Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Schwifty9

Participant

*insert laughing crying emoji*

I’m just sitting here watching tonight’s UFC 262 fight card and I hear Daniel “DC” Cormier say he “I believe in Jameis Winston, and I think he is going to bring us to the promise land” and I could not believe my ears.

Who knew that one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time is a low down and dirty Saints fan? I guess believing in Jameis is the only hope ‘Aints fans really have right now because they have no faith in Taysom Hill.

I’d say DC should stick to his sport but that’s a bad dude so I’d never say it to his face lol. But it just struck me as odd and I certainly never thought I’d hear him say those words.

• BucsSavant

Participant

*insert laughing crying emoji*

I’m just sitting here watching tonight’s UFC 262 fight card and I hear Daniel “DC” Cormier say he “I believe in Jameis Winston, and I think he is going to bring us to the promise land” and I could not believe my ears.

Who knew that one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time is a low down and dirty Saints fan? I guess believing in Jameis is the only hope ‘Aints fans really have right now because they have no faith in Taysom Hill.

I’d say DC should stick to his sport but that’s a bad dude so I’d never say it to his face lol. But it just struck me as odd and I certainly never thought I’d hear him say those words.

Lol I heard that. He’s a saints fan, what’s he gonna say? The guy is complete garbage and a waste of time? He knows the truth 😂

• Schwifty9

Participant

I had no idea he was a Saints fan, in all my years watching the UFC I’d never heard him say anything to indicate that he was lol.

But I actually don’t believe Jameis is “complete garbage and a waste of time.” Now don’t get me wrong, I was more than happy to move on from him when it became obvious that Tom Brady actually wanted to leave NE and come here.

But before that happened I would have rather us re-sign Jameis than go after a guy like Teddy Bridgewater. For all his faults, love him or hate him, the guy produced almost 20,000 passing yards, 121 TD’s to 88 INT’s with 1,000+ plus rushing yards and 10 rushing TD’s and is one of like 8 guys to ever throw for more than 5,000 yards in a season.

Yes, the turnovers drove me insane. And we had to let him go, but to say the guy is a flat out bust with no potential would be a gross oversimplification and not entirely true. I think he has the potential to be a very good QB if he could somehow improve his decision making and limit the turnovers.

I just don’t want that to happen with the Saints because I hate them, despite what DC thinks lmao.

• BucsSavant

Participant

He’s a Louisiana guy, he has no choice lol

• Schwifty9

Participant

He doesn’t sound like he’s from Nola to me lol, for some reason his accent made me think he was from the Midwest or somewhere near the Canadian border.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Jameis has more upside than trask does.

Wish I was kidding.

• BucsSavant

Participant

A deranged, obsessive little man you are

• Schwifty9

Participant

He’s right though. Winston has more potential than Trask and it isn’t even really close.

On another UFC note, that 3rd round of the Ferguson vs Dariush was hella weird and super hilarious. Dude was teabagging Tony for like 4 straight minutes and then somebody yells “Grab his D**k and twist it!”

Priceless! And Dariush’s post fight interview was.. unique as well lmao.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

And you’re the most insecure little twat I’ve ever had the displeasure of speaking to.

Jameis is a first overall pick. Get a clue.

• BucsSavant

Participant

And you’re the most insecure little twat I’ve ever had the displeasure of speaking to.

Jameis is a first overall pick. Get a clue.

Quit projecting, fem boy. Jamarcus Russell, Tim couch, and David carr were all number 1 picks too

• Schwifty9

Participant

That Olivera/Chandler fight was nuts. The ref could have easily stopped it for a Chandler TKO win in the 1st but then Olivera comes out and puts away Chandler 10 seconds into the 2nd round.

Awesome stuff.

• BucsSavant

Participant

He doesn’t sound like he’s from Nola to me lol, for some reason his accent made me think he was from the Midwest or somewhere near the Canadian border.

Interesting fact, him and Dustin porier are from the same hometown (Lafayette, Louisiana)

• Greattimes

Participant

The only potential and upside Jameis showed was that he was the most prolific turnover machine in NFL history.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The only potential and upside Jameis showed was that he was the most prolific turnover machine in NFL history.

