Dalton on trade block

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    TCB2W!
    Participant

Per Ian Rapoport, Cincinnati stated they are looking for a trade partner for Dalton, but they will not trade him to a team he doesn’t want to go to. Sounds like those rumors that Cincinnati was listening to trade offers for the #1 pick fell short of what it would take. Seems 100% Burrow now, and the questions are what they looking for in a trade, and would be effective in this system. He would certainly be a cheap placeholder for a rookie QB since he will only be 17+ million against the cap. We could sign most of our defensive front and extend Godwin at that price.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

BuccaNOLEer
    Participant

Then instead of 30 picks, you could see 60 sacks behind that line.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bootz04
    Blocked

Any idiot foolish enough to trade for Andy Dalton will get exactly what they deserve.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TCB2W!
    Participant

So Cincinnati’s offensive line is so good Dalton had 10 less sacks than Winston. Also anyone who wouldn’t rather take a sack over a turnover or worse pick 6 is an idiot. Dalton has run for more yards than Winston every year: 598 for Dalton and 248 for Winston the last 5 years. Any other BS reason you want to make?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

Starting to sounds like Cincinnati runs a more “modern“ offense than ours.

Everybody knows BA prevented Jameis from scrambling, damn his relic offensive schemes./blue font

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Joey
    Participant

really sucks that Winston has put the bucs FO in a situation where signing him long term is such a risk and releasing him is such a risk.  dude had 5 years to make that much clearer than he did.  instead he is like F you.  you can all lose sleep over it.  I don’t give a rats ass

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBChucky
    Participant

I’d give them our original 4th, considering we have a comp 4th.. Let Bruce try to work his magic..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Live4BUCS
    Participant

really sucks that Winston has put the bucs FO in a situation where signing him long term is such a risk and releasing him is such a risk. dude had 5 years to make that much clearer than he did. instead he is like F you. you can all lose sleep over it. I don’t give a rats ass

It also sucks he waited until his Bucs contract was over before he decided to finally have Lasik. It would have been nice if he had done it at least this past offseason – before his contract year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Greattimes
    Participant

Brad Johnson.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think his ‘value’ in trade is somewhere around a 4-5th round pick. Hard to justify more, but someone will be willing to trade for him rather than let him hit the open market. Would imagine he’d get more than the 17m he’s slated to make if he was a FA so the draft pick helps keep the price down and gives you a try before you buy year with him.

I’d rather blow my wad to go out and get Stafford, but Dalton would be acceptable if the Winston price is too high. I’d rather pay Dalton 17m than Winston 27-30m. That extra 10m gives us flexibility to sign/extend our defensive players and maybe go out and get a new RT.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Dalton is a solid bridge QB that i think is a realistic option. Brady probably isnt a realistic option, and Dalton > Rivers imo. He’s underrated, he has the goods to get us in the playoffs next season, and he offers us great flexibility. 17mil for 2020 is a good savings for us and then hes a UFA in 2021 so we could move on and clear cap going with either our second year QB that we would presumably draft this year, or go for a 2021 rookie. If he’s rocking then we could give him an extension. Something I think a lot our fans don’t realize is Dalton has the balls to ignore the checkdown and go for the big play (like Winston). If you dont want that and youd rather see our QB take what the defense gives us then theres an easy blueprint for that, sign Rivers and draft Eason. A current issue with that route though is we lack the checkdown options right now and we dont have a run game.

Also one more thing on Dalton, I think he may be better than Winston at processing things post snap. I think Winston was making good pre-snap reads but then getting in trouble when things didnt go the way he was reading pre snap.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

waiting for Carr to be on the trade block 🤞

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    kenntak
    Participant

I wish Winston would succeed, but at this point, I would rather have Carr or Stafford.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Eason will go much higher than he should, based on big arm..but not much of a  athlete, folds like a cheap suit under pressure ,does not have ability to improvise.

Sign rivers 2 year deal,that is all he wants,draft love sit him for a year .

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Greattimes
    Participant

Eason will go much higher than he should, based on big arm..but not much of a athlete, folds like a cheap suit under pressure ,does not have ability to improvise.

Sign rivers 2 year deal,that is all he wants,draft love sit him for a year .

Did you remember to send Love a Valentines Day card?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.