Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Is this the curse of rookies/back-ups past?

Kidding! I’m picking up Tampa D in my fantasy leagues.

We will wreck the rook!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27636024/giants-bench-eli-elevate-jones-starting-qb

• TBChucky

Participant

Should be fun to see  what Bowles dials up for the rookie! I’m honestly not sure if this is good for us, or bad..

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

I would have preferred Gumby Eli back there but he’s certainly better at identifying exotic coverage/blitz packages. I see heavy doses of show one look, then change fronts and heat coming at the baby deer…all day baby.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Damn it why didnt they start Eli?

• TBChucky

Participant

I’m sure Jones has a more lively arm than Eli at this point. But Eli can definitely read the coverages better. I say bring the heat from everywhere. Shut down Barkley, make Jones beat us.

• Mic

Participant

I think Bowles blitzes the hell out of rookie qbs which will be fun to see

• tpeluso

Participant

Who the Giants start at QB should be irrelevant. The Bucs are a better team regardless of whether it’s Eli or Jones at the controls, and if we lose it’ll be self-inflicted just like it was against San Francisco.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like what I’ve seen from Jones

• TBChucky

Participant

If Jameis can’t outduel a rookie QB on a bad team, we’re screwed..

• nitey

Participant

Well, Eli has seen Todd’s defenses first hand from the field so honestly, I would assume he would play better against our defense than Jones will. I’m certain Eli will be a good teammate and help Jones with film, but I’m still feeling like the Giant’s starting Jones is more to our advantage than Eli starting. But @tpeluso is correct, it really shouldn’t matter, if we are the better team, we should win.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Giant media guys are saying its the perfect week to start Jones against the lowly Bucs. Let him get a win and it will boost his confidence.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I agree with this. Dany Dimes is going to make some pretty throws but also mistakes. Bucs D nees to be opportunistic.

Build the trenches!

• TBChucky

Participant

I agree with this. Dany Dimes is going to make some pretty throws but also mistakes. Bucs D nees to be opportunistic.

Hopefully the only pretty throws he makes go directly to our defenders.. lol..

• BucsWin31

Participant

I think we will see what we have with this defense…as crazy as it sounds. We have been notoriously bad against backups/rookies. If we are as legit as we’ve looked, we should dominate.

• The Anomaly

Participant

Bucs are 3-10 vs rookie or back up QBs since ’11

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

Jameis needs to step up. This is his time. He has the experience. He has a defense. He has the coaching. He has the weapons. He’s had a couple games to shake the rust off. It’s time to click and make the offense go.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Jameis needs to step up. This is his time. He has the experience. He has a defense. He has the coaching. He has the weapons. He’s had a couple games to shake the rust off. It’s time to click and make the offense go.

Well, rather than step up, I would prefer he just stayed in his lane and play like he did against the Panthers. I think its when he tries to step up and be a superstar is when the problems arise.
      Jameis the game manager is fine with me.
      I have lowered my expectations of #3.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Agree Im really hoping we see Jameis step up this year. He doesnt need to be an mvp or anything like that. Just manage the game better than he has and he should have a decent season and I think if our D stays lit all season then decent is all Jameis is going to have to do to help the team win games and get to the playoffs.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Winston has to play better than a game manager depending upon the opponent he faces this year.  This is an opponent where the Bucs offense has to show up and play a clean game and put TDs on the board.

Build the trenches!

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Winston has to play better than a game manager depending upon the opponent he faces this year. This is an opponent where the Bucs offense has to show up and play a clean game and put TDs on the board.

I think he is better when he stays in his lane. What lane that is, is up for debate. I gave up on him being a superstar.

• nitey

Participant

Jameis doesn’t have to be a super star or just a game manager. Just do your job, let others do theirs – in short, just be a good quarterback.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Winston has to play better than a game manager depending upon the opponent he faces this year. This is an opponent where the Bucs offense has to show up and play a clean game and put TDs on the board.

