Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• obuc

Participant

“One thing going for Darden is that Tom Brady essentially hand-picked the receiver in the draft. According to Pro Football Talk, Bruce Arians gave Brady the reins to evaluate the wide receiver talent in the draft. Darden was the only receiver the Buccaneers selected. He caught the eye of the GOAT, which means the Buccaneers’ new rookie receiver should develop into a legitimate playmaker one day.”

I dont know about the prediction but this might be why they moved up to get Darden.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yup that is the rumor I heard a while back.

Good to see it confirmed.

Build the trenches!

• Trask Force

Participant

Well the takeaway for me is less about Darden and more about Brady getting involved in player evaluation. It’s one thing to keep one eye on the draft and have an opinion about Jaylen Waddle or somebody like that. But what is he doing evaluating on some Day 3 prospect from North Texas to the point where he is actually getting drafted by us? Maybe the scouting department did the legwork on it, but still it may give some insight into what Brady doing with his day inside One Buc. Is this a clue about what he will want to do after he retires?

• seekpar

Participant

Is this a clue about what he will want to do after he retires?

IMHO, I don’t think so. I think it’s more about giving respect, and the opportunity for input, to one of the most successful players in NFL history. A lesson from which the Packers could learn something.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Darden will be special early on dude is a luxury shifty Wr with speed can’t wait to see him on screens and reverse plays.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Even if he doesn’t make it as a legit NFL receiver, I’m sure he can hook all us fans up with free meals at Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse or Bahama Breeze.

• obuc

Participant

Well, I first thought of Edelman when I read this. the guy could be a very difficult cover.

• obuc

Participant

Even if he doesn’t make it as a legit NFL receiver, I’m sure he can hook all us fans up with free meals at Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse or Bahama Breeze.

and Red lobster.

• TCB2W!

Participant

What I find interesting is Ja’Marr Chase tweeted “Steal!” after we drafted Darden.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

I’m sure Brady’s opinion was just one of several. Another set of eyes from a QB who’s seen many receivers over 20 years couldn’t hurt.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I read right after the draft that they asked Brady to take a look at some WRs but he declined and left it up to the front office. Either that story was wrong or the story is getting spun out of proportion over time. Stories tend to do that with Brady.

• Donkey

Participant

Well he’s the kind of receiver Brady liked to utilize in NE.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

and Red lobster.

Darden Restaurants doesn’t own Red Lobster anymore. LOL

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.