Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

D Day

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

Remembering those whose lives were lost on this date. My father was 18 years old on this day and in the army. But, they kept him state side since his older (and only) brother was a pow. He was eventually rescued by Patton. I thank God for that and the bravery of these young men.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

VirgilCaine
    Participant

Amen

I went to the American Cemetery at Normandy on 9/12/2001. Even with heavy rain, there were locals there waiting to have flowers to Americans and express sympathy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    fanofkit
    Participant

Thanks so much for starting this thread. The idea that events as pivotal in human and American history can be so easily forgotten saddens me. It’s easy to ignore how delicate the balance of liberty is and how thin the margin of error for good to triumph can be.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

Thanks so much for starting this thread. The idea that events as pivotal in human and American history can be so easily forgotten saddens me. It’s easy to ignore how delicate the balance of liberty is and how thin the margin of error for good to triumph can be.

Hear, hear!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.