I think he is better when he stays in his lane. What lane that is, is up for debate. I gave up on him being a superstar.

Interesting you feel that way.   We are going to find out this year, but this offense is explosive once all the players are on the same page.

A lot of the sloppiness on offense from week 1 was cleaned up with the exception of the pre snap penalties from Dot and D. Smith.  I expect a cleaner game from the offense in the third game compared to the 2nd game and that is where I anticipate the offense taking off.

Build the trenches!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Well, rather than step up, I would prefer he just stayed in his lane and play like he did against the Panthers. I think its when he tries to step up and be a superstar is when the problems arise.

Jameis the game manager is fine with me.

I have lowered my expectations of #3.

If he plays like how he played against Carolina, I think he helps the team win more games this year.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Lots of respect for Giants’ Saquon Barkley from the Bucs defense facing him Sunday. Vernon Hargreaves: “He’s the best I’ve ever seen. Straight up, he’s special.”
      Auman

• BucBalla85

Participant

I dont think he will ever be a game manager but he does need to manage himself better. Last game was perfect in how he managed himself. I think when he gets thinking too much and tries too hard to make plays is when he shoots himself in the foot. Last game he was relaxed and I really think that is how he needs to be going forward.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Asked about containing Christian McCaffrey with Giants’ Saquon Barkley up next, Bruce Arians says the two backs are on “different planets.” Says Barkley is “bigger, stronger, faster.”
      Auman

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Eli has owned the Bucs since knocking Tampa out of the playoffs under Gruden in 2007. Even when the Giants stunk Eli had his best games especially in Ray Jay.

I am glad they are starting Jones.

• Jed

Participant

I was worried about this when the season began. I was thinking to myself that if at some point we play against a team with a rookie QB we are in trouble because it means Bowles will be switching back to the Mike Smith defensive scheme. <RME & rockin the blue font>

• Jed

Participant

Who the Giants start at QB should be irrelevant. The Bucs are a better team regardless of whether it’s Eli or Jones at the controls, and if we lose it’ll be self-inflicted just like it was against San Francisco.

They change the QB but still have the same piss poor WR group with their best one still suspended. Their defense has given up over 60+ points in 2 games. I didn’t watch Jones during the preseason. I’m just guessing he looked good vs the other team’s twos and threes using a vanilla defensive scheme .

• ratiffshabang

Participant

I’d rather face Eli than Jones. Eli has the experience and knowledge, but I don’t think he can make the throws anymore. So being able to make the reads doesn’t necessarily help if you can’t get it to the WR. Jones on the hand is mobile, very smart, and has a good enough arm. Personally I think the Giants made the right choice in the draft.

• Easythe great

Participant

Bowles will design a way to stop Barkley and Jones will be confused at this exotic pressure defense. I could see this being a big game for our interior D-line.

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

GMEN will try to neutralize Shaq so the other guys in the front seven need to come up big.

If the backend can hold up long enough the Bucs can force some coverage sacks.

Build the trenches!

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

NFL Network reporting a lot of Eli’s problems are bad routes by the receivers. Bunch of backups starting at the position.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

GMEN will try to neutralize Shaq so the other guys in the front seven need to come up big.

If the backend can hold up long enough the Bucs can force some coverage sacks.

Between Vita, LVD, Nassib, White(Minter?) and Suh I’m sure someone can step up.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Of course they will run the correct routes this week when their rookie QB starts. lol Bucs life…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Whining aside, if we don’t stop Saquan it won’t matter who the QB is. Ideally we run up the score early and force Jones to beat us with his arm. I think we will get huge games from Vita & Suh this week provided the latter wakes up.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

What is Bowles record vs rookies?

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Line just moved from -7 to -6.5 Bucs

Who the heck is putting money on NYG!!??

GottaJaboo wrote:

• RudeGuy

Participant

People unaware of what has been going on with the Bucs. The national media always keeps them the world’s best secret. Only time they talk about them is when they are forced to do so.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Belcher is going to challenge the interior of the line with some exotic blitzes.   This is something that the interior oline should be familiar with going up against Bowles defense in practice.

