Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 35 reply threads

• Author

• aquilus

Participant

A lot could be said about Byron or Todd taking over when Bruce decides he has had enough…but keep a VERY close eye on Gainesville

Seems like Mullen and Arians have been talking a lot I would not be shocked if Dan Mullen gets the job when Arians leaves

Frankly I think Dan would be a major get…he is IMO a better all around coach than Urban Meyer was.

I think there will be a ton of smoke around this at the end of 2021 early 2022

• Pennywise

Participant

Lefty will be the HC , unless he gets hired elsewhere this off season
      Heck Bucs go deep in playoffs , and Bowles and Lefty could be HC elsewhere, that would be 4 3rd rd picks

I think their scouting department gets raided too , Greenberg will get GM offer somewhere

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Good thing arians won’t be picking the next head coach then. It will be Bowles or lefty… if they’re here, bank it

• Runole

Participant

I am for Bowles 100%

• TBChucky

Participant

I’d be down to give him a chance.. We’re going to lose him otherwise..

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

A lot could be said about Byron or Todd taking over when Bruce decides he has had enough…but keep a VERY close eye on Gainesville

Seems like Mullen and Arians have been talking a lot I would not be shocked if Dan Mullen gets the job when Arians leaves

Frankly I think Dan would be a major get…he is IMO a better all around coach than Urban Meyer was.

I don’t think so. The college game is vastly different from the NFL in the way it’s run. There’s a reason why Nick Saban is a legend in college but couldn’t hack it in the NFL.

Only three guys have won an NCAA National Championship and a Super Bowl as a head coach. Can you name them without looking at Google?

• BucsSavant

Participant

I don’t think so. The college game is vastly different from the NFL in the way it’s run. There’s a reason why Nick Saban is a legend in college but couldn’t hack it in the NFL.

Only three guys have won an NCAA National Championship and a Super Bowl as a head coach. Can you name them without looking at Google?

Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Pete Carroll

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Very good. And not a single one of those three men ran a clean program in college. That is some club they are in now.

• aquilus

Participant

Most HBC started with College Ball

Arians coached NCAA and so did the great Bill Walsh

The fact that Mullen is a college coach should have no bearing

Mullen has a great offensive mind and can develop quarterbacks.

Something is telling me the Trask selection has more to do with this team than a rookie QB to develop

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, Mullen would be a bad decision. Imagine having Pitts and Toney and not competing. Weird…

• Charles

Participant

goog god no..he sucks

• Roy

Participant

A college coach doesn’t work with a veteran team. You can bring in a college coach if you are bringing in a new system and new players and starting from scratch. Lets hope we aren’t in that situation one year from now.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dislike that idea a lot. Almost as much as I dislike the idea of Byron being the next HC. Not sure why people are so enamored with Byron. That was Brady’s offense that was working, not his.

• theknees

Participant

Dislike that idea a lot. Almost as much as I dislike the idea of Byron being the next HC. Not sure why people are so enamored with Byron. That was Brady’s offense that was working, not his.

100 percent true. Romo was the first one to point it out. We ran Brady’s offense from McDaniels, down the stretch, and that is why our offense looked so much better. It’s weird…

• seekpar

Participant

This has got to be one of the most inane threads I’ve ever seen here.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

100 percent true. Romo was the first one to point it out. We ran Brady’s offense from McDaniels, down the stretch, and that is why our offense looked so much better. It’s weird…

Which is why if the Bucs had faltered this past season, I would’ve been all for firing Arians and bringing in McDaniels.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

There were wrinkles in the offense for sure, but it was still very much Arians’ offense.

• BucsSavant

Participant

There were wrinkles in the offense for sure, but it was still very much Arians’ offense.

Indeed, a hybrid at best….the whole “ran Brady’s offense” take is unsophisticated at best, and frequently parroted by all the talking heads. Lots of pre snap motion and check down routes added, but still very much risk for the biscuit.

• Runole

Participant

Indeed, a hybrid at best….the whole “ran Brady’s offense” take is unsophisticated at best, and frequently parroted by all the talking heads. Lots of pre snap motion and check down routes added, but still very much risk for the biscuit.

The Brady effect is in his ability to identify immediately by his recognition on what receiver will be open on any particular play. Brady imo is OC AT QB. There is no one better at reading a defense.

• Boid Fink

Participant

If they continue to just run their offense, this team goes 8-8. No playoffs. Brady changed this offense and how it runs quite a damn bit. And without his input, this offense would be broken.

• BucsSavant

Participant

If they continue to just run their offense, this team goes 8-8. No playoffs. Brady changed this offense and how it runs quite a damn bit. And without his input, this offense would be broken.

Nice to see you take enough time off whining about a 2nd round pick to get something else wrong

• Boid Fink

Participant

Prove it. Nice to see you are still emotionally attached to me as a result of Kyle, your groin crush. With no Brady inputting to the offense, this team suck with Byrons playbook of deep crosses, slants, and 9’s, the no riscuit, no super bowl offense.

Nice to see you take enough time off whining about a 2nd round pick to get something else wrong

• BucsSavant

Participant

Prove it. Nice to see you are still emotionally attached to me as a result of Kyle, your groin crush. With no Brady inputting to the offense, this team suck with Byrons playbook of deep crosses, slants, and 9’s, the no riscuit, no super bowl offense.

