Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs' Danny Lansanah: We Can't Get ComplacentMatt Stein  Sports Talk FloridaOct 21, 2015 danny_zpsm04xd2k1.png(Main feature photo courtesy of the Tampa Bay Bucccaneers)The Buccaneers entered the final two minutes of play in their last matchup versus Jacksonville with a 20-7 lead, but it was a different story the rest of the way out.From the point on, the Jaguars outscored Tampa Bay 24-18, something linebacker Danny Lansanah said is the result of the team getting "complacent" up two scores closing in on the end of the first half.There is, of course, an emphasis by the coaching staff placed on finishing strong. As far as whether this is something mental, physical, or just flat out going out and doing it, Lansanah said it's all of the above."When you go up a lot, and you're up by a lot of points, sometimes you can put your guard down and get complacent," he said. "But like coach preaches all the time, we've got to finish games and hopefully we can finish the game like we did last week this week.""You just feel like you've won the game already being up two scores or whatever and you just feel complacent and in this game you can't get complacent because anything can happen."Lansanah said one part of the team's game that is affected by this change of attitude is that they aren't going after the ball as hard as they might otherwise, which is something that can't happen."We've just go to guard ourselves from that and play every play like it's the last play we'll play."video link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive players shouldn’t even be looking at the scoreboard. Step on the field, get the opposing offense off the field in as few plays as possible. Let the offense worry about scoring points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive players shouldn't even be looking at the scoreboard. Step on the field, get the opposing offense off the field in as few plays as possible. Let the offense worry about scoring points.

Lovie wants the defense to score.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell this to Lovie, the guy who took three timeouts into the half when the offense had the ball and almost a minute on the clock.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive players shouldn't even be looking at the scoreboard. Step on the field, get the opposing offense off the field in as few plays as possible. Let the offense worry about scoring points.

If the opposing offense is stopped by a pick 6 or running a fumble back for a TD, so be it....get back out the after the kickoff and don't worry about the points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Chace. Just do your job until the final whistle no matter what the score. If you need motivation, go for the pick or sack or FF, to pad your stats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sheesh that’s crazy that this team could be complacent with any lead. Judging by how they’re mostly never ahead and down 3+ scores themselves more then a few times. Get your heads out of your asses guys. haven’t won or done anything yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously they get paid stupid money to do their job take some freaking pride in your work guys…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously they get paid stupid money to do their job take some freaking pride in your work guys...

Amazing things can happen when you do this.sistine.chapel.vatican.10.jpg

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Tell this to Lovie, the guy who took three timeouts into the half when the offense had the ball and almost a minute on the clock.

That pissed me off to no end. He talked a lot about that year in his basement but he hasn't changed one bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That pissed me off to no end. He talked a lot about that year in his basement but he hasn't changed one bit.

Yep. And when you give up the most points in the league, you need to score every chance you get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. And when you give up the most points in the league, you need to score every chance you get.

He was protecting against our QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree, but even if you wing it 50 yards downfield, on a hail mary, and it gets picked, its like a punt anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree, but even if you wing it 50 yards downfield, on a hail mary, and it gets picked, its like a punt anyway.

Sack fumble?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sack fumble?

Ya I suppose, but you gotta roll the dice now and then. Being conservative damn near cost them that Jags game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sack fumble?

Ya I suppose, but you gotta roll the dice now and then. Being conservative damn near cost them that Jags game.

It's Dungy Ball from when he was here. He then got Manning and things changed. Lovie is still stuck in full Dungy Ball mode.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sack fumble?

It's Dungy Ball from when he was here. He then got Manning and things changed. Lovie is still stuck in full Dungy Ball mode.

Hopefully we can stick him back in unemployment mode.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sack fumble?

Hopefully we can stick him back in unemployment mode.

Oh I think he is here for the rest of the season. Maybe even next season if he wins enough games. He won the Jags game, so his thinking is he did the right thing before the half.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t doubt that he is here for the rest of the year. My hope is that he is gone before the start of next year. My hopes don’t go too much further from there though, because I have no reason to think that the trust fund babies won’t flub yet another HC hire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't doubt that he is here for the rest of the year. My hope is that he is gone before the start of next year. My hopes don't go too much further from there though, because I have no reason to think that the trust fund babies won't flub yet another HC hire.

I feel the Glazers believe they need stability at HC and they are all in with Lovie right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t doubt that. Another sub-5 win season could certainly change that belief, as it should.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't doubt that. Another sub-5 win season could certainly change that belief, as it should.

Very true. It would be best for the team and fans if things take a turn for the best. It does get old starting over every two years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't doubt that. Another sub-5 win season could certainly change that belief, as it should.

Very true. It would be best for the team and fans if things take a turn for the best. It does get old starting over every two years.

Personally, I'd rather just lose enough to get rid of a coach who I feel won't ever get us close to competing for a championship. Gotta bounce the lame duck coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usually when a team gets a big lead the biggest problem is the defensive play calling goes into “prevent” mode. It should be re-named the "prevent victory defense".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All defenses want to score...that's nothing unusual...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I'd rather just lose enough to get rid of a coach who I feel won't ever get us close to competing for a championship. Gotta bounce the lame duck coach.

Won't happen in the next 2 years...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What coach doesn't?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope..Pick 6 or a scoring fumble...He did the right thing...Rookie QB and two rooks on the OL...Why tempt fate?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't doubt that he is here for the rest of the year. My hope is that he is gone before the start of next year. My hopes don't go too much further from there though, because I have no reason to think that the trust fund babies won't flub yet another HC hire.

I feel the Glazers believe they need stability at HC and they are all in with Lovie right now.

Yep...they got burned paying 3 previous coaches who were not on the sideline...I doubt that they want to be on the hook for 5 mil a year for Lovie's contract plus a the contract of the new coach for the next 3 years...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All defenses want to score...that's nothing unusual...

You're missing the point. They should be playing 100% no matter if the team is down by 20 or up by 20. Their #1 goal when stepping out on that field is stopping the opposing offense. If scoring happens in the process, great, but the offense's main job is putting up points. The defense's job is something inherently different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't happen in the next 2 years...

So even if the Bucs don't win another game the rest of the year, you still think he is coach for 2 more years? You see no scenario where he is fired before his contract is up?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs' Danny Lansanah: We Can't Get ComplacentMatt Stein  Sports Talk FloridaOct 21, 2015 danny_zpsm04xd2k1.png(Main feature photo courtesy of the Tampa Bay Bucccaneers)The Buccaneers entered the final two minutes of play in their last matchup versus Jacksonville with a 20-7 lead, but it was a different story the rest of the way out.From the point on, the Jaguars outscored Tampa Bay 24-18, something linebacker Danny Lansanah said is the result of the team getting "complacent" up two scores closing in on the end of the first half.There is, of course, an emphasis by the coaching staff placed on finishing strong. As far as whether this is something mental, physical, or just flat out going out and doing it, Lansanah said it's all of the above."When you go up a lot, and you're up by a lot of points, sometimes you can put your guard down and get complacent," he said. "But like coach preaches all the time, we've got to finish games and hopefully we can finish the game like we did last week this week.""You just feel like you've won the game already being up two scores or whatever and you just feel complacent and in this game you can't get complacent because anything can happen."Lansanah said one part of the team's game that is affected by this change of attitude is that they aren't going after the ball as hard as they might otherwise, which is something that can't happen."We've just go to guard ourselves from that and play every play like it's the last play we'll play."video link

what was that again?

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.