampa?

Fools.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

To follow up on my posts above seeking more balance in what we pay our defensive line compared to our receiving core, anyone know how much Philly pays its starting DTs? Cox and Jernigan make a combined 28 million. That’s money well spent and the kind of balance the Bucs need to find.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

Seriously, in the “Hump” thread someone asked who would catch all those screens Koetter dials up if some other team takes Hump away from us…the obvious answer is DJax. Unless he has slowed downed tremendously, his ability to take a screen 10-30 yards is still there. That’s the guy I want catching screens and making people miss and scoring TDs.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.