Holding my judgement now that he has a competent coaching staff & a legit pass catching rb.

I have a lot invested in winston cards. Rooting for the man.

• Schwifty9

Participant

Sorry but to imply that Bruce Arians and his staff are incompetent is just false. And as a Bucs fan I can’t root for Winston to have any kind of success while he plays for an NFC South team.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Agreed. If anything, Winston was ruined by the Lovie/Koetter regimes and by the time Arians came on board, it was too late to salvage him.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Holding my judgement now that he has a competent coaching staff & a legit pass catching rb.

I have a lot invested in winston cards. Rooting for the man.

Dr. Debucsown at his finest.

• theknees

Participant

Sorry but to imply that Bruce Arians and his staff are incompetent is just false. And as a Bucs fan I can’t root for Winston to have any kind of success while he plays for an NFC South team.

His defensive coaching staff is the best in the league. His offensive coaching staff wears #12. Arians is a figment of the ruddy faced brigade. He’s more of a rah rah guy than Sam Wyche……may he rest in peace….

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Winston has the R. Wilson disease which is super hero ball on every play. Winston may do better in a run oriented attack the Saints have though but he is limited if that is his ceiling of being K. Cousins 2.0.

Just hand it off or pass to Kamara for 25 touches a game and the rest is easy. If Winston can’t handle something so simple I think his career is finished.

Same with Cousins and Wilson because some QB’s are not meant to air it out and don’t have the skill set for it.

Build the trenches!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Like how the narrative is that he can now just game manage and not try to do too much, like that’s a new concept. Bucs fans know that’s the same kind of talk we heard every offseason and it always got the same result.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

That is how it was with his rookie season with handing off to D. Martin/Sims.

When the wheels fell off of Martin and Sims injury history more of the load went onto Winston and he couldn’t handle the load.

Peyton runs a more balanced offensive approach so the emphasis on if Winston or Hill is QB1 doesn’t make a different to him. SP is going to run his offense through Kamara, Montgomery, and Murray.

Same in Carolina with CMC…they don’t need S. Darnold to be the hero. Just need Darnold to be better than Teddy B in the red zone and don’t screw things up.

Build the trenches!

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

He said that because he is a “Cormier” mierda. jajajajaja

• Runole

Participant

Winston and the Saints remain the Bucs biggest obstacle in winning the NFC south.

That being said I trust the Bucs with an even better offense will be up to the task as long as Brady is the QB.

• Pepsi

Participant

I wanted Jameis out of here because I think we were becoming a good enough team that just a “game manager” or safe vet QB could easily get us into the playoffs and end the drought. Jameis int risk was just not worth seeing if he could correct it another year.

Im not going to act like he’s a joke though. We watched every game, there are MANY times where Winston looks like hes one of the most talented QBs in the league and capable of carrying the team on his back. If I said I wasnt afraid of Winston now paired with Sean Payton on a team that can protect him and provides him with elite short yardage receiving outlets, id be completely full of shit.

• Runole

Participant

I wanted Jameis out of here because I think we were becoming a good enough team that just a “game manager” or safe vet QB could easily get us into the playoffs and end the drought. Jameis int risk was just not worth seeing if he could correct it another year.

Im not going to act like he’s a joke though. We watched every game, there are MANY times where Winston looks like hes one of the most talented QBs in the league and capable of carrying the team on his back. If I said I wasnt afraid of Winston now paired with Sean Payton on a team that can protect him and provides him with elite short yardage receiving outlets, id be completely full of shit.

Fair assessment on Winston. That being said will the acquisition of Brady go down as the greatest in the history of the Bucs if not the NFL? As a fan since 1976 I think so. The repercussions are still being felt throughout the league. Absolutely Awesome!

• BucsSavant

Participant

Yeah, I’m gonna have to disagree here. Elite talent, one of the worst minds at quarterback I’ve ever seen. Hopeful to face him twice this year.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.