The  key to this game on offense  is Marpet-Jensen- Cappa controlling the interior for pass pro and ensuring the ground game takes off.

Build the trenches!

• RudeGuy

Participant

Belcher is going to challenge the interior of the line with some exotic blitzes. This is something that the interior oline should be familiar with going up against Bowles defense in practice.

The key to this game on offense is Marpet-Jensen- Cappa controlling the interior for pass pro and ensuring the ground game takes off.

Let’s hope they have been working on the screen. It was a little weak the last time they tried.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Belcher is going to challenge the interior of the line with some exotic blitzes. This is something that the interior oline should be familiar with going up against Bowles defense in practice.

The key to this game on offense is Marpet-Jensen- Cappa controlling the interior for pass pro and ensuring the ground game takes off.

Let’s hope they have been working on the screen. It was a little weak the last time they tried.

Arians is very, very familiar with Belcher’s play calling style.  Bottom line is that Arians can point out how Belcher will attack the A gaps but it is up to the interior to stay disciplined.

With that said the Giants fans are being rough with Belcher given that he doesn’t have much to work with in that front seven.  That secondary isn’t that bad but he is asking them to play more zone to cover the issues on the front seven. As a result the secondary is becoming frustrated with the play calling.

If Belcher had more talent in the front seven he could be more aggressive playing cover 1 with the personnel he has in the secondary.

Bucs should not sleep on the Giants because they still have enough vets on defense to stall the Bucs O if they show up motivated.

Build the trenches!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

People unaware of what has been going on with the Bucs. The national media always keeps them the world’s best secret. Only time they talk about them is when they are forced to do so.

Thats fine with me. If it goes how it should I’ll rape Vegas again on the under, the moneyline, the handicap and I’ll throw in an adjusted handicap bet just for a little icing on the cake this week.

I’m expecting Daniel Jones to do his “bad Jameis” impersonation and throw 2 or 3 balls to the good guys. This game should easily be a double digit win if Jameis observes rule No.1 – “just don’t fuck it up”. Rule No.1 is my only rule.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• kenntak

Participant

These are the types of games the Bucs have to win, like they should have against the 49ers. Can’t lose these opportunities early in the season, because things will get tougher.

• Ava’Jeno

Participant

Rookies and back ups should scare a buc fan…. but it feels different this time… we’ve never had a defense that relies on exotic pressures….I’m expecting Bowles to throw the kitchen sink at him …. or maybe pretend to throw the sink but hit him in the head with the faucet while he’s ducking lol!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

1) We really really need to win this game, it will be demoralizing if we lose at home again, especially since we won’t be back until November.

2) Even when we win, no one will be talking about us being 2-1 or being an improved defense or anything else. We won’t be the storyline, only Eli/Jones will be the story, just get over it already. It’s probably better off that way anyway with the long road trip ahead of us.

• TBChucky

Participant

1) We really really need to win this game, it will be demoralizing if we lose at home again, especially since we won’t be back until November.

2) Even when we win, no one will be talking about us being 2-1 or being an improved defense or anything else. We won’t be the storyline, only Eli/Jones will be the story, just get over it already. It’s probably better off that way anyway with the long road trip ahead of us.

Exactly.. We can’t afford to lose this game. But we can demolish them and the larger market team will still get the publicity.. That being said, give me the W!! 😁

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Giants are going to go all in with Dany Dimes. Bucs have to play smart football.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

damn that kid’s good

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

damn that kid’s good

Dany Dimes is looking legit.  Scary thing is he hasn’t had many reps.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should we add Danny’s name to the list of QBs that’s been drafted after Jameis and who’s better than him?

i think so

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy crap, even CNN is reporting about this guy kicking the Bucs’ ass.  He’s getting more coverage/publicity than Trump today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2019/09/18/daniel-jones-new-york-giants-jersey-top-seller/2365690001/

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.