They certainly added wrinkles and tailored the offense more to Brady’s strength, but to say it was “Brady’s offense” is almost as smooth brained as the “bRaDy iS tHE GM” take that is so frequently echoed. As I said, a hybrid.

• Boid Fink

Participant

That’ll do pig. That’ll do…

• harrybucman

Participant

<br />
      According to an article on PFT via Joebucsfan: Brady said he struggled to Learn Bruce’s playbook and didn’t even fully grasp it until the later part of the year. That whole ” That was Brady’s offense that was working” sh–t is pure ignorance.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Exactly.

• Boid Fink

Participant

It was clearly changed and working. I watched every game and we all saw it. Brady threw a lot of wrinkles and quick dumps that looked vintage Foxboro, no new wrinkles involved in a lot of the sequencing.

<br />
      According to an article on PFT via Joebucsfan: Brady said he struggled to Learn Bruce’s playbook and didn’t even fully grasp it until the later part of the year. That whole ” That was Brady’s offense that was working” sh–t is pure ignorance.

• Schwifty9

Participant

• harrybucman

Participant

It was clearly changed and working. I watched every game and we all saw it. Brady threw a lot of wrinkles and quick dumps that looked vintage Foxboro, no new wrinkles involved in a lot of the sequencing.

<br />

Every competent offensive staff makes adjustments to complement the talent they have. You can try to walk it back if you want. But to claim “That was Brady’s offense” is still pure ignorant and an insult to Bruce and Byron.

• Boid Fink

Participant

They would not have won a title if Brady didn’t intervene. Simple as that. What’s so hard to figure out here? Jesus…

<br />

Every competent offensive staff makes adjustments to complement the talent they have. You can try to walk it back if you want. But to claim “That was Brady’s offense” is still pure ignorant and an insult to Bruce and Byron.

• harrybucman

Participant

They would not have won a title if Brady didn’t intervene. Simple as that. What’s so hard to figure out here? Jesus…

<br />

What isn’t to hard to figure out is that you’re just a dumb ass. You base this great intervention revelation on what facts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You if all people calling people out? You are one of the dumber MFs o. This jars and it is widely known.

<br />

What isn’t to hard to figure out is that you’re just a dumb ass. You base this great intervention revelation on what facts.

• harrybucman

Participant

You if all people calling people out? You are one of the dumber MFs o. This jars and it is widely known.

<br />

<br />

Ok prove that you’re not a dumbass. Just answer the simple question above. You base this great intervention revelation on what facts? It’s one thing to be a dumbass, but to be arrogant about your dumbness is just shameful. You were dead dead wrong about that Brady’s offense BS– the PFT article proves it–just be man enough to admit it and stop trying to deflect. Then go read what the others say about you in the “Even the Goat”. DUMBASS!!!!

• harrybucman

Participant

If you would pull your head out of Brady’s ass maybe you could see that the outcome of the SB was determined before kickoff. Both of KC’s starting tackles were out. There was no way they were going to beat us if they couldn’t block our vicious defense. Hell, we really only had to score 10 points. That’s a fact Jackass.

• aquilus

Participant

harrybucman wrote:If you would pull your head out of Brady’s ass maybe you could see that the outcome of the SB was determined before kickoff. Both of KC’s starting tackles were out. There was no way they were going to beat us if they couldn’t block our vicious defense. Hell, we really only had to score 10 points. That’s a fact Jackass.

Hate to chime in on my thread…but we also had some injuries on the OL
      No you are right the game WAS over before it started for TWO reasons
      1) The Bucs were not going to lose a home Superbowl…PERIOD
      2) K.C. were already getting the bubbly on ice and had the trophy case ready…they didnt take Tampa seriously. Just listen to them pre game…they thought this was going to be easy

K.C. beat themselves for the most part…Tampa just pushed them off the cliff

• This reply was modified 6 days ago by aquilus.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Correct.

Very good. And not a single one of those three men ran a clean program in college. That is some club they are in now.

• theknees

Participant

I will say this. Mullen hates Gainesville. Like despises it. So, it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up leaving soon. However, he probably wouldn’t come to Tampa.

• obuc

Participant

There is a big difference between coaching players you recruit and coaching players you draft. Imagine in the NFL draft, instead of 1 guy in each of 7 rounds, you got to draft 2 out of the first round, 3 out of the second and 2 out of the 3rd. That would be the Gator team. That’s a big advantage.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Brady tweaked the offense and as a result it didnt suck.
      Leftys offense sucked.
      Head coach?
      Terrible idea.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Natural Selection

Participant

How and when did Brady tweak the offense? What changed about it to go from suck to not suck?

I don’t think Byron being a good play caller would be absolutely indicative of his potential as HC anyway. I suspect we’re seeing some teams around the league struggle more than they should under good play callers in over their head running the whole show. Because the league trend is get a guy who can call his plays so at least you’ve always got a solid offense. I get more of a leadership presence vibe from Todd. Who seems to command respect from his players well beyond normal platitudes. I think I’d take either of our coordinates with the rest of BA’s staff over any college coach (or wholesale change) though. I think Bruce has started to foster a strong culture that could endure beyond him and Tom (hopefully several years from now).

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.