Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Danny Amendola Could Be Done With Patriots?1 min ago Patriots 25219635344_a70c977e68_z.jpg75936615 by anti java, on FlickrMike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that it’s possible the Patriots could move on from WR Danny Amendola.According to Florio, the Patriots are likely to approach Amendola about taking a pay cut at some point this offseason.Florio mentions that Amendola could refuse and essentially force them to either cut him or put him on the trade block in the coming weeks.Should Amendola end up being available, Florio believes he would draw interest from other teams.Amendola, 30, is in the second year of his three-year $12.75 million contract and stands to make a base salary of $5 million for the 2016 season. He’s scheduled to make another $6 million salary in 2017.According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Amendola would free up $4,070,832 in available cap space while creating $2,733,334 in dead money.In 2015, Amendola appeared in 14 games for the Patriots and recorded 65 receptions for 648 yards receiving and three touchdowns. He also contributed 172 kick return yards and another 276 punt return yards for the team. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 29 receiver out of 121 qualifying players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we already have an over-hyped oft-injured player and his initials are ASJ. Lord knows we don’t need another!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we already have an over-hyped oft-injured player and his initials are ASJ. Lord knows we don't need another!!

We need a return guy, spot WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

can we trade Glennon for him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Adam Hump is our Danny Amendola. Minus the jello-bones.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We already have a high effort, high motor, tries hard guy at WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy can still play when he’s healthy but I’d rather try and develop Humphries or a similar draft pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs seem high on Humphries

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a fan of this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFLTradeRumors.co ?@nfltrade_rumors  5m5 minutes agoUPDATE: Patriots Trying To Rework Danny Amendola's Contract, Not Expected To Release Himhttp://bit.ly/21waPGV #Patriots #NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The B-man is back? Awesome. I hope you stick around. We lost a lot of good posters during the Winston Wars of 2015. I consider you one of that group.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but Donteea Dye sucked last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hump day!

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

He’s a joke and always will be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Danny has no leverage to fight the Patriots against reworking that contract and its not in his best interest to get let go. He never lived up to the pay because hes injured all over the place and now hes 30, yet when hes healthy and in the game hes a threat so they will make a deal. Hes gonna make less money one way or the other so he best do it on the Patriots where he can win a superbowl as the slot guy who doesnt need to be relied on.Now if he were cut, I would want him here if it were for cheap. Cheap enough for it not to matter when he misses game, you just sub Humphries into his spot. And when he is healthy it gives Winston a phenomenal group (Jackson, Amendola, Evans) subs: Murphy, Humphries, Bell

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Amendola is the perfect example of a player that works well with the Patriots but is a turd in a punch bowl with every other team.  He needs to stay there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, don't need him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks, let's roll with what we have.  I think we have some potentially solid #3s right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but Donteea Dye sucked last year.

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hump is my man and with a lot ceiling. We still have Dye there as well. It would be to HOT for poor little Amendola------Go Bucs !!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is lost on some…Humpy Bumpy is our Wes Welker. He will make a difference. Calling it now. Big fan of the mighty midgets!Ike Hiliard for the first!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thank you.He is older, not overwhelmingly productive, and i also dread the idea of patriot cast-offs.Now IF tampa was in DIRE need..sure, but tampa isn't.  Not at that position.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

No thank you.He is older, not overwhelmingly productive, and i also dread the idea of patriot cast-offs.Now IF tampa was in DIRE need..sure, but tampa isn't.  Not at that position.

That's what is nice and a point I tried to make in another thread.  We are not in dire need at any position.  None.

Please wait…

• ZenBuc

I’m pretty sure he said that he’s willing to take a pay cut to stay in New England.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

He's a joke and always will be.

You know a thing or two about that one from personal experience.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

jello-bones  fantastic desription

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Danny needs to take less money and a better shot at a ring. If I was making millions of dollars playing a game I love I would rather have the rings than a few extra million

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Danny needs to take less money and a better shot at a ring. If I was making millions of dollars playing a game I love I would rather have the rings than a few extra million

OrDanny knows his future health isn't very bright and he needs to get every penny he can now to support him later when he can't even walk straight or concussion damage kicks in.Just saying, each person has their own way of thinking and there is no one right answer.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.